When I'm out on a wakeboard, it feels free, like I am able to do what I want.
玩水上滑板的时候我会觉得很自由,觉得能够随心所欲。
I'm Sasha Christian, and I'm Singapore's number one wakeboarder.
我是萨莎·克里斯汀,是新加坡排名第一的水上滑板选手。
Sasha is Singapore's first Asian wakeboarding champion.
萨莎是新加坡的首位水上滑板亚洲冠军。
She started water sports at a young age, and at 5 years old, wakeboarding caught her eye.
她很小就开始接触水上运动了,5岁的时候,水上滑板吸引了她的注意。
I went for my first wakeboard competition when I was 11 years old.
我第一次参加水上滑板比赛是11岁的时候。
It was the Asian championships held in China, and I got third that year.
那次是在中国举行的亚锦赛,我得了第三名。
In 2009, it was a big year for me because I won the Asian championship,
2009年对我来说是非常重要的一年,因为就是在这一年,我拿到了亚锦赛的冠军,
so I was Asian champion for that year.
我就是那一年的亚冠。
I now 16 then.
那个时候我16岁。
Growing up as a female wakeboarder, most of the people I wakeboarded with were mostly guys, you know, my brother included.
作为一名女子水上滑板运动员,和我一起训练的大多都是男性,包括我哥哥。
But that was actually really good,
但也真的很有帮助,
because they pushed me really hard, you know, they didn't cut me any slack.
因为他们对我很严格,他们从来不会给我放水。
And so, because of that, it made me a better wakeboarder as well.
这也帮助了我成长为一名更好的水上滑板运动员。
The hardest thing about wakeboarding would be pushing yourself when you're afraid.
这项运动最艰难的地方在于害怕的时候你也要迎着头皮往前冲。
Pushing through that fear is one of the hardest things but also the most rewarding thing.
克服那种恐惧是最困难的事情之一,但也是最值得的付出。
Today Sasha trains Singapore's next generation of female wakeboarders.
现在,萨沙已经开始培养新加坡的下一代女子水上滑板运动员了。
She's eager to push others to succeed in the same ways she did.
她渴望帮助他人复制自己的成功经验。
One of my biggest goal for this year is to help to grow the wakeboard scene in Singapore
我今年最大的目标之一就是推动新加坡水上滑板这项运动的发展,
and to see the women keep pushing the standard on what we have here.
见证其他女性将我们的现有水平继续往前推进。
It's important not to set limits for ourselves.
重要的是不要给自己设限。
When there's something out there you want to do, or you want to achieve,
当你有想做的事情或想要实现的目标时,
don't let anything stand in your way.
不要让任何事情成为你的绊脚石。
There's a way to achieve that.
总有一条路能走通。
Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
别让别人告诉你不能。