手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第21期:horse face 从本人那里听说的

编辑:cherry   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello, I'm Finn and we're presenting today's The English We Speak on horseback. I'm joined by…
  • 大家好,我是芬。今天我们所说的英语将要在马背上为大家呈现。和我一起的是...
  • Sorry about that_ by Feifei…
  • 不好意思,菲菲...
  • Hello. Yes, we're taking a horse-riding holiday in the beautiful mountains of Wales.
  • 大家好。是的,我们正在威尔士的美丽山坡上享受骑马的假日。
  • Isn't it glorious? Beautiful. A million miles away from London.
  • 这难道不美妙吗?太美了。远离伦敦百米。
  • Eh, talking about London – you know our friend Mark, did you hear his news?
  • 额,说起伦敦,你知道我们的朋友马克,你听说他的新闻了吗?
  • No, what happened?
  • 没有,发生了什么?
  • Great news for him. He sold his ice-cream delivery company.
  • 对他来说是好消息。他卖了他的冰激凌外卖公司。
  • Wow!And he made 500,000 pound.
  • 哇!而且他赚了50万英镑。
  • Really? That's great news. Where did you hear that?
  • 真的吗?这真是极好的新闻,你从哪听说的?
  • Straight from the horse's mouth.
  • 直接从他嘴里。
  • Eh – from our horse? Our horse told you about Mark?
  • 额,从马的嘴里?我们的马告诉你马克的事?
  • No, straight from the horse's mouth means...I know what it means, just kidding!
  • 不,直接从马嘴里意思是...我知道它的意思,我在开玩笑!
  • Straight from the horse's mouth means directly from the source of the news or information – so in this case our friend Mark told Finn himself about the ice-cream business.
  • 直接从马的嘴里意思是直接从新闻或信息的来源获得。所以在这里我们的朋友马克自己告诉了芬关于他冰激凌公司的事。
  • Right, Finn?Absolutely. Listen to these examples:
  • 对吗,芬?当然。听听这些例子吧:
  • Our university is going to start teaching courses in oceanography.
  • 我们学校将要开设海洋学方面的课程了。
  • Really? How do you know that?
  • 真的吗?你怎么知道的?
  • Straight from the horse's mouth – the head of the university told me.
  • 直接从马嘴里知道的,学校的校长告诉我了。
  • Are you sure Michael is coming tomorrow? I haven't seen him for ages.
  • 你确定迈克尔明天要来吗?我好久没有见他了。
  • Yes, straight from the horse's mouth. He phoned me yesterday to tell me!
  • 是的,直接从马嘴里得知的。他昨天打电话告诉我了。
  • Anyway, what's Mark going to do next?
  • 不论如何,马克接下来打算怎么办?
  • Apparently he's starting a new ice-cream business – with lots of crazy flavours.
  • 很明显他要新开一个冰激凌公司,拥有超级多的疯狂口味。
  • Like what? Grass-flavoured ice-cream.
  • 比如?青草味的冰激凌。
  • Really? Sure - straight from the… Horse's mouth!
  • 真的吗?当然了,直接从...马嘴里得到!
  • Well, I think our horse friend might enjoy grass-flavoured ice-cream, but I'm not so sure myself.
  • 好吧,我觉得我们的马朋友可能会喜欢青草味的冰激凌,但是我就不一定了。
  • Anyway do check out bbclearningenglish.com for more phrases.
  • 不管怎样,一定要查看bbclearningenglish.com来获取更多的俚语。
  • Bye. Giddy up.
  • 再见。驾!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Finn: Hello, I'm Finn and we're presenting today's The English We Speak on horseback. I'm joined bySorry about that_ by Feifei

芬:大家好,我是芬。今天我们所说的英语将要在马背上为大家呈现。和我一起的是...不好意思,菲菲...
Feifei: Hello. Yes, we're taking a horse-riding holiday in the beautiful mountains of Wales.
菲菲:大家好。是的,我们正在威尔士的美丽山坡上享受骑马的假日。
Finn: Isn't it glorious?
芬:这难道不美妙吗?
Feifei: Beautiful. A million miles away from London.
菲菲:太美了。远离伦敦百米。
Finn: Eh, talking about Londonyou know our friend Mark, did you hear his news?
芬:额,说起伦敦,你知道我们的朋友马克,你听说他的新闻了吗?
Feifei: No, what happened?
菲菲:没有,发生了什么?
Finn: Great news for him. He sold his ice-cream delivery company.
芬:对他来说是好消息。他卖了他的冰激凌外卖公司。
Feifei: Wow!
菲菲:哇!
Finn: And he made 500,000 pound.
芬:而且他赚了50万英镑。
Feifei: Really? That's great news. Where did you hear that?
菲菲:真的吗?这真是极好的新闻,你从哪听说的?
Finn: Straight from the horse's mouth.
芬:直接从他嘴里。
Feifei: Ehfrom our horse? Our horse told you about Mark?
菲菲:额,从马的嘴里?我们的马告诉你马克的事?
Finn: No, straight from the horse's mouth means...
芬:不,直接从马嘴里意思是...
Feifei: I know what it means, just kidding! Straight from the horse's mouth means directly from the source of the news or informationso in this case our friend Mark told Finn himself about the ice-cream business. Right, Finn?
菲菲:我知道它的意思,我在开玩笑!直接从马的嘴里意思是直接从新闻或信息的来源获得。所以在这里我们的朋友马克自己告诉了芬关于他冰激凌公司的事。对吗,芬?
Finn: Absolutely. Listen to these examples:
芬:当然。听听这些例子吧:
A: Our university is going to start teaching courses in oceanography.
A:我们学校将要开设海洋学方面的课程了。
B: Really? How do you know that?
B:真的吗?你怎么知道的?
A: Straight from the horse's mouththe head of the university told me.
A:直接从马嘴里知道的,学校的校长告诉我了。
A: Are you sure Michael is coming tomorrow? I haven't seen him for ages.
A:你确定迈克尔明天要来吗?我好久没有见他了。
B: Yes, straight from the horse's mouth. He phoned me yesterday to tell me!
B:是的,直接从马嘴里得知的。他昨天打电话告诉我了。
Feifei: Anyway, what's Mark going to do next?
菲菲:不论如何,马克接下来打算怎么办?
Finn: Apparently he's starting a new ice-cream businesswith lots of crazy flavours.
芬:很明显他要新开一个冰激凌公司,拥有超级多的疯狂口味。
Feifei: Like what?
菲菲:比如?
Finn: Grass-flavoured ice-cream.
芬:青草味的冰激凌。
Feifei: Really?
菲菲:真的吗?
Finn: Sure - straight from the
芬:当然了,直接从...
Feifei: Horse's mouth! Well, I think our horse friend might enjoy grass-flavoured ice-cream, but I'm not so sure myself. Anyway do check out bbclearningenglish.com for more phrases.
菲菲:马嘴里得到!好吧,我觉得我们的马朋友可能会喜欢青草味的冰激凌,但是我就不一定了。不管怎样,一定要查看bbclearningenglish.com来获取更多的俚语。
Finn: Bye. Giddy up.
芬:再见。驾!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
source [sɔ:s]

想一想再看

n. 发源地,来源,原始资料

 
delivery [di'livəri]

想一想再看

n. 递送,交付,分娩

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。