There was of course nothing at all little about Crabbe and Goyle, but as the High Table was full of teachers,
他当然不会把克来伯和高尔放在眼里,因为这大厅里老师太多了。
neither of them could do more than crack their knuckles and scowl.
双方都只能冲着对方捏捏指关节和拧拧眉头而已。
I'd take you on anytime on my own,said Malfoy.
我随时乐意奉陪!马尔夫说。
Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only — no contact.
就今天晚上,怎么样?我们两人来一场巫师之间的决斗。只许用魔法杖,不准找帮手。
What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?
怎么样?我看你连什么是巫师之间的决斗都还不知道吧?
Of course he has, said Ron, wheeling around. I'm his second, who's yours?
他当然知道。罗恩说,我就是他的替补,你的替补呢?是谁?
Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.
马尔夫看了看克来伯和高尔,心里对两人作了一番估量。
Crabbe,he said. Midnight all right?
克来伯是我的替补。他说,那么就约定半夜吧。
We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked.
我们在纪念品展览室里见,那儿经常不上锁的。
When Malfoy had gone, Ron and Harry looked at each other.
马尔夫走了之后,罗恩和哈利你眼看我眼。
What is a wizard's duel? Said Harry.
什么是巫师之间的决斗?哈利问。
And what do you mean, you're my second?
还有,为什么你说你是我的替补?
Well, a second's there to take over if you die,said Ron casually, getting started at last on his cold pie.
哦,所谓替补,就是在你战死之后接替你继续战斗的人。罗恩漫不经心地说,拿起他那块凉了的薄饼,一口塞进嘴里。