人物:主婚人,罗斯,艾米丽,
瑞秋,乔伊,钱德勒,罗斯妈妈
事件:在上一季的最后,罗斯在和艾米丽在婚礼宣誓中错叫了瑞秋的名字,于是在所有亲朋面前,罗斯又重新进行了宣誓。
剧情片段
Minister: I think we’d better start again①. Ross, repeat after me. I, Ross…
主婚人:我觉得我们还是重来吧。罗斯,请跟我复述。我,罗斯……
Ross: I, Ross…
罗斯:我,罗斯……
Minister: Take thee, EMILY…1
主婚人:要迎娶你“艾蜜莉”(特意把字音咬得特别清楚)……
Ross: Take thee, Emily. Like there’d be② anybody else.
罗斯:要迎娶你艾米丽。(苦笑)就跟还能是别人似的。
Minister: As my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.2
主婚人:成为我的合法妻子,无论病痛,至死不渝。
Ross: As my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, until death parts us③. Really, I do. Emily.
罗斯:成为我的合法妻子,无论病痛,至死不渝。我真的会,(用手指着艾米丽)艾米丽。
Minister: May I have the rings? Emily, place this ring on Ross’s finger as a symbol of your bond everlasting. Ross, place this ring in Emily’s hand as a symbol of the love that encircles you forever. Ross and Emily have made their declarations and it gives me great pleasure to declare them husband and wife. You may kiss the bride④.
主婚人:请把婚戒给我。艾米丽,为罗斯带上戒指,象征你们将会永远在一起。(艾米丽狠狠给罗斯带上戒指)罗斯,请为艾米丽带上戒指,代表你们两人永无止尽的爱,保佑你们白头偕老。罗斯与艾米丽已经宣誓,我很荣幸地宣布他们成为夫妻。你可以亲吻新娘了。
Mrs. Geller: This is worse than when he married the lesbian.3
盖勒夫人:(私语)这比他上次结婚还糟。(音乐响起,两人走上红毯)
Joey: Well, that went well. Yeah.
乔伊:啊,刚才进行得还挺顺利的。不错。
Chandler: It could’ve been worse⑤. He could’ve shot her.4
钱德勒:本还可以更糟些呢,比如他可以把她毙了。(两人从红毯走出大厅)
Ross: That uh, that was pretty funny, wasn’t it⑥? Och!
罗斯:刚才,嗯,真是听好笑,对不?(被艾米丽打了一拳)噢!
n. 符号,标志,象征