Martin: Why do you look so upset?
马丁:为什么你看起来如此沮丧?
Joselyn: Our neighbor’s house was broken into last night. The burglar stole her laptop and some jewelry. Like us, she doesn’t have a security system.
约瑟琳:昨晚我们邻居家被盗了。窃贼偷走了笔记本电脑和一些首饰。跟我们一样,她也没有安装安保系统。
Martin: Burglar alarms aren’t foolproof. Well, I’m not letting any burglars get close to our house. Let’s go.
马丁:防盗报警器也不能确保万无一失。好了,我不会让任何小偷靠近咱们家的。咱们走吧。
Joselyn: Where are we going?
约瑟琳:去哪里?
马丁:家居装饰店。我们需要增加家里的防护措施。我打算在屋外安装探测器,探照灯还有摄像头。
Joselyn: I suppose that’s a good idea.
约瑟琳:这是个好主意。
Martin: I also want to put a timer on our indoor lights and a better deadbolt for the front door.
马丁:我还想给室内的灯安装一个计时器,在大门加一道更加结实的门闩。
Joselyn: Those will probably help.
约瑟琳:这些应该会有帮助。
Martin: We can find out the cost of metal bars for the windows and a security door.
马丁:再装上防盗窗和防盗门那就更加保险了。
Joselyn: Whoa, I think that might be a bit much.
约瑟琳:咳,我觉得有些多余了。
Martin: Nonsense. If we’re going to do something, we’re going to do it right. Barbed wire on top of our fence would probably be next…
马丁:胡说!既然要做一件事,那就要做好。下一步给咱们家篱笆围上铁丝。
Joselyn: That’s not a good idea…
约瑟琳:这做法不太可行吧。
Martin: And last but not least, we’ll need an attack dog.
马丁:这还不够,我们还需要一只警犬。
Joselyn: An attack dog?! This is sounding more like a military compound than a home.
约瑟琳:还要一只警犬?怎么听起来不像家倒像个警局。
Martin: That’s right. When I’m done, Fort Knox will have nothing on us !
马丁:没错。等我的杰作完工,就连诺克斯堡也拿我没法儿!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载