Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is from the superhero action movie "Ant-Man and the Wasp".
我们今天的用语出自超级英雄动作电影《蚁人:黄蜂女现身》。
So... how long have you been Ant-Man again?
那么...你又开始做蚁人有多久了?
Not long. And it just sort of happened.
没多久。就那么发生了。
I seem to mess it up almost every time.
我几乎每次都搞砸了。
Maybe you just need someone watching your back.
或许你是需要有人照应你。
In this film, the dad, who is Ant-Man, has to learn to work with another superhero, but he is not as fierce as she is.
在这部电影当中,这位父亲,也就是蚁人,必须学会和另外一位超级英雄合作,但是蚁人不像她那么凶。
Listen for the phrase "teaming up".
留意听一下“teaming up”这个短语。
Ant-Man and the Wasp teaming up.
蚁人和黄蜂女组队来袭。
Follow my lead.
跟我上。
She seems... more intense.
她看起来...更刚烈。
So what do you think "teaming up" means?
那么你认为“teaming up”是什么意思呢?
Is it: working together or cleaning together?
是携手合作还是一起打扫卫生?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
Ant-Man and the Wasp teaming up.
蚁人和黄蜂女组队来袭。
Teaming up means working together.
Teaming up的意思是携手合作。
You usually team up with someone else to do something faster, better or more efficiently than you could have done it on your own.
你经常会和其他人合作,这样会比你自己一个人,更快、更好或更有效率地完成某事。
Here, Ant-Man and the Wasp combine their skills to, you guess it, save the world.
在这部电影中,蚁人和黄蜂女结合了他们的技能--如你猜测的那样--来拯救世界。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。