手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > 留学生在中国 > 正文

留学生在中国 第41期:恋爱与婚姻 Love and Marriage

编辑:Jasmine   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Chapter 45 Love and Marriage
  • 第45章 恋爱与婚姻
  • So please tell me what you think about love and marriage in China?
  • 你怎么看待中国人的爱情和婚姻?
  • I think love and marriage is very traditional in China.
  • 我觉得中国人在爱情和婚姻方面十分传统。
  • People who have known each other some time, get married, whereas in other countries, they can live together without marrying.
  • 人们彼此了解一段时间以后才会结婚。而在一些国家,人们不结婚也可以住在一起。
  • Yeah, in the United States, the concept of love and marriage has adopted modern ideas.
  • 对。美国人对爱情和婚姻的理解源自现代观念;
  • I think in traditional China people don't have a choice of who they would marry sometimes.
  • 我觉得在中国古代,人们没有选择婚姻的自由。
  • Because in those times, it's difficut for young men and women to communicate with eachothers.
  • 因为那时候,青年男女很少有机会交流。
  • Very difficult to know each other? Why?
  • 很难相互了解?为什么?
  • Because there were some rules,
  • 因为有规定。
  • for example, boys and girls couldn't be alone in the same place and they needed chaperons if they went out on a date.
  • 男孩和女孩是不能单独约会的。如果有约会的话,都会由侍女陪同。
  • Girls had to stay at home and learn how to be good wives, while their parents arranged their marriages.
  • 女孩子应该规规矩矩呆在家里并学会怎样做一个好妻子,而她的婚姻是由父母包办的。
  • Arranged marriages?
  • 包办婚姻?
  • Yeah.
  • 是的。
  • But now people have more choice in who they get married to.
  • 但现在人们有婚姻自由了。
  • Yeah, but I have a feeling that it's really hard to find a good spouse..
  • 确实是这样的。但我觉得要找一个称心如意的对象是很难的。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 45 Love and Marriage

第45章 恋爱与婚姻

David: So please tell me what you think about love and marriage in China?

你怎么看待中国人的爱情和婚姻?

You: I think love and marriage is very traditional in China. People who have known each other some time, get married, whereas in other countries, they can live together without marrying.

我觉得中国人在爱情和婚姻方面十分传统。人们彼此了解一段时间以后才会结婚。而在一些国家,人们不结婚也可以住在一起。

David: Yeah, in the United States, the concept of love and marriage has adopted modern ideas. I think in traditional China people don't have a choice of who they would marry sometimes.

对。美国人对爱情和婚姻的理解源自现代观念;我觉得在中国古代,人们没有选择婚姻的自由。

You: Because in those times, it's difficut for young men and women to communicate with eachothers.

因为那时候,青年男女很少有机会交流。

David: Very difficult to know each other? Why?

很难相互了解?为什么?

You: Because there were some rules, for example, boys and girls couldn't be alone in the same place and they needed chaperons if they went out on a date. Girls had to stay at home and learn how to be good wives, while their parents arranged their marriages.

因为有规定。男孩和女孩是不能单独约会的。如果有约会的话,都会由侍女陪同。女孩子应该规规矩矩呆在家里并学会怎样做一个好妻子,而她的婚姻是由父母包办的。

David: Arranged marriages

包办婚姻?

You: Yeah.

是的。

David: But now people have more choice in who they get married to.

但现在人们有婚姻自由了。

You: Yeah, but I have a feeling that it's really hard to find a good spouse..

确实是这样的。但我觉得要找一个称心如意的对象是很难的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 
concept ['kɔnsept]

想一想再看

n. 概念,观念

 
communicate [kə'mju:nikeit]

想一想再看

v. 交流,传达,沟通

联想记忆
spouse [spauz]

想一想再看

n. 配偶

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。