Operation Abilene was one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War.
阿比林行动是越南战争中最血腥的战役。
Everybody down!
大家卧倒!
The entire company nearly wiped out.
整个连队几乎全军覆没。
We are taking fire!
我们正在遭受攻击!
I prayed for a miracle.
我祈求奇迹出现。
One came. His name is Pits.
来了一个人。他叫皮斯。
Pits saved lives. We put him up for the Medal of Honor.
皮斯救了许多人。我们提名他为荣誉勋章候选人。
But he never got the medal?
但是他没有得到这个勋章?
Justice delayed is justice denied.
迟到的正义就不是正义了。
The Medal of Honor is the highest recognition of military valor there is.
荣誉勋章是对军人英勇的最高认可。
You'll prepare a full decorations review.
你要准备一个全面的评估。
Mister Pitsenbarger, Sir. I'm from the Department of Defense.
皮森伯格先生。我是国防部的。
I'm here to learn about your son.
我是来了解你儿子的。
If you want the real story, you'll need to talk to the Mud Soldiers.
如果你想知道真实的故事,你就得和那些泥巴兵谈谈。
I've never seen lost men like that.
我从来没见过像那样的牺牲。
Pitsenbarger comes down that wire saves men he never even knew.
皮森伯格从钢丝上下来,救了一些他根本不认识的人。
Sounds like a suicide mission.
听起来像一个自杀行动。
Suicide is hopeless. What Pitsenbarger did was valor.
自杀是无望的。皮森巴格所做的是勇敢的。
Kept telling him to get out but he wouldn't go.
我们一直告诉他赶紧走,但是他没有走。
He was there to save lives and that's what he was doing.
他在那里拯救生命,这就是他所做的。
Why're you here? Because you're here.
你为什么在这里?因为你们在这里。
Hell, he shouldn't even have been there. None of us should have.
他根本不应该在那里。我们都不应该的。
What are you saying?
你在说什么?
Friendly fire, we were fighting our own men.
其实是来自友军的误射炮火,我们在打自己人。
The after action report is missing.
战后报告丢失了。
Who even thought up Operation Abilene in the first place?
是谁最开始想出阿比林行动的?
It's not a can of worms you wanna open. Why not?
这个棘手的问题不是你想碰的。为什么不呢?
Information was removed from the original review.
信息已从最初的审查中删除。
You have no idea what you're starting.
你根本不知道你要开始做的是什么。
I have never seen you back off of anything.
我从来没见你放弃过什么。
Usually we're judged by what we do, but what we don't do is what haunts us.
通常外界都是根据我们的行为来对我们做出评判,但我们没有做的,一直在围绕着我们。
I'm gonna go public with the story.
我要把这一事件公之于众。
Sounds a little dangerous.
听起来有点危险啊。
But it'll be great television.
但电视收视率会爆表。
Getting that medal for Pits, for the men I lost might be the only decent thing I pull out of that war.
让皮斯、让我牺牲的战友们拿到这个勋章,可能是我从那场战争中撤下后做的唯一体面的事情。
Pitsenbarger's father is dying.
皮森伯格的父亲快死了。
Dying isn't harder than losing a child. Do what you can.
失去孩子要比死亡更难接受。尽你所能吧。
Guys like Pitsenbarger do what they do for each other. A life for a life.
像皮森伯格这样的人,会为彼此做他们该做的事。一命抵一命。
I need to finish this.
我得完成这个任务。
Give praise as this young man ensures that the sacrifices of the fallen will never be forgotten.
颂扬这位年轻人,是确保他们所作的牺牲永远不被忘记。