手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

一起做黏黏的史莱姆吧(上)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
自动
1X
默认
00:00:00 / 00:00:00
加载失败
0.5X
1X
1.25X
1.5X
2X
4X

Welcome to Storyline Online

欢迎来到《明星为你读绘本》,

brought to you by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation

SAG-AFTRA基金会为您呈现。

Im June Squibb and today Im going to read So Much Slime

我是朱恩·斯奎布,今天我要读的是《好多史莱姆》,

Written by Jason Lefebvre and illustrated by Zac Retz.

作者是杰森·勒菲弗,插画师是扎克·雷茨。

My family loves to make slime.

我们一家喜欢做史莱姆。

My dad says slime is stretchy.

爸爸说史莱姆可以拉得很长。

My mom says slime is scientific.

妈妈说史莱姆是科学。

But I say slime is super squishy.

我说史莱姆黏糊糊的。

Oooh!” I shout. “I can show my class how to make slime!”

“哦!”我喊道,“我可以教同学们怎么做史莱姆!”

With your teachers permission,” Mom cautions.

“只要老师允许。”妈妈提醒道,

Remember, Matty, slime is simple.

“记住,马蒂,史莱姆很简单。

Just three ingredients:

只要三种原料:

glue, baking soda, and saline.”

胶水、小苏打、盐水。”

And Dad adds, “Everything else is just pizzazz!”

爸爸补充说:“剩下的就是颜色!”

That night, I stuff my backpack with ALL the slime-making supplies Ill need.

那天晚上,我把需要的所有史莱姆原材料都装进书包。

The next day, my art teacher agrees to a demonstration, so I set out everything I brought.

第二天,美术老师同意我做演示,于是我把带来的所有东西都摆出来。

Slime is simple,” I explain to the class.

“史莱姆很简单,”我向同学们解释,

Just three ingredients.

“只要三种原料。

First is glue. At home we use ONE bottle.

第一是胶水,在家里我们用一瓶。

But I want enough slime for everyone, so Im using SIX!”

但我想给所有人都做一点史莱姆,所以我用六瓶!”

Seems like a lot, Matty,” my teacher warns.

“感觉很多啊,马蒂。”老师提醒我。

Dont worry,” I reassure her.

“别担心,”我让她放心,

I know EXACTLY what Im doing.”

“我完全知道要做什么。”

Plooooop!

噗!

Next is baking soda,” I say.

“接下来是小苏打,”我说,

One teaspoon for each bottle of glue.”

“一瓶胶水配一勺小苏打。”

Then what?” my teacher asks.

“然后呢?”老师问。

Slime is simple,” I repeat.

“史莱姆很简单,”我重复道,

Just three ingredients: glue, baking soda, and um….”

“只需要三种原料:胶水、小苏打,还有……”

I scan my supplies trying to remember the third.

我在原料里翻来找去,想记起第三个是什么。

Oh, yeah! Pizzazz!”

“哦,对,是颜色!”

I squeeze in food coloring while Julia stirs.

我把食用色素挤进去,朱莉亚帮我搅拌。

Now comes the best part.

“现在是最精彩的环节。

Well knead this with our hands -- like dough.”

我们用手揉它,就像揉面团一样。”

So I pour a waterfall of slime onto the table and shout, “COWABUNGA

我把瀑布一下的史莱姆倒在桌子上,然后叫道:“卡哇邦嘎。”

My teacher shudders. “Matty, is it supposed to spread like that?!”

老师吓了一跳:“马蒂,史莱姆应该像这样摊开吗?!”

Oh, no!” I shout. “I forgot to bring saline!

“哦,不!”我叫道,“我忘了带盐水!

Thats what turns this stuff into slime!

要有盐水才能让这东西变成史莱姆!

I cant make slime without saline!”

没有盐水就做不了史莱姆!”

You forgot the saline?!” my teacher squawks.

“你忘了带盐水?!”老师惊呼。

I dont have any saline!”

“我没有一点盐水!”

This is bad. My demo is doomed.

完蛋了,演示全搞砸了。

Instead of squishy slime, Im up to my wrists in an icky, sticky swamp!

我没做出黏糊糊的史莱姆,而是黏糊糊的泥水淹没了我的手腕!

How will I ever clean this up?” I groan.

“这要怎么弄干净啊?”我呻吟道。

Something from the art closet might help,” Grace suggests.

“美术柜里的东西可能有用。”格蕾斯提议。

Pompoms look like little mops!” Izzy hollers.

“啦啦队花球很像拖把!”伊兹喊道。

Maybe these can sop it up!” Izzy, Julia, and Noah lob fuzzy pompoms onto the table.

“这样可能会把它吸干!”伊兹、朱莉亚、诺亚把毛茸茸的花球扔到桌子上。

But they just land -- plip! plop! plip! -- and sink into the spreading sludge.

但花球落在桌子上,砰砰砰,然后沉进了漫开的泥水中。

Now Im up to my elbows in the icky, sticky swamp!

现在黏糊糊的泥水淹没我的胳膊肘了!

Sand might solidify it!” Luke shouts, dumping in a bagful.

“沙子或许可以让它凝固!”卢克喊道,并倒了一袋沙子。

Noah, Kaitlyn, and Julia dump sand too, enough to turn a swamp into a desert.

诺亚、凯特琳、朱莉亚也倒了沙子,多得够把沼泽变成沙漠。

But the sand creates a wave -- SWOOOOOOSH -- and soon Im surfing in the icky, sticky swamp.

但沙子激起一阵浪花,哗啦,很快我就可以在黏糊糊的泥水里冲浪了。

Look!” Owen says. “Felt letters are like tiny towels.

“看!”欧文说,“绒布字母就像小毛巾。

Maybe these could soak up the swamp.

或许这些可以吸干泥水。

A, Bwheres the C?”

ABC在哪里?”

Theres no time for A-B-C order!” Noah yells.

“没时间按ABC的顺序了!”诺亚喊道。

He flings felt letters at me until Im in the eye of an alphabet storm.

他把字母一股脑扔向我,我简直身处字母风暴的中心。

The letters float for a few seconds but soon start to slip beneath the surface

字母漂了几秒钟,很快就开始沉底,

GLUG GLUG GLUGand so do I.

咕咚,咕咚,咕咚,我也沉底了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
demonstration [.demən'streiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 示范,实证,表达,集会

 
sink [siŋk]

想一想再看

n. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器
vi. 下

 
solidify [sə'lidifai]

想一想再看

vt. 使牢固,使团结 vi. 变坚固,变结实

 
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
foundation [faun'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 基础,根据,建立
n. 粉底霜,基

联想记忆
groan [grəun]

想一想再看

呻吟

联想记忆
sticky ['stiki]

想一想再看

adj. 粘的,闷热的,困难的,令人不满意的

 
doomed [dumd]

想一想再看

adj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词

 
squeeze [skwi:z]

想一想再看

v. 压榨,挤压,塞进
n. 压榨,勒索,榨取

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 爱吃蔬菜的僵尸(下) 2025-01-16
  • 粗野的鲨鱼克拉克(上) 2025-01-21
  • 粗野的鲨鱼克拉克(下) 2025-01-23
  • 已经下雪了! 2025-01-28
  • 别忘了要勇敢做梦 2025-01-30
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。

      ckplayer

      version:X2