Situation 4: Back at Home
场景 4: 回到家中
(Mr.and Mrs. Lee are still back at home.
(李先生和 李太太.仍在家中.
They are talking about the idea of speaking only English.
他们在讨论说英语的主意.
I am not sure that speaking only English is a good idea.
我不太肯定只说英语是一个好主意.
Why not?
为什么不?
Well, I'm worried that Michael will forget Korean.
恩,我担心迈克尔会忘记韩语.
That is impossible.
那是不可能的.
No, it's not.
不,不是.
Of course it is.
当然是.
Even if we speak English to Michael,
就算我们跟迈克尔讲英语,
he will watch Korean television,
他还是会看韩语新闻,
listen to Korean songs,
听韩语歌,
and go to Korean school.
还有上韩国学校.
How can he forget?
他怎么会忘记呢?
You're right.
你是对的.
I don't have to worry.
我不需要担心.
But why are we speaking English to each other?
但是我们为什么要互相说英语呢
Because if we don't speak English,
因为如果我们不说英语,
then Michael won't either.
那么迈克尔也不会了.
But my English is not very good
但是我的英语并不是很好.
Yes it is.
是的.
And it will get better if you speak it more.
如果你说多了你就会说的更好.
That is true.
那倒是.
And, even though it will be difficult,
就算很难,
I will do it for my son.
我也会为我的儿子做的.
Thank you.
谢谢.
I knew you would understand.
我早就知道你会明白的.
That is what parents are for.
那就是父母的用处所在.
It is our job to help him.
帮助他是我们的工作.
Yes.
是的.
(Mrs. Lee looks at the clock.)
(李太太看了看表.)
What time do you have to go to work?
你什么时候上班?
By nine o'clock. Why?
9:00. 怎么了?
Well, it's already eight-fifteen.
已经8:15了.
Oh. I should go.
哦,我该走了.
Good-bye. See you tonight.
再见.晚上见.
Good-bye
再见.
I'll be home by seven.
我7:00回家.