Hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish and in this
你好!我是来自mmmEnglish的Emma
lesson, I'm going to share with you 10
本课程我将与你分享
English words that you're probably
10个可能会念错的单词
mispronouncing! If you are learning to
如果你正在学习说英语
speak English, then pronunciation is
那么英语的发音
probably one of the biggest frustrations
可能是最大的挫折之一
that you have right now and these words
这些词或许你经常用
that I've chosen are difficult because
我选择的这些词很难,难在
of the combination of letters or sounds
字母或发音的组合
in English. Together they can be quite
在英语中。事实上它们组合可能相当困难
difficult or your eyes can, in fact, play
或者你的眼睛可能会欺骗你
tricks on you because the letters that
因为你看到的字母
you see, they don't sound like you think
但是听起来
they should and some of these words are
并不是你想象的那样
even difficult for native English
听起来并不像英语母语者
speakers to pronounce! But don't worry
一样发音,但别担心
about it, don't sweat, we are going to fix
关于它,不要流汗,我们今天要解决
these pronunciation problems right here,
这些发音问题,
right now in this lesson! Let's get
就是现在这一课!我们开始吧
started! OK the first word is 'vegetable'
开始!好的,第一个词是'蔬菜vegetable'
'vegetable'. Now this word is a challenge
'蔬菜vegetable'。现在这个词是一个挑战
because it looks like there should be
因为它看起来应该是
four syllables in this word. 'Vegetable'.
这个词里有四个音节。 '蔬菜vegetable'。
But there's not, there are three syllables, 'vegetable'.
但没有,有三个音节,'蔬菜vegetable'。
Can you see the syllable - that we completely forget the 'e'?
你能发现音节 - 我们完全忽略了'e'?
'Vegetable'. We don't pronounce that second
'蔬菜Vegetable'。我们不会发第二个
syllable. 'Vegetable', 'vegetable'.
音节。'Vegetable', 'vegetable'。
Fantastic!
太棒了!
I'm going to the market to get some vegetables for dinner.
我要去市场为晚餐买点蔬菜
'Comfortable'. Now this word, just like 'vegetable', has an extra vowel in there that we don't need
'舒服的Comfortable'。现在这个词,就像'蔬菜vegetable'一样,有一个我们不需要的额外的元音在那里
'Comfortable', not 'comfortable'or 'comfortable' but -able'. 'Comfortable'.
'Comfortable', 不是'comfortable'或'comfortable',而是-able'。 'Comfortable'。
You skip that vowe 'Comfortable'.
你跳过那个元音,读作 'Comfortable'。
You look very comfortable this afternoon.
你今天下午看起来很自在
'Almond'. Now in this word the 'L' is silent.
'杏仁Almond'。现在这个词里'L'是不发声的。
It's not 'almond' or 'almond' it's 'al--mond', 'almond', 'almond', 'almond'.
它不是'almond'或'almond',它是 'almond'
I'm going to make an
我打算做一个
I'm going to make an almond cake for dessert.
我打算做一个 杏仁蛋糕甜点。
Now there are lots of other English words that have a
现在有很多其他的英文单词有一个
silent letter 'L' in them - words like
无声的字母'L'在其中 - 像这样的词
'salmon', not 'salmon', 'half', not 'half', 'would',
'三文鱼salmon',而不是'salmon,'一半half',而不是'half','会would'
'talk', 'walk'. All of these words have a
'说talk','走walk'。所有这些词都有
silent 'L' in them, which makes them a
无声'L'在他们,这使他们
little bit tricky to pronounce correctly.
有点难以发音正确。
I've got a separate video that is all
我有一个单独的视频
about silent letters in English words
关于英文单词中的无声字母
and I talk about the letter 'L' and lots
我会谈论这封信'L'和很多
of other silent letters in that video.
该视频中的其他无声字母。
You can check it out up here at the end
最后你可以在这里查看它
of this video!
在这个视频里看到!
OK, what about this one?
好的,这个呢?
How many times
多少次
have you been asked to read a paragraph
你被要求阅读一段
out aloud in front of the class and
在班级前面大声说出来
you've been reading and then you come
你一直在阅读,然后你来
across this and you think, 'How on earth
穿过这个,你会想,'怎么在地球上
am I going to say that?!' Lots of native
我会说那个?!'很多母语
English speakers actually mess this up
为英语的人实际上搞砸了
as well and they'll pronounce X-cetera
并且他们会发音X-cetera
or X-cetera and it should be pronounced
或X-cetera,它应该发音
'et cetera', 'et cetera', 'et cetera'.
'et cetera','et cetera','et cetera'。
or 'et cetera', if you're like me. OK this one
或'et cetera',如果你像我一样。好的这一个
is especially difficult! 'Clothes', 'clothes',
特别困难! '衣服Clothes', 'clothes',
'clothes'. Now the reason why it's
'clothes'。这就是为什么特别困难的原因
especially difficult is because of the
是因为
two final consonant sounds, the '-th' and
两个最后的辅音,'-th'和
the plural sound. Now this noun is of
复数的发音。现在这个名词是
course, always plural. Clothes refers to
当然,总是复数。衣服是指
shirts, shorts, trousers, jumpers, jackets
衬衫,短裤,裤子,跳线,夹克
- anything that you wear is your clothes,
- 你穿的任何东西都是你的衣服,
are your clothes! But 'clothes', 'clothes'
是你的衣服!但'衣服clothes','clothes'
not 'cloths', not 'close' and not 'clothes' either!
不是'布cloths',也不是'接近close',也不是'clothes'!
The difficult thing about the
关于这个问题的困难
pronunciation of this word is the two
这个词的发音是两个
consonant sounds.
辅音。
together. Both of
一起。两者的
those sounds are voiced consonant sounds
发音是浊辅音
so the sound is made here in your vocal
所以声音是在你的声音中制作的
cords.
线。
Now the thing to remember
现在要记住的事情
that's really important is with that '-th' sound
这真的很重要,就是那个 '-th' 音
you need to bring your teeth through
你需要通过你的牙齿
- your tongue through your teeth! Now the
- 你的舌头穿过你的牙齿!现在
'-th' sound is very, very soft. It is
'-th'声音非常非常柔和。
definitely still there, it needs to sound
它肯定还在那里,它需要发声
different from the verb 'close'. OK, which
不同于动词'close'。好的,哪个
doesn't have the '-th' sound. This word has
没有'-th'声音。这个词有
the '-th' sound, 'clothes', 'clothes'. It's very
'-th'声音,'clothes', 'clothes'。这是很
short but it's definitely there! I need
简短,它绝对在那里!今晚我需要
to pack my clothes tonight because we
收拾我的衣服,因为我们
leave early in the morning. I need to
清早离开。我需要
pack my clothes tonight.
今晚收拾我的衣服。
'Jewellery', 'jewellery', 'jewellery'.
'珠宝jewellery','jewellery','jewellery'。
Again, we've got an extra vowel here that we don't need
再一次,我们在这里有一个额外的元音,我们不需要
to pronounce. We don't say 'jewellery',
发音。我们不说'jewellery',
'jewellery'. It's just 'jewellery' and actually
'jewellery'。这实际上只是'jewellery'
in American English the spelling is
在美国英语中拼写是
slightly different to the British and
与英国和英国略有不同
the Australian version. And the American
以及澳大利亚版本。而且美国版本
version should help you to pronounce
应该可以帮助你发音
this word more correctly. 'Jewelry', 'jewelry',
这个词更准确。'Jewelry','Jewelry',
so that's gold, silver, pearls, diamonds,
所以这是金,银,珍珠,钻石,
earrings, rings, necklaces - all of these
耳环,戒指,项链 - 所有这些
things that we wear to make ourselves
我们穿的东西,使自己
look more beautiful! I don't wear a lot
看起来更漂亮!我自己不戴很多珠宝
of jewellery myself. The only jewellery I
我戴的唯一的珠宝
wear is this ring and sometimes some earrings.
是这个戒指,有时候戴些耳环。
'Architecture', 'architecture'.
'建筑Architecture','Architecture'。
This one is so often mispronounced! I hear
这个经常是错误的!我听过有人读
'architecture', 'architecture',
'architecture','architecture',
- which is incorrect! The '-ch' sound in this word is a
- 这是不正确的!这个词的'-ch'声音是a
sound like in 'cat'.
听起来像'猫cat'一样。
'Architecture', 'architect'.
'Architecture','Architecture'。
'Architect'.
'Architecture'。
It's not the same '-ch' sound
这不一样的'-ch'声音
that you hear in words like 'chocolate'
你听到的话像'巧克力chocolate'
and 'cheese', it's a sound and there are
和'奶酪cheese',这是一种声音,
quite a few English words that actually
实际上有不少英文单词
have this same pronunciation of the '-ch'
具有相同的'-ch'发音
combination - words like 'stomach' and 'ache'.
组合 - 像'胃stomach'和'疼痛ache'这样的词。
The '-ch' in all of these words is
所有这些词中的'-ch'是
pronounced like a sound.
发音就像一个声音。
My brother is an architect.
我的兄弟是一名建筑师。
He went home early because he had a stomach ache.
他因胃痛而早早回家。
'Enthusiastic', not
'热心Enthusiastic',不是
'enthusiastic' or 'enthusiastic', but
'enthusiastic'或'enthusiastic',但是
'enthusiastic'. You have to work harder to
'热情'。你必须更努力地工作
get this one correct! So many of my
得到这个正确!我的很多
students say "This one is too hard! I'm
学生们说:“这个太难了!我
just not going to use this word!" and I
不会用这个词!
say "NO, we are going to get it right,
我就说“不,我们会做对的,
right now, together here in this lesson!"
现在,在这里一起在这里!“
'Enthusiastic'. So what you need to do is break down this word.
'Enthusiastic'。所以你需要打破这个词。
Start with the first syllable,
开始发第一个音节,
Where is your tongue?
你的舌头在哪儿
What's it doing on that final consonant sound?
那最后的辅音怎么回事?
It's at the top of
它在顶部
your mouth and the 'n' sound is made back
你的嘴和'n'的声音恢复了
in the soft palate - it's a nasal sound
在软腭- 这是一个鼻音
and to move to the '-th' sound, you need to
并转移到 '-th'声音,你需要
of course, bring your tongue down and out
当然,把你的舌头放下来
through your teeth.
通过你的牙齿。
The tongue must come out through the middle of your
舌头必须从你的牙齿中间出来!
teeth! If you don't, you will mispronounce
如果你不这样做,你会错误地发现
this word and you'll say 'enthusiastic'
这个词,你会说'热情'
or 'enthusiastic' instead. You need
或者'热心'来代替。你需要
to say
说
See how I'm breaking that down for you?
看看我是如何为你打破的?
'Enthusiastic', 'enthusiastic'.
'Enthusiastic','Enthusiastic'。
Now you're going to be enthusiastic
现在你会变得热情
about using that word!
关于使用这个词!
'Word', 'world'.and 'work'.
'Word','Word'。和 'work'.。
Now you're probably mispronouncing
现在你可能会误读
these words because you are looking at
这些词是因为你在看
the '-or' and you're trying to pronounce
'-or' ,你想发
the vowel sound 'or', like in 'door'.
元音'or',就像 'door'一样。
But this is incorrect, the vowel sound is actually
但这是不正确的,元音是实际的
as in 'her'. 'Work', 'world', 'word'.
就像'她her'一样。 '工作Work','世界world','词word'。
This is your eyes playing tricks on you! Your eyes are
这是你的眼睛在玩弄你!你的眼睛是
seeing these words, seeing the letters O
看到这些字眼,看到字母O.
and R and they're telling you to
和R,他们告诉你
pronounce 'or' but, in fact, you should be
发音 'or',但事实上,你应该是
pronouncing
发音
for all of these words!
所有这些单词!
'Word'. 'World. 'Work'.
'Word'. 'World. 'Work'。
If you pronounce 'or', especially for this last one, 'work', it
如果你发音为'or',特别是对于最后一个, 'work'
actually sounds a lot like the English
实际上听起来很像英语单词
word, 'walk'.
'walk'。
'Photograph'. Now perhaps you
'Photograph'。现在也许你
can pronounce this word correctly,
可以正确地发音这个词,
'photograph', but what about all of the
'photograph',但所有的事情呢
other words in this word family?
换句话说在这个词里呢?
'Photography', 'photographer', 'photographic'.
'摄影Photography','摄影师photographer','摄影photographic'。
When my students mispronounce these words,
当我的学生误读这些单词
it's usually because they are stressing the wrong syllable.
通常是因为他们强调错误的音节。
English words that have more than one syllable
英语有多个音节的词
always have one strong stressed syllable.
总是有一个强调重音的音节。
Sometimes there are secondary syllables
有时候还有次重音音节
but there is always one main stressed
但总是有一个主要的强调
syllable that is clearer and stronger
音节更清晰更强
than the others and the unstressed
比其他人和不重视的人
syllable - the syllable that's not
音节 - 不强调的音节
stressed - is often reduced down to a
- 往往减少到一个
schwa vowel sound.
schwa元音。
Now the schwa sound is the lazier sound
现在schwa的声音是懒散的声音
in English.
在英语中。
That's the schwa sound,
这是schwa的声音,
it's the laziest vowel sound in English.
这是英语中最懒惰的元音。
And these stress patterns are exactly
而这些压力模式正是如此
what is different about the
什么是不同的
pronunciation of these words, so in the
这些词的发音,所以在
first example, 'photograph', the first syllable is the stressed syllable.
第一个例子, 'photograph',第一个音节是重读音节。
You can hear it very clearly, 'photograph'.
你可以很清楚地听到它, 'photograph'。
The second syllable is
第二个音节是
unstressed and it is reduced down to the schwa sound.
没有重音,它减少了schwa声音。
'Photograph', 'photograph', it's very short,
'Photograph','Photograph',它很短,
it's very lazy, it's not very strong at all.
这是非常松散的,它不是很强。
Now if you look at the second
现在,如果你看第二个
example, 'photography', you can hear the
例如,'photography',你可以听到
pronunciation is different and that's
发音是不同的,就是这样
because the second syllable is the
因为第二个音节是
stressed syllable in this word.
强调这个词的音节。
'Photography'.
'Photography'。
'Photography'.
'摄影Photography'。
Compare it to the first syllable where the schwa
将它与schwa的第一个音节进行比较
sound is - it reduces down to the schwa sound
声音是 - 它减少到schwa的发音
sound is - it reduces down to the schwa sound
它可以归结为schwa的声音。
and you just hear 'photography'.
你只是听到 'photography'。
and you just hear 'photography'.
你只是听到 'photography'这个词。
'Photographer'.
“摄影师”。
The third example
第三个例子是
'photographic', the stress is on the third
'photographic',重音在第三
syllable, so you can hear how much
音节,所以你可以听到多少
influence stress has on this word family.
影响压力对这个词的家庭。
To correctly pronounce all of these
正确地发音所有这些
words correctly you need to pay
正确的话你需要支付
attention to the stressed syllable
注意强调的音节
and that's true for a whole range of
对于整个范围来说都是如此
different word families. 'Economic', 'analyze',
不同的词家庭。 '经济Economic','分析analyze',
'nature, 'politics', all of these words and
'自然nature','政治politics',所有这些词和
their word families are influenced by
他们的单词家族因为重音受到影响
stress in different ways.
以不同的方式。
Well that's my official list of the words that you are
那是我的正式名单,你
probably mispronouncing and I didn't
可能会误读,
just make that list up, I built that list
我不仅仅只是列出这个清单,我花多年时间建立了这个清单
over years and years of coaching English
在教母语是英语的学生
students to improve their English
提高英语发音水平
pronunciation. They're the words that
他们是这样一些单词
students consistently get wrong! Many
学生一直弄错!
different students, many different times,
许多不同的学生,在许多不同的场合,
they are the ones that are the most
他们是最难发的音
difficult for you to pronounce.
最难发的音。
I hope that you enjoyed this lesson, if you did
如果你喜欢,我希望你喜欢这节课
make sure you subscribe by clicking the red button here.
这里的红色按钮点击订阅。
I mentioned a video about silent letters earlier in this lesson,
我之前提到过一个关于不发声字母的视频
you can watch it here and you can
你可以在这里看,你可以
also watch my imitation lessons right here
也可以看我类似的课
and those lessons are fantastic for improving your English pronunciation expression
和那些课程对于提高你的英语发音和表达来说都很棒
by speaking with a native English speaker.
通过与英语母语者交谈表达。
Thanks for watching and I will see you in the next lesson.
感谢收看,我们下节课见。
Bye for now!
暂时再见!