What happens if I just ask you something straight out?
我能不能问一句特别直接的话
Try it and see.
说来听听
Did you tell Yvonne to leave her phone at lunch?
是你让伊冯在午餐时落下手机的吗
Yes.
是
To prove to her that she shouldn't trust me.
为了让她知道她不该信任我
That's what I told her.
我也是这么说的
Yeah, but then you never told her that I took it.
但是你没告诉她是我拿的
No.
没有
Because that's not really why you set it up.
因为你的目的并不在此
You wanted me to have it, you wanted me to find something.
你要我拿到它 要我发现什么东西
That sounds very elaborate.
还真是费尽心思
Yes, but this way it wouldn't look
对 但这样的话
Like you're passing me campaign information?
好像你想透露给我一些竞选信息
You could have plausible deniability
如果不是我真的发现了什么
if I ever actually found something.
你本可以合理地否认这一切
I'm sorry..
斯宾塞
...about your mother, Spencer.
我为你的母亲感到抱歉
I'm praying that she'll be alright.
我祈祷她一切都好
Why did you go through all this trouble?
你为什么要趟这趟浑水
Because it's wrong..
因为这一切都是错的
...What they wanna do.
他们要做的事情是错的
The campaign's gonna leak the report.
竞选团队会泄露这份报告
It'll look like your mother is unworthy of the public trust.
让你母亲看起来不值得公众的信任
Does Yvonne know?
伊万知道吗
I'm sure she doesn't.
我很确定她不知道
I doubt her mother knows.
但我怀疑她母亲知道了
Plausible deniability.
她的推诿太假了
Right.
也对
Oh, my god, Spence, are you..
我的天哪 斯宾塞 你难道
You didn't know your mother was sick?
你难道不知道你母亲生病了吗
I'm so sorry, II thought that you must
对不起 我还以为你一定
Thank you, Mona.
谢谢你 梦娜
What the clinic tell about the accident?
诊所对于昨晚的事故怎么说
Mechanical failure. She believes that?
他们说是机器故障 她相信吗
What do you mean does she believe it?
你说这话是什么意思
Well, the way we rushed back here, I wondered if..
刚才我们赶来的时候 我在想
...maybe she thought it was more than that.
或许她觉得不仅仅是机器故障这么简单
Because she's a woman pumped with hormones?
因为她是一个摄入太多荷尔蒙的女人吗
Because of the things she's been through
是因为她和你以及你朋友
with you and your friends in the past.
过去经历的那些事
Okay, so she's not hormonal
所以你的意思是
She's paranoid, is that what you mean?
她并不是荷尔蒙过多 而是有妄想症吗
I don't think I'm not doing very well in this conversation.
我觉得我没法好好进行这场谈话了
You started it.
是你先开始的