January 6
1月6日
Read it!
读读看!
Rob forgets to recycle his papers.
罗柏忘了回收他的纸张,
But Abby reminds him not to put them in the garbage.
可是雅碧提醒他不要把纸丢进垃圾桶。
She wants to protect the environment and decrease waste.
她想要保护环境,减少废弃物。
Then Abby asks Alex to help her.
然后,雅碧寻求亚力克斯帮忙,
Alex can make signs.
亚力克斯可以制作告示牌。
The signs can remind people to clean their bottles and cans.
那些告示能够提醒大家清洗他们的瓶子与罐子,
The signs are a good idea.
告示牌是个好主意。
Now the recycling bins are clean, and there is less trash, too.
现在,回收桶都很干净,垃圾也变少了。
Conversation A
会话A
Hi. Are you Abby? I'm Rob.
嗨,妳是雅碧吗? 我是罗柏。
It's nice to meet you, Rob.
罗柏,很高兴认识你,
Do you have a minute?
可以借用你一分钟吗?
Sure. What's up?
没问题,什么事?
You keep throwing your papers in the garbage.
你一直把纸张丢在垃圾桶里,
Can you put them in the recycling bin?
可以请你丢在回收桶里吗?
We should protect the environment.
我们应该要保护环境。
Oh, sorry. I forgot.
噢,抱歉,我忘了。
We should recycle to decrease waste.
我们应该回收资源以减少废弃物。
That's right.
没错。
I'll go recycle them now.
我现在就把这些纸拿去回收。
See you later, Abby.
雅碧,待会儿见。
Thanks, Rob.
罗柏,谢了。
Conversation B
会话B
Hi, Alex. Can you help me?
嗨,亚力克斯,你可以帮我吗?
Sure, Abby. What do you need help with?
没问题,雅碧, 妳有什么事情需要帮忙?
I need help with the new recycling program.
我的新资源回收计划需要帮忙。
OK. How can I help?
好,我可以帮什么忙?
Can you make some signs for the kitchen?
你可以为厨房制作一些告示牌吗?
Sure. What should they say?
没问题,告示上要写什么?
They should say, "Please clean your bottles and cans."
上面要写:"瓶罐请清洗干净。"
I can also make signs for the recycling bins.
我也可以为回收桶制作标示牌。
Good idea.
好主意。
Conversation C
会话C
Hi, you must be the new secretary.
嗨,妳一定是新来的秘书,
Susie told me about you.
苏希向我提过妳。
That's right. I'm Abby.
没错, 我是雅碧。
I'm Jim. Susie also told me you started a recycling program.
我是吉姆。 苏希还跟我说妳发起了一项资源回收计划。
That's right. Nobody here was recycling.
没错, 这里原本都没有人在做资源回收。
How's it going?
现在推行得怎么样?
I think it's going well.
我觉得进行得很不错。
We have recycling bins now. And we have less trash now, too.
我们现在有回收桶, 垃圾也减少了。
That's great. Our office is helping the environment.
真棒。 我们的办公室对环境有所帮助。
Good work, Abby!
雅碧,做得好!