手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 闻香识女人 > 正文

第31期:辩论获胜

来源:可可英语 编辑:leibeiyan   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Sir, you're out of order.

先生 你太过分了

I show you out of order.

我告诉你什么叫过分

You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask.

你根本不知道什么是过分 查斯克先生

I'd show you, but I'm too old,

我倒是想告诉你 但我太老了

I'm too tired, too fuckin' blind.

太累了 又他妈是个瞎子

If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!

要是五年前 我一准扛着火焰喷射器烧了这个鬼地方

Out of order? Who the hell you think you're talkin' to?

还过分 你知道我是谁吗

I've been around, you know?

我什么没见识过

There was a time I could see.

我可不是一直瞎

And I have seen.

我也有过见识

Boys like these, younger than these,

比他们还小的小伙子们

their arms torn out, their legs ripped off.

胳膊被扯下 腿被炸掉

But there is nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit.

但这些都不及残缺的灵魂 触目惊心

There is no prosthetic for that.

灵魂残缺了可没法补

You think you're merely sendin' this splendid foot soldier

你以为只是把这名出色的士兵

back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs,

灰溜溜地赶回俄勒冈老家

but I say you are executin' his soul!

但我说 你扼杀了他的灵魂

And why?

为什么

Because he's not a Baird man.

因为他不是博德人

Baird men.

还博德人

You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of you.

伤害了他 你就是博德渣 你们都是

And, Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, fuck you too!

哈利 吉米 特伦特 不知道你们坐在哪 干你们三个

Stand down, Mr. Slade!

请坐下 斯莱德先生

I'm not finished.

我还没说完

As I came in here, I heard those words: "Cradle of leadership."

我进来的时候 听到你说"领袖的摇篮"

Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, and it has fallen here.

上面没了脊梁 摇篮就会掉下来 我看已经掉了

It has fallen.

已经垮掉了

Makers of men, creators of leaders.

造就男子汉 培养领袖

Be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here.

看你们培养了什么领袖

I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong.

我不知道查理今天缄口不言是对是错

I'm not a judge or jury.

我没有权力裁决

But I can tell you this:

但我知道

he won't sell anybody out to buy his future!

他不会为了自己的前途 而出卖他人

And that, my friends, is called integrity.

朋友们 这叫正直

That's called courage.

这叫勇气

Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of.

这才是领袖该有的品质

Now I have come to the crossroads in my life.

我如今也到了人生的岔路口

I always knew what the right path was.

我总是清楚该走哪条路

Without exception, I knew, but I never took it.

无一例外 我都清楚 但我从没走过

You know why?

知道为什么吗

It was too damn hard.

因为太难了

Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads.

而查理 他来到岔路口

He has chosen a path.

他做出了选择

It's the right path.

选择了正确的路

It's a path made of principle, that leads to character.

一条有原则的 能有所作为的路

Let him continue on his journey.

让他走下去吧

You hold this boy's future in your hands, Committee.

委员会 这小伙子的未来在你们手里

It's a valuable future, believe me.

他能有所作为 相信我

Don't destroy it. Protect it.

别毁了它 保护好它

Embrace it.

支持它

It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.

有一天你们会深感自豪的 我保证

重点单词   查看全部解释    
exception [ik'sepʃən]

想一想再看

n. 除外,例外,[律]异议,反对

 
jury ['dʒuəri]

想一想再看

n. 陪审团,评委会
adj. 临时用的

联想记忆
embrace [im'breis]

想一想再看

v. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉
n. 拥抱

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
principle ['prinsəpl]

想一想再看

n. 原则,原理,主义,信念

 
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆
merely ['miəli]

想一想再看

adv. 仅仅,只不过

 
integrity [in'tegriti]

想一想再看

n. 诚实,正直,完整,完善

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 第26期:唤起生存欲望 2023-12-31
  • 第27期:学校公审日到来 2023-12-31
  • 第28期:审问乔治 2023-12-31
  • 第29期:审问查理 2023-12-31
  • 第30期:为查理辩护 2024-01-01
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。