Lesson 10 I never thought I'd ask anyone this again.
我从没想过我还会再对别人说这话
Oh,look.It's Carol and Jake.
哎,看。是卡罗和杰克。
Oh,no.I hope they don't sit near us.
啊,天哪!我希望他们别坐在我们旁边。
I picked this restaurant because I wanted to be alone.
我挑中这家餐馆,因为我希望我们能单独在一起。
Look,there's Susan and John.
看,苏珊和约翰。
Let's go say hello.
我们去和他们打个招呼吧。
No.They want to be alone.
算了。他们想单独在一起。
Can I help you?
我能为您做点儿什么?
Yes,a table for two.Right this way.
谢谢,来一张两人桌。这边走。
I can't believe this is our last meal together.
我真不敢相信这是我们一起吃的最后一顿饭。
You didn't want to see me again.
你不想再见到我了吗?
I changed my mind.
我改变主意了。
Would you like to order now?
您现在要点菜吗?
I have a few questions.Certainly.
我有点儿问题。请讲。
How is the steak prepared?
牛排是怎么做的?
It's broiled.
牛排是烧烤的。
I'd like the steak.
我要牛排。
Would you like a baked potato or French fries with that?
配菜您要烤土豆还是炸薯条?
A baked potato,please.
烤土豆,谢谢。
Would you like soup or salad?
要汤还是色拉?
Salad,please.
色拉,谢谢。
We have Italian dressing or blue cheese dressing.
我们有意大利调味酱和蓝奶酪调味酱。
I'd like Italian dressing.
我要意大利调味酱。
Of course,madam.And you,sir?
好的,夫人。先生呢?
I'd like the broiled chichen,a baked potato,and salad with blue cheese dressing.
我要烤鸡,烤土豆,蓝奶酪调味的沙拉。
Thank you.
谢谢。
This is a lovely place,John.
这地方很好,约翰。
And you are lovely,Susan.I never thought I'd ask anyone this again.
你也很可爱,苏珊。我从来没有想过我还会再对别人说这话。
Will you marry me?
嫁给我好吗?
Do you have fried chicken?
有炸鸡吗?
Yes.
有。
I'd like the fried chicken.
我要炸鸡。
Would you like soup or salad with that?
您要汤还是色拉?
I'd like soup.
我要汤。
We have vegetable soup or tomato soup.
我们有蔬菜汤和马铃薯汤。
I'd like the vegetable soup.
我要蔬菜汤。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Carol,I want to talk about us.
卡罗,我想谈谈我们的事。
Us?You mean you and me?
我们?你是指你和我?
Caro,I care for you a lot.I didn't realize it until last week.
卡罗,我很喜欢你。直到上星期我才意识到。
But now I -I know you're the woman for me.
现在我... 我知道你就是适合我的人。
Jake,life is so funny.For weeks,even months,I tried to get you to notice me.
杰克,生活就是这么有意思。几周来,甚至几个月来,我想使你注意到我,
But you never did.Now it's too late.I'm sorry....
但是你从来没有注意过。现在太晚了。对不起
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么。
Is something the matter,sir?
有什么事吗,先生?
I ordered the broiled chicken.This is fried chicken.
我点的是烤鸡肉,可这都是炸鸡。
Would you like me to take it back?
要我拿回去换一下吗?
No.Could I have the check,please?
算了。请把帐单给我。
Very well.
好的。
Don't be so upset,John.Why can't we continue with things the way they are?
别难过,约翰。我们为什么不能维持现状呢?
You don't want to move to Denver with me.
你不想和我搬到丹佛去吗?
What about my career,my life?I can't just be Mre.John P.Banks.
可我的事业怎么办,还有我的生活。我不能只是约翰.P . 班克斯夫人.
What's wrong with that?
那又能怎么样呢?
Oh,John.I love you,but I don't think I can marry you.
噢,约翰,我爱你,但我想我不能嫁给你.
Dessert?
您要什么甜点?
I'm not hungry.
我饱了.
What do you have for dessert?
你们有什么甜点?
We have apple pie or chocolate cake.
我们有苹果派和巧克力蛋糕.
Could I have a cup of coffee?
我来杯咖啡.
Tea for me,please.And I'd like the chocolate cake.
请给我来杯茶.还有巧克力蛋糕.
Yes,of course.
好的.
Why?Why is it too late?
为什么?为什么太晚了?
Oh waiter.Could I have a spoon?
喂,服务员,给我拿把汤匙.
I have a new job and I'm going away for a while.
我有了新工作,要离开一阵儿.
Linda saw my tape and got me a job as a newscaster.
琳达看过了我的带子,为我找了个新闻播音员的工作.
Where's the job?
工作在哪儿?
In Vermont.
在佛蒙特.
Carol,congratulations.Did you hear Carol's good news?
恭喜你,卡罗.人听说卡罗的好消息了吗?
She told me.
她告诉我了.
When are you going to leave?
你什么时候走?
Next month.
下个月.
I guess that leaves just you and me,Jake.
我想就剩下你和我了,杰克.
I guess so.Check,please.
我想是的.请结帐.
n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起