Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目
It's no surprise that cats like to sleep.
大家都知道猫喜欢睡觉
A nap is a short period of sleep.
小睡是指短时间的睡眠
There you are! The movie is about to start.
你在这儿啊 电影马上就开始了
I'm sorry... I got up 5 this morning to go swimming.
不好意思 我早上五点就起来去游泳了
And then I helped a friend move some furniture.
然后又帮朋友搬了些家具
Are you sure you aren't too tired for this movie?
你确定还有精力能看完这部电影吗?
No. No. No.... I took a cat nap. As long as the movie isn't boring, I'll be fine.
没事没事没事 我睡了一小会儿 只要电影不无聊就没问题
What are we seeing, anyway? "The Long, Dark Winter."
我们看什么来着?《漫长漆黑的冬夜》
It's a 3-hour foreign movie! I hope you like subtitles!
时长3小时 还是外语的 但愿你不抵触字幕
A cat nap is just a short amount of light sleep during the day.
cat nap指在白天短时间的睡眠
This expression became popular in the 1820s.
这个表达在19世纪20年代流行起来
The person who first used it probably lived with a lot of cats, and noticed just how much they sleep!
第一个使用它的人可能跟很多猫生活在一起 而且注意到了猫是有多爱睡觉!
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目