手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 暮光之城暮色 > 正文

有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第29期:打开的书(10)

编辑:Echo   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • "Phil travels a lot. He plays ball for a living." I half-smiled.
  • "菲尔老东奔西跑。他以打球为生。"我似笑非笑地说道。
  • "Have I heard of him?" he asked, smiling in response.
  • "我听说过他吗?"他问,回了我一个微笑。
  • "Probably not. He doesn't play well.
  • "很可能没有。他的球打得不好。
  • Strictly minor league. He moves around a lot."
  • 严格说来还在小联盟 混。他老是在东奔西跑的。"
  • "And your mother sent you here so that she could travel with him."
  • "所以你母亲就要你到这里来了,这样她就可以跟着到处跑了。"
  • He said it as an assumption again, not a question.
  • 他又在主观臆断,而不是在问。
  • My chin raised a fraction.
  • 我稍稍仰起头:
  • "No, she did not send me here. I sent myself."
  • "不,不是她要我来这里的,是我自己要来的。"
  • His eyebrows knit together.
  • 他的两簇眉毛挤到了一起。
  • "I don't understand," he admitted, and he seemed unnecessarily frustrated by that fact.
  • "我不明白。"他承认道,而且他似乎对这个事实感到很失望,其实大可不必。
  • I sighed. Why was I explaining this to him?
  • 我叹了一口气。我干吗要跟他说这些呢?
  • He continued to stare at me with obvious curiosity.
  • 他仍旧目不转睛地盯着我,眼里充满了明显的好奇。
  • "She stayed with me at first, but she missed him.
  • 我妈妈一开始一直和我一起生活,但是她也想念菲尔,
  • It made her unhappy...
  • 这让她并不快乐……
  • so I decided it was time to spend some quality time with Charlie."
  • 所以我决定是该跟查理好好袋一段时间,增进增进感情的时候了。"
  • My voice was glum by the time I finished.
  • 说完这句话的时候,我的声音已经有点儿凄凉了。
  • "But now you're unhappy," he pointed out.
  • "可现在你不快乐,"他指出。
  • "And?" I challenged.
  • "然后呢?"我向他事事都擅自做判断提出挑战。
  • "That doesn't seem fair."
  • "这似乎不公平。"
  • He shrugged, but his eyes were still intense.
  • 他耸了耸肩,但他的眼神并没轻松下来。
  • I laughed without humor.
  • 我哈哈一笑,一点儿都不幽默:
  • "Hasn't anyone ever told you? Life isn't fair."
  • "难道没人告诉过你吗?生活本来就是不公平的。"
  • "I believe I have heard that somewhere before," he agreed dryly.
  • "我相信以前是在什么地方听说过。"他干巴巴地说道。
  • "So that's all," I insisted, wondering why he was still staring at me that way.
  • "这不就结了嘛。"我坚持道,心里纳闷他干吗还是那样盯着我。
  • His gaze became appraising.
  • 他的凝视变成了评判的眼神。
  • "You put on a good show," he said slowly.
  • "你的戏演得还真不错呢,"他一字一顿地说,
  • "But I'd be willing to bet that you're suffering more than you let anyone see."
  • "但是我倒很愿意打个赌,赌你内心的痛苦比你流露出来的要多。"
  • I grimaced at him, resisting the impulse to stick out my tongue like a five-year-old, and looked away.
  • 我冲他做了个鬼脸,忍住了像5岁的小孩那样吐舌头的冲动,把脸扭向了一边。
  • "Am I wrong?"
  • "我说错了吗?"
  • I tried to ignore him.
  • 我努力不去理他。
  • "I didn't think so," he murmured smugly.
  • "我可不这么认为哟,"他自鸣得意地说。
  • "Why does it matter to you?" I asked, irritated.
  • "这关你什么事呢?"我生气地问道。
  • I kept my eyes away, watching the teacher make his rounds.
  • 我眼睛仍然望在一边,看着老师巡回检查。
  • "That's a very good question," he muttered, so quietly that I wondered if he was talking to himself.
  • "这个问题问得非常好,"他低声说道,声音小得我还以为他是在跟自己说话呢。
  • However, after a few seconds of silence, I decided that was the only answer I was going to get.
  • 不过,沉默了几秒钟之后,我确定那是我会得到的惟一答案了。
  • I sighed, scowling at the blackboard.
  • 我叹了一口气,生气地瞪着黑板。
  • "Am I annoying you?" he asked.
  • "是不是我惹你生气了?"他问。
  • He sounded amused.
  • 他听上去很开心。
  • I glanced at him without thinking… and told the truth again.
  • 我想都没想,就瞥了他一眼……
  • "Not exactly. I'm more annoyed at myself.
  • 并且又一次告诉了他实话:"不全是你惹的。我更生我自己的气。
  • My face is so easy to read — my mother always calls me her open book." I frowned.
  • 我这张脸太不争气了,太容易看透了——我母亲总说我是她打开的书。"我皱起了眉头。
  • "On the contrary, I find you very difficult to read."
  • "恰恰相反,我发现你这本书太难读懂了。"
  • Despite everything that I'd said and he'd guessed, he sounded like he meant it.
  • 尽管我什么都说了,他也什么都猜对了,但听他的口气,好像说的是真心话。
  • "You must be a good reader then," I replied.
  • "那么,你肯定是个很会看书的人,"我回答说。
  • "Usually." He smiled widely, flashing a set of perfect, ultrawhite teeth.
  • "八九不离十吧。"他咧嘴一笑,露出了一口完美无缺、超白的牙齿。
  • Mr. Banner called the class to order then, and I turned with relief to listen.
  • 班纳先生这时让全班同学安静下来了,我舒了一口气,转过头来听讲。
  • I was in disbelief that I'd just explained my dreary life to this bizarre, beautiful boy who may or may not despise me.
  • 我简直不相信自己刚才把我枯燥无味的生活说给这个举止奇异、漂亮的男孩子听了,他可能会看不起我,也可能不会。
  • He'd seemed engrossed in our conversation, but now I could see, from the corner of my eye,
  • 我们聊天时他似乎全神贯注,可此刻,通过眼角的余光,
  • that he was leaning away from me again, his hands gripping the edge of the table with unmistakable tension.
  • 我可以看见他又歪向一边去了,他的双手抓着桌子的边缘,显而易见,紧张得不行。
  • I tried to appear attentive as Mr. Banner illustrated, with transparencies on the overhead projector,
  • 班纳先生用投影仪上的透明幻灯片讲解时,我努力摆出一副专心听讲的样子,
  • what I had seen without difficulty through the microscope.
  • 虽然讲解的都是那些我用显微镜不费吹灰之力看到过的东西。
  • But my thoughts were unmanageable.
  • 可我的思绪却硬是不听使唤。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

  "Phil travels a lot. He plays ball for a living." I half-smiled.

  "菲尔老东奔西跑。他以打球为生。"我似笑非笑地说道。

  "Have I heard of him?" he asked, smiling in response.

  "我听说过他吗?"他问,回了我一个微笑。

  "Probably not. He doesn't play well. Strictly minor league. He moves around a lot."

  "很可能没有。他的球打得不好。严格说来还在小联盟 混。他老是在东奔西跑的。"

  "And your mother sent you here so that she could travel with him." He said it as an assumption again, not a question.

  "所以你母亲就要你到这里来了,这样她就可以跟着到处跑了。"他又在主观臆断,而不是在问。

  My chin raised a fraction. "No, she did not send me here. I sent myself."

  我稍稍仰起头:"不,不是她要我来这里的,是我自己要来的。"

  His eyebrows knit together. "I don't understand," he admitted, and he seemed unnecessarily frustrated by that fact.

  他的两簇眉毛挤到了一起。"我不明白。"他承认道,而且他似乎对这个事实感到很失望,其实大可不必。

  I sighed. Why was I explaining this to him? He continued to stare at me with obvious curiosity.

  我叹了一口气。我干吗要跟他说这些呢?他仍旧目不转睛地盯着我,眼里充满了明显的好奇。

  "She stayed with me at first, but she missed him. It made her unhappyso I decided it was time to spend some quality time with Charlie." My voice was glum by the time I finished.

  我妈妈一开始一直和我一起生活,但是她也想念菲尔,这让她并不快乐……所以我决定是该跟查理好好袋一段时间,增进增进感情的时候了。"说完这句话的时候,我的声音已经有点儿凄凉了。

  "But now you're unhappy," he pointed out.

  "可现在你不快乐,"他指出。

  "And?" I challenged.

  "然后呢?"我向他事事都擅自做判断提出挑战。

  "That doesn't seem fair." He shrugged, but his eyes were still intense.

  "这似乎不公平。"他耸了耸肩,但他的眼神并没轻松下来。

  I laughed without humor. "Hasn't anyone ever told you? Life isn't fair."

  我哈哈一笑,一点儿都不幽默:"难道没人告诉过你吗?生活本来就是不公平的。"

  "I believe I have heard that somewhere before," he agreed dryly.

  "我相信以前是在什么地方听说过。"他干巴巴地说道。

  "So that's all," I insisted, wondering why he was still staring at me that way.

  "这不就结了嘛。"我坚持道,心里纳闷他干吗还是那样盯着我。

  His gaze became appraising. "You put on a good show," he said slowly. "But I'd be willing to bet that you're suffering more than you let anyone see."

  他的凝视变成了评判的眼神。"你的戏演得还真不错呢,"他一字一顿地说,"但是我倒很愿意打个赌,赌你内心的痛苦比你流露出来的要多。"

  I grimaced at him, resisting the impulse to stick out my tongue like a five-year-old, and looked away.

  我冲他做了个鬼脸,忍住了像5岁的小孩那样吐舌头的冲动,把脸扭向了一边。

  "Am I wrong?"

  "我说错了吗?"

  I tried to ignore him.

  我努力不去理他。

  "I didn't think so," he murmured smugly.

  "我可不这么认为哟,"他自鸣得意地说。

  "Why does it matter to you?" I asked, irritated. I kept my eyes away, watching the teacher make his rounds.

  "这关你什么事呢?"我生气地问道。我眼睛仍然望在一边,看着老师巡回检查。

  "That's a very good question," he muttered, so quietly that I wondered if he was talking to himself. However, after a few seconds of silence, I decided that was the only answer I was going to get.

  "这个问题问得非常好,"他低声说道,声音小得我还以为他是在跟自己说话呢。不过,沉默了几秒钟之后,我确定那是我会得到的惟一答案了。

  I sighed, scowling at the blackboard.

  我叹了一口气,生气地瞪着黑板。

  "Am I annoying you?" he asked. He sounded amused.

  "是不是我惹你生气了?"他问。他听上去很开心。

  I glanced at him without thinkingand told the truth again. "Not exactly. I'm more annoyed at myself. My face is so easy to readmy mother always calls me her open book." I frowned.

  我想都没想,就瞥了他一眼……并且又一次告诉了他实话:"不全是你惹的。我更生我自己的气。我这张脸太不争气了,太容易看透了——我母亲总说我是她打开的书。"我皱起了眉头。

  "On the contrary, I find you very difficult to read." Despite everything that I'd said and he'd guessed, he sounded like he meant it.

  "恰恰相反,我发现你这本书太难读懂了。"尽管我什么都说了,他也什么都猜对了,但听他的口气,好像说的是真心话。

  "You must be a good reader then," I replied.

  "那么,你肯定是个很会看书的人,"我回答说。

  "Usually." He smiled widely, flashing a set of perfect, ultrawhite teeth.

  "八九不离十吧。"他咧嘴一笑,露出了一口完美无缺、超白的牙齿。

  Mr. Banner called the class to order then, and I turned with relief to listen. I was in disbelief that I'd just explained my dreary life to this bizarre, beautiful boy who may or may not despise me. He'd seemed engrossed in our conversation, but now I could see, from the corner of my eye, that he was leaning away from me again, his hands gripping the edge of the table with unmistakable tension.

  班纳先生这时让全班同学安静下来了,我舒了一口气,转过头来听讲。我简直不相信自己刚才把我枯燥无味的生活说给这个举止奇异、漂亮的男孩子听了,他可能会看不起我,也可能不会。我们聊天时他似乎全神贯注,可此刻,通过眼角的余光,我可以看见他又歪向一边去了,他的双手抓着桌子的边缘,显而易见,紧张得不行。

  I tried to appear attentive as Mr. Banner illustrated, with transparencies on the overhead projector, what I had seen without difficulty through the microscope. But my thoughts were unmanageable.

  班纳先生用投影仪上的透明幻灯片讲解时,我努力摆出一副专心听讲的样子,虽然讲解的都是那些我用显微镜不费吹灰之力看到过的东西。可我的思绪却硬是不听使唤。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
relief [ri'li:f]

想一想再看

n. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比

联想记忆
engrossed [in'ɡrəust]

想一想再看

adj. 全神贯注的;专心致志的 v. 全神贯注(eng

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
stare [steə(r)]

想一想再看

v. 凝视,盯着看
n. 凝视

 
dreary ['driəri]

想一想再看

adj. 沉闷的,令人沮丧的,情绪低落的

联想记忆
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
ignore [ig'nɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 不顾,不理,忽视

联想记忆
amused [ə'mju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 有趣的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。