Well, all in all it sounds very positive, I think I will go ahead and apply for a placement myself. How do Igo about it?
总的听起来效果还是很积极的,我想我也着手申请一个实习吧。但是要怎么做呢?
It's easy enough to do, because there's a government agency called STEP — S-T-E-P — that organises placements for students.
很简单的,因为有一个叫做STEP的政府机构会为学生组织实习。
You should start by getting their booklet with all the details.
你应该先从看一下他们的手册开始,那上面什么信息都有,
I expect you can download one from their website.
我想你从他们的官网上就能下载一份。
Actually, the've got copies in the psychology department—I've seen them there.
实际上,心理学系办公室就有那些手册,我在那儿看见过。
I'll just go to the office and pick one up.
我等会儿直接去办公室拿一份儿就行了。
Right. And then if I were you, after I'd looked at it I'd go over all the options with someone.
可以啊。然后,如果我是你的话,在看完了手册之后,我会和某个人一起讨论一下所有的选择。
I suppose I should ask my tutor's advice.
我想我应该问问我导师的意见,
He knows more about me than anyone.
他比任何人都要了解我。
One of the career officers would be better, they've got more knowledge about the jobs market than your personal tutor would have. OK...
就业指导老师可能更好一点,比起你的个人导师,他们对职场会更了解一些。好吧......
And then when you know what you want you can register with STEP- you'll find their address in the booklet.
等你了解了自己的选择之后,就可以在STEP上注册了,手册里有他们的网址。
And once you've registered they assign you to a mentor who looks after your application.
注册了之后,他们会把你分配给一位指导者,他会处理你的申请的。
And then I suppose you just sit back and wait till you hear something?
然后就光坐着等消息?
They told me at the careers office that it's best to be proactive, and get updates yourself by checking the website for new placement alerts.
就业指导办公室的老师告诉我最好要积极主动一点,你要自己查看网站上的新实习提示,多更新信息。
Your mentor is supposed to keep you informed, but you can't rely on that.
你的指导者本应通知你这些的,但是你不能完全依赖他。