LESSON 45 What the sparrow chirps
第四十五课 麻雀在叫什么
I'm only a little sparrow,
A bird of low degree;
一种很低级的鸟类;
My life is of little value,—
我的生命没有价值,——
But there's One who cares for me.
但是有一个人很关心我。
He gave me a coat of feathers:
他给了我一身羽毛:
It is very plain, I know,
我知道,这只是很普通的羽毛,
With never a speck of crimson,
上面没有红斑,
For it was not made for show;
只因这并非用于展示;
But it keeps me warm in winter,
但是有了它,我冬天不再受冷,
And it shields me from the rain;
有了它,我雨天不再被淋;
Were it bordered with gold or purple,
黄色或紫色的羽毛,
Perhaps it would make me vain!
或许也无此等功用!
And now that the spring-time cometh.
既然春天已经来临。
I will build me a little nest,
在我最喜欢的地方,
With many a chirp of pleasure,
我会为自己建一个小窝,
In the spot I like the best.
充满欢乐的生活。
I have no barn or store-house,
我没有谷仓或储藏室,
I neither sow nor reap;
我也从来不播种,不收获;
God gives me a sparrow's portion,
上帝让我做一只麻雀,
But never a seed to keep.
却并未赐予我种子。
If my meal is sometimes scanty,
如果我缺乏食物,
Close picking makes it sweet;
我会在附近觅食;
I have always enough to feed me,
我从不挨饿,
And "life is more than meat."
而且,“生活不仅仅是吃。”
I know there are many sparrows—all over the world we are found;but our heavenly Father knoweth,when one of us falls to the ground.
我知道,麻雀很多—— 随处可见;但只有上帝知道我们的逝去。
Though small, we are never forgotten;
虽然渺小,我们却从未被遗忘;
Though weak, we are never afraid:
虽然脆弱,我们却不曾畏惧:
For we know there is One who keepeth,the life of the creatures He made.
因为我们知道,我们的生命属于造物主。
I fly through the thickest forest,
我飞过最茂密的森林,
I light on many a spray;
我在许多家门前停落;
I have no chart nor compass,
我没有地图,也没有指南针,
But I never lose my way.
但我从未迷路。
And I fold my wings at twilight,
黎明之际,我收起翅膀,
Wherever I happen to be;
无论此时的我身在何处;
For the Father is always watching,
因为上帝一直在旁观望,
And no harm will come to me.
不会让我受到伤害。