Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
This saying today is from the movie "The Spy Who Dumped Me".
今天的用语出自电影《我的间谍前男友》。
It is part action movie, part comedy and part buddy film about two friends.
这是一部关于两个朋友的动作、喜剧和友情电影。
At the beginning, one of them, Audrey, is depressed on her birthday.
在开始,其中一位名叫奥黛丽的女子在自己生日当天闷闷不乐。
By the end, the women are stopping an international terrorist group.
最终,这两位女子阻止了一个国际恐怖组织。
Listen for the phrase "own it".
留意听一下own it这个短语。
If we don't deliver this package, a lot of people are gonna die.
如果我们不寄这个包裹,很多人会死的。
Do you want to die having never been to Europe, or do you want to go to Europe and die having been to Europe?
你宁愿死也不去欧洲,还是你想去欧洲,然后死在欧洲?
Why are those my only two options?
为什么我只有这两个选择?
Is this really happening? Yeah, cause you dated a spy. Come here. Come here. Oh my god. Oh my god.
真的发生了吗?是啊,因为你和一个间谍约会过。过来。过来。哦,我的天啊。我的天啊。
An international terrorist group is planning a series of assassinations.
一个国际恐怖组织正在谋划一系列暗杀事件。
A lot of innocent people are gonna die unless we stop them.
如果我们不去组织他们,那么很多无辜的人就会死。
Will you trust us to help you? Light it up!
你相信我们会帮你吗?准备发射!
This is surreal and I honestly think I'm in shock.
这太离奇了,我真的觉得我很震惊。
Woman, you are incredible and I want you to own it.
姑娘,你很了不起,我要你确信这一点。
So what do you think "own it" means?
那么你认为own it是什么意思呢?
Is it: quickly go buy it or completely accept it?
是快去买还是完全接受?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
Woman, you are incredible and I want you to own it.
姑娘,你很了不起,我要你确信这一点。
"Own it" means completely accept it.
Own it的意思是完全接受。
Audrey has never been very sure of herself.
奥黛丽对自己从来都不是很自信。
But in a funny way, fighting criminals beside her best friend gives her confidence.
但有趣的是,在她最好的朋友身边打击罪犯给了她信心。
And that's English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。