So, did you see the flat?
房子看了吗?
Yeah, it’s great...really spacious, really light, good location near a tube station and not too expensive!
房子很大,很敞亮,挨着地铁,位置也不错,也不贵!
Sounds perfect. There’s got to be a catch...
听起来不错,会不会有什么问题。
Well, Fadi’s cousin is the owner...
法帝的表弟是房主。
That’s not a problem, is it?
这不会是问题吧?
No...no, I don’t think so...He seems ok...
我想不是,他看起来很好。
You don’t sound sure...
听起来不是很确定。
No, really, he’s ok. And I really need a new place!
没有,他很好,我非常需要住的地方!
So you think you’ll move in?
你想住进去?
Yeah, certainly. Already decided....I move in on Saturday!
是的,当然,已经决定了,我周六住进去!
Great!
太好了!
Hi there Johnny! Come and have a seat! How’s it going?
你好Johnny,过来坐,境况如何?
Great thanks...just waiting for Harry.
不错,谢谢。我在等哈利呢。
You two are hanging out together all the time at the moment...
你俩最近经常在一起哈。
We’re good mates, we get on really well...
我俩是好朋友,且相处的很融洽。
Isn’t Harry working for you as well now?
难道哈利现在也在为你工作吗?
No!!! He’s working with me, not for me...there’s a very big difference!
没有!他和我一起工作,不是为我工作,这里有很大的不同!
What’s that?
那又是什么呢?
Well, if he was working ‘for’ me, that means I’d be his boss!
呃,如果说他是在为我工作,那我就是他老板了。
But he’s working ‘with’ me, which means that we work for the same company, that’s all.
但是,他现在是和我一起工作,这个的意思是我俩现在在同一个公司工作。仅仅是这些而已。
I’m not sure I’d want to be in the same office as you and Harry! What do you do, talk about football all the time?
我不确定我是否想像你和哈利一样在同一个办公室工作,你们都干些什么?一直都在谈论足球?
No! We don’t even work in the same office!
不!我们甚至不在同一个办公室工作。
Sorry, only joking...I didn’t mean to be rude, but I think it’s a good idea to keep friends and work separate...
对不起,仅仅是开个玩笑,我并不是有意而为,我只是在想将友情和工作划清界限倒是一个不错的主意。
Mmm, I agree...
这个我同意。
You could be right,but we don’t actually work together closely.
你应该是对的,事实上我们合作并不密切。
It’s a big company you know, and Harry works on the IT side.
你知道这是个大公司,且哈里是在IT部门工作。
I’m at the front of the operation,searching out opportunities, winning contracts, clinching deals...
我的工作是负责开发市场,赢得合作机会,完成交易。
Alright for you then!
就按你说的好了。
I’ll be rich in three years...
三年后我就会有钱了。
That’s what you always say! There are more important things in life than money, you know!
你总是这么说!你知道,生活中有许多事情比赚钱更重要!
Magda, don’t worry...not all Chinese people are like that. We don’t only care about money!
马格达,不要担心,并不是所有的中国人都像他一样。我们不只关心钱。
Maybe, but all I mean is, well, I know where I’m going...
或许吧,但是我的意思是说,我知道我的目标在哪里。
Lucky you...I wish I did...I’m about to finish my degree and haven’t got anything lined up for the future yet...
你真幸运,我也希望我有目标。我马上就要完成学业了,还没有考虑自己的未来。
Oh dear...nothing at all?
亲爱的,一点都没有吗?
Well, I’ve got an interview with a small architect’s practice next week...
我下周会去一个小型建筑项目面试。
That’s great news! Well done!
好消息!干得好!
Yeah...but...I’m really worried about it! I’ve never done a job interview before. Can you give me some advice?
是的,但是我非常担心!我从来没有面过试。能给我一些建议吗?
Erm...I guess I could help...I’ve done one or two interviews...
我想我能帮忙。我面过1-2次试。
I’ll tell you all you need to know! Don’t worry. Just listen to me, take my advice and you’ll definitely get the job!
我会告诉你你想知道的!别担心。听我说,接受我的建议,你一定会得到这份工作!
Oh, er, well, great...
太好了。
But I can’t tell you now...got to go...
但是现在没法告诉你了,我要走了。
Where are you off to in such a hurry?
你这么着急去哪啊?
Got an appointment with the boys, haven’t I?
兄弟们有约会?
Fadi and Harry,we’re all playing football this evening. Bye!
法帝和哈里,我们晚上要踢足球。再见!
Bye!!
再见!
译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,不得转载。