Conversation A
对话A
Rob: I really enjoyed Alex's Chinese dinner party last night.
罗布:我很喜欢阿莱克斯昨晚的中式晚餐派对。
Linda: Me, too. I prefer Chinese-style dinner parties.
琳达:我也是。我比较喜欢中式晚餐派对。
Rob: But American dinner parties are pretty similar.
罗布:不过美国晚餐派对也很相似。
Linda: True. In both cultures, hosts serve a lot of food.
琳达:没错。在这两种文化里,主人都会提供很多食物。
Rob: You're right. I always feel full after a dinner party.
罗布:你说得对。晚餐派对之后,我总会觉得很饱。
Linda: But, in America, we usually sit at a rectangular table, not a round table.
琳达:但是在美国,我们通常坐在长方形的餐桌旁,而不是圆桌。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: That's true. But both cultures often put the food in the middle of the table.
罗布:确实是。但是这两种文化通常都会把食物放在桌子的正中间。
Linda: Yes, then guests can share it. But Chinese dinner parties often include a lot more dishes. Americans usually serve just a few main dishes.
琳达:是的,然后客人就可以享用了。但是中式晚餐派对经常会有很多菜肴。而美国的通常只有几道主菜。
Rob: Right. A Chinese dinner can have many meat and fish dishes at the same dinner party.
罗布:没错。在一场派对上,中式晚餐会有很多肉菜和鱼类菜肴。
Linda: Why?
琳达:为什么?
Rob: So every guest will be happy!
罗布:这样每个客人都会很开心!