Taking that first bite into a freshly-carved piece of turkey, brings back so many happy memories.
咬一口刚切好的火鸡,能带给你许多幸福的回忆。
Memories of holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Sunday roasts. Times spent with family and loved ones.
你会想到圣诞节、感恩节和周日烤肉里与家人和爱的人一起度过的美好时光
Perfectly-carved turkey slices.
这是切好的火鸡
Succulent turkey meat covered in a rich and smooth gravy.
上面淋上浓郁嫩滑的肉汁。
I'm gonna show you how to make this happen with my Ultimate Turkey!
我将向你展示这道终极火鸡的做法,
I want a moist and juicy bird; with a beautiful, crispy skin.
准备一只湿润多汁、皮质脆亮的火鸡。
I like it spicy; so, I'm gonna start making a Chipotle and Garlic Butter Rub.
我喜欢吃辣的,所以我从辣椒酱和大蒜黄油酱开始。
Butter. Chipotle. Garlic, cumin, cinnamon, oregano.
材料有黄油、辣椒、大蒜、孜然、肉桂、牛至。
Blitzed in a processor.
在机器中搅拌。
And the tricky part to getting a crispy skin, is to separate it from the meat.
要想外酥里嫩,最难的部分是把皮和肉分开。
I'm going in there with a spoon, and just easing the skin off the meat.
把勺子塞进去分离出皮和肉,
Take your Butter Rub and ferry it into the cavity.
把牛油放在皮和肉的中间。
Now that I'm halfway along, I can massage that butter all over from the outside.
现在已经完成一半了,这时候可以在外面按摩黄油了。
I'm also gonna stuff half-cut clementines into the bottom of the turkey for fragrance and moisture.
把小柑橘切成两半,塞进火鸡的臀部,让橘子的香味渗透进鸡肉里面,补充一些水分。
And now, I'll fill the neck in with stuffing.
现在,我要开始填脖子部分了。
Here's the Pièce De Résistance:
关键的一步来了:
I'm gonna inject a beautiful sauce into the turkey, before throwing it into the oven.
我要往火鸡里注入酱汁,然后放进烤箱。
Oil, water, worcestershire sauce, salt. Onion powder, bay leaves. Garlic powder, ground thyme, ground sage.
酱汁用到的调料有:油、水、伍斯特沙司、盐、洋葱粉、月桂叶、大蒜粉、百里香、鼠尾草。
Finally, ground black pepper.
最后,是黑胡椒粉。
This will replenish the lost moisture within the muscle fibres, whilst also keeping the skin dry;
这将很好的补充肉质纤维中丢失的水分,同时保持皮质干爽,
allowing the skin to crisp, brown, and fill the kitchen with that joyous turkey aroma.
使之酥脆、颜色呈棕色,让香味弥漫整个厨房。
I've preheated my oven to the highest temperature; so, this dude is ready to go!
把烤箱预热到最高温度,所以,开始烤火鸡喽!
As soon as my turkey is in, I'm gonna lower the temperature to 180 °.
火鸡放进去之后把温度调低至180°。
Because I went for a slow-maturing, free-range turkey; my cooking times are half!
因为我选的这只火鸡发育比较晚,是自由放养,只需一半的时间!
So, I'll be cooking this turkey for 25 minutes a pound, and 20 minutes at the end.
所以,我要把这只火鸡先烤25分钟,最后再烤20分钟。
This is where it all goes down.
都在烤箱中完成。
So, the muscle fibres are doing their thing at 180 ° Celsius; breaking down for a soft, juicy turkey.
在180摄氏度的温度下,火鸡肉软嫩多汁。
This is where you get your crispy, brown and sweetened skin.
可以看到鸡肉外部呈棕色,香甜酥脆。
A chemical reaction between amino acids and sugars, breaking down into even smaller molecules, creating flavour and colour.
氨基酸和糖发生化学反应,分解成更小的分子,释放出味道,颜色加深。
Key factors in this happening are dryness and temperature.
这道菜关键在于干燥度和温度。
And, that's it: my turkey is done! Ultimate Turkey...
这道终极火鸡就制作完成了…
The smell of a turkey roasting on Christmas Day...
圣诞节烤火鸡的味道……
Oh, my gosh! This is so good. Soft, tender, succulent, juicy meat.
哦,天哪!太棒了,软嫩多汁。
Man, that skin! so.. crispy and savoury...
朋友们,鸡的外部咸脆爽口……
I guess, the only thing left for you guys to do, is try this at home;
一定要在家尝试着做一下哦,
and make sure you.. share your photos, #loveyourkitchen.
然后贴上#loveyourkitchen的标签分享给我们哦。
We'll see you guys next time. I'm going back in...
我们下次再见,我要接着享用美食了…