It's pretty cool to be able to be part of something so big.
能够参与这么重大的项目是一件非常酷的事情。
We are making the next generation of human space flight possible every day.
我们在研发新一代或将每天上天的载人飞船。
I'm Amanda Gertjejansen, and we're in New Orleans at Michoud Assembly Facility,
我是Amanda Gertjejansen,欢迎来到新奥尔良的米丘德装配厂,
and we're developing the technology to put a man on Mars.
我们正在研发的是一种能够送人上火星的技术。
We have a liftoff. Liftoff on Apollo 11.
我们升空了,阿波罗11号飞船升空了。
Boeing was a part of the Apollo days, we were part of shuttle, and now it's Space Launch System.
波音曾经是阿波罗时代的一部分,我们那个时代是航天飞机的时代,现在则是空间发射系统(简称“SLS”)的时代。
SLS is the world's biggest, most powerful human-rated rocket ever to be built.
SLS是有史以来世界上规模最大,最强的载人火箭项目。

Our current mission is to take astronauts deeper into space than ever before.
目前我们的任务是将宇航员送入此前从未涉足过的空间。
And this SLS vehicle is the platform that we will do that with.
这个项目研发的工具就是我们实现这一目标的平台。
I'm Chad Bryant. I'm the NASA Core Stage Manager for SLS.
我是Chad Bryant,美国宇航局SLS项目的核心级总监。
The Core Stage is the central piece of the rocket.
这个核心级是整个火箭最关键的部分。
It contains oxygen and hydrogen that mixes together to form a very explosive combustion,
内有氢气和氧气,混合之后会爆炸,
two million pounds of thrust, that gets it off the pad and deeper into space than ever before.
产生200万磅的冲力,从而将火箭从平台上推出去,送到之前未能到达的地方。
Going to Mars is not easy, and so it requires a lot of detail in the design of the rocket.
去火星并不是件容易的事,在设计火箭时需要注意很多很多细节。
It's all got to work together perfectly in order to execute the mission.
要完成任务,每个细节都必须完美配合。
We have human lives at stake.
因为我们是在拿人命做赌注。
All it takes is one part to fail, and we can lose the mission.
只要一个环节出错,任务就可能失败。
You can't do anything of this scale without tremendous amount of teamwork.
规模这么大的东西,没有大量的团队协作是不可能的。
Like, it's basically like this whole dance, and we're the dance conductor.
就好像一支集体舞,我们就是这支舞的指导。
You're excited to come to work everyday because you're part of developing the technology to put a man on Mars, which would be an ultimate new frontier.
你每天都会对工作充满热情,因为你是在帮着研发能够送人上火星的技术,那里将是我们最远的新边疆。