Breathless made you a star of the New Wave.
《筋疲力尽》让你成为了一名新浪潮电影明星。
Why do you think the French fell in love with you?
你认为为什么法国人会爱上你?
They fell in love with the character. They get me instead.
他们爱上的是这个角色,而不是我。
And who is that? Who is Jean Seberg?
那是谁?谁是珍·茜宝?
A million Americans look at you, and they see and escape.
一百万的美国人在盯着你,他们觉得你是逃跑了。
They want the girl from the Midwest, America's Sweetheart.
他们希望你还是那个中西部来的女孩,美国的甜心。
I've been trying to get away from that girl my whole life.
我这辈子都在努力摆脱那个形象。
This country is at war with itself.
这个国家正在和自己较劲。
Vietnam. The oppression of the black people in America. It's the same disgusting racism.
越南战争。对美国的黑人进行压迫。都是同样让人恶心的种族主义。
The revolution needs movie stars.
这场革命需要电影明星。
Who is that?
那是谁?
She's some actress just grabbing free publicity.
她只是个免费宣传的女演员。
She has a history of donations to civil rights groups.
她有向民权组织捐款的历史。
She's a sympathizer, sir. I think she could be useful.
她是个支持者,先生。我想她可以利用。
You must be some kind of crazy to come to this neighborhood in that car.
你一定是疯了才开着那辆车来到这个社区。
Was it my money you were chasing, or was it me?
你追的是我的钱,还是我?
Hello? Hello?
喂?喂?
They've tapped our phones. They're listening.
他们对我们的电话做了手脚。他们正在窃听。
I can hear these little clicks on the line. I think it's the government.
我能听到电话里的咔哒声。我想是政府干的。
Where have you been?
你去哪里了?
They kept us late at the office.
我们在办公室呆到很晚。
Our job is to cheapen our image in the eyes of the public.
我们的工作就是降低公众对我们的关注。
There's things that I've been ordered to do.
有些事情我是奉命去做的。
Those are pictures from her bedroom! Are you having an affair?
那些是她卧室里的照片!你有外遇了吗?
They're pushing her too hard. She's coming apart.
他们把她逼得太紧了。她要崩溃了。
This comes from above.
这是上峰的要求。
Seberg, you got to stop. They will destroy your reputation, your career, your family.
茜宝,你得停下来。他们会毁了你的名声、你的事业、你的家庭。
You can't stand it that I might be a part of something more important than books, or articles, or movies.
你不能忍受的是,我可能比书、文章或电影更重要。
What are you a part of, except the end of two marriages?
除了两次失败的婚姻,你还有什么可展示的?
Who is it?
你是谁?
You swing by in your limousine, open your legs, and your checkbook, and you think that gives you the right to anything you want.
你开着你的豪华轿车,分开你的长腿,打开你的支票簿,你觉得这就给了你想拥有一切的权利。
I only ever wanted to help.
我只是想帮忙。
Well, that doesn't make you a better person. That makes you a tourist.
这并不能使你成为一个更好的人。你就是个游客。
To defame somebody who speaks out against their government, is a type of persecution.
诽谤那些公开反对政府的人,是一种迫害。
You run around with a handful of nails looking for a cross to die on.
你拿着一把钉子跑来跑去,寻找一个可以钉死的十字架。
You deserve to know the truth.
你应该知道真相。
A woman has her secrets.
每个女人都有秘密。