This episode was brought to you by Brilliant.org.
本期科学秀由Brilliant.org为您呈现。
As far as I know there hasn't been a study to confirm this,
据我所知目前还没有研究能够证实这一点,
but I'm pretty sure water damage is the leading cause of panic among smartphone users worldwide.
但我还是相当确信水渍是引起全球智能手机用户恐慌的主要原因。
One minute, you're having a great day, and the next,
前一分钟你还在享受时光,后一分钟
your phone is sitting at the bottom of the toilet and your world comes crashing down.
你的手机就掉进了马桶里,你的世界啊 坍塌了。
All those photos of your cute baby...
你手机里的所有萌宝照片啊...
So what do you do when you accidentally spill your grande latte all over your screen?
所以当你不小心将大杯拿铁泼到了手机屏幕上时,该怎么办呢?
Is there any way to rescue a drowned phone?
有没有拯救溺水手机的办法呢?
Sometimes. Maybe. If you act quickly.
有时候呀,也许啊。如果你快点的话。
The biggest problem is that most water contains ions that make it conductive,
最大的问题是大部分水都包含导电离子,
which means it can mess up where power is being routed in your phone and short-circuit essential components.
这就是说它会扰乱手机内的电路传送并导致手机必要部件的短路。
In a short circuit, there's a connection being made that allows a quicker, easier path for current to flow.
在短路中,会形成一种连接,为电流的流动提供快速、简易的道路。
That can fry some parts, since they aren't designed to handle that kind of jolt.
这样会损坏一些部件,因为这些部件无法应对这种事故。
And it can quickly drain your battery in a way that can cause long-term damage.
并且这样会迅速耗尽你的电池并导致长期损坏。
So if your phone is wet and it's still on, the first thing you should do is turn it off.
所以如果你的手机湿了,你应该做的第一件事就是关机。
That way, at least you're not actively sending a current through all that circuitry.
这样至少你没有主动通过电路传输电流。
And if the screen went black, resist the urge to turn it on to see if it's still working.
如果手机黑屏,一定要忍住开机查看手机是否能运行的冲动。
Once your phone is off, you'll want to use a cloth to dry as much of the water as you can.
一旦你的手机关机,你就想要用一块布吸干手机的水。
Letting the water dry naturally isn't a good plan,
等水自然干并不是个好主意,
because it can react with parts of the phone and cause corrosion,
因为这样会和手机其他部件起反应并导致腐蚀,
which wears away the components and can cause permanent short circuits and irreversible damage.
从而磨损手机部件并可能导致永久短路和不可逆性损坏。
Plus, the longer the phone is wet,
再加上,手机湿的时间越长,
the more time the water has to seep into it and get to the most sensitive electronics.
水渗透手机以及接触最敏感电子设备的时间就越久。
If your phone was truly soaked through,
如果你的手机真的已经湿透了,
odds are you've already got water in places you can't reach.
水透入手机最里边的几率就很大。
You'll need to make sure all of that water has dried, too, before you turn it back on.
你需要确保在你重新开机之前,手机里的水都已经干了。
That's why you might have heard people suggest putting your wet phone in a container of uncooked rice for a day or so.
因此你会经常听到有人建议把你的手机放入装大米的盒子里放上一天之类的。
The idea is that dry rice grains are a desiccant they attract and absorb water.
因为干米粒就是干燥剂,能吸水。
Leave a container of rice open in a humid environment for a while and you'll see what I mean.
把装米的容器放在潮湿环境中放一会,你们就会明白我的意思。
Just maybe don't eat it afterward.
只是放完之后就别吃了。
When you put your phone in a tightly sealed container with rice,
但你把手机和米放在一个紧紧密封的容器中,
you're hoping that the rice will pull the moisture from the trapped air,
希望米粒能够从滞留空气吸出水分,
allowing the water in your phone to evaporate more quickly and leaving you with a nice, dry phone.
让你手机中的水更快速蒸发,留下你漂亮的干燥手机。
Some people swear by this, and rice-drying is definitely better than blow-drying your phone.
有些人是相信的,用米吸干手机绝对比用吹风机吹干好。
The hot air might get rid of the water, but heat generally isn't very good for electronics.
热风能除去水,但高温并不利于电子产品。
Rice isn't the best desiccant around, though.
虽然米并不是最好的干燥剂。
It's just convenient because most people already have some in their house.
只是因为家家都有大米,所以更方便。
There are lots of other substances that are much better at wicking moisture,
还有其他物质能更好的吸干水分,
like the little silica packets that say "Do Not Eat" on them, or even cat litter.
比如写有“不可食用”的小二氧化硅包或是甚至是猫砂。
So if you are the kind of person who tends to give your phone a lot of unscheduled baths,
如果你是容易不小心就会给手机洗个澡的人,
you might want to hoard all those little silica packets and put them in an airtight container for a rainy day.
你可能想要将所有小二氧化硅包藏起来并在下雨天将它们放入一个密封容器中。
But even with the best desiccant,
但就算是最好的干燥剂,
there's no guarantee you'll be able to rescue your phone if the water has done its worst.
也无法保证能够拯救你那被水糟蹋透了的手机。
So if this does happen to you a lot, you might just want to invest in a waterproof phone or waterproof case.
如果你确实经常将手机掉入水中,你可能就只想投资一款防水手机或防水外壳。
Or, if you're interested in experimenting with things like desiccants and circuits, you can check out Brilliant.org.
或者如果你对干燥剂和电路实验感兴趣,你可以登录Brilliant.org
Brilliant.org supports SciShow,
科学秀由Brilliant.org赞助,
and we think you'll like their interactive quizzes and lessons in astronomy, physics, geometry and more.
我们觉得你会喜欢他们关于天文学、物理学、几何学等的交互型测试题和课程。
Actively solving problems is a great way to master the concepts you might learn about here on SciShow.
积极解决问题是掌握科学秀中各种知识的好方法。
Brilliant has a chapter on Oscillations in their Classical Mechanics course
Brilliant经典力学课程中有一个关于振动的篇章
which explains why fireflies' blinks synchronize when they're in a group!
其中解释了为什么当聚集一团时萤火虫会同时闪光!
There are helpful solutions and animations that walk you through the equations involved.
Brilliant还有各种有用的解决办法和动画带你了解相关方程式。
Brilliant teaches you how to think like a scientist, and there are tons of different topics to try.
Brilliant让你向科学家一样思考,上边还有各种不同话题等着你。
To check them out, go to Brilliant.org/SciShow and sign up for free.
登录Brilliant.org/SciShow观看并免费注册。
As a bonus, the first 200 people to subscribe through SciShow will get a 20% discount on their annual subscription.
作为奖励,头200名通过科学秀注册的用户将享有20%年费折扣。