'He's barking mad,' said Seamus Finnigan angrily to Percy. 'Can't we get anyone else?'
“他真是疯了,”西莫斐尼甘生气地对珀西说,“我们就不能换个人吗?”
'None of the other pictures wanted the job,' said Percy.
“别的画都不愿意干这份差事,”珀西说,
'Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady.
“被胖夫人遇到的事吓坏了。
Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enough to volunteer.'
卡多根爵士是惟一挺身而出的。”
Sir Cadogan, however, was the least of Harry's worries.
然而,哈利担心的还不是卡多根爵士。
He was now being closely watched.
现在他受到严密监视。
Teachers found excuses to walk along corridors with him
教员们找到各种借口在走廊里和他一起走,
and Percy Weasley (acting, Harry suspected, on his mother's orders) was tailing him everywhere like an extremely pompous guard dog.
珀西韦斯莱(哈利猜想这是他妈妈的命令)到处跟着他,好像一条极其神气活现的守卫狗。
To cap it all, Professor McGonagall summoned Harry into her office, with such a sombre expression on her face Harry thought someone must have died.
最要命的是,麦格教授把哈利叫到她办公室里去,脸上的神情让哈利以为一定是谁死了。
'There's no point hiding it from you any longer, Potter,' she said, in a very serious voice.
“没有必要再瞒你了,波特,”她很严肃地说,
'I know this will come as a shock to you, but Sirius Black —'
“我知道这对于你来说会感到震惊,但是布莱克——”
'I know he's after me,' said Harry wearily. 'I heard Ron's dad telling his mum.
“我知道他在追我,”哈利疲倦地说道,“我听到罗恩的爸爸告诉过他的妈妈。
Mr Weasley works for the Ministry of Magic.'
韦斯莱先生在魔法部工作。”
Professor McGonagall seemed very taken aback.
麦格似乎非常吃惊。
She stared at Harry for a moment or two, then said, 'I see!
她瞪眼看着哈利,看了一会儿才说道:“我明白了!
Well, in that case, Potter, you'll understand why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be practising Quidditch in the evenings.
好吧,那么,波特,这你就理解我为什么认为你在傍晚练习魁地奇不是什么好主意了。
Out on the pitch with only your team members, it's very exposed, Potter —'
在球场上,周围只有你的队友,你是很暴露的,波特——”
'We've got our first match on Saturday!' said Harry, outraged. 'I've got to train, Professor!'
“星期六我们就要进行第一场比赛了!”哈利说,心中大怒。“我一定得训练,教授!”