手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 一步步听懂CNN名人专访 > 正文

CNN名人专访(MP3+中英字幕):名厨鲍比秦 创造另类的美食风格

编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Work on the Wild Side.
  • 充满激情的工作。
  • Talk Asia Goes into the Kitchen with Celebrity Chef Bobby Chinn.
  • 《亚洲名人聊天室》专访亚洲名厨鲍比·秦。
  • My guest today was once a Wall Street trader and a stand-up comic.
  • 我今天的来宾曾经当过华尔街交易员和脱口秀表演者,
  • Today, he's one of Asia's most celebrated chefs.
  • 而现在他则是亚洲最受推崇的大厨之一,
  • We're in the kitchen with Bobby Chinn.
  • 我们现在正和跑比·秦一起在厨房里,
  • This is Talk Asia.
  • 欢迎收看《亚洲名人聊天室》。
  • He's high-energy and clearly has a passion for cooking,
  • 他活力十足,且对烹饪明显有着一股热情。
  • but Bobby Chinn's path to culinary success is a winding tale.
  • 不过鲍比·秦的名厨成功之路却是个曲折的故事。
  • He was born in New Zealand to a Chinese father and an Egyptian mother,
  • 他出生于新西兰,父亲是中国人,母亲是埃及人。
  • educated in England and for a time called San Francisco home.
  • 他在英国受教育,有段时间以旧金山为家。
  • He tried his hand as a trader on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange
  • 他曾尝试在纽约证券交易所担任交易员,
  • and even took a crack at being a stand-up comic,
  • 甚至也尝试过当一名脱口秀演员。
  • but his restless soul eventually led him into the kitchen,
  • 但是他不息的灵魂终究还是将他带进了厨房,
  • where he put his imagination to the test.
  • 他在这个天地中将想象力发抨到极致。
  • In 1995, Bobby Chinn set his sights on Vietnam.
  • 1995年,他决心在越南发展。
  • Today, he runs his namesake restaurant in the heart of Hanoi.
  • 现在,他在河内市中心开了一家以他的名字命名的餐厅,
  • He's also the host of a successful cooking and travel show
  • 同时他也是一个热门烹饪旅游节目的主持人,
  • and author of a recently released cookbook.
  • 身兼作者的他最近刚出版了一本烹饪书。
  • I just want to know what first attracted you to the culinary arts.
  • 我想知道最初是什么吸引你投入烹饪艺术。
  • I guess I always liked food. That's helpful.
  • 我想我一直都很喜欢食物,这很有帮助。
  • And I didn't realize food could be a horrible experience until I went to English boarding school.
  • 直到我去读英国的寄宿学校,才知道食物可以有多难吃。
  • So I was brought up by two really great grandmothers
  • 抚养我长大的奶奶和外婆都很了不起,
  • that can cook and I was always intrigued
  • 她们的厨艺都很棒,我一直很好奇
  • by how they made food really good-one being Egyptian,
  • 她们怎么把食物做得这么好吃,一位是埃及人,
  • the other one being Chinese.
  • 一位是中国人。
  • When I left Wall Street, I wanted to do something a little creative,
  • 离开华尔街之后,我想做有一点创意的事。
  • and I saw chefs in a completely different light than I've seen them in the past,
  • 而我对厨师的看法和以前大不相同,
  • you know, wearing white jackets, looking like doctors.
  • 他们穿着白上衣,就像医生一样。
  • My mother wanted me to be a doctor,
  • 以前我妈妈希望我当医生,
  • so this was as close as I was going to get.
  • 所以这是我能做的最接近的一种工作。
  • And they had, like, the command of everybody,
  • 而且他们可以对大家发号施令,
  • like they were gods in this little space-
  • 像是这个小空间里的神一样,
  • "Give me this, give me that."
  • 指使人"给我这个,给我那个。"
  • And I like kind of like that world and the ability to create.
  • 我喜欢像那样的世界以及可以发挥创造的能力。
  • You know, there are so many celebrity chefs that are out there these days.
  • 现在外面有很多名厨,
  • How do you set yourself apart?
  • 你如何让自己与众不同?
  • How do you make sure that you're different?
  • 你又如何知道你真的和别人不一样?
  • You know each one has their idiosyncrasies.
  • 每个人都有自己的风格,
  • You know, Jamie Oliver's very good at being the guy next door
  • 吉米·奥利弗善于营造邻家男孩的形象,
  • and being sweet and being very knowledgeable
  • 他亲切且知识丰富,
  • and cooking very simple food,
  • 善于烹调非常简单的食物,
  • and everybody loves Jamie.
  • 大家都喜欢他。
  • Gordon Ramsay-I don't think you have a better chef on television.
  • 戈登·拉姆齐,我想你找不出比他更适合上电视的大厨。
  • (Anthony)Bourdain-you know, that New York... kind of like, you know,
  • 安东尼·波登有点纽约风格……
  • Keith Richards.
  • 像滚石乐团吉他手基斯·理查兹。
  • I'm just kind of like the ethnic mutt,
  • 我则有点像是个混血儿,
  • a person that's kind of like shooting from left field,
  • 像是非主流出身的人。
  • where people kind of like, you know, they look at me like,
  • 人们会看到我,然后叫着,
  • "Oh!" And I can be engaging, I guess, so...
  • "哦而且我也可以是很迷人的,我猜的……
  • and I think that my ethnicity and my upbringing
  • 我的种族背景、成长经历
  • and my education will always send me from a different angle than other people
  • 和所受的教育者让我和其他人有不同的地方,
  • and I think that's what separates me.
  • 我想这就是我的独特之处。
  • You are though sometimes portrayed as this sort of in-your-face,
  • 你有时候会被说成是个盛气凌人、
  • really full-on publicity magnet.
  • 乐于曝光的大众万人迷,
  • How fair do you think that characterization of you is in terms of who you really are?
  • 你觉得这样的描述对真正的你来说公平吗?
  • I don't know. I think that people are looking for a new face.
  • 我不知道,我想人们总是在找新面孔,
  • There haven't been really many Asian chefs to speak of,
  • 一直以来都没有什么亚洲大厨可讲,
  • and I've been able to generate that.
  • 而我可以制造话题。
  • But I don't know. I mean, like, it's just a machine that,
  • 不过,我也不知道,其实就像有台机器要让我这种人去发动,
  • you know, feeds on people like me and then spits me out when my time's done,
  • 等把我消耗殆尽,就把我吐掉,
  • and you just go with the flow.
  • 反正就从善如流吧。
  • So, three top Bobby Chinn tips for anybody that's at home and wants to make Vietnamese food.
  • 那么,给那些想在家自己做越南菜的人提供三个鲍比·秦的烹饪秘诀吧。
  • You've gotta have a great fish sauce--first press,
  • 要有很棒的鱼露,鲜榨的,
  • just like olive oil. No food coloring, aged-that's key.
  • 就像橄榄油一样。别用染色的、放得太久的食物,这是重点。
  • Fresh ingredients-very important. Fresh herbs.
  • 新鲜食材很重要。新鲜的香料。
  • And then the right cooking vessel for whatever you're cooking.
  • 要用正确的容器来烹调食物,
  • I mean you're not going to make a souffle in a bread and butter plate.
  • 你不会想拿装面包和奶油的盘子来装蛋奶酥吧。
  • You know, you gotta have the right equipment,
  • 你一定要有适当的器皿,
  • so if you're gonna make something in a clay pot, let it be a clay pot.
  • 如果你需要用一个砂锅做菜,那就用砂锅;
  • If it's a wok,, cook it in a wok.
  • 如果你需用一个铁锅做菜,那就用铁锅来做。
  • Bobby, it has been a great treat meeting you.
  • 鲍比,很高兴认识你,
  • Thank you very much, indeed.
  • 真的很谢谢你。
  • Thank you.
  • лл!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

BOBBYCHINN.jpg

Work on the Wild Side. Talk Asia Goes into the Kitchen with Celebrity Chef Bobby Chinn.

充满激情的工作。《亚洲名人聊天室》专访亚洲名厨鲍比·秦。

ANJALI RAO, TALK ASIA: My guest today was once a Wall Street trader and a stand-up comic. Today, he's one of Asia's most celebrated chefs. We're in the kitchen with Bobby Chinn. This is Talk Asia. He's high-energy and clearly has a passion for cooking, but Bobby Chinn's path to culinary success is a winding tale. He was born in New Zealand to a Chinese father and an Egyptian mother, educated in England and for a time called San Francisco home. He tried his hand as a trader on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and even took a crack at being a stand-up comic, but his restless soul eventually led him into the kitchen, where he put his imagination to the test. In 1995, Bobby Chinn set his sights on Vietnam. Today, he runs his namesake restaurant in the heart of Hanoi. He's also the host of a successful cooking and travel show and author of a recently released cookbook. I just want to know what first attracted you to the culinary arts.

《亚洲名人聊天室》安姿丽:我今天的来宾曾经当过华尔街交易员和脱口秀表演者,而现在他则是亚洲最受推崇的大厨之一,我们现在正和跑比·秦一起在厨房里,欢迎收看《亚洲名人聊天室》。他活力十足,且对烹饪明显有着一股热情。不过鲍比·秦的名厨成功之路却是个曲折的故事。他出生于新西兰,父亲是中国人,母亲是埃及人。他在英国受教育,有段时间以旧金山为家。他曾尝试在纽约证券交易所担任交易员,甚至也尝试过当一名脱口秀演员。但是他不腊的灵魂终究还是将他带进了厨房,他在这个天地中将想象力发抨到极致。1995年,他决心在越南发展。现在,他在河内市中心开了一家以他的名字命名的餐厅,同时他也是一个热门烹饪旅游节目的主持人,身兼作者的他最近刚出版了一本烹饪书。我想知道最初是什么吸引你投入烹饪艺术。
BOBBY CHINN, CHEF: I guess I always liked food. That's helpful. And I didn't realize food could be a horrible experience until I went to English boarding school. So I was brought up by two really great grandmothers that can cook and I was always intrigued by how they made food really good-one being Egyptian, the other one being Chinese. When I left Wall Street, I wanted to do something a little creative, and I saw chefs in a completely different light than I've seen them in the past, you know, wearing white jackets, looking like doctors. My mother wanted me to be a doctor, so this was as close as I was going to get. And they had, like, the command of everybody, like they were gods in this little space-"Give me this, give me that." And I like kind of like that world and the ability to create.
大厨鲍比·秦:我想我一直都很喜欢食物,这很有帮助。直到我去读英国的寄宿学校,才知道食物可以有多难吃。抚养我长大的奶奶和外婆都很了不起,她们的厨艺都很棒,我一直很好奇她们怎么把食物做得这么好吃,一位是埃及人,一位是中国人。离开华尔街之后,我想做有一点创意的事。而我对厨师的看法和以前大不相同,他们穿着白上衣,就像医生一样。以前我妈妈希望我当医生,所以这是我能做的最接近的一种工作。而且他们可以对大家发号施令,像是这个小空间里的神一样,指使人"给我这个,给我那个。"我喜欢像那样的世界以及可以发挥创造的能力。
ANJALI RAO, TALK ASIA: You know, there are so many celebrity chefs that are out there these days. How do you set yourself apart? How do you make sure that you're different?
《亚洲名人聊天室》安姿丽:现在外面有很多名厨,你如何让自己与众不同?你又如何知道你真的和别人不一样?
BOBBY CHINN, CHEF: You know each one has their idiosyncrasies. You know, Jamie Oliver's very good at being the guy next door and being sweet and being very knowledgeable and cooking very simple food, and everybody loves Jamie. Gordon Ramsay-I don't think you have a better chef on television. [Anthony] Bourdain-you know, that New York... kind of like, you know, Keith Richards. I'm just kind of like the ethnic mutt, a person that's kind of like shooting from left field, where people kind of like, you know, they look at me like,"Oh!" And I can be engaging, I guess, so... and I think that my ethnicity and my upbringing and my education will always send me from a different angle than other people and I think that's what separates me.
大厨鲍比·秦:每个人都有自己的风格,吉米·奥利弗善于营造邻家男孩的形象,他亲切且知识丰富,善于烹调非常简单的食物,大家都喜欢他。戈登·拉姆齐,我想你找不出比他更适合上电视的大厨。安东尼·波登,有点纽约风格……像滚石乐团吉他手基斯·理查兹。我则有点像是个混血儿,像是非主流出身的人。人们会看到我,然后叫着, "哦而且我也可以是很迷人的,我猜的……我的种族背景、成长经历和所受的教育者让我和其他人有不同的地方,我想这就是我的独特之处。
ANJALI RAO, TALK ASIA: You are though sometimes portrayed as this sort of in-your-face, really full-on publicity magnet. How fair do you think that characterization of you is in terms of who you really are?
《亚洲名人聊天室》安姿丽:你有时候会被说成是个盛气凌人、乐于曝光的大众万人迷,你觉得这样的描述对真正的你来说公平吗?
BOBBY CHINN, CHEF: I don't know. I think that people are looking for a new face. There haven't been really many Asian chefs to speak of, and I've been able to generate that. But I don't know. I mean, like, it's just a machine that, you know, feeds on people like me and then spits me out when my time's done, and you just go with the flow.
大厨鲍比·秦:我不知道,我也!人们总是在找新面孔,一直以来都没有什么亚洲大厨可讲,而我可以制造话题。不过,我也不知道,其实就像有台机器要让我这种人去发动,等把我消耗殆尽,就把我吐掉,反正就从善如流吧。
ANJALI RAO, TALK ASIA: So, three top Bobby Chinn tips for anybody that's at home and wants to make Vietnamese food.
《亚洲名人聊天室》安姿丽:那么,给那些想在家自己做越南菜的人提供三个鲍比·秦的烹饪秘诀吧。
BOBBY CHINN, CHEF: You've gotta have a great fish sauce--first press, just like olive oil. No food coloring, aged-that's key. Fresh ingredients-very important. Fresh herbs. And then the right cooking vessel for whatever you're cooking. I mean you're not going to make a souffle in a bread and butter plate. You know, you gotta have the right equipment, so if you're gonna make something in a clay pot, let it be a clay pot. If it's a wok, cook it in a wok.
大厨鲍比·秦:要有很棒的鱼露,鲜榨的,就像橄榄汹一样。别用染色的、放得太久的食物,这是重点。新鲜食材很重要。新鲜的香料。要用正确的容器来烹调食物,你不会想拿装面包和奶油的盘子来装蛋奶酥吧。你一定要有适当的器皿,如果你需要用一个砂锅做菜,那就用砂锅;如果你需用一个砂锅做菜,那就用砂锅来做。
ANJALI RAO, TALK ASIA: Bobby, it has been a great treat meeting you. Thank you very much, indeed.
《亚洲名人聊天室》安姿丽:鲍比,很高兴认识你,真的很谢谢你。
BOBBY CHINN, CHEF: Thank you.
大厨鲍比·秦:谢谢!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
crack [kræk]

想一想再看

v. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
vessel ['vesl]

想一想再看

n. 容器,器皿,船,舰
n. 脉管,血

 
chef [ʃef]

想一想再看

n. 厨师,主厨

联想记忆
celebrity [si'lebriti]

想一想再看

n. 名人,名誉,社会名流

联想记忆
engaging [in'geidʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 动人的,迷人的,有魅力的

联想记忆
stock [stɔk]

想一想再看

n. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜

 
publicity [pʌb'lisiti]

想一想再看

n. 公众的注意,宣传,宣扬,宣传品,广告

联想记忆
characterization [.kæriktərai'zeiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 刻画,特色

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。