"Truly? Bronn, this was not well done. Ser Alliser and I are old friends. We walked the Wall together."
“有这回事?波隆,这可不对。艾里沙爵士是我的老朋友咧,我们一起爬过长城。”
"Sweet Ser Alliser," murmured Varys, "you must not think too harshly of us.
“亲爱的艾里沙爵士,”瓦里斯低声说,“您就别太苛责我们了。
So many seek our Joffrey's grace, in these troubled and tumultuous times."
如今正是动荡棘手的关口,有多少人求见我们的乔佛里陛下啊。”
"More troubled than you know, eunuch."
“只怕我带来的消息比你想像的要棘手得多,太监。”
"To his face we call him Lord Eunuch," quipped Littlefinger.
“当着他面,要称他为太监大人,”小指头讽刺道。
"How may we be of help to you, good brother?" Grand Maester Pycelle asked in soothing tones.
“好兄弟,我们该如何帮你呢?”派席尔大学士安抚地说。
"The Lord Commander sent me to His Grace the king," Thorne answered.
“总司令大人派我来晋见国王陛下,”索恩回答,
"The matter is too grave to be left to servants."
“事态严重,不能交给臣仆们处理。”
"The king is playing with his new crossbow," Tyrion said.
“哦,此刻国王陛下正在摆弄他的新十字弓,”提利昂道。
Ridding himself of Joffrey had required only an ungainly Myrish crossbow that threw three quarrels at a time,
打发乔佛里可容易多了,只需一把笨重的密尔十字弓,一次发三矢的那种。
and nothing would do but that he try it at once. "You can speak to servants or hold your silence."
看到那玩意儿,他立刻什么也不顾了,“怎么办?你要么告诉我们这些臣仆,要么就只好保持沉默喽。”
"As you will," Ser Alliser said, displeasure in every word. "I am sent to tell you that we found two rangers, long missing.
“好吧,”艾里沙爵士忿忿不平地说,“我来这里的目的,是要禀报国王陛下,我们发现了两个失踪已久的游骑兵。
They were dead, yet when we brought the corpses back to the Wall they rose again in the night.
找到他们时,他们已经死了,但尸体运回长城后,却在深夜里复活。
One slew Ser Jaremy Rykker, while the second tried to murder the Lord Commander."
其中一个杀了杰瑞米.莱克爵士,而另一个试图谋害总司令大人。”