Situation 17: Dinner
场景 17: 晚餐
(While Robert is finishing his homework, his mother makes dinner.
(罗勃特完成他的作业时,他的妈妈在做饭.
When his father comes home from work,
他爸爸下班后,
Robert, his father, mother,
罗勃特,他爸爸,妈妈,
and older brother Sam go into the kitchen to eat dinner.)
还有他哥哥瑟姆来到厨房吃饭.)
Dinner's ready. Come into the kitchen.
开饭了.到厨房来.
I'll be there soon.
我就来.
I just have to wash my hands.
我要洗一下手.
Sam, Robert, you two wash your hands too.
瑟姆,罗勃特,你们也洗一下.
Okay, dad.
好的,爸爸.
Yes, sir.
是,先生.
Robert, why are you being so polite?
罗勃特,你怎么这么有礼貌?
No, sir. I'm not being polite.
不是的,先生.我不是有礼貌.
I've just decided to be a good student. That's all.
我只是想做一个好学生.仅此而已.
I'm happy to hear that.
听到这个我很高兴.
Playing games is fun but getting good grades in school is important too.
玩游戏很有趣但是考出好成绩也很重要.
Dear, what's for dinner?
亲爱的,晚餐吃什么?
We have spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread.
我们有意大利式面条,肉圆子和咖喱面包.
Great. I love garlic bread.
太棒了.我喜欢咖喱面包.
Yeah, and I love meatballs.
我喜欢肉圆子.
And you know I like spagetti a lot.
你知道我很喜欢意大利面条.
You're the best, dear.
你是最好的,亲爱的.
You don't have to say that.
你不必那么说.
I just love my family and I enjoy making you happy.
我只是爱我的家,我希望你们开心.
I'm happy.
我很高兴.
And I'll be even happier if you give me some more meatballs.
如果你给我更多的肉圆子我会更高兴.
Say please.
说“请”.
Please give me some more.
请给我们多一些.
That's better.
好一些.
Dad, can I talk to you after dinner?
爸爸,晚餐后我能跟你谈谈吗?
Sure. But first let me have a cup of coffee, okay?
当然.但是先让我喝一杯咖啡,好吗?
Okay.
好.