The night before we left, I couldn't sleep.
出发前的那一宿 我怎么都睡不着
I couldn't stop thinking about Chris Kanew,
翻来覆去想着克里斯·肯尼
and how he quit,
想他辞职的事
and all the things he said.
想他辞职时候说的话
Brad, I loved working with you so much,
布拉德 我是真挺喜欢当你伙计的
and I learned a lot from you, but this job has made me...
你呢 教了我不少 但是这个活吧
kind of depressed.
让我挺压抑的
I thought about how I'd taught this kid everything I knew,
我对这小子可以说是倾囊相授
and how he was my only employee,
我就这么一个员工
and... how pathetic it all was.
结果呢 简直是悲剧
Then my mind drifted to the dinner party.
然后我就想到那顿饭
And the Architectural Digest.
想到《建筑文摘》
She has a teenage daughter.
她女儿十几岁吧
We were talking about cheese. You got to try this.
我们刚说到奶酪 来尝尝这个
This is, like, an imitation Comté.
吃着很像孔泰奶酪
Really? But instead of organic...
是吗 不过不是有机的
Isn't that your friend from college?
那不是你大学同学吗
I knew Nick had become rich and successful, but...
我知道 尼克现在是成功人士了
I felt gutpunched.
我可就扎心了