手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 小学英语 > 小学英语教材视频 > 新概念小学英语 > 新概念英语第二册英音 > 正文

新概念英语第二册英音:L95 A fantasy

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

When the Ambassador or Escalopia returned home for lunch,

当艾斯卡罗比亚国的大使回到家吃午饭时
his wife got a shock.
把他的夫人吓了一跳
He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.
他面色苍白 衣服也搞得不成样子
'What has happened?' she asked.
发生了什么事 她问
'How did your clothes get into such a mess?'
你的衣服怎么搞得一塌糊涂
'A fire extinguisher, my dear,'
灭火器弄的 亲爱的
answered the Ambassador drily.
大使冷冷地回答
'University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.'
今天上午大学生们放火点着了大使馆
'Good heavens!' exclaimed his wife.
天啊 他的夫人惊叫
'And where were you at the time?'
那你当时在什么地方
'I was in my office as usual,' answered the Ambassador.
我和往常一样 在办公室里 大使回答说
'The fire broke out in the basement.
地下室突然着火
I went down immediately, of course,
我当然马上下去了
and that fool, Horst, aimed a fire extinguisher at me.
但那个傻瓜霍斯特 把灭火器对准了我
He thought I was on fire.
他认为是我着火了
I must definitely get that fellow posted.'
我一定要把那个家伙打发走
The Ambassador's wife went on asking questions,
大使夫人继续提出问题
when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat.
她突然又发现丈夫的帽子上有个洞
'And how can you explain that?' she asked.
那么你对那又作何解释呢 她问
'Oh, that,' said the Ambassador.
那个嘛 大使说
'Someone fired a shot through my office window.
有人向我办公室窗户开了一枪
Accurate, don't you think?
真够准的 是不是
Fortunately, I wasn't wearing it at the time.
幸亏我当时没戴帽子
If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch.'
如果真戴着它 我现在就不能回家来吃午饭了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
basement ['beismənt]

想一想再看

n. 根基,地下室
n.(新英格兰)特别

联想记忆
accurate ['ækjurit]

想一想再看

adj. 准确的,精确的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。