手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 闻香识女人 > 正文

第15期:坚持原则

来源:可可英语 编辑:leibeiyan   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Tell me now, Charlie.
  • 告诉我 查理
  • This, uh, George Willis, Junior, what's his father do?
  • 这个小乔治·威利 他爸做什么的
  • I don't really know.
  • 我也不太清楚
  • Well, I'm gonna tell you.
  • 那么我告诉你
  • When George Willis, Sr.,
  • 老乔治·威利
  • isn't busy as a million-dollar man for Aetna Casualty,
  • 不忙着做安泰保险公司的股东
  • or is it New England Distributor for the Chrysler Corporation,
  • 也不忙着做克莱斯勒汽车公司 在新英格兰的经销商时
  • he concerns himself with his young son, George Willis, Junior.
  • 他就会想起他的儿子 小乔治·威利
  • George isn't going to say anything to his father.
  • 乔治不会告诉他爸的
  • Oh, Charlie.
  • 我说查理啊
  • Big George is gonna wind up Little George,
  • 老乔治给小乔治上紧了发条
  • and Little George is gonna sing like a canary.
  • 小乔治就能唱得天花乱坠
  • And if you're hip, kid, you're gonna hop to, too.
  • 你要是心情好 就跟着他跳吧
  • You've got this all figured out, don't you?
  • 你都看透了是吗
  • Well,I don't take no Young America merit scholarship to figure this one out.
  • 看透这些又不需要拿全美杰出青年奖学金
  • Charlie, you had a little life,
  • 查理 你出身卑微
  • so you decided to go to the Baird School to put yourself in the market for a big one.
  • 之所以来博德念书 无非是想让自己更有竞争力
  • Now, in order to stay in the running,
  • 现在 要想竞争下去
  • you're gonna have to tell these people what they want to know.
  • 就得说出他们想要知道的
  • You think so?
  • 你真这样想
  • Are we finished, Sofia? Yes.
  • 好了吗 索非亚 是的
  • Grazie. Grazie.
  • 谢谢 谢谢
  • Charlie, if you don't sing now,
  • 查理 要是你现在不说
  • you're gonna end up,
  • 将来你的结局就是
  • not only shelving biscuits in some convenience store in the Oregon burbs,
  • 在俄勒冈乡下的便利店里理货
  • probably the last word you'll ever hear yourself say
  • 咽气前说的最后一句话
  • just before you croak
  • 估计还是
  • gonna be, "Have a nice day and come back soon."
  • "祝您愉快 欢迎再次光临"
  • Sofia!
  • 索非亚
  • Measure up Charlie, pronto.
  • 赶快量量查理的尺寸
  • We got a date for Thanksgiving.
  • 我们要赴感恩节宴会
  • We got a date?
  • 宴会
  • My brother's place.
  • 去我哥哥家
  • W.R. Slade, White Plains, New York.
  • 纽约白原市的W·R·斯莱德
  • Colonel, I can't go with you to your brother's place.
  • 中校 我不能去你哥哥家
  • I mean, I should be getting back to school.
  • 我得回学校去
  • Well, you gotta have Thanksgiving somewhere.
  • 你总得过感恩节吧
  • I mean, eats and treats. I could use the company, Charlie.
  • 吃点喝点 正好陪我一起
  • All right. Does he know I'm comin'?
  • 好吧 他知道我去吗
  • He doesn't know I'm comin'.
  • 他都不知道我去
  • But wait till you see the look on his face, when I walk through the door.
  • 注意看我进门后他的表情
  • Oh, he loves me!他可喜欢我了
  • there are two kinds of people in this world:
  • 世界上有两种人
  • those who stand up and face the music,
  • 一种直面困难
  • and those who run for cover.
  • 一种缩回洞里
  • Cover's better.
  • 还是洞里好
  • Okay, Sofia, suit 'im up!
  • 好了 索非亚 快改衣服
  • Make him pretty!
  • 弄帅一点


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Tell me now, Charlie.

告诉我 查理

This, uh, George Willis, Junior, what's his father do?

这个小乔治·威利 他爸做什么的

I don't really know.

我也不太清楚

Well, I'm gonna tell you.

那么我告诉你

When George Willis, Sr.,

老乔治·威利

isn't busy as a million-dollar man for Aetna Casualty,

不忙着做安泰保险公司的股东

or is it New England Distributor

也不忙着做克莱斯勒汽车公司

for the Chrysler Corporation,

在新英格兰的经销商时

he concerns himself with his young son, George Willis, Junior.

他就会想起他的儿子 小乔治·威利

George isn't going to say anything to his father.

乔治不会告诉他爸的

Oh, Charlie.

我说查理啊

Big George is gonna wind up Little George,

老乔治给小乔治上紧了发条

and Little George is gonna sing like a canary.

小乔治就能唱得天花乱坠

And if you're hip, kid, you're gonna hop to, too.

你要是心情好 就跟着他跳吧

You've got this all figured out, don't you?

你都看透了是吗

WellI don't take no Young America merit scholarship to figure this one out.

看透这些又不需要拿全美杰出青年奖学金

Charlie, you had a little life,

查理 你出身卑微

so you decided to go to the Baird School

之所以来博德念书

to put yourself in the market for a big one.

无非是想让自己更有竞争力

Now, in order to stay in the running,

现在 要想竞争下去

you're gonna have to tell these people what they want to know.

就得说出他们想要知道的

You think so?

你真这样想

Are we finished, Sofia? Yes.

好了吗 索非亚 是的

Grazie. Grazie.

谢谢 谢谢

Charlie,

查理

if you don't sing now,

要是你现在不说

you're gonna end up, not only shelving biscuits

将来你的结局就是

in some convenience store in the Oregon burbs,

在俄勒冈乡下的便利店里理货

probably the last word you'll ever hear yourself say

咽气前说的最后一句话

just before you croak

估计还是

gonna be, "Have a nice day and come back soon."

"祝您愉快 欢迎再次光临"

Sofia!

索非亚

Measure up Charlie, pronto.

赶快量量查理的尺寸

We got a date for Thanksgiving.

我们要赴感恩节宴会

We got a date?

宴会

My brother's place.

去我哥哥家

W.R. Slade, White Plains, New York.

纽约白原市的W·R·斯莱德

Colonel, I can't go with you to your brother's place.

中校 我不能去你哥哥家

I mean, I should be getting back to school.

我得回学校去

Well, you gotta have Thanksgiving somewhere.

你总得过感恩节吧

I mean, eats and treats. I could use the company, Charlie.

吃点喝点 正好陪我一起

All right. Does he know I'm comin'?

好吧 他知道我去吗

He doesn't know I'm comin'.

他都不知道我去

But wait till you see the look on his face,

注意看我进门后

when I walk through the door.

他的表情

Oh, he loves me!

他可喜欢我了

Oh, Charlie, about your little problem,

查理 至于你的小问题

there are two kinds of people in this world:

世界上有两种人

those who stand up and face the music,

一种直面困难

and those who run for cover.

一种缩回洞里

Cover's better.

还是洞里好

Okay, Sofia, suit 'im up!

好了 索非亚 快改衣服

Make him pretty!

弄帅一点

重点单词   查看全部解释    
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
corporation [.kɔ:pə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 公司,法人,集团

联想记忆
canary [kə'nɛəri]

想一想再看

n. 金丝雀,加那利舞,加那利白葡萄酒,告密者

联想记忆
croak [krəuk]

想一想再看

v. 嗄嗄叫,发牢骚,死 n. 嗄嗄声,哇哇声

联想记忆
convenience [kən'vi:njəns]

想一想再看

n. 适宜,便利,便利设施,方便的时间,舒适

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 第10期:飞往纽约 2023-12-22
  • 第11期:入住华尔道夫酒店 2023-12-22
  • 第12期:如实相告 2023-12-25
  • 第13期:吃豪华大餐 2023-12-25
  • 第14期:定制高端大衣 2023-12-26
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。