The Animals That Found a Home
动物有了一个家
The Animals Run Away
动物逃跑
Once a sheep was being fed in a pen so that he would get fat.
从前,一只绵羊被喂养在围栏里,这样它就能变胖了。
His master came one day to the pen and said, "Eat all you want, poor sheep. Soon I will take you to market and sell you. Then you will be killed and eaten."
有一天,它的主人到围栏这里说:“可怜的绵羊啊,你想吃什么就吃吧。我不久就把你带到集市卖掉。你会被杀了吃掉的。”
"I think I shall have something to say about that," thought the sheep.
“我想我有话要说。”绵羊想。
He ate all the food he could. Then he pushed against the door and got out.
它尽量吃光所有的食物,然后推开门走了出去。
"Now that I am out of this pen," said the sheep, "I will find my friend the pig."
“我现在出围栏了,”绵羊说,“我要去找我的朋友猪。”
The pig was in his pen eating corn.
猪正在它的围栏里吃谷物。
"Good-day, Friend Pig," said the sheep. "You are much fatter than the last time we met."
“你好啊,亲爱的猪,”绵羊说,“你比我们上次见面胖多了。”
"Good-day to you, my friend," grunted the pig.
“我的朋友,你好啊。”猪哼哼道。
The sheep asked, "Do you know why you are fed so well?"
绵羊问:“你知道你为什么被喂得这么好吗?”
"No." said the pig, and kept on eating.
“不知道。”猪说,说完继续吃东西。
"Well, eat all you want now, poor pig," said the sheep. "One of these days they will take you to market and sell you. And then you will be roast pig."
“那么,可怜的猪啊,尽可能地吃吧,”绵羊说,“总有一天,他们会把你带到集市卖掉。然后你就变成烤猪了。”
"I hope I shall have something to say about that," said the pig. "I certainly don't want to be roast pig."
“我希望我有话要说,”猪说,“我真不想变成烤猪。”
"Then leave your pen and come with me," said the sheep. "We will build a house and live together."
“那么离开围栏,和我一起走吧,”绵羊说,“我们建个房子一起生活。”
"Very well," said the pig. "I will do it."
“好啊,”猪说,“就这么做了。”
When they had gone a little farther, they came to a meadow. There they saw a fat goose. She was eating meal as fast as she could.
它们走远了一点儿,来到一片草地上。它们看到了一只胖鹅。它正尽可能快得吃东西。
"Good-day, Friend Goose," said the pig. "You are looking very fat."
“亲爱的鹅,你好,”猪说,“你看起来很胖。”
"Good-day to you," said the goose. "You are not very thin yourself."
“你好,”鹅说,“你自己也不瘦。”
"Do you know why you are fed so well?" asked the sheep.
绵羊问:“你知道自己为什么被喂得这么好吗?”
"No." said the goose, and went on eating.
“不知道。”鹅说,说完继续吃东西。
"Well, eat all you want, poor goose," said the sheep. "Soon you will be taken to market and sold. Then one of these days you will be roast goose."
“可怜的鹅啊,你想吃就吃吧。”绵羊说,“你不久就会被带到集市卖掉了。总有一天你会成为烤鹅的。”
"I hope I shall have something to say about that," said the goose. "I certainly don't want to be roast goose."
“我希望我有话要说,”鹅说,“我真不想变成烤鹅。”
"We are going to build a house in the forest," said the sheep.
“我们要在树林里建个房子。”绵羊说。
"Let me go with you." said the goose.
“让我一起去吧。”鹅说。
"What can you do?" asked the pig.
“你能做什么?”猪问。
"I can put mud in the cracks between the boards," said the goose. "Then the house will be warm."
“我可以把泥涂在木板的缝隙里。”鹅说,“这样房子就暖和了。”
"Come along." grunted the pig.
“一起走吧。”猪哼哼道。
When they had gone a little farther, they saw a rooster.
它们再往前走一点儿时,看到了一只公鸡。
"Good-day to you, Friend Rooster," said the sheep. "You are much fatter than you were the last time we met."
“亲爱的公鸡,你好,”绵羊说,“你比我们上次见面胖多了。”
"Good-day to you," said the rooster, "You are not very thin yourself."
“你好,”公鸡说,“你自己也不瘦。”
"Do you know why you are fed so well?" asked the sheep.
绵羊问:“你知道你为什么被喂得这么好吗?”
"No." said the rooster.
“不知道。”公鸡说。
"Soon you will be taken to market and sold," said the sheep. "Someone will cut off your head with a sharp ax, and you will be roasted and eaten."
“你不久就会被带到集市卖掉了。”绵羊说,“有人会用锋利的斧子砍断你的头,将你烤着吃了。”
"I hope I shall have something to say about that," said the rooster. "I certainly don't want to be killed and eaten. Where are you going, my friends?"
“我希望我有话说,”公鸡说,“我真不想被杀了吃掉。我的朋友,你们去哪儿?”
"We are going to the forest to build a house." said the sheep.
“我们要去树林里建个房子。”绵羊说。
"May I go, too?" asked the rooster.
“我能去吗?”公鸡问。
"What can you do?" asked the pig.
“你能做什么?”猪问。
"I can wake you early in the morning," said the rooster.
公鸡说:“我能早上叫醒你们。”
"Come along, then." said the sheep.
“那么一起走吧。”绵羊说。