He picked up Ron's letter and unfolded it.
他拿起罗恩的信,打开来看。
Dear Harry, Happy birthday! Look, I'm really sorry about that telephone call.
亲爱的哈利:生日快乐!打电话的事我真抱歉。
I hope the Muggles didn't give you a hard time.
我希望麻瓜们没有让你日子难过。
I asked Dad, and he reckons I shouldn't have shouted.
我问过我爸,他说我不应该那么瞎嚷嚷。
It's brilliant here in Egypt.
埃及真棒。
Bill's taken us round all the tombs and you wouldn't believe the curses those old Egyptian wizards put on them.
比尔带我们去了所有的金字塔,你真不知道古埃及的巫师对这些金字塔施过多少咒语。
Mum wouldn't let Ginny come in the last one.
妈妈不让比尔到最后一座金字塔里去。
There were all these mutant skeletons in there, of Muggles who'd broken in and grown extra heads and stuff.
那里有许多样子古怪的骨架,是强行进入金字塔的麻瓜们留下的。他们长出了多余的脑袋等等东西来。
I couldn't believe it when Dad won the Daily Prophet Draw. Seven hundred galleons!
我真不能相信我爸竟然得到了《预言家日报》的抽奖!有七百加隆呢!
Most of it's gone on this holiday, but they're going to buy me a new wand for next year.
这笔钱大部分都花在这次旅游上了,不过他们要给我买一根新魔杖,以便明年用。
Harry remembered only too well the occasion when Ron's old wand had snapped.
那次罗恩的旧魔杖突然折断了,哈利对这件事记得很清楚。
It had happened when the car the two of them had been flying to Hogwarts had crashed into a tree in the school grounds.
那次他们两人一起乘车到霍格沃茨去,车撞到了学校禁林的一棵树上,魔杖就此折断了。
We'll be back about a week before term starts and we'll be going up to London to get my wand and our new books.
我们大约在开学以前一星期回来,我们还要到伦敦去买我的魔杖和我们的新书,
Any chance of meeting you there?
会在伦敦遇到你吗?
Don't let the Muggles get you down!
别让麻瓜们扫你的兴!
Try and come to London, Ron.
争取到伦敦来吧。罗恩。
PS: Percy's Head Boy. He got the letter last week.
珀西当上男生学生会主席了。上周他得到通知的。又及。
Harry glanced back at the photograph.
哈利又看那张照片。
Percy, who was in his seventh and final year at Hogwarts, was looking particularly smug.
珀西七年级了,这是他在霍格沃茨的最后一年,他在照片上看起来特别自命不凡。
He had pinned his Head Boy badge to the fez perched jauntily on top of his neat hair, his horn-rimmed glasses flashing in the Egyptian sun.
整齐的头发上戴着一顶土耳其帽,他已经洋洋得意地把男生领袖的徽章别在这顶帽子上了,角质边的眼镜在埃及的阳光下闪闪发光。