欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》
Martin: Did you see that? It’s the new McQ. It does 0 to 60 in four seconds. It has amazing performance.
马丁:你看到了吗?这是新款McQ车。它可以在4秒内从0跑到60公里。性能实在是太惊人了。
Asta: That car? I guess it’s nice. I like the color.
阿斯塔:那辆车吗?我觉得不错。我喜欢车的颜色。
Martin: Color?! Who cares about the color? The McQ is supposed to top out at 155, but it’s been clocked at 160. Can you imagine?
马丁:颜色?!谁关心颜色呀?McQ的时速本来应该为155,但它的时速已经达到160。不可思议吧?
Asta: No, I can’t.

Martin: It has more horsepower than any car on the market and amazing torque. You wouldn’t believe the RPMs.
马丁:它的马力比市面上任何一辆车都大,而且扭矩也很大。转速表(RPMs)简直让人难以置信。
Asta: So it can go fast?
阿斯塔:所以,这辆车速很快?
Martin: Yeah, it can go fast. It’s supposed to be really responsive, too, and the reviews say that the acceleration is really smooth. I bet that’s because of the tuning.
马丁:当然,它的车速很快。据说,反应也很灵敏,而且评论里说加速时顺畅、平滑。我敢打赌,这是因为调试。
Asta: I like cars with more trunk space.
阿斯塔:我喜欢空间更大的汽车。
Martin: You don’t drive a car like the McQ for its storage capacity. You drive it for speed.
马丁:喜欢McQ的人哪是为了存储空间,他们为了追求极致的车速。
Asta: My cousin doesn't like it that much. He says it doesn’t have enough legroom.
阿斯塔:我的表哥不太喜欢这辆车。他说伸腿的空间太小。
Martin: What?! Your cousin owns a McQ?
马丁:什么?你表哥有一辆McQ?
Asta: Yes, but he only drives it when his Ediger is in the shop.
阿斯塔:是的,但是只有那辆Ediger送去保养时他才会开。
Martin: How is it possible that I’ve known you for years and this is the first time you’ve mentioned this cousin to me? You know that I’m the biggest car enthusiast in the world, don’t you?
马丁:咱俩认识这么多年了,你居然第一次跟我提起这个表哥?你知道的,我是世界上最大的汽车爱好者,对吧?
Asta: My cousin isn’t in town very often. He’s usually traveling to races.
阿斯塔:我的表哥很少在城里。他经常去参加各种竞赛。
Martin: Your cousin is a racecar driver?
马丁:你的表哥是一位赛车手吧?
Asta: Yes, didn’t I mention that either?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载