手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

人工智能与人类大脑

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Humans and machines have been merging for thousands of years.

千百年以来 人类和机器逐渐地融合
Right now I'm wearing shoes, I have a microphone on my jacket,
比如现在 我穿着鞋 夹克上夹着麦克风
we all probably used our phones at least once today.
我们每个人大概每天都至少会用一次手机
And we communicate with the augmentation of all sorts of amplification
并且我们使用各种增强工具来加强交流
and even translation technologies: You can speak into a machine,
甚至使用翻译软件进行交流 你可以对着一个机器说一句话
and it'll translate the words you're saying in nearly real time.
然后它几乎会在你刚说完的同时将它翻译出来

bigthink1.jpg

So I think what might be different in the years to come is a matter of degree, not a matter of kind.

所以我想在未来的几年我们的生活中所发生的改变会更多得体现在程度上而非方式上。
One concept that I think is emerging is what I like to call the Brain Coprocessor,a device that intimately interacts with the brain.
目前有一个概念正在兴起我喜欢称它为“大脑协处理器”这是一个能和大脑密切互动的装置
It can upload information to the brain and download information from it.
我将信息上传到大脑 然后从大脑里下载信息
Imagine that you could have a technology that could replace lost memories
想象你拥有一项技术 这项技术能够唤回你失去的记忆,
or augment decision making or boost attention or cognition.
或者能够增强你的决策能力或者使你的注意力更加集中,增强你的认知能力。
To do that though we have to understand how the brain works at a very deep level.
为了实现它我们必须深度理解大脑的工作机制
Although over a third of a million patients have had brain implants or neural implants that stimulate the nervous system,
尽管到目前为止已经有超过三分之一的百万患者通过脑植入物或者神经植入物来刺激神经系统。
so far they've operated in an open-loop fashion.
但是它们只能以开环的方式在运作
That is, they drive activity in the brain, but not in a fully-responsive fashion.
那就是说 它们在大脑中运行 但并不是以完全响应的方式
What we want to do is to have bi-directional communication to the brain:
我们想做的是想跟大脑有一个双向的交流:
Can you read and write information continuously,and supply-
你能连续不断的读写信息 并且提供
maybe through coupling these interfaces to silicon computers-
这些可能通过与计算机相连接的接口来完成
exactly the information the brain needs?
大脑需要的精确信息吗
My hope is that over the next five to ten years we're going to get deep insights. Thanks to our technologies
我希望在未来5-10年里我们能在这方面有更深刻的见解感谢我们对
into how brain circuits compute, and that will drive the design of these interfaces
大脑循环工作方式的深入研究 这些研究将指导我们设计这些大脑接口
so that we can deliver information to the brain and record information from the brain
这样我们才能向大脑发送和接收信息
using the natural language of the brain-reading and writing information in a way
使用大脑的自然语言–同一时间增加读写信息
that augments, for example, the number of things you can hold in your mind at once.
比如说 你同时可以在脑里记住好几件事
Or the ability to recall things nearly perfectly, which is, you know, not an ability so different
和将以前的事情完美地回忆起来的能力,这就是说,这种能力就跟你
from looking something up on a search engine on your phone, right?
在手机上使用搜索引擎查找东西差不多 对吧
So I think what's going to happen is a continuation of this trend,
所以我认为在将来这种趋势肯定会继续延续
and I think a lot of people like to talk about artificial intelligence right now.
我想现在有很多人都在讨论人工智能。
Artificial intelligence as it stands is based on a lot of concepts that go back many decades
人工智能是基于很多几十年以前的概念
that build from some very simple observations about the brain.
这些概念通过对大脑一些十分简单的观察而建立起来的
What might A.I. do though, once we have incredibly deep insights into the nature of creativity
那么人工智能能起到什么作用呢 一旦我们对自然创造力和
and ethics (and other things that the human brain seems to be uniquely equipped for)
伦理道德(或者是除了这两项以外似乎只有人类大脑才能驾驭的能力)有了及其深刻的见解之后
I think once we start to couple artificial intelligence to the brain
我认为一旦我们开始把人工智能与人脑相结合
that can really augment these uniquely human capabilities,
就真的可以增强这些人类独特的能力
it leads to a new era of what you might call “hybrid intelligence”
它将会带领我们进入一个可以称之为“混合智能”的时代。
So it won't just be A.I. running away in some positive-feedback loop;
所以它不仅仅是运行着一些正反馈回路的A.I
It won't be humans upgrading themselves in the absence of coupling to the world;
它也不会像人脑那样 在与外界无实质连接的情况下自我更新
But I think it will yield a new kind of symbiosis.
但我认为它将会酝酿出一种新的共存模式
And I think that's probably the best possible path,
并且我觉得那可能是最可行的出路
and it's also already (if you look at how people operate in the world)
并且它也已经(如果你觉察到人类现在的生活模式的话)
what seems to be one of the most prevalent models.
似乎成为最流行的模式之一

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
artificial [.ɑ:ti'fiʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 人造的,虚伪的,武断的

联想记忆
trend [trend]

想一想再看

n. 趋势,倾向,方位
vi. 倾向,转向

联想记忆
compute [kəm'pju:t]

想一想再看

v. (用计算机或计数器)计算,估算,估计

联想记忆
ethics ['eθiks]

想一想再看

n. 道德规范

联想记忆
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆
communication [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信

 
operate ['ɔpəreit]

想一想再看

v. 操作,运转,经营,动手术

 
emerging [i'mə:dʒ]

想一想再看

vi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来

 
yield [ji:ld]

想一想再看

n. 生产量,投资收益
v. 生产,屈服,投降

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。