Mr. Simms.
西姆斯先生
I'm not quite through with you yet.
对你 我还有话要说
One of the few perks of this office is that I am empowered to handle certain matters on my own as I see fit.
身为校长 有个好处 我有权亲自处理一些校务
Do you understand?
明白我意思吗
- Yes, sir. - Good.
-明白 先生 -很好
The Dean of Admissions at Harvard and I have an arrangement.
哈佛大学招生办主任跟我有协议
Along with the usual sheaf of applicants submitted by Baird,
包括博德学生申请哈佛的相关事宜
of which virtually, oh, two-thirds are guaranteed admittance,
其实呢 三分之二的学生都已经内定
I add one name,
但我有一个名额
somebody who's a standout and yet, underprivileged,
可以是个优秀的贫困生
a student who cannot afford to pay the board and tuition in Cambridge.
是个负担不起食宿和学费的学生
Do you know on whose behalf I drafted a memo this year?
知道今年我准备提名谁吗
- No, sir. - You. You, Mr. Simms.
-不知道 -是你 西姆斯先生
Now can you tell me who did it?
现在可以告诉我是谁干的吗
No, sir, I can't.
不 先生 我不能说
You take the weekend to think about it, Mr. Simms.
这周末你回去好好想想 西姆斯先生
Good afternoon.
下午愉快