手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

你距离控制自己的梦境只有一副手套的距离!(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Targeting one or more of these sleep stages could be like finding the secret entrance to your own subconscious.

研究这些睡眠阶段中的某一个或几个阶段就像找到通往你自己的潜意识的秘密入口一样。
The challenge is actually opening that door without waking you up.
而真正的挑战在于如何在不惊醒你的情况下打开那扇门。
So the dream team is on the hunt for signals or stimuli that can do just that.
为此,“梦之队”正在寻找能够发挥这一作用的信号或刺激。
And Judith has sniffed out a particularly useful tool: our sense of smell.
而朱迪丝发现了一个特别有用的工具——我们的嗅觉。
The sense of smell is directly connected to the two parts of the brain that are connected to the memory and emotional systems.
嗅觉与大脑中与记忆和情感系统相关的两个部分是直接相连的。
This is the BioEssence, or also Essence, device.
这个是“生物精华”装置,也可以叫“精华装置”。
So it's a wearable device that you can use as a brooch, or you can also use it as a clip.
总而言之,这是一个可穿戴设备,你可以把它用作胸针,也可以用作夹子。
We have a transformer, a Bluetooth and micro-controller.
里面有变压器,蓝牙还有微控制器。
We have these bottles that have a cotton filter inside, and then these discs here vibrate at high frequency.
这些瓶子里面有一个棉花过滤器,其次,这些圆盘会以很高的频率振动。
In this case, we have rose fragrance.
这样一来它就会散发出玫瑰味儿的香气。
During your sleep, this device could be programmed to release a scent
在你睡觉的时候,这个设备就可以通过设置释放出一种
familiar to you that you’ve already associated with a learned behavior,
你很熟悉,又已经与你习得的某种行为相关的气味,
such as smelling rose while you study a new language.
比如你在学习一门新语言的时候闻到的玫瑰香。
By nature, sleep is a state that helps us with memory consolidation.
从本质上讲,睡眠是能够帮助我们巩固记忆的一种状态。
You trigger certain stimuli, like it could be sound, or it could be smell.
(人在清醒的时候会)触发某种特定的刺激,这种刺激可能是声音,也可能是气味。
You trigger that same stimuli while you're asleep.
睡觉的时候也会触发同样的刺激。
And then what happens is that you've strenthened that memory.
接下来发生的事情就是,你的记忆得到了巩固。
The toys and tools dreamed up in the media lab are usually controlled by a simple smartphone app,
媒体实验室里的玩具和工具通常是由一个简单的智能手机应用程序控制的,
making it easier for people to get the results they want,
这样,人们会更容易得到他们想要的结果,
whether it’s facing your fears in a dream, breaking a bad habit, or just getting a better night’s rest.
无论是在梦中面对恐惧,改掉坏习惯,还是仅仅为了晚上睡个好觉。

3

Most of the research that has been done in the past, in terms of sleep, was done in research labs.

过去所做的大部分关于睡眠的研究,都是在实验室环境下进行的。
If you go to a sleep lab, they have the EEG that monitors brain activity.
如果你去睡眠实验室,你就会发现他们有监测大脑活动的脑电图。
They have heart rate monitors and so many different cables that sometimes it's also hard to fall asleep.
有心率监测器和各种各样的电缆,这些东西有时反倒会让人很难入睡。
So what we tried to do is to get that amazing research that has been developed over the years,
所以,我们想做的,就是借鉴已经有很长研究历史的这一非常了不起的研究的成果,
and try to bring it in a more wearable manner, with flexible materials, and also of course cheaper.
然后试着使用柔性材料,把它做成更方便穿戴,也更廉价的样子。
And for Judith and her team, paving the way for that mutual symbiosis with technology is what the future is all about.
对朱迪思和她的团队来说,为实现技术和人体的相互共生铺路搭桥是他们未来工作的全部内容。
To me, the line between art and science is really blurry.
对我来说,艺术和科学之间的界限真的很模糊。
And I'd really like to see that they are both merged.
我真的很想看到它们你中有我,我中有你的样子。
Technology should be more like a vitamin rather than a painkiller,
科技应该更像维生素而不是更像止痛药,
something that can enhance us, that can help us.
它应该是可以提升我们,帮助我们的东西。
Especially when we are talking about interfacing with the unconscious mind.
尤其是在与潜意识互动这个问题上。
In the past, that has been used a lot of negative outcomes for propaganda, for seeling your stuff, for politics.
过去,潜意识是经常被用于很多负面的东西的,比如宣传或者政治。
We believe it's really important for users to get full control.
我们认为,让用户掌握全部的控制权是很重要的。
How we can use that for positive outcomes,
怎么用它来转化积极的成果,
for really helping people to be a better version of themselves?
用它来真正帮助人们变成更好的自己?
This episode was presented by the u.s. Air force.
感谢美国空军对本期节目的大力支持。
Learn more at airforce.com.
更多信息请访问airforce.com。
For more episodes of science in the extremes, check out this one right here.
了解更多极限科学,请看本期视频。
Don't forget to subscribe, and come back to seeker for more episodes.
别忘了订阅,继续回来收看我们的节目噢。
Thanks for watching!
感谢大家的收看!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
fragrance ['freigrəns]

想一想再看

n. 香味

 
filter ['filtə]

想一想再看

n. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜
v. 过滤

联想记忆
emotional [i'məuʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 感情的,情绪的

 
clip [klip]

想一想再看

n. 夹子,钳,回形针,弹夹
n. 修剪,(羊

 
vibrate ['vaibreit]

想一想再看

vt. (使)振动,(使)摇摆
vi. 回响,

 
propaganda [.prɔpə'gændə,prɔpə'gændə]

想一想再看

n. 宣传,宣传的内容

 
unconscious [ʌn'kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 失去知觉的

联想记忆
scent [sent]

想一想再看

n. 气味,香味,痕迹
vt. 闻出,发觉,使

 
device [di'vais]

想一想再看

n. 装置,设计,策略,设备

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。