很高兴见到你,
I mentioned the last time you were here was under worse circumstances, hurricane Sandy hit,
上次你在这里时,天气很糟糕,当时有飓风“珊迪”。
That was a tough time.
当时天气很不好。
You and Bruce Springsteen did a benefit concert, I think maybe a month later.
可能是一个月之后,你和布鲁斯·斯普林斯汀做了一场慈善音乐会。
And we're reunited again tonight.
我们今晚将再次合作。
Reunited again tonight and it feels so good.
再次合作,感觉太好了。
So good.
太好了。
How's everything, how are you doing?
最近怎么样?
I'm amazing.
非常好。
I hear you wrote an autobiography?
我听说你写了一本自传?
I'm calling it A Journey.
我称其为“一段旅程”。
A Journey?
一段旅程?
Yeah, because I felt like a memoir sounded like I was going to die tomorrow.
是的,因为我感觉,写一本自传听起来像明天就要去世了。
Right, yeah yeah.
是的,是的。
It's too heavy.
感觉太沉重了。
Not too old to have a memoir.
还没有老到要写自传的时候。
Yeah, I'm not even approaching that space. So, a journey, we're all on our journey, you know?
是的。我还没有到那个时候。所以我们都在各自的旅程中。
It is a journey.
这是一段旅程。
Yeah.
是的。
What is the title of your journey?
书名是什么?
The title of my current journey is More Myself.
书名叫《更多自己》。
More myself, why more yourself?
《更多自己》,为什么是更多自己?
Because I think I am definitely lucky and I've been on a journey to discover more of who I am
因为我想我太幸运了,我处在发现更多自己的旅程中,
and how to be more authentically who I am without kind of worrying about what other people think or changing,
以及如何成为更真正的自己,而不必担忧别人的想法或变化,
because other people might like it better, just being more of myself.
因为其他人可能更喜欢,我只想更加作为自己。
Is this something you just kind of, you figured out on your own or have you learned it from others?
这是你自己明白的?还是从其他人那里知道的?
I think that's been a mixture.
我想都有吧。
I think a lot of times we learn a lot of things from what we don't want anymore.
我想,很多时候,我们不再需要更多时就明白了很多事情。
You know, then you can realize, I don't want that. I want more of this.
当你认识到时就不再想要了。这就是我所希望的。
So I think partially it's what I've learned from others, and definitely enlightenments.
所以我想,在一定程度上从其他人那里认识到,即受到启发。
How about those times where you're like, why did I do that again? again?
对于为什么自己反复做一些事情,我是怎么想的?
I'm going to do that again? You know, so those pieces that really just make me,
我会再做吗?你知道,这些东西造就了我,
and the book is really about the experience and just growing, and becoming more aware of who I am.
这本书的确是关于经验和成长,以及更加意识到我是谁。
Do you have a good memory or do you have to consult others as far as like,
你是记性好,还是询问其他人关于你过去的事情?比如:
Hey, what happened that time we went and did this?
嘿,当时发生了什么?我们做了什么?
A mixture. I have, I have really good my memories.
都有吧。我的记性的确不错。
Like, I know this happened, checking with someone, do you remember that?
比如,我知道这件事,和某人核实,问他们你记得吗?
They're like, no, I remember this, no, it didn't happen like that, which is so interesting about memories, no?
他们会说,记得,不是你说的那样,这种记忆太有趣了,对吧?
Yeah, sure, everybody does that.
是的,每个人都是这样。
We all have our own recollections of what happens.
我们都有自己对于事情的记忆。
but what I love about this book, I think my point is that we're all on a journey,
但我热爱这本书的原因是,我想我们都在自己的旅程中,
so how do you find your way to your authentic self?
I think it's a question we're all looking for the answer.
所以你如何发现真实的自我?我想这个问题我们都在寻找答案。

Do you remember the first time you heard one of your records on the radio?
你还记得第一次在广播中听到自己唱片的事吗?
Yes.
记得。
When was it?
是什么时候?
It was like right at the beginning, when I was still very terrified to hear any of my music anywhere out loud.
好像还是开始的时候,那时仍然害怕听到自己的音乐大声放出来。
Oh really?
噢,真的吗?
There is a moment where you feel terrified to hear your music out loud.
有一个时刻,你会害怕听到自己的音乐被大声放出来。
and so it was the very first time, it was a song called Girlfriend; which came right before Fall in,
所以当时是最开始的时候,那首歌是《女朋友》,刚好在《掉入》之前,
and I was on the BQE, and I was driving in my Mazda de626, y'all, this was big.
我当时在布鲁克林-皇后区高速翻新工程路段上,当时我开着自己的马自达DE626,
It was goldish. I had on HOT 97 and Funkmaster Flex was on.
车是金色的,车里正放着HOT 97和Funkmaster Flex。
This one nobody can tell me they remember anything different, because I was the only one in the car.
对于这件事,没有人可以讲述不同的版本,因为只有我一个人在车里。
And so all of a sudden he was like, Alicia Keys, and I was like, aahh!
所以当时很突然,他说艾丽西亚·凯斯!然后我啊——的叫了出来。
And I for sure almost ran right into, there was a lot of those orange things,
我当然差点撞到...,路边有很多黄颜色的东西,
Caution, Construction, which is always on the BQE.
布鲁克林-皇后区高速翻新工程路段上常有“小心”、“施工地段”这些标识。
They put those there in case someone hears their song for the first time.
他们把这些标识放到路边,是为那些第一次听到自己歌声的人准备的。
Definitely almost a wreck.
当时几乎发生碰撞。
I made it, I'm a really good driver, 626 Mazda go boom, and I was happy.
我做到了,没有发生碰撞,我真的是一位好司机,马自达没事,我当时好开心。
That had to be a fantastic moment.
当时应该是非常幸福的时刻。
It really was.
的确是。
So you are part of this big title x concert tonight?
你参加今晚的音乐会?
Yes.
是的。
At Barclays?
在巴克莱中心?
Yes.
对。
And this is to benefit Rock the Vote?
是为了Rock the Vote而演出?
It is.
是的。
Which is important voting?
什么是重要的投票?
Please!
别聊这个好吗?
People should do it.
人们应该参加。
We've got to do it, you don't have a choice, we have to do it.
我们都参加了,你没有选择,我们必须参加。
The show is sold out, correct?
票已经销售一空了,对吧?
It is, it's sold out.
是的,售罄了。
But--
但...
Except--
除了...
Except--
除了...
I reserved some tickets for a few friends.
我为一些朋友留票了。
Okay.
好吧。
And I was wondering if y'all would all come with me.
我在想,你们所有人是否都会和我一起去音乐会。
It feels like they want to come.
他们似乎都想去。
I think they're going to come. Yes!
我想他们会去的。耶!
All right, so Alicia, here's what we're going to do, we're going to take everybody over to Barclays.
好了,艾丽西亚,我们将把每个人都带到巴克莱中心。
We're either going to walk or we're all going to jump in an Uber, I'm not sure which.
我们或者步行过去,或者坐网约车过去,我不确定是哪种方式。
Alicia Keys, her new single is Show Me Love, it's available now.
艾丽西亚·凯斯,她的新专辑是《Show Me Love》,现在可以购买了。
Her new album is out next year. We'll be right back with Alicia Keys at Barclays Center.
她明年将推出新专辑。稍后我们将和艾丽西亚·凯斯一起在巴克莱中心亮相。