Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you have ever heard American English before, you have probably heard this phrase:
如果你以前听过美式英语 你可能听过这个:
That's just "my two cents".
那只是“my two cents”
Does it make you wonder what pennies have to do with giving someone advice?
你有没有想过便士和给别人意见之间有什么关系?
Let's listen and find out.
我们来听听看
I love Nickelback. I think their music is really boring and everybody doesn't like them.
我喜欢五分钱乐队 我觉得他们的歌都无聊死了 没人喜欢他们
But that's just my two cents.
不过那只是我的拙见
My two cents is a different way of saying my opinion or my thoughts on the subject.
“My two cents”是描述我对某件事的意见或看法的不同方式
Two cents isn't a lot of money.
两分钱只是一丁点钱
So saying something is just my two cents worth, is saying that your opinion might not be worth that much to someone else.
说某件事只是我的拙见 是指你的意见对别人没有太多价值
In life, everyone will not always agree with you.
在生活中 总有人与你意见相左
So saying this lets people know that.
这么说可以让别人知道这一点
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目。