Dearest reader... It has been said that competition is an opportunity for us to rise before our greatest of challenges.
亲爱的读者...常言道,竞争就是机遇,让我们在面临最大的挑战时展翅翱翔。
This is the season the viscount intends to find a wife.
这正是子爵打算找个妻子的季节。
You honestly just did that?
你真的这么干啊?
I believe I did.
我想是的。
Your Majesty, may I present Miss Kate Sharma and Edwina Sharma?
陛下,这是凯特·夏尔马小姐和埃德温娜·夏尔马小姐。
I only hope they like me.
我只希望他们会喜欢我。
All you have to do this evening is remember what you are looking for.
今晚你要做的就是记住你要找的是什么。
Someone charming. And handsome, of course.
要非常迷人。当然,还要很帅。
I cannot be the only one wondering if this former Capital R Rake is ready to flourish.
我不会是唯一一个怀疑Capital R Rake是否真的准备好开花结果了。
It is only out of love of my family that I aim to choose a bride with my head and not my... heart.
只是出于对我家人的爱,我打算在择偶时用头脑去挑选,而不是心。
But any suitor wishing to gain an audience with Miss Edwina Sharma must first tame her sister.
但任何求婚者若想见到埃德温娜·沙玛小姐,必须先驯服她的姐姐。
The sister. The sister!
姐姐。姐姐!
Newton is an excellent judge of character. Oh. See?
牛顿善于判断人的性格。哦。看到了吗?
Anthony will need all the help he can get.
安东尼将需要所有他能得到的帮助。
He seeks a wife only to fulfill his duty and does not believe in the true love you deserve.
他找妻子只是为了履行他的职责,不相信你应该得到的真爱。
We should certainly not give him too much credit.

A poor player plays the game and a wise one plays their opponent.
拙劣的玩家才认真玩游戏,而聪明的玩家,只是随便玩儿玩儿。
Are you in a losing mood?
你心情不好吗?
My mood shall remain unchanged.
我的心情不会改变。
Can you really not see anything engaging about him?
你真的看不出他有什么吸引人的地方吗?
Yes, I suppose I can see how he might engage... a person.
有啊,我想我能看出他是怎样吸引...一个人的。
Oh my! Are you hurt?
噢我的天!你受伤了吗?
Come, it is not proper to stare.
拜托,这么盯着看是不合适的。
It is a very powerful thing to meet someone and feel that you know them unlike any other.
遇到一个人,感觉你了解他不同于其他人,这是一件非常强大的事情。
After your father died, a wall went up inside you, as if love had become some weakness instead of your greatest strength.
你父亲死后,你的内心建起了一堵墙,好像爱已经变成了某种弱点,而不是你最强大的力量。
Has this young lady truly won your heart?
这位小姐真的赢得了你的心了吗?
The one that makes it impossible for you to look away from them at any given moment.
一个让你在任何时候都无法将目光从他们身上移开的人。
What happens when duty is in conflict with the heart's true desire?
当责任与内心真正的欲望发生冲突的时候,会发生什么呢?
Why then there is the potential for a considerable scandal indeed.
那时候,确实有可能发生重大丑闻。
My honor is hanging by a thread that grows more precarious with every moment in your presence.
我的荣誉就悬在一根绳上,而你的出现让这个危险系数越来越大。
I want my sister to be happy. Can you make her happy?
我希望我妹妹幸福。你能让她幸福吗?
True love is worth it. No matter what.
真爱是值得的。无论如何。
Lady Whistledown's words carry far too much import. We must entrap the scribbler.
惠斯顿夫人的话太重要了。我们必须诱捕那个小文人。
Genius idea, ma'am.
好主意,王后。
Yes, that is why I thought of it.