Not being invited to Nick's wedding confirmed a creeping fear.
尼克结婚没叫我 证实了我那种诡异的恐惧感
Not only had I not lived up to my own expectations,
我不仅自己没过处自己想要的生活
I'd failed in the eyes of others.
别人眼里 我也混得不行
I pictured the wedding party.
我脑补着婚礼现场
Everyone there,
大家欢聚一堂
basking in each other's glow.
沐浴在各自的光环中
It wasn't friendship that bonded them,
联接他们的不是友情
but a perceived level of success.
而是特定阶层的成功
Whether I was forgotten or excluded...
不管我是被忘了还是被排挤了
made no difference.
没区别的
I was off the list.
我就不在圈子里
A nobody.
平庸之辈
A nothing.
碌碌无为
The world hated me, and the feeling was mutual.
这世界讨厌我 而我也讨厌它