go dutch
各付各的
dutch courage
酒后之勇
Have you told her about your feelings?
你向她表白了吗?
Not yet.It's kind of scary.Maybe I should have a drink first.
还没呢。挺可怕的。也许我得先喝点酒壮壮胆子。
Oh,come on.Who needs Dutch courage? Be a real man and tell her!
谁需要酒后愚勇啊?做个真正的男人,直接告诉她!
dutch comfort
通过“比上有余”的方式来“ 冷”安慰别人的话语
Mark and l are over.I caught him in bed with Ursula.
Mark 和我分手了。我发现他和Ursula上床。
Welll.It could have been worse. At least you two weren't married.
还不算最糟糕。至少你们两个没结婚。
Is this supposed to make me feel better? You know,I've just been through a trauma.
你这么说是让我好过吗?我可是刚经历了巨大的创伤。
Dutch comfort is so not what I need right now.
现在不需要冷冰冰的安慰。
What do you expect me to say?
你想让我说什么呢?
I'm sorry to hear that ? I feel your pain? I've warned you about Mark.You wouldn't listen yo me.
我很抱歉听到你们分手的消息?我理解你的痛苦?我早就叫你小心Mark这个家伙了。你就是听不进去。
Dam it .why can't you just be a friend for once?
你就不能做个朋友,无条件支持我一下啊?
dutch uncle
批评起来毫不留情、不给批评对象任何台阶下的严厉之人
Most of the judges love your dish.
大多数评委都非常喜欢你的菜。
Frederick wasn't impressed though.
Frederick倒是觉得很一般。
He said it was bland boring and nothing special.
他说它很平淡、乏味,没什么特别之处。
How dare he say that?
他怎么敢这么说?
Who the heck does he think he is?
他以为他是谁啊?
Well. he always talks to me like a dutch uncle.
他跟我讲话也一向是这么不留情面的。
That's just the way he is.He wasn't trying to trash your dish.
他就是这么个人。他不是故意要贬低你的菜。
He honestly thought it was nothing special.
只是真的觉得它很普通。