I pictured his triumphs eclipsing those of my contemporaries.
我想象着他的成功让我在同龄人中脱颖而出
And how gratifying that would be.
想象着那种满足感
Suddenly, my thoughts darkened.
可一转念 我突然变得黑暗起来
These victories...
那些成功
how desperate to claim them as mine.
我多希望是我自己
They would be his.
那都是他的成功
Um... my dad, like, whenever he sees
我爹吧 不管他从哪看到
a photo of me on the Internet or in a magazine,
我的照片 杂志上 网上
for some reason he thinks it's, like, my obituary.
他都会觉得这是我的讣告
And that I've, like, died.
就好像 我挂了一样
It sounds like your dad might be a little bit crazy.
听起来你老爹有点不正常啊
Crazy? Uh, yeah, a little. I would say, um...
有点疯 是有那么一点
Like, maybe this? Maybe, yeah.
大概这么多 对对 再多点
Maybe a little more than that.
可能还要多一点
Maybe a little bit more than a little. Yeah, yeah.
可能比这个还多 对吧
What if Troy lorded his success over me,
要是特洛伊用他的成功来打击我怎么办
or hoarded it away?
或者把它藏起来
It sounds like your father might be mentally ill,
感觉你老爹精神有点问题啊
in need of some help.
需要看病了
What if, in the end,
要是 到了最后
Troy's wins made me feel even more the failure?
儿子的成功让我更相形见绌怎么办
What if I became envious of my own son?
要是我连儿子都开始嫉妒怎么办
The thought horrified me.
我不敢往下想了