I love travelling in the country,
我喜欢在乡间旅行
but I don't like losing my way.
但却不愿意迷路
I went on an excursion recently,
最近我作了一次短途旅行
but my trip took me longer than I expected.
但这次旅行所花费的时间比我预计的要长
'I'm going to Woodford Green,'
我要去伍德福德草地
I said to the conductor as I got on the bus,
我一上车 就对售票员说
'but I don't know where it is.'
但我不知道它在那儿
'I'll tell you where to get off.'
我来告诉您在哪儿下车
answered the conductor.
售票员回答说
I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.
我坐在汽车的前部 以便饱览农村风光
After some time, the bus stopped.
过了一些时候 车停了
Looking round, I realized with a shock
我环视了一下身旁 惊奇地发现
that I was the only passenger left on the bus.
车里就只剩我一个乘客了
'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said.
您得在这里下车 售票员说
'This is as far as we go.'
我们的车就到此为止了
'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.
这里是伍德福德草地吗 我问道
'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly.
哎呀 售票员突然说
'I forgot to put you off.'
我忘了让您下车了
'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.'
没关系 我说 我就在这儿下吧
'We're going back now,' said the conductor.
我们现在要返回去 售票员说
'Well, in that case,
好吧 既然如此
I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.
我还是留在车上吧 我回答说