手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福听力 > 托福听力真题听写 > 正文

托福TPO-40 Conversation 1

编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Listen to a conversation between a student and a business professor.
  • 听一段学生和商务课教授之间的对话。
  • Thanks for seeing me, Professor Jackson.
  • Jackson教授,谢谢你愿意见我。
  • Sure, Tom. What can I do for you?
  • 别客气,Tom。我能帮你做什么吗?
  • I'm gonna do my term project on service design.
  • 我要做关于服务设计的学期课题。
  • Oh, what you see as a customer, the physical layout of the building, the parking lot.
  • 也就是从顾客的角度看待问题,比如大楼的实体布局、停车场。
  • And I thought I'd focus on various kinds of eateries: restaurants, coffee shops, cafeterias.
  • 我想以各种不同的饮食店为重点,比如餐馆、咖啡店、自助餐厅。
  • So I'd also analyze where you order your food, where you eat, and so on.
  • 所以我也会分析点餐的地方、用餐的地方等等。
  • Wait. I thought you were gonna come up with a hypothetical business plan for an amusement park.
  • 等一下。我还以为你要给游乐园提出一个虚拟的商业计划呢。
  • Isn't that what you e-mailed me last week?
  • 你上个星期给我发的邮件不是这么写的吗?
  • I could've sworn...Oh, I'm thinking of a Tom from another class. Tom Benson. Sorry. Sorry.
  • 我可以发誓……啊,我想到的另一个班的Tom,Tom Benson,不好意思,不好意思。
  • No problem. I did e-mail you my idea too, though.
  • 没关系。不过我确实也把我的想法写在邮件里发给你了。
  • That's right. I remember now. Restaurants, yeah.
  • 没错,我现在想起来了,餐馆,是的。
  • So here's my question, I read something about service standard that kind of confused me.
  • 我的问题是这样的:我读到了一些关于服务标准的内容,这让我有点困惑。
  • What's the difference between service design and service standard?
  • 服务设计和服务标准的区别是什么?
  • Service standard refers to what a company... employees are ideally supposed to do
  • 服务标准指的是为了让一切都能顺利运行,一个公司……员工理想中应该做的事情,
  • in order for everything to operate smoothly, the protocols to be followed.
  • 也就是要遵循的规程。
  • Oh, okay.
  • 哦,这样啊。
  • So backing up, service design is... uh, think of the cafeteria here on campus.
  • 那么再回过来,服务设计是……嗯,你可以想想学校这里的自助餐厅。
  • There are several food counters, right?
  • 那里有好几个食品柜台,对吗?
  • All with big, clear signs to help you find what you're looking for: soups, salads, desserts.
  • 所有的柜台上都有很大很清晰的标志帮助你找到你在找的东西:汤、沙拉、甜点。
  • So you know exactly where to go to get what you need. And when you finish picking up your food, where do you go?
  • 所以你明确知道应该去哪里找到你需要的东西。当你拿完了食物,你要去哪儿呢?
  • To the cash registers.
  • 去收银台。
  • And where are they?
  • 那又在哪里呢?
  • Right before you get to the seating area.
  • 在到达座位区之前就能看到。
  • Exactly. A place that you would logically move to next.
  • 没错,在你逻辑上会去的下一个地方。
  • You know, not every place is like that, this past weekend was my friend's birthday,
  • 但是你知道吗?不是所有地方都是这样的,上周末是我朋友的生日,
  • and I went to a bakery in town to pick up a cake for her party.
  • 我去了城里一家面包店取她生日派对上要用的蛋糕。
  • And the layout of the place was weird, people were all in each other's way,
  • 那个地方的布局太奇怪了,每个人都挡着了别的路,
  • standing in the wrong lines to pay, to place orders.
  • 站错了队伍付款和下单。
  • Oh, and another thing, I heard this bakery makes really good apple pie, so I wanted to buy a slice of it too.
  • 还有一件事,我听说这家面包店做的苹果派很不错,所以我也想买一块。
  • OK?
  • 然后呢?
  • There was a little label that said apple pie where it's supposed to be but there wasn't any left.
  • 在本该摆放苹果派的地方有一个小标签写着苹果派,但是那里什么也没有了。
  • That's what's called a service gap, maybe there wasn't enough training for the employees
  • 而这就被称为服务缺口,也许那里的员工没有受到足够的培训,
  • or maybe they just ran out pie that day.
  • 或者也许那一天就是卖完了派。
  • But something is wrong with the process, and the service standard wasn't being met.
  • 但是这个程序有问题,而且没有达到服务标准。
  • OK.I think I get it. Anyway, since part of the requirements for the term project is to visit an actual place of business.
  • 好的,我想我懂了。反正既然学期课题的部分要求是要参观一个真正的商业场所。
  • Do you think I could use our cafeteria? They seem to have a lot of the things I'm looking for.
  • 你觉得我能不能用我们学校的餐厅?他们那儿似乎有很多我在找的东西。
  • Well, campus businesses like the cafeteria or bookstore don't quite follow the kinds of service models we're studying in class.
  • 像自助餐厅或书店这样的校园商业,不太符合我们在课上学的那种服务模式。
  • You should go to some other local establishment I'd say.
  • 要我说你应该去一些其他的当地商店。
  • I see.
  • 我知道了。
  • But just call the manager ahead of time so they aren't surprised.
  • 不过要提前给经理打电话,以免他们不知道怎么回事。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a business professor.

听一段学生和商务课教授之间的对话。

Student: Thanks for seeing me, Professor Jackson.

学生:Jackson教授,谢谢你愿意见我。

Professor: Sure, Tom. What can I do for you?

教授:别客气,Tom。我能帮你做什么吗?

Student: I'm gonna do my term project on service design.

学生:我要做关于服务设计的学期课题。

Oh, what you see as a customer, the physical layout of the building, the parking lot.

也就是从顾客的角度看待问题,比如大楼的实体布局、停车场。

And I thought I'd focus on various kinds of eateries: restaurants, coffee shops, cafeterias.

我想以各种不同的饮食店为重点,比如餐馆、咖啡店、自助餐厅。

So I'd also analyze where you order your food, where you eat, and so on.

所以我也会分析点餐的地方、用餐的地方等等。

自助餐厅.jpg

Professor: Wait. I thought you were gonna come up with a hypothetical business plan for an amusement park.

教授:等一下。我还以为你要给游乐园提出一个虚拟的商业计划呢。

Isn't that what you e-mailed me last week?

你上个星期给我发的邮件不是这么写的吗?

I could've sworn...Oh, I'm thinking of a Tom from another class. Tom Benson. Sorry. Sorry.

我可以发誓……啊,我想到的另一个班的TomTom Benson,不好意思,不好意思。

Student: No problem. I did e-mail you my idea too, though.

学生:没关系。不过我确实也把我的想法写在邮件里发给你了。

Professor: That's right. I remember now. Restaurants, yeah.

教授:没错,我现在想起来了,餐馆,是的。

Student: So here's my question, I read something about service standard that kind of confused me.

学生:我的问题是这样的:我读到了一些关于服务标准的内容,这让我有点困惑。

What's the difference between service design and service standard?

服务设计和服务标准的区别是什么?

Professor: Service standard refers to what a company...employees are ideally supposed to do in order for everything to operate smoothly, the protocols to be followed.

教授:服务标准指的是为了让一切都能顺利运行,一个公司……员工理想中应该做的事情,也就是要遵循的规程。

Student: Oh, okay.

学生:哦,这样啊。

Professor: So backing up, service design is... uh, think of the cafeteria here on campus.

教授:那么再回过来,服务设计是……嗯,你可以想想学校这里的自助餐厅。

There are several food counters, right?

那里有好几个食品柜台,对吗?

All with big, clear signs to help you find what you're looking for: soups, salads, desserts.

所有的柜台上都有很大很清晰的标志帮助你找到你在找的东西:汤、沙拉、甜点。

So you know exactly where to go to get what you need.

所以你明确知道应该去哪里找到你需要的东西。

And when you finish picking up your food, where do you go?

当你拿完了食物,你要去哪儿呢?

Student: To the cash registers.

学生:去收银台。

Professor: And where are they?

教授:那又在哪里呢?

Student: Right before you get to the seating area.

学生:在到达座位区之前就能看到。

Professor: Exactly. A place that you would logically move to next.

教授:没错,在你逻辑上会去的下一个地方。

Student: You know, not every place is like that, this past weekend was my friend's birthday, and I went to a bakery in town to pick up a cake for her party.

学生:但是你知道吗?不是所有地方都是这样的,上周末是我朋友的生日,我去了城里一家面包店取她生日派对上要用的蛋糕。

And the layout of the place was weird, people were all in each other's way, standing in the wrong lines to pay, to place orders.

那个地方的布局太奇怪了,每个人都挡着了别的路,站错了队伍付款和下单。

Oh, and another thing, I heard this bakery makes really good apple pie, so I wanted to buy a slice of it too.

还有一件事,我听说这家面包店做的苹果派很不错,所以我也想买一块。

Professor: OK?

教授:然后呢?

Student: There was a little label that said apple pie where it's supposed to be but there wasn't any left.

学生:在本该摆放苹果派的地方有一个小标签写着苹果派,但是那里什么也没有了。

Professor: That's what's called a service gap, maybe there wasn't enough training for the employees or maybe they just ran out pie that day.

教授:而这就被称为服务缺口,也许那里的员工没有受到足够的培训,或者也许那一天就是卖完了派。

But something is wrong with the process, and the service standard wasn't being met.

但是这个程序有问题,而且没有达到服务标准。

Student: OK.I think I get it. Anyway, since part of the requirements for the term project is to visit an actual place of business.

学生:好的,我想我懂了。反正既然学期课题的部分要求是要参观一个真正的商业场所。

Do you think I could use our cafeteria? They seem to have a lot of the things I'm looking for.

你觉得我能不能用我们学校的餐厅?他们那儿似乎有很多我在找的东西。

Professor: Well, campus businesses like the cafeteria or bookstore don't quite follow the kinds of service models we're studying in class.

教授:像自助餐厅或书店这样的校园商业,不太符合我们在课上学的那种服务模式。

You should go to some other local establishment I'd say.

要我说你应该去一些其他的当地商店。

Student: I see.

学生:我知道了。

Professor: But just call the manager ahead of time so they aren't surprised.

教授:不过要提前给经理打电话,以免他们不知道怎么回事。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威

联想记忆
slice [slais]

想一想再看

n. 薄片,切片
vt. 切成薄片,削

 
smoothly [smu:ðli]

想一想再看

adv. 平滑地,流畅地

 
hypothetical ['haipəu'θetikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 假设的,假定的,爱猜想的

 
logically ['lɔdʒikli]

想一想再看

adv. 符合逻辑地,逻辑上地

 
narrator [næ'reitə]

想一想再看

n. 叙述者,讲解员

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
amusement [ə'mju:zmənt]

想一想再看

n. 娱乐,消遣

 
operate ['ɔpəreit]

想一想再看

v. 操作,运转,经营,动手术

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 托福TPO-34 Lecture 4(上) 2016-07-13
  • 托福TPO-34 Lecture 4(下) 2016-07-14
  • 托福TPO-40 Conversation 2 2016-07-21
  • 托福TPO-40 Lecture 1(上) 2016-07-22
  • 托福TPO-40 Lecture 1(下) 2016-07-25
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。