手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第四季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第6集 伪君子说谎而不自知

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Afghanistan.
  • 阿富汗
  • Iraq?
  • 伊拉克
  • Excuse me?
  • 请问你是...
  • Coalition of the Willing.
  • 自愿联盟的
  • Basra.
  • 巴士拉
  • What division?
  • 哪个部队的
  • 2nd Battalion, Royal Welsh.
  • 第二营,皇家威尔士
  • You were testing me, weren't you?
  • 你在测试我,对吧
  • Thought I was lying.
  • 以为我在撒谎
  • Never.
  • 没有
  • Here you go.
  • 你请坐
  • I'm fine.
  • 不用
  • No, you're all right.
  • 不,你坐吧
  • I can't sit while a woman's standing.
  • 不能看女人站着我坐着
  • Hey, move it. Idiot.
  • 起来,蠢蛋
  • How gallant. Thank you.
  • 真有风度,谢谢
  • Excuse me.
  • 失陪一下
  • Ah, Mr. Saverese.
  • 赛弗里斯先生
  • I was just coming for you.
  • 我正要找你
  • Great, I was just ready to be come for.
  • 很好,我刚准备好被找
  • So, you feeling good, Alicia?
  • 感觉不错嘛,艾丽西娅
  • Feeling lucky?
  • 很幸运吧
  • Ah, about the bid.
  • 你说竞标的事啊
  • Um, yes, I think you're in very good shape, Mr. Saverese.
  • 对,我觉得你状态很好,赛弗里斯先生
  • I'm on hold.
  • 我在等着
  • "You're"? What happened to "we're"?
  • 是"你"吗,怎么不是"我们"
  • I get this 25 million for the city's tow truck business,
  • 我在政府的拖车项目中获利2500万
  • that's five percent to you.
  • 你们可以得到5%分成
  • I think we're in very good shape, Mr. Saverese.
  • 我觉得我们状态都很好,赛弗里斯先生
  • Yes. Hello?
  • 对,你好
  • No, this is Cary. Yes.
  • 不,我是凯里,对
  • Are you sure?
  • 你确定吗
  • Don't do this.
  • 别这样
  • Okay, well, find out more.
  • 好的,继续找
  • It went to Streckler Automotive.
  • 被斯特克勒汽车公司拿下了
  • I'm going to sue them.
  • 我要起诉他们
  • They said it was a close bid. You were second.
  • 他们说结果很接近,你是第二名
  • I don't care if I was eighth.
  • 就算是第八名也无所谓
  • They cheated. I had a black partner.
  • 他们作弊,我可有个黑人搭档
  • Well, they had diversity, too.
  • 他们也很多元
  • And a female partner.
  • 有个女性搭档
  • Okay, this is what I want to do.
  • 好了,我打算这么做
  • I want you to check out
  • 你去查查
  • Streckler and Doo-Dah-- whatever they're called--
  • 斯特克勒和那什么,管他叫什么
  • because they paid somebody off.
  • 因为他们行贿了
  • You paid somebody off.
  • 你也行贿了
  • Whose side are you on?
  • 你是哪边的啊
  • I paid somebody off because they were.
  • 他们行贿我才行贿的
  • All right?
  • 可以吗
  • Your Honor?
  • 法官阁下
  • Mr. Gardner.
  • 加德纳先生
  • Um, why are you here?
  • 您怎么在这
  • To court-martial you.
  • 来带你去军事法庭
  • To see Alicia Florrick.
  • 来看艾丽西娅·福瑞克
  • Well, does she know you're here?
  • 她知道您来了吗
  • I gave my name.
  • 我登记了
  • Yes, but I don't... I mean, maybe she didn't...
  • 对,但我不...她可能还不...
  • Come-come with me.
  • 跟我来吧
  • Are you Maddie Hayward, the CEO?
  • 你是玛蒂·海沃德吗,那个首席执行官
  • Yes, I am.
  • 对,我是
  • Mandy Post, Synth Magazine.
  • 我是曼蒂·珀斯特,合成杂志社的
  • Nice to meet you.
  • 幸会
  • Sorry-- once a reporter, always a reporter.
  • 抱歉,一日记者,终生难改
  • Given your support for Peter Florrick,
  • 鉴于你在支持彼得·福瑞克
  • do you have any comment on this story
  • 你对他跟竞选工作人员上床这事
  • that he slept with a campaign worker?
  • 有何看法
  • Judge Kuhn...
  • 库恩法官
  • I'm surprised.
  • 没想到您会来
  • Yes, Mrs. Florrick, this was a bit spontaneous.
  • 是的,福瑞克女士,是有些唐突
  • I don't need you, Mr. Gardner.
  • 不需要你在这,加德纳先生
  • Um, he's a partner.
  • 他是合伙人
  • I'm only a fourth year.
  • 我只是个四年律师
  • I know. But I don't need you.
  • 我知道,但我不需要你
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢
  • You're welcome.
  • 不客气
  • I was on a judicial panel
  • 我参加了一个专案审判组
  • studying the mainstreaming of gender in the military,
  • 主审关于军队性别主流化的案件
  • and there was a speaker
  • 但有个申诉者的问题
  • who had an issue our panel could not address.
  • 我们无法裁决
  • I would like you to meet her.
  • 希望你能见见她
  • You would like me... Yes.
  • 你希望我...对
  • She's a member of the JAG Corps,
  • 她是军法署的成员
  • and she was attacked last year while in Afghanistan.
  • 去年在阿富汗时被袭
  • In what way attacked?
  • 怎么被袭的
  • By a man on the base.
  • 在总部被一个男人袭击
  • He tried to rape her.
  • 他企图强奸她
  • And you want me to... Represent her.
  • 你想让我...做她的代表律师
  • I'm sorry, I find myself a little lost here, Your Honor.
  • 抱歉,我有点迷糊,法官阁下
  • She needs a lawyer, but she's a military lawyer.
  • 她需要一名律师,但她本身就是军事律师
  • Yes. Is she in trouble?
  • 对,她有麻烦在身吗
  • No. She's suing.
  • 不,她在起诉
  • Who is she suing? She can't sue the military.
  • 起诉谁,她不能起诉军队
  • The attacker was an employee of Martinel Security,
  • 袭击者是马氏保安公司的雇员
  • one of the independent contractors in Afghanistan.
  • 该公司是在阿富汗的独立承包商之一
  • Given the evidence was deemed insufficient
  • 鉴于证据不足
  • for criminal prosecution,
  • 无法提起刑事诉讼
  • she decided to sue in civil court.
  • 她决定去民事法庭起诉
  • I see.
  • 明白了
  • And can I ask you why me?
  • 我能问下为什么找我吗
  • I didn't think it went so well last time in court.
  • 我上次上庭的表现可不怎么样
  • Everyone deserves a second chance.
  • 人人都该有第二次机会
  • Eli.
  • 伊莱
  • Ah, Mandy.
  • 曼蒂
  • Here to exercise your particular brand
  • 来这练习你的招牌新闻态度
  • of "gotcha" journalism?
  • "抓到你的小辫子咯"吗
  • We're printing the story, Eli.
  • 我们要发表故事了,伊莱
  • You're printing a story you know is untrue?
  • 你们要发表一篇明知其为不实的故事
  • No, we are printing a story that has become a topic of conversation.
  • 不,我们要发表一篇成为热议话题的故事
  • It's only become a topic of conversation because
  • 成为热议话题都是因为
  • some blogger who lives in his mom's apartment put it out there.
  • 某个住在老妈公寓的博主把它挂到网上
  • When did the mainstream media become such a bitch of the blogosphere?
  • 堂堂主流媒体什么时候也去博客圈干龌龊事了
  • Good quote. Want that in the online edition?
  • 很会引经据典嘛,想看看电子版吗
  • Go to hell.
  • 去死吧
  • We're running the story on Monday, Eli.
  • 星期一正式见报,伊莱
  • And Maddie Hayward was here.
  • 玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这
  • Sh... what?
  • 她...什么
  • Maddie Hayward was here?
  • 玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这
  • No, she left.
  • 别去了,她走了
  • She wasn't here for you, Eli.
  • 她不是来找你的,伊莱
  • The figures for the discretionary fund...
  • 自主管理的基金数目...
  • Who are you?
  • 你们是谁
  • I am still a partner here.
  • 我还是这里的合伙人
  • You can't just give away my office.
  • 你不可以就这么把我的办公室让出去
  • I can, and I did.
  • 我可以,我已经做了
  • Well, this sucks.
  • 太烂了
  • Diane, what is going on here?
  • 戴安,这是什么情况
  • Mr. Gold, you are on a campaign.
  • 戈德先生,你忙于竞选
  • The last time you used your office was two months ago.
  • 你上一次用办公室是两个月前了
  • We cannot afford a part-time lawyer taking up office space.
  • 让兼职律师占用办公空间,我们承担不起
  • No, you can't afford to piss me off.
  • 不,惹恼我你才承担不起
  • My candidate wins, we bring millions of business here.
  • 等我的候选人获胜,能给这带来大笔生意
  • Your candidate wins, you'll bring it here anyway.
  • 等你的候选人获胜,你怎样都得带生意过来
  • You have $250,000 in capital contribution,
  • 资本投入里有你25万
  • five percent of the yearly draw.
  • 每年获利5%
  • You go somewhere else, you lose that.
  • 你要是去别处,这钱就没了
  • This is just stupid here.
  • 这太蠢了
  • All of September.
  • 整个九月
  • One, two...
  • 一,二
  • Captain Hellinger?
  • 海灵格上尉
  • This is the civilian lawyer we discussed,
  • 这是我跟你说过的民事律师
  • Alicia Florrick. Oh, yes.
  • 艾丽西娅·福瑞克,对
  • Thank you, Colonel, but I've decided I'm fine on my own.
  • 谢谢你,上校,但我决定自己来就行了
  • I'm pursuing this pro se.
  • 我要自己处理这事
  • I understand. Good luck.
  • 我理解,祝你好运
  • One second, Mrs. Florrick.
  • 等一下,福瑞克夫人
  • You need her.
  • 你需要她
  • You need someone who knows civil court.
  • 你需要一位熟悉民事法庭的律师
  • I'm fine.
  • 我能行
  • I-I have to argue this brief in two hours, I can't...
  • 我...我两小时后要开庭,不能...
  • And that's why you need her.
  • 所以你需要她
  • At least let her read the brief.
  • 至少让她看一下诉状
  • Mrs. Florrick, do you mind reading a motion to compel?
  • 福瑞克夫人,你介意看一下强制动议吗
  • Actually, I don't want to intrude. You're not intruding.
  • 实际上,我不想强行插手,你没有
  • Captain. Ask her if she will read your brief.
  • 上尉,你亲自问她是否愿意看你的诉状
  • It's just a motion to compel the production of a witness.
  • 这只是强制证人出庭的动议而已
  • Nothing too elaborate.
  • 没什么难的
  • I can see that.
  • 我能看出来
  • I'm trying to keep it simple...
  • 我想尽量言简意赅...
  • Well? It's well-reasoned.
  • 怎么样,理由很充分
  • Thank you. Any pointers?
  • 谢谢,请问有何指教
  • You won't win the motion.
  • 你的动议会被否决
  • But you just said it was well-reasoned.
  • 你刚说了理由充分
  • Cook County judges don't decide merely on reason.
  • 库克县的法官不会仅凭理由充分而做出裁决
  • They decide on fear of being overturned on appeal.
  • 害怕裁决在上诉中被推翻才是他们要考虑的
  • And they have nothing to fear here.
  • 但本案中他们没什么可以怕的
  • They can sense when something's been written by a novice.
  • 他们能感觉到这是新手写的
  • Sorry, but that's what you are.
  • 对不起,但你就是新手
  • I have 12 years in the JAG Corps.
  • 我在军法署工作了12年
  • Yes, and the judges will sense that.
  • 是的,法官能看出来
  • The writing is too perfect, too neat.
  • 你的文笔过于完美和流畅
  • You need to pull back on all the adjectives.
  • 你需要删掉所有的形容词
  • Are you serious? Yes.
  • 你认真的吗,是的
  • What do you suggest, Mrs. Florrick?
  • 你有什么建议,福瑞克夫人
  • Well, this is a motion for Martinel Security
  • 这个动议要求马氏保安公司
  • to present your attacker in court for questioning?
  • 指派侵犯你的人出庭接受质询
  • Yes. Ricky Waters.
  • 是的,瑞奇·沃特斯
  • And you don't know where Mr. Waters is being stationed in Afghanistan?
  • 你不知道沃特斯先生在阿富汗何处驻扎
  • They won't respond to my discovery requests.
  • 他们不理会我的请求
  • Well, first, you don't ask them.
  • 首先,不要问他们
  • They'll lie either way.
  • 不管怎样他们都会撒谎
  • You find out yourself.
  • 你必须自己找到答案
  • And how do I do that?
  • 我要怎么做
  • Consultation's over.
  • 咨询时间结束
  • Am I hired?
  • 我被雇用了吗
  • Thanks for doing this.
  • 谢谢你帮我
  • It comes out on Monday, so I need to be ready.
  • 文章会在下周一刊登,我必须准备好
  • I need something on the magazine or the editors or the writer.
  • 我需要杂志或编辑或作者的丑闻
  • They're all Democrats, so it can't be politics.
  • 他们都是民主党人,所以不能是政治方面的
  • Some bias in their background,
  • 可以是对他们背景的偏见
  • a job they didn't get, a lawsuit.
  • 他们没得到的工作,或者是官司
  • Don't worry if it's obscure.
  • 模糊信息也无所谓
  • Just give me something I can build on.
  • 只要是我能拿来炒作的就可以
  • Kalinda.
  • 凯琳达
  • Are you here with me?
  • 你听到我的话了吗
  • Are you being investigated by the Feds?
  • 你正在接受联邦政府的调查么
  • No. I don't know. Am I? Why?
  • 没有,我不知道,我有吗,为什么
  • Everybody's investigated at some point or another.
  • 每个人都会因为一些事情被调查
  • Wh-Why? What are you hearing?
  • 怎...怎么了,你听到什么消息了
  • Well, I'm not hearing anything.
  • 我没听到任何消息
  • Okay, so what are we talking about?
  • 好的,所以你想说什么
  • Where'd you get this?
  • 你从哪儿弄到的
  • I can't say.
  • 我不能说
  • Well, what is it?
  • 它意味着什么
  • I don't know.
  • 我不知道
  • Kalinda, what the hell?
  • 凯琳达,搞什么
  • It's from a federal investigation.
  • 它来自一桩联邦调查
  • The question is: Is this a photo about you or me?
  • 问题是,照片的主人公是你还是我
  • Address and telephone number.
  • 地址和电话
  • Wow. Thanks.
  • 谢谢
  • You don't seem happy.
  • 你看起来不高兴
  • It's just... I'm just busy.
  • 只是因为...我太忙了
  • Your husband lost his bid.
  • 你的丈夫输掉了投标
  • He won't be doing business in Chicago.
  • 他不会在芝加哥做生意了
  • Hello, everyone.
  • 大家好
  • I hope you're staying cool...
  • 尽管11月的今天不同寻常的炎热
  • today on this unusually hot November day.
  • 我还是希望你们保持冷静
  • And, uh, I hope you don't mind me saying,
  • 请别介意我这样说
  • "Global warming: one, skeptics: zero."
  • 全球变暖一分,怀疑者零分
  • Anyway, um, I believe we have a motion to consider?
  • 言归正传,我们是否有一项动议要讨论?
  • Yes, Your Honor.
  • 是的,法官阁下
  • My client is suing the military contractor Martinel Security
  • 我当事人要起诉军事承包商马氏保安公司
  • for the actions of an employee who tried to rape her.
  • 该公司的一位员工试图强奸她
  • And I see that she herself is military personnel.
  • 我看到她本身是军职人员
  • Welcome. I have great respect for all those in uniform
  • 欢迎,尽管政府征兵的目的有待商榷
  • no matter how our government sees fit to employ them.
  • 我对军人仍怀着崇高的敬意
  • Now, let's see. Oh, you were moving for the return
  • 现在回到案件,你想让身在国外的人
  • of a witness from overseas.
  • 回国出庭作证
  • Actually, your honor, there's been new information.
  • 实际上,法官阁下,有点新情况
  • The witness, Ricky Waters, was transported back to the States
  • 证人瑞奇·沃特斯回国休假两周
  • on two-week leave, and is a mere 12 miles from here, in Northbrook.
  • 目前正在诺斯布鲁克,距此地仅19公里
  • Unfortunately, Martinel Security intends
  • 不幸的是,马氏保安公司打算
  • to deploy him to Afghanistan in 48 hours.
  • 48小时后派遣他到阿富汗
  • So this subpoena needs to be expedited.
  • 所以这次的听证会必须加急执行
  • Oh, is that true, Mr...
  • 如果这样...
  • Stabler? Uh, Bucky, Your Honor.
  • 斯坦普勒先生,法官阁下,叫我巴奇
  • Bucky, of course. Uh, is this true?
  • 当然,巴奇,情况属实吗
  • Actually, Your Honor,
  • 实际上,法官阁下
  • whether it's true or not, we believe it's irrelevant.
  • 不管是否属实,我们认为它与案件无关
  • Martinel Security is immune from all civil actions,
  • 马氏保安公司豁免于所有民事指控
  • including this subpoena.
  • 包括这次听证会
  • They're going for Feres. And why is that?
  • 他们在说费尔法例,为什么
  • Feres v. The United States, Your Honor.
  • 费尔诉美国政府一案,法官阁下
  • A serviceman or woman,
  • 一位正在服役的军人
  • such as the plaintiff, cannot sue the military.
  • 正如原告这样,不能起诉军方
  • Therefore, by extension, they cannot sue a contractor
  • 由此引申出,他们不能起诉承包商
  • which is deemed an arm of the military.
  • 因为它被看作军队的下设部门
  • Your Honor, the military contractor must prove
  • 法官阁下,军方承包商必须证明
  • their aims and independence
  • 他们的目的和资质
  • are subjected to the military, and unless Martinel
  • 符合军方要求,如果马氏保安公司
  • can prove that the military ordered this rape...
  • 不能证明军方授意了这场强奸...
  • Excuse me, that is offensive, Your Honor.
  • 法官阁下,这太过分了
  • No, the offense here is you are trying to protect
  • 不,真正过分的是你们试图阻止
  • one of your employees from facing his accuser in court.
  • 你们的员工上庭面对他的控诉者
  • Captain Hellinger has served her country for 12 years.
  • 海灵格上尉为她的国家效力了12年
  • At the very least, she deserves to face her rapist.
  • 最起码,她应该与其强奸者当庭对峙
  • Accused rapist, counselor.
  • 控方律师,是被指控的强奸者
  • Ah, yes. Accused rapist. Thank you.
  • 是的,被指控的强奸者,谢谢你
  • Mr. Stabler-- uh, Bucky--
  • 斯坦普勒先生...巴奇...
  • unless you have any more arguments, I'm ready to rule.
  • 如果你说完了,我就准备裁决了
  • Your Honor. One of the consequences of modern warfare
  • 法官阁下,现代战争的后果之一就是
  • is a blurring of the lines between soldiers and contract workers.
  • 军人和合同雇工之间的界限模糊不清
  • Mr. Waters is being deployed to a military base
  • 沃特斯将被派往一个
  • that is directly in the line of fire,
  • 位于前线的军事基地
  • which is why he is granted
  • 因此他和其他军人一样
  • the same protections from liability as every other soldier.
  • 拥有同样的责任豁免的保护
  • In fact, Your Honor,
  • 事实上,法官阁下
  • it's exactly on the same point of law
  • 同类型的法律案件
  • that most rulings to the contrary have been overturned on appeal.
  • 大多数支持控方的裁决都会在上诉中被推翻
  • Oh, come on! You'd be more subtle
  • 少来了,发死亡威胁给法官
  • if you sent the judge a death threat...
  • 都没有你这么直白
  • Your Honor... Mrs. Florrick, please.
  • 法官阁下... 福瑞克夫人,且慢
  • Before I rule, I would like to hear evidence on
  • 在裁决之前,我想听一下马氏跟军方
  • how closely aligned Martinel is with the military.
  • 关系到底有多密切的证据
  • Your honor, we only have a 48-hour window here.
  • 法官阁下,我们只有48小时可用
  • I understand that. We can do a lot in 48 hours.
  • 我理解,但48小时可以做很多事了
  • If it's true that Mr. Waters is subject to the military hierarchy,
  • 如果沃特斯先生真的隶属军方
  • I will conclude that he and Martinel are immune to lawsuit.
  • 我将会裁决他和马氏在本案中有豁免权
  • You're good.
  • 你很厉害
  • I've had practice.
  • 经验而已
  • Take a compliment.
  • 接受赞美吧
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢你
  • Let's win this.
  • 我们赢下这案
  • So I get the fluff piece
  • 所以我得到没价值的信息
  • and Mandy Post gets the real story?
  • 而曼蒂·珀斯特得到真的故事?
  • The false story.
  • 故事是假的
  • Yeah. Why am I here, Eli?
  • 行,我来这里是为了什么,伊莱
  • What do you know about Mandy Post?
  • 关于曼蒂·珀斯特你了解多少
  • What do I want to know about Mandy Post?
  • 关于曼蒂·珀斯特我应该了解什么
  • She had a cousin in Illinois
  • 她有个表亲在伊利诺斯州
  • going through a nasty divorce. Four years ago.
  • 四年前离婚,闹得很不好看
  • The wife accused him
  • 他妻子告他
  • of molesting one of their children.
  • 猥亵他们的某个孩子
  • Okay...
  • 好吧...
  • Mandy's cousin denied he was a molester, of course,
  • 曼蒂的表亲当然否认这事
  • but the victim, a sweet nine-year-old girl...
  • 但受害人,一个可爱的9岁女孩...
  • testified against her father,
  • 作证指控她的父亲
  • and he was convicted.
  • 于是他被定罪了
  • Eli, are we gossiping here, or are we working?
  • 伊莱,我们是来工作的,还是聊八卦的
  • He's in prison now.
  • 他现在在监狱
  • Mandy's cousin.
  • 曼蒂的表亲
  • 12 years.
  • 被判12年
  • Guess who prosecuted him.
  • 你猜是谁起诉的
  • Peter Florrick.
  • 彼得·福瑞克
  • Not for attribution.
  • 不能录音
  • So you're saying that my competitor, Mandy Post,
  • 你是说我的对手,曼蒂·珀斯特
  • wrote a story about Peter Florrick's sex life
  • 写了篇关于彼得·福瑞克的性生活的文章
  • as payback for prosecuting her cousin?
  • 作为对他起诉自己表亲的报复
  • I'm saying it's an interesting observation.
  • 我只是说这是个有趣的情况
  • Florrick was the prosecutor? In a sense.
  • 福瑞克是公诉人,可以这么说
  • He was the State's Attorney at the time.
  • 他当时是州检察官
  • What? Same difference.
  • 怎么了,反正差不多
  • No. It's not.
  • 当然是不同的
  • Well, that's where you come in.
  • 你就从这里入手
  • You know, journalism.
  • 你懂的,新闻嘛
  • You lost the Florrick affair story to Mandy Post.
  • 你在福瑞克绯闻事件上输给了曼蒂·珀斯特
  • What's the consolation prize?
  • 那要拿什么来回敬呢
  • Showing Mandy had a hidden motive?
  • 说明曼蒂另有动机如何
  • Peter?
  • 彼得
  • Mom, Mom. Just one minute, okay?
  • 妈妈,稍等一下,好吗
  • I'm fine. I'm always just fine.
  • 没关系,我挺好的
  • Hey. Yeah, it's me.
  • 嘿,是我
  • I just wanted to warn you...
  • 我只是想提醒你
  • the story's coming out.
  • 故事要登报了
  • And you may be questioned about it.
  • 也许会有人问你相关的问题
  • Is it bad?
  • 说得很难听吗
  • It's pretty bad.
  • 非常难听
  • They say you approved.
  • 他们说这是经你允许的
  • That we have an open marriage.
  • 说我们是开放式婚姻
  • Have you heard anything from Maddie?
  • 曼蒂有联系过你吗
  • No, but I don't expect to.
  • 没,我觉得她不会联系我
  • You must be hurting on the money front.
  • 你在资金方面会受挫吧
  • No, we're okay.
  • 没有,我们还好
  • For now.
  • 目前还好
  • You know, these things always come around, so...
  • 这些事总会发生,所以...
  • I don't want to. Please calm down, Mrs. Florrick.
  • 我不想,请冷静一下,福瑞克夫人
  • No, I'm not gonna calm down!
  • 不,我不要冷静
  • Um, just one more quick thing.
  • 还有件小事
  • Jackie is firing another caretaker.
  • 杰姬又在开除护工
  • Have you got any other references I can...
  • 你还有其他可以考虑的...
  • Sorry, no.
  • 抱歉,没有
  • Hey, is it a woman? The one she's firing?
  • 那是个女的吗,她开除的
  • Yeah. Why?
  • 是啊,怎么了
  • Try a man.
  • 找个男的试试
  • Really? Just a hunch.
  • 真的,只是第六感
  • Ask the hospital if they have any men.
  • 问问医院有没有男的
  • Okay, I will, thanks.
  • 好,我问问,谢谢
  • Quit, quit!
  • 走,走
  • Now go now, just go.
  • 现在就走,走
  • Go. Go.
  • 走,走
  • Everything all right?
  • 一切都还好吗
  • I don't know.
  • 我不知道
  • But I have given up on caring.
  • 但我不关心了
  • Ryan Hood. I am founder and
  • 瑞安·胡德,我是马氏保安公司的
  • chief executive officer of Martinel Security.
  • 创立者和首席执行官
  • And you have been contracting to the U.S. Military for how long?
  • 你和美国军方合作多久了
  • Well, since the beginning.
  • 从公司建立开始至今
  • We were there in Iraq. We're there in Afghanistan.
  • 伊拉克和阿富汗的战争我们都有参与
  • Ooh, how nice for you.
  • 真厉害
  • Mr. Hood, let's discuss your role in these war zones.
  • 胡德先生,谈一下你们在这些战争中的角色
  • You not only provide support for the military,
  • 你们不仅为军方提供支援
  • you essentially fight alongside them.
  • 还是重要的参战力量
  • Essentially.
  • 确实重要
  • The American military is understaffed.
  • 美国军方人员不足
  • There aren't enough personnel to fill all the combat needs.
  • 人员数量无法满足战争需要
  • That's why Martinel, Blackwater
  • 所以由马氏和黑水公司
  • and now Academi fill the gaps.
  • 现名阿卡德米公司来补足空缺
  • But in the field, your employees
  • 在战场上,你的雇员
  • answer to the military hierarchy?
  • 要遵守军方的制度
  • Yes.
  • Without the chain of command, there would be anarchy.
  • 没有指令系统,会出现混乱
  • So these-these lawsuits,
  • 所以,这些...这些诉讼
  • these subpoenas,
  • 这些传票
  • they have a tendency to complicate the pursuit of national interests.
  • 有将追求国家利益的行为复杂化的倾向
  • Definitely.
  • 绝对有
  • Take, for example, this subpoena of the witness, Ricky Waters...
  • 比如,对证人瑞奇·沃特斯的传唤
  • The attempted rapist, Ricky Waters.
  • 是强奸未遂犯,瑞奇·沃特斯
  • Excuse me, Your Honor.
  • 抱歉,法官阁下
  • That is uncalled for.
  • 这种指控是无理的
  • Yes, Mrs. Florrick, please refrain.
  • 同意,福瑞克夫人,请克制一点
  • The witness, Ricky Waters,
  • 证人瑞奇·沃特斯
  • trains soldiers in counter-insurgency techniques.
  • 是训练士兵反叛乱技巧的人
  • If he isn't in Afghanistan, American lives will be endangered.
  • 如果他没有去阿富汗,美军会伤亡惨重
  • Thank you, Mr. Hood. Your witness.
  • 谢谢,胡德先生,该你了
  • Good morning, Mr. Hood.
  • 早上好,胡德先生
  • Or, I'm sorry, what rank would you like to be referred to?
  • 抱歉,你比较喜欢被称以什么军衔
  • Come on, counselor.
  • 拜托,控方律师
  • This man is a CEO of a privately-held firm.
  • 他是私营公司的首席执行官
  • He admits that. Not saying he's a general.
  • 他已经说过了,他没说自己是将军
  • Bucky, please sit down.
  • 巴奇,请坐下
  • Mrs. Florrick, I think I get your general point.
  • 福瑞克夫人,我大概知道你的用意
  • Please proceed. Mr. Hood, uh...
  • 请继续,胡德先生...
  • what is the penalty for insubordination in the military?
  • 在军队里不服从命令的惩罚是什么
  • I don't understand. What insubordination?
  • 我不明白,不服从什么命令
  • Well, let's take Articles 77 through 134
  • 军事审判统一法规共有134条规定
  • of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
  • 其中第77条写道
  • What is the penalty for insubordination in a combat zone?
  • 在战区不服从命令的惩罚是什么
  • Do you mean "Missing the movement of a unit?"
  • 你是指错过部队行动吗
  • Yes.
  • Well, court-martial. And, most probably, detention.
  • 会被军事审判,很大可能会被拘留
  • Uh-huh.
  • 没错
  • And any soldier not following orders from a superior into battle
  • 所有不听从上级指令参与战斗的士兵
  • would be subject to court-martial?
  • 都会交由军事法庭审判吗
  • Yes, ma'am.
  • 是的,夫人
  • And, as you said, your employees follow these rules.
  • 如你所说,你的雇员也遵守这些规则
  • So they would be subject to court-martial?
  • 那他们也会被军事审判了
  • Yes. In a combat zone, yes.
  • 在战争区,是的
  • Then please explain what happened with Martinel personnel
  • 那请解释一下马氏全体人员
  • on October 12, 2011.
  • 2011年10月12日的所作所为
  • "Explain?"
  • 什么叫解释
  • Could you be more specific? Yes.
  • 能具体点吗,好
  • Weren't Martinel employees ordered by the military high command
  • 马氏的雇员去年10月12日
  • to offer security in the Ghanzi province
  • 没有被军方上级命令在杭济省
  • on October 12 of last year?
  • 进行保安工作吗
  • We weren't ordered; we were asked.
  • 我们不是被命令,是被请求
  • I'm reading from a "General order", not a "General ask."
  • 我是在读将军指令,不是将军请求
  • Well, I think "Order" was being used generically.
  • 我觉得命令一词只是通称
  • We considered it an ask.
  • 我们认为那是请求
  • I see. And didn't Martinel go on strike?
  • 明白了,那马氏没有罢工吗
  • I wouldn't call it "On strike""
  • 我觉得那不叫"罢工"
  • Counselor, I think your cocounsel wants you.
  • 控方律师,你的副手要找你
  • In a letter to the high command,
  • 在一封给上级的信里
  • you called it "A strike."
  • 你自己说是"罢工"的
  • Yes, well, that was a personal joke between friends.
  • 对,那只是朋友之间的玩笑
  • You went "On strike"
  • 你们"罢工"
  • until the military ensured the protection of your employees.
  • 直到军方落实了对你们雇员的保护
  • Yes.
  • And if a soldier had done that--
  • 如果普通士兵做了这种事
  • refused to go into a combat zone without greater security--
  • 拒绝进入没有更完善保护措施的战区
  • wouldn't he be court-martialed?
  • 会被军事审判吗
  • That's not a fair comparison.
  • 那样比较不公平
  • But it's true, he would be court-martialed?
  • 但那是真的,他会交由军事法庭审理吗
  • Yes, but that's not a fair comparison.
  • 会,但那样比较不公平
  • And why not?
  • 为什么不公平
  • Because... those were exceptional circumstances.
  • 因为那是特殊情况
  • Okay.
  • 好吧
  • Thank you, everyone.
  • 谢谢大家
  • Mrs. Florrick, I think you've made your point.
  • 福瑞克夫人,你已经证明你的观点了
  • For the current circumstances, I will grant the subpoena.
  • 鉴于目前这种情况,我同意传唤
  • Your Honor... Bucky, no.
  • 法官阁下,巴奇,不
  • Please make Mr. Ricky Waters available for questioning
  • 请让瑞奇·沃特斯先生
  • by... say, 3:00 this afternoon,
  • 今天下午三点出庭接受询问
  • or be subject to arrest.
  • 否则他将被逮捕
  • We won. Oh, not yet.
  • 我们赢了,还没
  • You don't understand.
  • 你不懂
  • Seeing him in court? We won.
  • 只要他出庭,我们就会赢
  • It's still crap.
  • 这些还是垃圾
  • Mr. Hayden, I understand that we might disagree,
  • 海登先生,我知道我们可能不一致
  • but I wish you wouldn't refer to everything as...
  • 但我希望你不要管什么都叫...
  • Cary.
  • 凯里
  • How you doing?
  • 你怎么样
  • Well. Thank you.
  • 不错,谢谢
  • I'm glad you're in here.
  • 很高兴你在这里
  • And I'm glad you survived the slaughter.
  • 也很高兴你在大屠杀中幸存下来
  • The firings? Yes.
  • 裁员,是啊
  • I seem to have a few lives left, thank you.
  • 活了下来,谢谢
  • I've seen you talking to Clarke.
  • 我看见你曾和克拉克谈话
  • He seems to like you.
  • 他看起来喜欢你
  • That's good.
  • 那不错
  • There aren't too many people here he likes.
  • 这里受他喜欢的人不多
  • Well, I don't seek him out.
  • 我没有找他帮忙
  • Yeah, I know.
  • 我知道
  • I wonder if you know what's happened to him.
  • 你是否知道他发生了什么事
  • He's become angrier and more abrasive with us.
  • 他变得更加易怒,对我们的态度也更粗暴
  • He's starting to care.
  • 他开始在乎了
  • On the Bishop case, he enjoyed it.
  • 查毕夏普案子时,他乐在其中
  • He enjoyed participating.
  • 他喜欢参与其中
  • He wants something like that.
  • 他想做一些这样的事情
  • Something to build his life on.
  • 他想要有这样的生活
  • He seems to think that Lockhart/Gardner might be it.
  • 他似乎认为在洛克哈特&加德纳律所可以做到
  • But it's not his firm.
  • 但这不是他的律所
  • Oh, I know. I'm not agreeing.
  • 知道,我也不同意
  • I'm just suggesting why he might be more abrasive.
  • 我只是觉得这可能是他态度粗暴的原因
  • He cares.
  • 他在乎
  • Could you talk to him?
  • 你可以跟他谈谈吗
  • Find out if that's what this is about?
  • 找出原因是否如此
  • Sure. Good.
  • 当然,好的
  • And how are you doing?
  • 你做得怎么样
  • I have a question for you.
  • 我有一个问题想问你
  • Yes.
  • 是的
  • I'm not sure if I've done anything wrong with Will.
  • 我不知道是否有什么地方让威尔不满
  • With Will? Why?
  • 威尔吗,怎么了
  • I'm just wondering if he doesn't trust me.
  • 只是觉得他可能不信任我
  • I know the State's Attorney's office.
  • 我了解州检办
  • I know how they work.
  • 我知道他们如何运作
  • But I haven't been on a single criminal case.
  • 但我还没有办过任何刑事案件
  • I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should know.
  • 我只想知道是否另有原因
  • No.
  • 没有
  • No, I'm... I'm surprised.
  • 没有,我很惊讶
  • Um, I'm sorry I haven't kept track, Cary.
  • 凯里,很抱歉我没有留意
  • No, definitely, you should be put on criminal cases.
  • 当然没其他原因,你应该办些刑事案件
  • I'll make sure that happens. Okay. Thank you.
  • 我会安排的,好的,谢谢
  • And I'll talk to Mr. Hayden.
  • 我会和海登先生谈的
  • Okay.
  • Uh... good.
  • 很好
  • What was that about?
  • 谈什么呢
  • Oh, partner stuff.
  • 合伙人的事情
  • I have something on our-our tow truck magnate.
  • 我有一些关于拖车大亨的消息
  • You have? What?
  • 有吗,是什么
  • The winning bid.
  • 竞标结果
  • There's a way to invalidate it.
  • 有个方法可以让它失效
  • Streckler Automotive? How?
  • 斯特克勒汽车公司吗,怎么做
  • One of their partners is an ex-government employee.
  • 他们合作伙伴之一曾是政府雇员
  • They have to wait two years before they can bid.
  • 他们得等两年才能参与竞标
  • And they did.
  • 他们符合要求了
  • No, the bid got moved up by a month.
  • 没有,竞标提早了一个月
  • They missed it by a week.
  • 他们还差一个星期
  • They were a government employee?
  • 他们中有政府雇员
  • Yes. By one week.
  • 是的,还差一周
  • That means their bid can be invalidated.
  • 意味着他们的竞标无效
  • And the bid would go to Nick Saverese.
  • 尼克·赛弗里斯就可以中标了
  • If we want.
  • 如果我们想要的话
  • If we want Nick Saverese still to be a client?
  • 若我们想要尼克·赛弗里斯当客户的话吗
  • I'll take care of it.
  • 我会搞定的
  • Mom, this is Cristian.
  • 妈妈,这位是克里斯蒂安
  • Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
  • 福瑞克夫人,你好
  • You're a man.
  • 你是男人
  • Yes, but I have a nursing license.
  • 是的,但是我有护理执照
  • Christian? What's Christian?
  • 克里斯琴,哪里人
  • Mexican? Cristian. Cuban.
  • 墨西哥人吗,是克里斯蒂安,古巴人
  • My family is from Cuba.
  • 我的家庭来自古巴
  • Excuse me.
  • 不好意思
  • Yeah?
  • 什么事
  • Yes, yes, yes. Send it through.
  • 是的,发过去吧
  • I don't need help.
  • 我不需要帮助
  • Good. Then I won't supply it.
  • 好,那我就不用照顾你了
  • I'll just collect my paycheck.
  • 就领薪水就好了
  • How much is my son paying you? $40 an hour.
  • 我儿子付你多少,一小时四十美元
  • $45 on the road.
  • 出门的话,四十五美元
  • I don't need it, Peter.
  • 彼得,我不需要
  • You're getting it, Mom.
  • 妈妈,你需要
  • You don't want me to campaign with you?
  • 你不想我跟你一起参加竞选活动了吗
  • No, I do. But I want you to be taken care of.
  • 不,我想要,但我想照顾好你
  • I don't like him.
  • 我不喜欢他
  • You haven't given me a chance.
  • 你还没给过我机会呢
  • Don't eavesdrop.
  • 不要偷听
  • Don't talk so loud when you gossip.
  • 议论别人时,声音不要这么大
  • Uh, give him a chance, Mom.
  • 妈妈,给他一个机会吧
  • Give him a chance.
  • 给他一个机会
  • Hello. Yes, I'm on.
  • 你好,是的,我还在
  • Yes, just send it through.
  • 是的,就发过去吧
  • You okay?
  • 你还好吗
  • Yes.
  • 是的
  • Would you please state your name and occupation?
  • 请陈述你的姓名和职务
  • Ricky Waters.
  • 瑞奇·沃特斯
  • I'm an employee of Martinel Security,
  • 我是马氏保安公司的员工
  • working in counter-insurgency training in Afghanistan.
  • 在阿富汗从事反叛乱训练工作
  • Mr. Waters, thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.
  • 沃特斯先生,谢谢你今天抽空出庭
  • You're welcome. I'm just a little surprised.
  • 不客气,我只是感到有些惊奇
  • There must be some misunderstanding here.
  • 这里肯定有误会
  • The plaintiff claims that you attacked her on April 30, 2011
  • 原告控诉你于2011年4月30日在阿富汗
  • at Camp Dwyer in the Helman River Valley of Afghanistan.
  • 赫尔曼河谷的德怀尔营地袭击过她
  • Yes, I read the charge.
  • 是的,我看过起诉书了
  • Laura, I'm sorry, that didn't happen.
  • 劳拉,对不起,没这回事
  • Sir, two things. Don't address my client.
  • 先生,两件事,不要跟我的客户说话
  • And when you do refer to her,
  • 还有提到她时
  • it's Captain Hellinger.
  • 请称呼她为海灵格上尉
  • Yes, ma'am.
  • 是,女士
  • My apologies. Captain.
  • 对不起,上尉
  • So, you did know Captain Hellinger at Camp Dwyer.
  • 那么在德怀尔营地你确实认识海灵格上尉
  • Yes, she was negotiating contracts for roads and hospitals.
  • 是的,她负责道路和医院合同的谈判事宜
  • Sometimes we saw each other at the MWR, uh...
  • 有时,我们在MWR会碰到
  • the Morale, Welfare, Recreational center.
  • 士气,福利,休闲中心
  • Yes, the MWR.
  • 是的,简称MWR
  • In fact, you had drinks at the MWR with Captain Hellinger
  • 事实上,在起诉书所提到的那个晚上
  • on the night in question, did you not?
  • 你曾和海灵格上尉在MWR喝过酒,是吗
  • Yes, there was a party for new reservists,
  • 是的,那有个预备役军人的迎新派对
  • including myself. After which she claims
  • 我也是新人,在那之后
  • that you both went back to her office.
  • 她说你们一起回到了她的办公室
  • Well, we both had offices
  • 我们两个的办公室都位于
  • on the first floor of the 35th Combat Support Hospital,
  • 在第三十五野战医院的一楼
  • so, yes, we did go back.
  • 所以,我们是一起回去了
  • And there she claims that you threatened her with a demotion
  • 她声称,你威胁如果她不和你上床的话
  • if she refused to sleep with you.
  • 你就降她的职
  • No, there's... no way that could have happened.
  • 不,不可能有这种事
  • I have no sway over...
  • 我根本没权力...
  • You were friends with Major Hart.
  • 你跟梅杰·哈特是朋友
  • Captain Hellinger--
  • 海灵格上尉
  • you must be quiet.
  • 你要保持安静
  • What happened after that, Mr. Waters?
  • 后来发生了什么,沃特斯先生
  • To the best of your memory.
  • 请尽量详细地按你的记忆描述
  • Captain Hellinger was drinking.
  • 海灵格上尉喝了酒
  • She was tipsy.
  • 她醉了
  • I asked her if she wanted me to take her to her barracks.
  • 我问她需不需要我送她回营房
  • She said no.
  • 她说不需要
  • She kept hanging on me.
  • 她一直对我拉拉扯扯
  • All I can imagine is that she took offense
  • 我觉得唯一的可能是
  • at the way I was rebuffing her.
  • 我的拒绝惹怒了她
  • I don't know what.
  • 别的我就不知道了
  • So it is your sworn testimony
  • 所以你愿意宣誓
  • that you never attacked Captain Hellinger.
  • 你从没有侵犯过海灵格上尉
  • Correct.
  • In fact, I couldn't have attacked her.
  • 而且,我也不可能侵犯她
  • I was sending an e-mail at 0010 that night.
  • 那天晚上0点10分我正在发送一封邮件
  • Look at the time codes.
  • 可以看一下邮件时间
  • The exact same time as this supposed attack.
  • 正是所谓侵犯事件发生的时间
  • I'll have our investigator look into it.
  • 我会让我们的调查员去查证
  • He may not have sent the e-mail.
  • 他不一定发了那封邮件
  • He sent the e-mail.
  • 他确实发了邮件
  • Damn it. This is a readout of all the e-mails sent
  • 该死,这是4月29日和30日两天
  • from the 35th Combat Support Hospital on April the 29th and 30th.
  • 从第三十五野战医院发出的所有邮件的数据
  • They got that to you fast. Yup.
  • 他们这么快就给你了,是啊
  • Evidence that works against us they always deliver fast.
  • 对我们不利的证据总是给得非常快
  • He sent the e-mail at the time of the attack.
  • 他在侵犯事件发生的时间发了邮件
  • That doesn't change the fact.
  • 但即便如此
  • He could've attacked her and sent the e-mail.
  • 他也可能既侵犯了她,又发了邮件
  • There's something else.
  • 还有别的证据
  • Something good? Something very good.
  • 有利证据吗,非常有利
  • One minute later-- here-- another e-mail was sent
  • 一分钟后,这里,隔壁办公室的终端机
  • from a terminal in the next office.
  • 发送了另一封邮件
  • There was a witness? Yup.
  • 这事有目击证人,对
  • Someone was in the next office at the time of the attack.
  • 事情发生的时候有人在隔壁办公室
  • Let's subpoena him, and I'll get on with...
  • 传唤他出庭吧,然后我来处理...
  • I'll just be right back.
  • 我离开一下
  • Hi.
  • 你好
  • Hi, Maddie. What's up?
  • 玛蒂你好,最近怎么样
  • I tried to see you earlier, but, uh...
  • 我之前来找过你,但是...
  • you were busy.
  • 你很忙
  • We're fine, Maddie.
  • 没事,玛蒂
  • We really are.
  • 真的没什么的
  • You're not giving money to my husband. It's okay.
  • 你不再出钱支持我丈夫了,这没关系
  • No. Um, it's just...
  • 不,只是
  • I thought it only fair to warn you before I announce.
  • 我觉得在宣布之前,先知会你一声好些
  • Announce what?
  • 宣布什么
  • My candidacy.
  • 我要参选
  • I'm running against your husband.
  • 我要跟你丈夫竞争
  • Alicia, I know this will probably affect our friendship,
  • 艾丽西娅,我知道这可能会影响我们的友情
  • but I really believe this campaign needs a woman.
  • 但我真的认为这次的竞选需要一位女性
  • I thought your husband could represent our interests,
  • 我本以为你丈夫能够代表我们的利益
  • but after this past week, this last story...
  • 但过去的这一周里,刚出的这则新闻...
  • I know you say it's a lie, but women have always...
  • 我知道你说那是谣传,但女性总是...
  • Maddie, you don't need to explain anything.
  • 玛蒂,你不用解释
  • I know.
  • 我知道
  • But I want you to understand.
  • 但是我希望你能够理解
  • I understand, and you don't have to explain anything.
  • 我理解,你不用解释
  • Okay.
  • Maybe we could still talk.
  • 我们可以单纯聊天
  • Sure. Whenever you want.
  • 当然,什么时候都可以
  • I'm sorry, Alicia, it's... the issues are too important to delay.
  • 抱歉,艾丽西娅,有些重要问题亟待解决
  • And you have the money to run.
  • 你也有足够的资金运作
  • It's not personal. Yep, just business.
  • 并非针对他个人,对,公事公办而已
  • Alicia, how are you? What a pleasant...
  • 艾丽西娅,你好吗,见到你真是...
  • Maddie Hayward is running against Peter.
  • 玛蒂·海沃德要跟彼得竞争
  • She... What?
  • 她要...什么
  • Maddie Hayward just came to my office to tell me
  • 玛蒂·海沃德刚来我的办公室跟我说
  • that she is running against Peter.
  • 她要跟彼得竞争
  • Yes. She doesn't feel he represents female issues.
  • 对,她觉得彼得不能代表女性的利益
  • She's timing it to the affair story. Yes.
  • 她就等着外遇新闻见报的时机,是的
  • And she's going to pull all his female support.
  • 她会拉走彼得所有的女性支持者
  • I know. And she has money.
  • 是啊,而且她有财力
  • And one last thing.
  • 还有一件事
  • She befriended me and we talked.
  • 她跟我做朋友,我们还聊了天
  • You... Yes.
  • 什么,对
  • I shared some things she could possibly use.
  • 我跟她聊了些事,或许会被她利用
  • You don't...
  • 你别...
  • About you and Will?
  • 关于你跟威尔的
  • No, about how I feel about Peter.
  • 不是,关于我对彼得的了解
  • About being in the public eye.
  • 关于作为公众人物的感受
  • About issues I think he's weak on.
  • 关于他的弱点
  • Okay, we need to debrief you.
  • 好,这事你得跟我们详细汇报
  • And Mike Kresteva needs to keep his hands
  • 迈克·克里斯特娃不能染指
  • off seniors' medical benefits.
  • 老年人的医疗福利
  • Is that the right line?
  • 是念这句吗
  • Where are your glasses?
  • 你的眼镜呢
  • Maybe if you find your glasses, you could read the line.
  • 你要是找到眼镜就不会念错行了
  • Maybe if you kept track of my glasses.
  • 你要是收好我的眼镜就不会丢了
  • You can't read the lines...
  • 你看不清句子...
  • Don't even ask.
  • 别问为什么
  • I need to go to court.
  • 我要出庭
  • You need to deal with this.
  • 你得先处理这事
  • No, after court.
  • 不,出庭结束再说
  • Yes, oh...
  • 对,你真是
  • It's in your lap now.
  • 现在这是你的事
  • You can't do that Robocop.
  • 你不能像机械战警一样
  • This is how you're going to do it: You lost your glasses...
  • 你要这样,你丢了眼镜...
  • The difficulty we're running into, Your Honor,
  • 法官阁下,现在我们面临的困难是
  • is that this witness-- the one who e-mailed at the same time
  • 这位同时发了邮件的证人
  • and who we think heard and possibly observed the attack--
  • 可能听到甚至目睹了事件过程
  • is Sergeant Wade Compton,
  • 而这位名叫韦德·康普顿的中士
  • who is still serving in Afghanistan.
  • 目前还在阿富汗服役
  • We can't subpoena him, Colonel,
  • 上校,我们传唤不了他
  • and the command is rebuffing our efforts to transfer him home to testify.
  • 指挥部也拒绝了我们让他回来作证的请求
  • Yes, I know. So you know we need him?
  • 我知道,所以你明白我们需要他
  • We think this sergeant heard everything.
  • 我们觉得这位中士可能听到了一切
  • I understand that. I'm not sure what you think I can do.
  • 这我明白,但不知你们想让我做什么
  • Contact his superiors. Request that he testify in court.
  • 联系他的上级,要求他出庭作证
  • Captain, you know I can't do that.
  • 上尉,你明白我做不到
  • You know that exceeds my authority.
  • 你明白那超出了我的权力范围
  • We thought that maybe you could make an extra effort,
  • 既然您之前那么同情海灵格上尉
  • given your previous sympathy for Captain Hellinger's situation.
  • 我们希望您能另外想想办法
  • Mrs. Florrick, you are asking something of me
  • 福瑞克夫人,你的请求
  • that goes beyond my ability.
  • 已经超出我的能力范围
  • Thank you, Colonel.
  • 谢谢你,上校
  • Is there something else, Mrs. Florrick?
  • 还有别的事吗,福瑞克夫人
  • You know what's going on here.
  • 您知道这是怎么回事
  • The Army doesn't want her to win.
  • 军队不想让她胜诉
  • They are siding with Martinel
  • 他们偏袒马氏公司
  • because they don't want their contractor undercut.
  • 因为他们不希望承包商利益受损
  • Yes, that's my understanding.
  • 没错,我知道这一点
  • She's being pressured to quit. Did you know that?
  • 有人给她施压逼她退伍,您知道吗
  • I didn't know that.
  • 我不知道
  • But I understand it.
  • 但我能够理解
  • So, why won't you help?
  • 那您为什么不帮忙呢
  • Mrs. Florrick, stop playing on my emotions.
  • 福瑞克夫人,别想让我感情用事
  • I know what you're saying.
  • 我明白你的意思
  • And if it were in my ability to help, I would.
  • 若能帮我自然会帮
  • He's reading the Steve Jobs biography.
  • 他在读《史蒂夫·乔布斯传》
  • Excuse me?
  • 什么
  • You were wondering why Mr. Hayden was acting so abrasive?
  • 你之前问为什么最近海登先生态度强硬
  • He's reading the Steve Jobs bio.
  • 他在读乔布斯的自传
  • That's why he says everything "Sucks" or is "Crap."
  • 因此他说什么都是"太烂了"或者"垃圾"
  • The same thing happened at the State's Attorney's office.
  • 州检察官办公室也发生过这样的事
  • Some managers, they think it worked for Jobs,
  • 一些管理人士觉得,在乔布斯身上行得通
  • it'll work for them.
  • 他们也可以
  • What would you do?
  • 那你会怎么处理
  • It wears off.
  • 过段时间就好了
  • But do you want me to talk to him? That'd be good.
  • 但你需要我和他谈谈吗,那样最好
  • Oh, and I have two criminal cases I want you to look at.
  • 我这有两起刑事案件想让你看看
  • They might plead out, but I'm not sure.
  • 可能要做有罪辩护,但我不确定
  • A glass of white?
  • 来杯白葡萄酒吗
  • Thanks for doing this.
  • 谢谢你这么做
  • Having a drink? Why not?
  • 喝酒吗,何乐而不为
  • There's a chance the winning bid could be invalidated.
  • 投标结果可能被宣布无效
  • My husband's bid?
  • 我丈夫参与的投标?
  • Streckler Automotive made a mistake.
  • 斯特克勒汽车公司的竞标资格有问题
  • One of their partners used to be connected to the city.
  • 他们的一个合作伙伴以前是市政府的员工
  • That makes sense.
  • 怪不得
  • So... he'll win the bid?
  • 那...他会中标吗
  • Only if he knows about it.
  • 除非他知道这事
  • How could he not know about it?
  • 他怎么会不知道呢
  • He asked us to check into Streckler Automotive's payoffs.
  • 他让我们去查斯特克勒汽车公司的行贿行为
  • He did not ask us to check into their partners.
  • 但并没要我们查他们的合作伙伴
  • Do you love him?
  • 你爱他吗
  • No.
  • Then?
  • 那?
  • I...
  • 我...
  • I have difficulty being away from him.
  • 我很难摆脱他
  • Is he dangerous?
  • 他危险吗
  • Sometimes.
  • 偶尔
  • Shouldn't you stay away, then?
  • 那你难道不该躲他远点吗
  • Yeah.
  • 是啊
  • That's odd.
  • 奇怪
  • Judge Kuhn.
  • 是库恩法官
  • And the panel investigating the mainstreaming of gender
  • 负责审理军队性别主流化案件的审判小组
  • in the military is back in session.
  • 现在重新开庭
  • We have one more witness for the panel.
  • 请出下一位证人
  • Are you ready to be questioned, Sergeant?
  • 你准备好回答问题了吗,中士
  • Yes, ma'am.
  • 准备好了,长官
  • Please supply your name for the record.
  • 请提供你的姓名以供记录在案
  • Sergeant Wade Compton.
  • 韦德·康普顿中士
  • Thank you, Sergeant,
  • 谢谢你,中士
  • for returning from Afghanistan for this session.
  • 感谢你从阿富汗赶来出庭
  • This panel has only one question for you, Sergeant.
  • 审判小组只有一个问题要问你,中士
  • Yes?
  • 请讲
  • What do you think of the mainstreaming of gender in the military?
  • 你怎么看军队的性别主流化问题
  • What do I think?
  • 我怎么看
  • Yes.
  • 是的
  • I don't... know.
  • 我不...知道
  • Uh, it's... good?
  • 我觉得...做得挺好
  • Thank you, Sergeant. You're excused.
  • 谢谢你,中士,你可以退庭了
  • That's it?
  • 就这样吗
  • Yes. Thank you for returning at our request.
  • 是的,感谢你应邀前来
  • Sergeant Compton?
  • 康普顿中士
  • Do you have a moment?
  • 你有空吗
  • I seem to have a lot of moments.
  • 我似乎非常有空
  • What do you need?
  • 你们有什么事
  • Sergeant Wade Compton.
  • 韦德·康普顿中士
  • Camp Dwyer, Afghanistan.
  • 服役于阿富汗德怀尔营
  • I serve as liaison with private contractors during training.
  • 我在训练间隙负责联络私营承包商
  • And where is your office located?
  • 你的办公室在什么位置
  • In the 35th Combat Support Hospital.
  • 在第三十五野战医院
  • Near Captain Hellinger's and Mr. Waters' offices?
  • 挨着海灵格上尉和沃特斯先生的办公室吗
  • Yes, ma'am. Captain.
  • 是的,女士,上尉
  • And given your proximity to them,
  • 既然你离他们那么近
  • did you have occasion to hear anything unusual...
  • 你有没有听到过什么异常的声音...
  • Objection. Hearsay, Your Honor.
  • 反对,法官阁下,传闻证据
  • It's an admission against interest.
  • 这是不利于己的供认
  • Sergeant Compton's job depends on positive reports
  • 康普顿中士的工作依赖于他的上司
  • from Mr. Waters, his superior.
  • 沃特斯先生给予的正面评价
  • Anything negative that he says is therefore an exception to hearsay.
  • 因此他的任何不利证词都不属于传闻证据
  • Uh... overruled.
  • 反对无效
  • You may answer.
  • 你可以回答
  • I heard voices--
  • 我听到过
  • Captain Hellinger and Mr. Waters arguing.
  • 海灵格上尉与沃特斯先生争吵
  • About what?
  • 争吵什么
  • Well, Mr. Waters wanted to have sex with Captain Hellinger.
  • 沃特斯先生想要和海灵格上尉发生关系
  • And she resisted his advances? Yes, ma'am.
  • 她拒绝了他吗,是的,女士
  • Physically? Yes.
  • 有肢体冲突吗,有
  • I heard them struggle.
  • 我听到他们在拉扯
  • I think he ripped her clothes
  • 好像他撕破了她的衣服
  • and she kicked him, and then he called her a "Bitch."
  • 她踢了他,然后他叫她"贱人"
  • A "Nasty bitch," I think is what he said.
  • "下流的贱人"我觉得他是这么叫的
  • And then... she ran out of there.
  • 然后...她逃出了办公室
  • And why didn't you come forward until now, Sergeant?
  • 那你为什么现在才出庭作证,中士
  • Well, like you said,
  • 就像你说的
  • Mr. Waters is kind of like... my boss.
  • 沃特斯先生在某种意义上,是我领导
  • I mean, he's close with my C.O., so...
  • 他和我的指挥官交往很深,所以
  • So you feared for your job.
  • 所以你害怕会丢掉工作
  • I...
  • 我...
  • Yes, ma'am. Thank you.
  • 是的,女士,谢谢
  • Nothing further, Your Honor.
  • 没有问题了,法官阁下
  • Anything, counselor?
  • 被告律师,你有问题吗
  • Counselor?
  • 被告律师
  • Uh, yes, Your Honor.
  • 是的,法官阁下
  • Sergeant Compton,
  • 康普顿中士
  • you seem pretty clear as to the events of that night.
  • 看来你对那晚发生的事情有所了解
  • Do you remember it well?
  • 你记得清楚吗
  • Yes, sir.
  • 清楚,先生
  • Then do you remember what time it was
  • 那你记不记得,你听到
  • that you heard this attack on Captain Hellinger?
  • 海灵格上尉被袭击时,是几点钟
  • I always wait until close to midnight
  • 因为时差的关系,我总是等到
  • to e-mail my girlfriend, because with the time difference.
  • 临近午夜时分给我女友发邮件
  • So, I remember I was waiting
  • 所以,我记得我听到他们争吵时
  • for an e-mail back when I heard the fight.
  • 正在等我女友的回复
  • It was about 0015.
  • 那时大概是0点15分
  • 0015. So, for the benefit of us civilians,
  • 0点15分,向我等在座的平民说明一下
  • that's after midnight?
  • 那是已过午夜了,对吗
  • Yes, 15 minutes after.
  • 是的,过了15分钟
  • What's he after?
  • 他想干什么
  • Defense Exhibit D, Your Honor.
  • 请看辩方证物丁,法官阁下
  • Mr. Waters' reserve deployment orders.
  • 是沃特斯先生的预备役部署命令
  • And as you can see,
  • 正如您所看到的
  • Mr. Waters was officially called up to active duty
  • 沃特斯先生就在当天午夜
  • as of that very same midnight.
  • 被正式征召入伍
  • Objection, Your Honor!
  • 反对,法官阁下
  • What could you possibly object to, Mrs. Florrick?
  • 你有什么可反对的,福瑞克女士
  • You proved your point.
  • 你已证实你方观点
  • Mr. Waters attacked your client.
  • 即沃特斯先生袭击了你的当事人
  • I did not!
  • 我没有
  • But at the time of the attack,
  • 但在袭击发生时
  • he was no longer working for Martinel Security.
  • 他已不再是马氏保安公司的员工了
  • By 15 minutes, Your Honor.
  • 只过了15分钟,法官阁下
  • It doesn't matter if it was 15 seconds.
  • 不管是15分钟还是15秒
  • He was in the Army on active duty
  • 那时他已是现役军人了
  • and therefore protected by Feres v. the United States.
  • 因此他受到费尔法例的保护
  • And Captain Hellinger is barred by law from suing him.
  • 海灵格上尉依法不能起诉他
  • Your Honor. Mrs. Florrick,
  • 法官阁下,福瑞克女士
  • you will have every opportunity to verify the timeline,
  • 你可以尽可能地去证实事发时间
  • but I'm afraid Mr. Stabler is right.
  • 但恐怕斯坦普勒先生是对的
  • Unless you can prove that the attack occurred before midnight,
  • 除非你能证明袭击发生在午夜以前
  • I will have no choice but to dismiss the case.
  • 否则我恐怕不得不驳回起诉
  • I wasn't watching the clock.
  • 我没有看表
  • I was trying to get out of there without getting raped.
  • 我只顾着从那里逃出来,别被强奸
  • Of course you were. That's not the issue.
  • 我们理解,那不是问题所在
  • The issue is the length of the assault.
  • 问题是性侵犯持续的时间
  • Meaning what?
  • 什么意思
  • You said he started harassing you in the bar at the MWR? Yes.
  • 你说他在MWR的酒吧开始骚扰你,对
  • And then he followed you back to the office?
  • 然后他跟踪你回到办公室
  • So it could be viewed as one long attack?
  • 所以是否能认为该侵犯行为具有持续性
  • I... I can't lie.
  • 我...我不能说谎
  • It's not about lying.
  • 这与说谎无关
  • It's about more fully remembering a past event.
  • 这是在更完整地回忆起过去的事件
  • I know, it sounds like a rationalization.
  • 我知道,这听起来像是文过饰非
  • It's not. You were hit on in the bar.
  • 其实不是,你在酒吧被挑逗
  • You pushed him off. Maybe even laughed.
  • 你推开了他,甚至可能有过说笑
  • Not because it was funny,
  • 但并不是因为你觉得好笑
  • but because it's the easiest way to make him go away.
  • 而是因为那是最快地打发他的办法
  • Then I went back to my office.
  • 然后我回到我的办公室
  • And I wasn't afraid until he followed me there.
  • 他跟踪我到了那我才开始感到害怕
  • Do you think that he had the same intent
  • 你认为他在酒吧里的企图
  • at the bar as he did in the office?
  • 与他在办公室里的企图一致吗
  • To have sex, or force you to have sex?
  • 企图实施性行为,或者说强奸你
  • Yes, but legally, it doesn't matter.
  • 是,但从法律角度看,这点并不重要
  • The only thing that matters is
  • 唯一重要的问题是
  • whether I experienced it as one attack.
  • 我是否遭到了实质性的侵犯
  • Laura, you need to stop thinking as a lawyer.
  • 劳拉,你得停止像律师一样思考问题
  • We're your lawyers. Experience it as a woman.
  • 我们才是你的律师,你要从女人角度来思考
  • So when Mr. Waters first propositioned you,
  • 沃特斯先生初次向你提出要求时
  • it was at the bar at the MWR? Yes.
  • 是在MWR的酒吧吗,是
  • What did you do? I said no.
  • 你如何回应,我说了不
  • And he persisted? Yes.
  • 他仍坚持,是
  • It was like he wouldn't take no for an answer.
  • 他不肯善罢甘休
  • He'd been drinking, he was getting angry.
  • 他一直灌酒,然后开始发脾气
  • Did you fear for your safety?
  • 你担心自身安全吗
  • Yes. That's why I left the MWR,
  • 是,因此我离开了MWR
  • because his behavior was scaring me.
  • 因为他的行为吓坏了我
  • But then he followed me to my office.
  • 但是他跟踪我到了办公室
  • One last question, Captain Hellinger.
  • 最后一个问题,海灵格上尉
  • What time did this conduct take place at the bar?
  • 酒吧里的行为发生在何时
  • It was about 23:30. Thank you.
  • 23点30分左右,谢谢
  • So you're saying this was one prolonged assault, is that it?
  • 你是说这是一次延续性的侵犯,对吗
  • And since it began before midnight,
  • 并且因为事发于午夜之前
  • Martinel Security is, in fact, still liable? Yes.
  • 马氏保安公司实际上仍然有责任,是
  • So we are to assume that
  • 那么我可以推定
  • you were in fear for your safety during this whole time?
  • 你整个时间段在都担心自身安全吗
  • Yes. That's very convenient, isn't it?
  • 可以,这样说会很方便,对吗
  • Argumentative, Your Honor.
  • 争论性问题,法官阁下
  • Sorry. I'll withdraw that and offer this instead.
  • 抱歉,我收回上一问,换个问题
  • You sent a text message that same night
  • 你当晚发了一条短信
  • to a Lieutenant Parisi of the JAG Corps.
  • 给军法署的帕里西中尉
  • She a friend of yours?
  • 她是你的朋友吗
  • Yes, that's right.
  • 是的
  • Would you read it for us, please, out loud?
  • 请把这个读给大家听,大声读
  • "Leaving MWR now. CK was blitzed. LMAO."
  • 我要离开MWR了,CK烂醉,笑死我了
  • Would you clarify for the court what "LMAO" means?
  • 你能向法庭阐释LMAO的意思吗
  • Uh, that's quite all right. I think I'm aware. LOL.
  • 没必要了,我知道意思,大笑
  • Very well, Your Honor.
  • 那好吧,法官阁下
  • Please, Captain, continue.
  • 上尉,请继续
  • "So happy I'm off tomorrow.
  • 明天不上班真开心
  • Off to catch some Zs. Night, girl."
  • 可以多睡一下,晚安啦,亲爱的
  • And what's the time stamp on that text message?
  • 短信上的时间标记呢
  • 11:52 P.M.
  • 晚上11点52分
  • 11:52 P.M. So you must have sent that message
  • 晚上11点52分,那你必然是在
  • while you were walking back from the MWR
  • 从MWR回到你办公室的期间
  • to your office at that time, did you not?
  • 发了那条短信,对吗
  • Yes.
  • It doesn't sound like you were in fear for your safety, though,
  • 看上去可不像是你走回办公室时
  • as you were walking back to your office, does it?
  • 在担心自身安全问题啊,对吗
  • Damn you!
  • 你这个混蛋
  • Get in line.
  • 找我请排队
  • I got fired, Eli! What?
  • 我被辞退了,伊莱,什么
  • My editor thought it was unprofessional
  • 我的编辑认为我是公报私仇
  • that I was pursuing a personal agenda.
  • 违反职业标准
  • Now I'm the story.
  • 现在我倒成了新闻
  • You sicced Peggy Byrne on me like an attack dog,
  • 你唆使佩吉·伯恩像狗似的追着我咬
  • and now I am out.
  • 我被踢出局了
  • Well, look at it this way.
  • 你换个角度想吧
  • The good thing about a 24-minute news cycle
  • 新闻滚动周期缩短的好处便在于
  • is that they'll all be on to something else soon.
  • 一会儿功夫就新闻变旧闻
  • If it's any consolation,
  • 如果这样说能安慰你的话
  • I do feel a tiny bit bad about it.
  • 我确实为此感到有一丁点儿难过
  • They say dancing the mambo is like talking to angels.
  • 人们说跳曼波舞就像与天使对话一样
  • Oh, you kidder!
  • 你在开玩笑吧
  • What? It's true.
  • 怎么了,这是真的
  • I'll teach you the mambo. It's so easy.
  • 我可以教你跳曼波舞,很简单
  • Come on. We'll be late. Let's get the car.
  • 得了,我们要迟到了,上车吧
  • You were right.
  • 你说得没错
  • I just had to give him a chance.
  • 我只需要给他一个机会
  • I see that.
  • 我看见了
  • Sometimes a mother has to listen to her son.
  • 有时候母亲得听儿子的意见
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢你
  • Good evening, Mr. Gold.
  • 晚上好,戈德先生
  • Indeed it is, Mrs. Florrick.
  • 今晚确实好,福瑞克夫人
  • What?
  • 怎么了
  • She's happy.
  • 她很高兴
  • Yeah, she is.
  • 嗯,是的
  • Please sit.
  • 请坐
  • I...
  • I've given this a great deal of thought.
  • 我对此思虑良多
  • And I want you to know, Captain Hellinger,
  • 海灵格上尉,我想告诉你
  • that I am truly sympathetic to your plight.
  • 我非常同情你的遭遇
  • To be denied justice in military court was tragic.
  • 在军事法庭无法伸张正义是悲惨的
  • To be denied justice again in civilian court is just cruel.
  • 在民事庭仍然如此则是残酷的
  • But I'm afraid the Supreme Court has spoken very clearly
  • 但是恐怕最高法院在费尔一案中
  • in Feres, as much as I may personally disagree.
  • 已作出明确裁定,尽管我个人不太同意
  • Mr. Waters was an Army reservist at the time of the attack,
  • 侵害发生时沃特斯先生是一名预备役军人
  • and therefore is immune from liability.
  • 因此而免责
  • As such, I'm afraid I must dismiss the case.
  • 据此,我必须驳回起诉
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢你
  • Thank you, Bucky.
  • 谢谢你,巴奇
  • No hard feelings.
  • 别再生气了
  • Step back!
  • 走开
  • Yes, Colonel.
  • 是,上校
  • Captain.
  • 上尉
  • Colonel.
  • 上校
  • We'll appeal. No.
  • 我们会上诉,不
  • No appeals. I'm done.
  • 不上诉,够了
  • I'm so sorry.
  • 真抱歉
  • We got him into court.
  • 我们让他出庭了
  • That's more than I thought we'd do.
  • 已经比我预想的好
  • What do you do when... when it's all over?
  • 此事结束后,该怎么办呢
  • You start up again.
  • 重新开始
  • Well, thank you very much.
  • 非常感谢你
  • That's really great news. Okay.
  • 真是好消息,好的
  • Done!
  • 搞定
  • Any more money calls, Eli?
  • 还有其他赞助方来电吗,伊莱
  • There are always more money calls.
  • 总是会有赞助方来电的
  • Maddie Hayward...
  • 玛蒂·海沃德
  • the competition.
  • 竞争对手
  • Well, I couldn't just let you run away with this.
  • 我不能放任你逃离这个问题
  • Your innermost feminist demanded satisfaction.
  • 你需要满足内心深处的女权主义吧
  • Something like that, yes.
  • 差不多是那样
  • Well, first of all, Maddie,
  • 玛蒂,首先
  • I'm gonna beat you.
  • 我会击败你
  • And then I'm gonna beat the Republican, Kresteva.
  • 然后再击败共和党的克里斯特娃
  • No, Peter. You need money.
  • 不,彼得,你缺钱
  • I have money. I'm willing to spend my own.
  • 我有钱,我愿意为自己花钱
  • People are drawn to people willing to spend their own.
  • 选民们更愿意支持经济独立的候选人
  • Maybe you beat me, but you'll be tapped out,
  • 也许你能击败我,但同时你也花光了钱
  • and Kresteva will outspend you.
  • 然后克里斯特娃会以财力击败你
  • But there is another way.
  • 但你还可以有别的出路
  • I can hardly wait.
  • 等不及洗耳恭听
  • You drop out and run as my lieutenant governor.
  • 你退出,再来作为我的副州长参选
  • It's a good position. You'd be good at it.
  • 是个好职位,你能胜任
  • You used my wife.
  • 你利用了我妻子
  • You befriended her and used her.
  • 你跟她做朋友,利用了她
  • I didn't use her. I befriended her.
  • 我没有利用她,我是跟她做了朋友
  • I didn't know I was going to do this.
  • 我当时并不知道我会来竞选
  • You know, I can trust a cynic and a con man,
  • 我可以信任愤青和骗子
  • but I can't trust a hypocrite
  • 但无法信任伪君子
  • because the hypocrite doesn't know when she's lying,
  • 因为伪君子说谎而不自知
  • and that's the most dangerous liar of them all.
  • 伪君子就是最危险的说谎者
  • So that's a no? That's more than a no.
  • 所以你不同意,不止这次不同意
  • That's a never.
  • 永远都不会同意
  • Okay. See you out there.
  • 好吧,我们再会
  • Well?
  • 接下来
  • Let's get started.
  • 让我们开始吧


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Afghanistan.

阿富汗
Iraq?
伊拉克
Excuse me?
请问你是...
Coalition of the Willing.
自愿联盟的
Basra.
巴士拉
What division?
哪个部队的
2nd Battalion, Royal Welsh.
第二营,皇家威尔士
You were testing me, weren't you?
你在测试我,对吧
Thought I was lying.
以为我在撒谎
Never.
没有
Here you go.
你请坐
I'm fine.
不用
No, you're all right.
不,你坐吧
I can't sit while a woman's standing.
不能看女人站着我坐着
Hey, move it. Idiot.
起来,蠢蛋
How gallant. Thank you.
真有风度,谢谢
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Ah, Mr. Saverese.
赛弗里斯先生
I was just coming for you.
我正要找你
Great, I was just ready to be come for.
很好,我刚准备好被找
So, you feeling good, Alicia?
感觉不错嘛,艾丽西娅
Feeling lucky?
很幸运吧
Ah, about the bid.
你说竞标的事啊
Um, yes, I think you're in very good shape, Mr. Saverese.
对,我觉得你状态很好,赛弗里斯先生
I'm on hold.
我在等着
"You're"? What happened to "we're"?
是"你"吗,怎么不是"我们"
I get this 25 million for the city's tow truck business,
我在政府的拖车项目中获利2500万
that's five percent to you.
你们可以得到5%分成
I think we're in very good shape, Mr. Saverese.
我觉得我们状态都很好,赛弗里斯先生
Yes. Hello?
对,你好
No, this is Cary. Yes.
不,我是凯里,对
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Don't do this.
别这样
Okay, well, find out more.
好的,继续找
It went to Streckler Automotive.
被斯特克勒汽车公司拿下了
I'm going to sue them.
我要起诉他们
They said it was a close bid. You were second.
他们说结果很接近,你是第二名
I don't care if I was eighth.
就算是第八名也无所谓
They cheated. I had a black partner.
他们作弊,我可有个黑人搭档
Well, they had diversity, too.
他们也很多元
And a female partner.
有个女性搭档
Okay, this is what I want to do.
好了,我打算这么做
I want you to check out
你去查查
Streckler and Doo-Dah-- whatever they're called--
斯特克勒和那什么,管他叫什么
because they paid somebody off.
因为他们行贿了
You paid somebody off.
你也行贿了
Whose side are you on?
你是哪边的啊
I paid somebody off because they were.
他们行贿我才行贿的
All right?
可以吗
Your Honor?
法官阁下
Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生
Um, why are you here?
您怎么在这
To court-martial you.
来带你去军事法庭
To see Alicia Florrick.
来看艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Well, does she know you're here?
她知道您来了吗
I gave my name.
我登记了
Yes, but I don't... I mean, maybe she didn't...
对,但我不...她可能还不...
Come-come with me.
跟我来吧
Are you Maddie Hayward, the CEO?
你是玛蒂·海沃德吗,那个首席执行官
Yes, I am.
对,我是
Mandy Post, Synth Magazine.
我是曼蒂·珀斯特,合成杂志社的
Nice to meet you.
幸会
Sorry-- once a reporter, always a reporter.
抱歉,一日记者,终生难改
Given your support for Peter Florrick,
鉴于你在支持彼得·福瑞克
do you have any comment on this story
你对他跟竞选工作人员上床这事
that he slept with a campaign worker?
有何看法
Judge Kuhn...
库恩法官
I'm surprised.
没想到您会来
Yes, Mrs. Florrick, this was a bit spontaneous.
是的,福瑞克女士,是有些唐突
I don't need you, Mr. Gardner.
不需要你在这,加德纳先生
Um, he's a partner.
他是合伙人
I'm only a fourth year.
我只是个四年律师
I know. But I don't need you.
我知道,但我不需要你
Thank you.
谢谢
You're welcome.
不客气
I was on a judicial panel
我参加了一个专案审判组
studying the mainstreaming of gender in the military,
主审关于军队性别主流化的案件
and there was a speaker
但有个申诉者的问题
who had an issue our panel could not address.
我们无法裁决
I would like you to meet her.
希望你能见见她
You would like me... Yes.
你希望我...对
She's a member of the JAG Corps,
她是军法署的成员
and she was attacked last year while in Afghanistan.
去年在阿富汗时被袭
In what way attacked?
怎么被袭的
By a man on the base.
在总部被一个男人袭击
He tried to rape her.
他企图强奸她
And you want me to... Represent her.
你想让我...做她的代表律师
I'm sorry, I find myself a little lost here, Your Honor.
抱歉,我有点迷糊,法官阁下
She needs a lawyer, but she's a military lawyer.
她需要一名律师,但她本身就是军事律师
Yes. Is she in trouble?
对,她有麻烦在身吗
No. She's suing.
不,她在起诉
Who is she suing? She can't sue the military.
起诉谁,她不能起诉军队
The attacker was an employee of Martinel Security,
袭击者是马氏保安公司的雇员
one of the independent contractors in Afghanistan.
该公司是在阿富汗的独立承包商之一
Given the evidence was deemed insufficient
鉴于证据不足
for criminal prosecution,
无法提起刑事诉讼
she decided to sue in civil court.
她决定去民事法庭起诉
I see.
明白了
And can I ask you why me?
我能问下为什么找我吗
I didn't think it went so well last time in court.
我上次上庭的表现可不怎么样
Everyone deserves a second chance.
人人都该有第二次机会
Eli.
伊莱
Ah, Mandy.
曼蒂
Here to exercise your particular brand
来这练习你的招牌新闻态度
of "gotcha" journalism?
"抓到你的小辫子咯"吗
We're printing the story, Eli.
我们要发表故事了,伊莱
You're printing a story you know is untrue?
你们要发表一篇明知其为不实的故事
No, we are printing a story that has become a topic of conversation.
不,我们要发表一篇成为热议话题的故事
It's only become a topic of conversation because
成为热议话题都是因为
some blogger who lives in his mom's apartment put it out there.
某个住在老妈公寓的博主把它挂到网上
When did the mainstream media become such a bitch of the blogosphere?
堂堂主流媒体什么时候也去博客圈干龌龊事了
Good quote. Want that in the online edition?
很会引经据典嘛,想看看电子版吗
Go to hell.
去死吧
We're running the story on Monday, Eli.
星期一正式见报,伊莱
And Maddie Hayward was here.
玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这
Sh... what?
她...什么
Maddie Hayward was here?
玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这
No, she left.
别去了,她走了
She wasn't here for you, Eli.
她不是来找你的,伊莱
The figures for the discretionary fund...
自主管理的基金数目...
Who are you?
你们是谁
I am still a partner here.
我还是这里的合伙人
You can't just give away my office.
你不可以就这么把我的办公室让出去
I can, and I did.
我可以,我已经做了
Well, this sucks.
太烂了
Diane, what is going on here?
戴安,这是什么情况
Mr. Gold, you are on a campaign.
戈德先生,你忙于竞选
The last time you used your office was two months ago.
你上一次用办公室是两个月前了
We cannot afford a part-time lawyer taking up office space.
让兼职律师占用办公空间,我们承担不起
No, you can't afford to piss me off.
不,惹恼我你才承担不起
My candidate wins, we bring millions of business here.
等我的候选人获胜,能给这带来大笔生意
Your candidate wins, you'll bring it here anyway.
等你的候选人获胜,你怎样都得带生意过来
You have $250,000 in capital contribution,
资本投入里有你25万
five percent of the yearly draw.
每年获利5%
You go somewhere else, you lose that.
你要是去别处,这钱就没了
This is just stupid here.
这太蠢了
All of September.
整个九月
One, two...
一,二
Captain Hellinger?
海灵格上尉
This is the civilian lawyer we discussed,
这是我跟你说过的民事律师
Alicia Florrick. Oh, yes.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克,对
Thank you, Colonel, but I've decided I'm fine on my own.
谢谢你,上校,但我决定自己来就行了
I'm pursuing this pro se.
我要自己处理这事
I understand. Good luck.
我理解,祝你好运
One second, Mrs. Florrick.
等一下,福瑞克夫人
You need her.
你需要她
You need someone who knows civil court.
你需要一位熟悉民事法庭的律师
I'm fine.
我能行
I-I have to argue this brief in two hours, I can't...
我...我两小时后要开庭,不能...
And that's why you need her.
所以你需要她
At least let her read the brief.
至少让她看一下诉状
Mrs. Florrick, do you mind reading a motion to compel?
福瑞克夫人,你介意看一下强制动议吗
Actually, I don't want to intrude. You're not intruding.
实际上,我不想强行插手,你没有
Captain. Ask her if she will read your brief.
上尉,你亲自问她是否愿意看你的诉状
It's just a motion to compel the production of a witness.
这只是强制证人出庭的动议而已
Nothing too elaborate.
没什么难的
I can see that.
我能看出来
I'm trying to keep it simple...
我想尽量言简意赅...
Well? It's well-reasoned.
怎么样,理由很充分
Thank you. Any pointers?
谢谢,请问有何指教
You won't win the motion.
你的动议会被否决
But you just said it was well-reasoned.
你刚说了理由充分
Cook County judges don't decide merely on reason.
库克县的法官不会仅凭理由充分而做出裁决
They decide on fear of being overturned on appeal.
害怕裁决在上诉中被推翻才是他们要考虑的
And they have nothing to fear here.
但本案中他们没什么可以怕的
They can sense when something's been written by a novice.
他们能感觉到这是新手写的
Sorry, but that's what you are.
对不起,但你就是新手
I have 12 years in the JAG Corps.
我在军法署工作了12年
Yes, and the judges will sense that.
是的,法官能看出来
The writing is too perfect, too neat.
你的文笔过于完美和流畅
You need to pull back on all the adjectives.
你需要删掉所有的形容词
Are you serious? Yes.
你认真的吗,是的
What do you suggest, Mrs. Florrick?
你有什么建议,福瑞克夫人
Well, this is a motion for Martinel Security
这个动议要求马氏保安公司
to present your attacker in court for questioning?
指派侵犯你的人出庭接受质询
Yes. Ricky Waters.
是的,瑞奇·沃特斯
And you don't know where Mr. Waters is being stationed in Afghanistan?
你不知道沃特斯先生在阿富汗何处驻扎
They won't respond to my discovery requests.
他们不理会我的请求
Well, first, you don't ask them.
首先,不要问他们
They'll lie either way.
不管怎样他们都会撒谎
You find out yourself.
你必须自己找到答案
And how do I do that?
我要怎么做
Consultation's over.
咨询时间结束
Am I hired?
我被雇用了吗
Thanks for doing this.
谢谢你帮我
It comes out on Monday, so I need to be ready.
文章会在下周一刊登,我必须准备好
I need something on the magazine or the editors or the writer.
我需要杂志或编辑或作者的丑闻
They're all Democrats, so it can't be politics.
他们都是民主党人,所以不能是政治方面的
Some bias in their background,
可以是对他们背景的偏见
a job they didn't get, a lawsuit.
他们没得到的工作,或者是官司
Don't worry if it's obscure.
模糊信息也无所谓
Just give me something I can build on.
只要是我能拿来炒作的就可以
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Are you here with me?
你听到我的话了吗
Are you being investigated by the Feds?
你正在接受联邦政府的调查么
No. I don't know. Am I? Why?
没有,我不知道,我有吗,为什么
Everybody's investigated at some point or another.
每个人都会因为一些事情被调查
Wh-Why? What are you hearing?
怎...怎么了,你听到什么消息了
Well, I'm not hearing anything.
我没听到任何消息
Okay, so what are we talking about?
好的,所以你想说什么
Where'd you get this?
你从哪儿弄到的
I can't say.
我不能说
Well, what is it?
它意味着什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Kalinda, what the hell?
凯琳达,搞什么
It's from a federal investigation.
它来自一桩联邦调查
The question is: Is this a photo about you or me?
问题是,照片的主人公是你还是我
Address and telephone number.
地址和电话
Wow. Thanks.
谢谢
You don't seem happy.
你看起来不高兴
It's just... I'm just busy.
只是因为...我太忙了
Your husband lost his bid.
你的丈夫输掉了投标
He won't be doing business in Chicago.
他不会在芝加哥做生意了
Hello, everyone.
大家好
I hope you're staying cool...
尽管11月的今天不同寻常的炎热
today on this unusually hot November day.
我还是希望你们保持冷静
And, uh, I hope you don't mind me saying,
请别介意我这样说
"Global warming: one, skeptics: zero."
全球变暖一分,怀疑者零分
Anyway, um, I believe we have a motion to consider?
言归正传,我们是否有一项动议要讨论?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
My client is suing the military contractor Martinel Security
我当事人要起诉军事承包商马氏保安公司
for the actions of an employee who tried to rape her.
该公司的一位员工试图强奸她
And I see that she herself is military personnel.
我看到她本身是军职人员
Welcome. I have great respect for all those in uniform
欢迎,尽管政府征兵的目的有待商榷
no matter how our government sees fit to employ them.
我对军人仍怀着崇高的敬意
Now, let's see. Oh, you were moving for the return
现在回到案件,你想让身在国外的人
of a witness from overseas.
回国出庭作证
Actually, your honor, there's been new information.
实际上,法官阁下,有点新情况
The witness, Ricky Waters, was transported back to the States
证人瑞奇·沃特斯回国休假两周
on two-week leave, and is a mere 12 miles from here, in Northbrook.
目前正在诺斯布鲁克,距此地仅19公里
Unfortunately, Martinel Security intends
不幸的是,马氏保安公司打算
to deploy him to Afghanistan in 48 hours.
48小时后派遣他到阿富汗
So this subpoena needs to be expedited.
所以这次的听证会必须加急执行
Oh, is that true, Mr...
如果这样...
Stabler? Uh, Bucky, Your Honor.
斯坦普勒先生,法官阁下,叫我巴奇
Bucky, of course. Uh, is this true?
当然,巴奇,情况属实吗
Actually, Your Honor,
实际上,法官阁下
whether it's true or not, we believe it's irrelevant.
不管是否属实,我们认为它与案件无关
Martinel Security is immune from all civil actions,
马氏保安公司豁免于所有民事指控
including this subpoena.
包括这次听证会
They're going for Feres. And why is that?
他们在说费尔法例,为什么
Feres v. The United States, Your Honor.
费尔诉美国政府一案,法官阁下
A serviceman or woman,
一位正在服役的军人
such as the plaintiff, cannot sue the military.
正如原告这样,不能起诉军方
Therefore, by extension, they cannot sue a contractor
由此引申出,他们不能起诉承包商
which is deemed an arm of the military.
因为它被看作军队的下设部门
Your Honor, the military contractor must prove
法官阁下,军方承包商必须证明
their aims and independence
他们的目的和资质
are subjected to the military, and unless Martinel
符合军方要求,如果马氏保安公司
can prove that the military ordered this rape...
不能证明军方授意了这场强奸...
Excuse me, that is offensive, Your Honor.
法官阁下,这太过分了
No, the offense here is you are trying to protect
不,真正过分的是你们试图阻止
one of your employees from facing his accuser in court.
你们的员工上庭面对他的控诉者
Captain Hellinger has served her country for 12 years.
海灵格上尉为她的国家效力了12年
At the very least, she deserves to face her rapist.
最起码,她应该与其强奸者当庭对峙
Accused rapist, counselor.
控方律师,是被指控的强奸者
Ah, yes. Accused rapist. Thank you.
是的,被指控的强奸者,谢谢你
Mr. Stabler-- uh, Bucky--
斯坦普勒先生...巴奇...
unless you have any more arguments, I'm ready to rule.
如果你说完了,我就准备裁决了
Your Honor. One of the consequences of modern warfare
法官阁下,现代战争的后果之一就是
is a blurring of the lines between soldiers and contract workers.
军人和合同雇工之间的界限模糊不清
Mr. Waters is being deployed to a military base
沃特斯将被派往一个
that is directly in the line of fire,
位于前线的军事基地
which is why he is granted
因此他和其他军人一样
the same protections from liability as every other soldier.
拥有同样的责任豁免的保护
In fact, Your Honor,
事实上,法官阁下
it's exactly on the same point of law
同类型的法律案件
that most rulings to the contrary have been overturned on appeal.
大多数支持控方的裁决都会在上诉中被推翻
Oh, come on! You'd be more subtle
少来了,发死亡威胁给法官
if you sent the judge a death threat...
都没有你这么直白
Your Honor... Mrs. Florrick, please.
法官阁下... 福瑞克夫人,且慢
Before I rule, I would like to hear evidence on
在裁决之前,我想听一下马氏跟军方
how closely aligned Martinel is with the military.
关系到底有多密切的证据
Your honor, we only have a 48-hour window here.
法官阁下,我们只有48小时可用
I understand that. We can do a lot in 48 hours.
我理解,但48小时可以做很多事了
If it's true that Mr. Waters is subject to the military hierarchy,
如果沃特斯先生真的隶属军方
I will conclude that he and Martinel are immune to lawsuit.
我将会裁决他和马氏在本案中有豁免权
You're good.
你很厉害
I've had practice.
经验而已
Take a compliment.
接受赞美吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
Let's win this.
我们赢下这案
So I get the fluff piece
所以我得到没价值的信息
and Mandy Post gets the real story?
而曼蒂·珀斯特得到真的故事?
The false story.
故事是假的
Yeah. Why am I here, Eli?
行,我来这里是为了什么,伊莱
What do you know about Mandy Post?
关于曼蒂·珀斯特你了解多少
What do I want to know about Mandy Post?
关于曼蒂·珀斯特我应该了解什么
She had a cousin in Illinois
她有个表亲在伊利诺斯州
going through a nasty divorce. Four years ago.
四年前离婚,闹得很不好看
The wife accused him
他妻子告他
of molesting one of their children.
猥亵他们的某个孩子
Okay...
好吧...
Mandy's cousin denied he was a molester, of course,
曼蒂的表亲当然否认这事
but the victim, a sweet nine-year-old girl...
但受害人,一个可爱的9岁女孩...
testified against her father,
作证指控她的父亲
and he was convicted.
于是他被定罪了
Eli, are we gossiping here, or are we working?
伊莱,我们是来工作的,还是聊八卦的
He's in prison now.
他现在在监狱
Mandy's cousin.
曼蒂的表亲
12 years.
被判12年
Guess who prosecuted him.
你猜是谁起诉的
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
Not for attribution.
不能录音
So you're saying that my competitor, Mandy Post,
你是说我的对手,曼蒂·珀斯特
wrote a story about Peter Florrick's sex life
写了篇关于彼得·福瑞克的性生活的文章
as payback for prosecuting her cousin?
作为对他起诉自己表亲的报复
I'm saying it's an interesting observation.
我只是说这是个有趣的情况
Florrick was the prosecutor? In a sense.
福瑞克是公诉人,可以这么说
He was the State's Attorney at the time.
他当时是州检察官
What? Same difference.
怎么了,反正差不多
No. It's not.
当然是不同的
Well, that's where you come in.
你就从这里入手
You know, journalism.
你懂的,新闻嘛
You lost the Florrick affair story to Mandy Post.
你在福瑞克绯闻事件上输给了曼蒂·珀斯特
What's the consolation prize?
那要拿什么来回敬呢
Showing Mandy had a hidden motive?
说明曼蒂另有动机如何
Peter?
彼得
Mom, Mom. Just one minute, okay?
妈妈,稍等一下,好吗
I'm fine. I'm always just fine.
没关系,我挺好的
Hey. Yeah, it's me.
嘿,是我
I just wanted to warn you...
我只是想提醒你
the story's coming out.
故事要登报了
And you may be questioned about it.
也许会有人问你相关的问题
Is it bad?
说得很难听吗
It's pretty bad.
非常难听
They say you approved.
他们说这是经你允许的
That we have an open marriage.
说我们是开放式婚姻
Have you heard anything from Maddie?
曼蒂有联系过你吗
No, but I don't expect to.
没,我觉得她不会联系我
You must be hurting on the money front.
你在资金方面会受挫吧
No, we're okay.
没有,我们还好
For now.
目前还好
You know, these things always come around, so...
这些事总会发生,所以...
I don't want to. Please calm down, Mrs. Florrick.
我不想,请冷静一下,福瑞克夫人
No, I'm not gonna calm down!
不,我不要冷静
Um, just one more quick thing.
还有件小事
Jackie is firing another caretaker.
杰姬又在开除护工
Have you got any other references I can...
你还有其他可以考虑的...
Sorry, no.
抱歉,没有
Hey, is it a woman? The one she's firing?
那是个女的吗,她开除的
Yeah. Why?
是啊,怎么了
Try a man.
找个男的试试
Really? Just a hunch.
真的,只是第六感
Ask the hospital if they have any men.
问问医院有没有男的
Okay, I will, thanks.
好,我问问,谢谢
Quit, quit!
走,走
Now go now, just go.
现在就走,走
Go. Go.
走,走
Everything all right?
一切都还好吗
I don't know.
我不知道
But I have given up on caring.
但我不关心了
Ryan Hood. I am founder and
瑞安·胡德,我是马氏保安公司的
chief executive officer of Martinel Security.
创立者和首席执行官
And you have been contracting to the U.S. Military for how long?
你和美国军方合作多久了
Well, since the beginning.
从公司建立开始至今
We were there in Iraq. We're there in Afghanistan.
伊拉克和阿富汗的战争我们都有参与
Ooh, how nice for you.
真厉害
Mr. Hood, let's discuss your role in these war zones.
胡德先生,谈一下你们在这些战争中的角色
You not only provide support for the military,
你们不仅为军方提供支援
you essentially fight alongside them.
还是重要的参战力量
Essentially.
确实重要
The American military is understaffed.
美国军方人员不足
There aren't enough personnel to fill all the combat needs.
人员数量无法满足战争需要
That's why Martinel, Blackwater
所以由马氏和黑水公司
and now Academi fill the gaps.
现名阿卡德米公司来补足空缺
But in the field, your employees
在战场上,你的雇员
answer to the military hierarchy?
要遵守军方的制度
Yes.
Without the chain of command, there would be anarchy.
没有指令系统,会出现混乱
So these-these lawsuits,
所以,这些...这些诉讼
these subpoenas,
这些传票
they have a tendency to complicate the pursuit of national interests.
有将追求国家利益的行为复杂化的倾向
Definitely.
绝对有
Take, for example, this subpoena of the witness, Ricky Waters...
比如,对证人瑞奇·沃特斯的传唤
The attempted rapist, Ricky Waters.
是强奸未遂犯,瑞奇·沃特斯
Excuse me, Your Honor.
抱歉,法官阁下
That is uncalled for.
这种指控是无理的
Yes, Mrs. Florrick, please refrain.
同意,福瑞克夫人,请克制一点
The witness, Ricky Waters,
证人瑞奇·沃特斯
trains soldiers in counter-insurgency techniques.
是训练士兵反叛乱技巧的人
If he isn't in Afghanistan, American lives will be endangered.
如果他没有去阿富汗,美军会伤亡惨重
Thank you, Mr. Hood. Your witness.
谢谢,胡德先生,该你了
Good morning, Mr. Hood.
早上好,胡德先生
Or, I'm sorry, what rank would you like to be referred to?
抱歉,你比较喜欢被称以什么军衔
Come on, counselor.
拜托,控方律师
This man is a CEO of a privately-held firm.
他是私营公司的首席执行官
He admits that. Not saying he's a general.
他已经说过了,他没说自己是将军
Bucky, please sit down.
巴奇,请坐下
Mrs. Florrick, I think I get your general point.
福瑞克夫人,我大概知道你的用意
Please proceed. Mr. Hood, uh...
请继续,胡德先生...
what is the penalty for insubordination in the military?
在军队里不服从命令的惩罚是什么
I don't understand. What insubordination?
我不明白,不服从什么命令
Well, let's take Articles 77 through 134
军事审判统一法规共有134条规定
of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
其中第77条写道
What is the penalty for insubordination in a combat zone?
在战区不服从命令的惩罚是什么
Do you mean "Missing the movement of a unit?"
你是指错过部队行动吗
Yes.
Well, court-martial. And, most probably, detention.
会被军事审判,很大可能会被拘留
Uh-huh.
没错
And any soldier not following orders from a superior into battle
所有不听从上级指令参与战斗的士兵
would be subject to court-martial?
都会交由军事法庭审判吗
Yes, ma'am.
是的,夫人
And, as you said, your employees follow these rules.
如你所说,你的雇员也遵守这些规则
So they would be subject to court-martial?
那他们也会被军事审判了
Yes. In a combat zone, yes.
在战争区,是的
Then please explain what happened with Martinel personnel
那请解释一下马氏全体人员
on October 12, 2011.
2011年10月12日的所作所为
"Explain?"
什么叫解释
Could you be more specific? Yes.
能具体点吗,好
Weren't Martinel employees ordered by the military high command
马氏的雇员去年10月12日
to offer security in the Ghanzi province
没有被军方上级命令在杭济省
on October 12 of last year?
进行保安工作吗
We weren't ordered; we were asked.
我们不是被命令,是被请求
I'm reading from a "General order", not a "General ask."
我是在读将军指令,不是将军请求
Well, I think "Order" was being used generically.
我觉得命令一词只是通称
We considered it an ask.
我们认为那是请求
I see. And didn't Martinel go on strike?
明白了,那马氏没有罢工吗
I wouldn't call it "On strike""
我觉得那不叫"罢工"
Counselor, I think your cocounsel wants you.
控方律师,你的副手要找你
In a letter to the high command,
在一封给上级的信里
you called it "A strike."
你自己说是"罢工"的
Yes, well, that was a personal joke between friends.
对,那只是朋友之间的玩笑
You went "On strike"
你们"罢工"
until the military ensured the protection of your employees.
直到军方落实了对你们雇员的保护
Yes.
And if a soldier had done that--
如果普通士兵做了这种事
refused to go into a combat zone without greater security--
拒绝进入没有更完善保护措施的战区
wouldn't he be court-martialed?
会被军事审判吗
That's not a fair comparison.
那样比较不公平
But it's true, he would be court-martialed?
但那是真的,他会交由军事法庭审理吗
Yes, but that's not a fair comparison.
会,但那样比较不公平
And why not?
为什么不公平
Because... those were exceptional circumstances.
因为那是特殊情况
Okay.
好吧
Thank you, everyone.
谢谢大家
Mrs. Florrick, I think you've made your point.
福瑞克夫人,你已经证明你的观点了
For the current circumstances, I will grant the subpoena.
鉴于目前这种情况,我同意传唤
Your Honor... Bucky, no.
法官阁下,巴奇,不
Please make Mr. Ricky Waters available for questioning
请让瑞奇·沃特斯先生
by... say, 3:00 this afternoon,
今天下午三点出庭接受询问
or be subject to arrest.
否则他将被逮捕
We won. Oh, not yet.
我们赢了,还没
You don't understand.
你不懂
Seeing him in court? We won.
只要他出庭,我们就会赢
It's still crap.
这些还是垃圾
Mr. Hayden, I understand that we might disagree,
海登先生,我知道我们可能不一致
but I wish you wouldn't refer to everything as...
但我希望你不要管什么都叫...
Cary.
凯里
How you doing?
你怎么样
Well. Thank you.
不错,谢谢
I'm glad you're in here.
很高兴你在这里
And I'm glad you survived the slaughter.
也很高兴你在大屠杀中幸存下来
The firings? Yes.
裁员,是啊
I seem to have a few lives left, thank you.
活了下来,谢谢
I've seen you talking to Clarke.
我看见你曾和克拉克谈话
He seems to like you.
他看起来喜欢你
That's good.
那不错
There aren't too many people here he likes.
这里受他喜欢的人不多
Well, I don't seek him out.
我没有找他帮忙
Yeah, I know.
我知道
I wonder if you know what's happened to him.
你是否知道他发生了什么事
He's become angrier and more abrasive with us.
他变得更加易怒,对我们的态度也更粗暴
He's starting to care.
他开始在乎了
On the Bishop case, he enjoyed it.
查毕夏普案子时,他乐在其中
He enjoyed participating.
他喜欢参与其中
He wants something like that.
他想做一些这样的事情
Something to build his life on.
他想要有这样的生活
He seems to think that Lockhart/Gardner might be it.
他似乎认为在洛克哈特&加德纳律所可以做到
But it's not his firm.
但这不是他的律所
Oh, I know. I'm not agreeing.
知道,我也不同意
I'm just suggesting why he might be more abrasive.
我只是觉得这可能是他态度粗暴的原因
He cares.
他在乎
Could you talk to him?
你可以跟他谈谈吗
Find out if that's what this is about?
找出原因是否如此
Sure. Good.
当然,好的
And how are you doing?
你做得怎么样
I have a question for you.
我有一个问题想问你
Yes.
是的
I'm not sure if I've done anything wrong with Will.
我不知道是否有什么地方让威尔不满
With Will? Why?
威尔吗,怎么了
I'm just wondering if he doesn't trust me.
只是觉得他可能不信任我
I know the State's Attorney's office.
我了解州检办
I know how they work.
我知道他们如何运作
But I haven't been on a single criminal case.
但我还没有办过任何刑事案件
I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should know.
我只想知道是否另有原因
No.
没有
No, I'm... I'm surprised.
没有,我很惊讶
Um, I'm sorry I haven't kept track, Cary.
凯里,很抱歉我没有留意
No, definitely, you should be put on criminal cases.
当然没其他原因,你应该办些刑事案件
I'll make sure that happens. Okay. Thank you.
我会安排的,好的,谢谢
And I'll talk to Mr. Hayden.
我会和海登先生谈的
Okay.
Uh... good.
很好
What was that about?
谈什么呢
Oh, partner stuff.
合伙人的事情
I have something on our-our tow truck magnate.
我有一些关于拖车大亨的消息
You have? What?
有吗,是什么
The winning bid.
竞标结果
There's a way to invalidate it.
有个方法可以让它失效
Streckler Automotive? How?
斯特克勒汽车公司吗,怎么做
One of their partners is an ex-government employee.
他们合作伙伴之一曾是政府雇员
They have to wait two years before they can bid.
他们得等两年才能参与竞标
And they did.
他们符合要求了
No, the bid got moved up by a month.
没有,竞标提早了一个月
They missed it by a week.
他们还差一个星期
They were a government employee?
他们中有政府雇员
Yes. By one week.
是的,还差一周
That means their bid can be invalidated.
意味着他们的竞标无效
And the bid would go to Nick Saverese.
尼克·赛弗里斯就可以中标了
If we want.
如果我们想要的话
If we want Nick Saverese still to be a client?
若我们想要尼克·赛弗里斯当客户的话吗
I'll take care of it.
我会搞定的
Mom, this is Cristian.
妈妈,这位是克里斯蒂安
Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
福瑞克夫人,你好
You're a man.
你是男人
Yes, but I have a nursing license.
是的,但是我有护理执照
Christian? What's Christian?
克里斯琴,哪里人
Mexican? Cristian. Cuban.
墨西哥人吗,是克里斯蒂安,古巴人
My family is from Cuba.
我的家庭来自古巴
Excuse me.
不好意思
Yeah?
什么事
Yes, yes, yes. Send it through.
是的,发过去吧
I don't need help.
我不需要帮助
Good. Then I won't supply it.
好,那我就不用照顾你了
I'll just collect my paycheck.
就领薪水就好了
How much is my son paying you? $40 an hour.
我儿子付你多少,一小时四十美元
$45 on the road.
出门的话,四十五美元
I don't need it, Peter.
彼得,我不需要
You're getting it, Mom.
妈妈,你需要
You don't want me to campaign with you?
你不想我跟你一起参加竞选活动了吗
No, I do. But I want you to be taken care of.
不,我想要,但我想照顾好你
I don't like him.
我不喜欢他
You haven't given me a chance.
你还没给过我机会呢
Don't eavesdrop.
不要偷听
Don't talk so loud when you gossip.
议论别人时,声音不要这么大
Uh, give him a chance, Mom.
妈妈,给他一个机会吧
Give him a chance.
给他一个机会
Hello. Yes, I'm on.
你好,是的,我还在
Yes, just send it through.
是的,就发过去吧
You okay?
你还好吗
Yes.
是的
Would you please state your name and occupation?
请陈述你的姓名和职务
Ricky Waters.
瑞奇·沃特斯
I'm an employee of Martinel Security,
我是马氏保安公司的员工
working in counter-insurgency training in Afghanistan.
在阿富汗从事反叛乱训练工作
Mr. Waters, thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.
沃特斯先生,谢谢你今天抽空出庭
You're welcome. I'm just a little surprised.
不客气,我只是感到有些惊奇
There must be some misunderstanding here.
这里肯定有误会
The plaintiff claims that you attacked her on April 30, 2011
原告控诉你于2011年4月30日在阿富汗
at Camp Dwyer in the Helman River Valley of Afghanistan.
赫尔曼河谷的德怀尔营地袭击过她
Yes, I read the charge.
是的,我看过起诉书了
Laura, I'm sorry, that didn't happen.
劳拉,对不起,没这回事
Sir, two things. Don't address my client.
先生,两件事,不要跟我的客户说话
And when you do refer to her,
还有提到她时
it's Captain Hellinger.
请称呼她为海灵格上尉
Yes, ma'am.
是,女士
My apologies. Captain.
对不起,上尉
So, you did know Captain Hellinger at Camp Dwyer.
那么在德怀尔营地你确实认识海灵格上尉
Yes, she was negotiating contracts for roads and hospitals.
是的,她负责道路和医院合同的谈判事宜
Sometimes we saw each other at the MWR, uh...
有时,我们在MWR会碰到
the Morale, Welfare, Recreational center.
士气,福利,休闲中心
Yes, the MWR.
是的,简称MWR
In fact, you had drinks at the MWR with Captain Hellinger
事实上,在起诉书所提到的那个晚上
on the night in question, did you not?
你曾和海灵格上尉在MWR喝过酒,是吗
Yes, there was a party for new reservists,
是的,那有个预备役军人的迎新派对
including myself. After which she claims
我也是新人,在那之后
that you both went back to her office.
她说你们一起回到了她的办公室
Well, we both had offices
我们两个的办公室都位于
on the first floor of the 35th Combat Support Hospital,
在第三十五野战医院的一楼
so, yes, we did go back.
所以,我们是一起回去了
And there she claims that you threatened her with a demotion
她声称,你威胁如果她不和你上床的话
if she refused to sleep with you.
你就降她的职
No, there's... no way that could have happened.
不,不可能有这种事
I have no sway over...
我根本没权力...
You were friends with Major Hart.
你跟梅杰·哈特是朋友
Captain Hellinger--
海灵格上尉
you must be quiet.
你要保持安静
What happened after that, Mr. Waters?
后来发生了什么,沃特斯先生
To the best of your memory.
请尽量详细地按你的记忆描述
Captain Hellinger was drinking.
海灵格上尉喝了酒
She was tipsy.
她醉了
I asked her if she wanted me to take her to her barracks.
我问她需不需要我送她回营房
She said no.
她说不需要
She kept hanging on me.
她一直对我拉拉扯扯
All I can imagine is that she took offense
我觉得唯一的可能是
at the way I was rebuffing her.
我的拒绝惹怒了她
I don't know what.
别的我就不知道了
So it is your sworn testimony
所以你愿意宣誓
that you never attacked Captain Hellinger.
你从没有侵犯过海灵格上尉
Correct.
In fact, I couldn't have attacked her.
而且,我也不可能侵犯她
I was sending an e-mail at 0010 that night.
那天晚上0点10分我正在发送一封邮件
Look at the time codes.
可以看一下邮件时间
The exact same time as this supposed attack.
正是所谓侵犯事件发生的时间
I'll have our investigator look into it.
我会让我们的调查员去查证
He may not have sent the e-mail.
他不一定发了那封邮件
He sent the e-mail.
他确实发了邮件
Damn it. This is a readout of all the e-mails sent
该死,这是4月29日和30日两天
from the 35th Combat Support Hospital on April the 29th and 30th.
从第三十五野战医院发出的所有邮件的数据
They got that to you fast. Yup.
他们这么快就给你了,是啊
Evidence that works against us they always deliver fast.
对我们不利的证据总是给得非常快
He sent the e-mail at the time of the attack.
他在侵犯事件发生的时间发了邮件
That doesn't change the fact.
但即便如此
He could've attacked her and sent the e-mail.
他也可能既侵犯了她,又发了邮件
There's something else.
还有别的证据
Something good? Something very good.
有利证据吗,非常有利
One minute later-- here-- another e-mail was sent
一分钟后,这里,隔壁办公室的终端机
from a terminal in the next office.
发送了另一封邮件
There was a witness? Yup.
这事有目击证人,对
Someone was in the next office at the time of the attack.
事情发生的时候有人在隔壁办公室
Let's subpoena him, and I'll get on with...
传唤他出庭吧,然后我来处理...
I'll just be right back.
我离开一下
Hi.
你好
Hi, Maddie. What's up?
玛蒂你好,最近怎么样
I tried to see you earlier, but, uh...
我之前来找过你,但是...
you were busy.
你很忙
We're fine, Maddie.
没事,玛蒂
We really are.
真的没什么的
You're not giving money to my husband. It's okay.
你不再出钱支持我丈夫了,这没关系
No. Um, it's just...
不,只是
I thought it only fair to warn you before I announce.
我觉得在宣布之前,先知会你一声好些
Announce what?
宣布什么
My candidacy.
我要参选
I'm running against your husband.
我要跟你丈夫竞争
Alicia, I know this will probably affect our friendship,
艾丽西娅,我知道这可能会影响我们的友情
but I really believe this campaign needs a woman.
但我真的认为这次的竞选需要一位女性
I thought your husband could represent our interests,
我本以为你丈夫能够代表我们的利益
but after this past week, this last story...
但过去的这一周里,刚出的这则新闻...
I know you say it's a lie, but women have always...
我知道你说那是谣传,但女性总是...
Maddie, you don't need to explain anything.
玛蒂,你不用解释
I know.
我知道
But I want you to understand.
但是我希望你能够理解
I understand, and you don't have to explain anything.
我理解,你不用解释
Okay.
Maybe we could still talk.
我们可以单纯聊天
Sure. Whenever you want.
当然,什么时候都可以
I'm sorry, Alicia, it's... the issues are too important to delay.
抱歉,艾丽西娅,有些重要问题亟待解决
And you have the money to run.
你也有足够的资金运作
It's not personal. Yep, just business.
并非针对他个人,对,公事公办而已
Alicia, how are you? What a pleasant...
艾丽西娅,你好吗,见到你真是...
Maddie Hayward is running against Peter.
玛蒂·海沃德要跟彼得竞争
She... What?
她要...什么
Maddie Hayward just came to my office to tell me
玛蒂·海沃德刚来我的办公室跟我说
that she is running against Peter.
她要跟彼得竞争
Yes. She doesn't feel he represents female issues.
对,她觉得彼得不能代表女性的利益
She's timing it to the affair story. Yes.
她就等着外遇新闻见报的时机,是的
And she's going to pull all his female support.
她会拉走彼得所有的女性支持者
I know. And she has money.
是啊,而且她有财力
And one last thing.
还有一件事
She befriended me and we talked.
她跟我做朋友,我们还聊了天
You... Yes.
什么,对
I shared some things she could possibly use.
我跟她聊了些事,或许会被她利用
You don't...
你别...
About you and Will?
关于你跟威尔的
No, about how I feel about Peter.
不是,关于我对彼得的了解
About being in the public eye.
关于作为公众人物的感受
About issues I think he's weak on.
关于他的弱点
Okay, we need to debrief you.
好,这事你得跟我们详细汇报
And Mike Kresteva needs to keep his hands
迈克·克里斯特娃不能染指
off seniors' medical benefits.
老年人的医疗福利
Is that the right line?
是念这句吗
Where are your glasses?
你的眼镜呢
Maybe if you find your glasses, you could read the line.
你要是找到眼镜就不会念错行了
Maybe if you kept track of my glasses.
你要是收好我的眼镜就不会丢了
You can't read the lines...
你看不清句子...
Don't even ask.
别问为什么
I need to go to court.
我要出庭
You need to deal with this.
你得先处理这事
No, after court.
不,出庭结束再说
Yes, oh...
对,你真是
It's in your lap now.
现在这是你的事
You can't do that Robocop.
你不能像机械战警一样
This is how you're going to do it: You lost your glasses...
你要这样,你丢了眼镜...
The difficulty we're running into, Your Honor,
法官阁下,现在我们面临的困难是
is that this witness-- the one who e-mailed at the same time
这位同时发了邮件的证人
and who we think heard and possibly observed the attack--
可能听到甚至目睹了事件过程
is Sergeant Wade Compton,
而这位名叫韦德·康普顿的中士
who is still serving in Afghanistan.
目前还在阿富汗服役
We can't subpoena him, Colonel,
上校,我们传唤不了他
and the command is rebuffing our efforts to transfer him home to testify.
指挥部也拒绝了我们让他回来作证的请求
Yes, I know. So you know we need him?
我知道,所以你明白我们需要他
We think this sergeant heard everything.
我们觉得这位中士可能听到了一切
I understand that. I'm not sure what you think I can do.
这我明白,但不知你们想让我做什么
Contact his superiors. Request that he testify in court.
联系他的上级,要求他出庭作证
Captain, you know I can't do that.
上尉,你明白我做不到
You know that exceeds my authority.
你明白那超出了我的权力范围
We thought that maybe you could make an extra effort,
既然您之前那么同情海灵格上尉
given your previous sympathy for Captain Hellinger's situation.
我们希望您能另外想想办法
Mrs. Florrick, you are asking something of me
福瑞克夫人,你的请求
that goes beyond my ability.
已经超出我的能力范围
Thank you, Colonel.
谢谢你,上校
Is there something else, Mrs. Florrick?
还有别的事吗,福瑞克夫人
You know what's going on here.
您知道这是怎么回事
The Army doesn't want her to win.
军队不想让她胜诉
They are siding with Martinel
他们偏袒马氏公司
because they don't want their contractor undercut.
因为他们不希望承包商利益受损
Yes, that's my understanding.
没错,我知道这一点
She's being pressured to quit. Did you know that?
有人给她施压逼她退伍,您知道吗
I didn't know that.
我不知道
But I understand it.
但我能够理解
So, why won't you help?
那您为什么不帮忙呢
Mrs. Florrick, stop playing on my emotions.
福瑞克夫人,别想让我感情用事
I know what you're saying.
我明白你的意思
And if it were in my ability to help, I would.
若能帮我自然会帮
He's reading the Steve Jobs biography.
他在读《史蒂夫·乔布斯传》
Excuse me?
什么
You were wondering why Mr. Hayden was acting so abrasive?
你之前问为什么最近海登先生态度强硬
He's reading the Steve Jobs bio.
他在读乔布斯的自传
That's why he says everything "Sucks" or is "Crap."
因此他说什么都是"太烂了"或者"垃圾"
The same thing happened at the State's Attorney's office.
州检察官办公室也发生过这样的事
Some managers, they think it worked for Jobs,
一些管理人士觉得,在乔布斯身上行得通
it'll work for them.
他们也可以
What would you do?
那你会怎么处理
It wears off.
过段时间就好了
But do you want me to talk to him? That'd be good.
但你需要我和他谈谈吗,那样最好
Oh, and I have two criminal cases I want you to look at.
我这有两起刑事案件想让你看看
They might plead out, but I'm not sure.
可能要做有罪辩护,但我不确定
A glass of white?
来杯白葡萄酒吗
Thanks for doing this.
谢谢你这么做
Having a drink? Why not?
喝酒吗,何乐而不为
There's a chance the winning bid could be invalidated.
投标结果可能被宣布无效
My husband's bid?
我丈夫参与的投标?
Streckler Automotive made a mistake.
斯特克勒汽车公司的竞标资格有问题
One of their partners used to be connected to the city.
他们的一个合作伙伴以前是市政府的员工
That makes sense.
怪不得
So... he'll win the bid?
那...他会中标吗
Only if he knows about it.
除非他知道这事
How could he not know about it?
他怎么会不知道呢
He asked us to check into Streckler Automotive's payoffs.
他让我们去查斯特克勒汽车公司的行贿行为
He did not ask us to check into their partners.
但并没要我们查他们的合作伙伴
Do you love him?
你爱他吗
No.
Then?
那?
I...
我...
I have difficulty being away from him.
我很难摆脱他
Is he dangerous?
他危险吗
Sometimes.
偶尔
Shouldn't you stay away, then?
那你难道不该躲他远点吗
Yeah.
是啊
That's odd.
奇怪
Judge Kuhn.
是库恩法官
And the panel investigating the mainstreaming of gender
负责审理军队性别主流化案件的审判小组
in the military is back in session.
现在重新开庭
We have one more witness for the panel.
请出下一位证人
Are you ready to be questioned, Sergeant?
你准备好回答问题了吗,中士
Yes, ma'am.
准备好了,长官
Please supply your name for the record.
请提供你的姓名以供记录在案
Sergeant Wade Compton.
韦德·康普顿中士
Thank you, Sergeant,
谢谢你,中士
for returning from Afghanistan for this session.
感谢你从阿富汗赶来出庭
This panel has only one question for you, Sergeant.
审判小组只有一个问题要问你,中士
Yes?
请讲
What do you think of the mainstreaming of gender in the military?
你怎么看军队的性别主流化问题
What do I think?
我怎么看
Yes.
是的
I don't... know.
我不...知道
Uh, it's... good?
我觉得...做得挺好
Thank you, Sergeant. You're excused.
谢谢你,中士,你可以退庭了
That's it?
就这样吗
Yes. Thank you for returning at our request.
是的,感谢你应邀前来
Sergeant Compton?
康普顿中士
Do you have a moment?
你有空吗
I seem to have a lot of moments.
我似乎非常有空
What do you need?
你们有什么事
Sergeant Wade Compton.
韦德·康普顿中士
Camp Dwyer, Afghanistan.
服役于阿富汗德怀尔营
I serve as liaison with private contractors during training.
我在训练间隙负责联络私营承包商
And where is your office located?
你的办公室在什么位置
In the 35th Combat Support Hospital.
在第三十五野战医院
Near Captain Hellinger's and Mr. Waters' offices?
挨着海灵格上尉和沃特斯先生的办公室吗
Yes, ma'am. Captain.
是的,女士,上尉
And given your proximity to them,
既然你离他们那么近
did you have occasion to hear anything unusual...
你有没有听到过什么异常的声音...
Objection. Hearsay, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下,传闻证据
It's an admission against interest.
这是不利于己的供认
Sergeant Compton's job depends on positive reports
康普顿中士的工作依赖于他的上司
from Mr. Waters, his superior.
沃特斯先生给予的正面评价
Anything negative that he says is therefore an exception to hearsay.
因此他的任何不利证词都不属于传闻证据
Uh... overruled.
反对无效
You may answer.
你可以回答
I heard voices--
我听到过
Captain Hellinger and Mr. Waters arguing.
海灵格上尉与沃特斯先生争吵
About what?
争吵什么
Well, Mr. Waters wanted to have sex with Captain Hellinger.
沃特斯先生想要和海灵格上尉发生关系
And she resisted his advances? Yes, ma'am.
她拒绝了他吗,是的,女士
Physically? Yes.
有肢体冲突吗,有
I heard them struggle.
我听到他们在拉扯
I think he ripped her clothes
好像他撕破了她的衣服
and she kicked him, and then he called her a "Bitch."
她踢了他,然后他叫她"贱人"
A "Nasty bitch," I think is what he said.
"下流的贱人"我觉得他是这么叫的
And then... she ran out of there.
然后...她逃出了办公室
And why didn't you come forward until now, Sergeant?
那你为什么现在才出庭作证,中士
Well, like you said,
就像你说的
Mr. Waters is kind of like... my boss.
沃特斯先生在某种意义上,是我领导
I mean, he's close with my C.O., so...
他和我的指挥官交往很深,所以
So you feared for your job.
所以你害怕会丢掉工作
I...
我...
Yes, ma'am. Thank you.
是的,女士,谢谢
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官阁下
Anything, counselor?
被告律师,你有问题吗
Counselor?
被告律师
Uh, yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
Sergeant Compton,
康普顿中士
you seem pretty clear as to the events of that night.
看来你对那晚发生的事情有所了解
Do you remember it well?
你记得清楚吗
Yes, sir.
清楚,先生
Then do you remember what time it was
那你记不记得,你听到
that you heard this attack on Captain Hellinger?
海灵格上尉被袭击时,是几点钟
I always wait until close to midnight
因为时差的关系,我总是等到
to e-mail my girlfriend, because with the time difference.
临近午夜时分给我女友发邮件
So, I remember I was waiting
所以,我记得我听到他们争吵时
for an e-mail back when I heard the fight.
正在等我女友的回复
It was about 0015.
那时大概是0点15分
0015. So, for the benefit of us civilians,
0点15分,向我等在座的平民说明一下
that's after midnight?
那是已过午夜了,对吗
Yes, 15 minutes after.
是的,过了15分钟
What's he after?
他想干什么
Defense Exhibit D, Your Honor.
请看辩方证物丁,法官阁下
Mr. Waters' reserve deployment orders.
是沃特斯先生的预备役部署命令
And as you can see,
正如您所看到的
Mr. Waters was officially called up to active duty
沃特斯先生就在当天午夜
as of that very same midnight.
被正式征召入伍
Objection, Your Honor!
反对,法官阁下
What could you possibly object to, Mrs. Florrick?
你有什么可反对的,福瑞克女士
You proved your point.
你已证实你方观点
Mr. Waters attacked your client.
即沃特斯先生袭击了你的当事人
I did not!
我没有
But at the time of the attack,
但在袭击发生时
he was no longer working for Martinel Security.
他已不再是马氏保安公司的员工了
By 15 minutes, Your Honor.
只过了15分钟,法官阁下
It doesn't matter if it was 15 seconds.
不管是15分钟还是15秒
He was in the Army on active duty
那时他已是现役军人了
and therefore protected by Feres v. the United States.
因此他受到费尔法例的保护
And Captain Hellinger is barred by law from suing him.
海灵格上尉依法不能起诉他
Your Honor. Mrs. Florrick,
法官阁下,福瑞克女士
you will have every opportunity to verify the timeline,
你可以尽可能地去证实事发时间
but I'm afraid Mr. Stabler is right.
但恐怕斯坦普勒先生是对的
Unless you can prove that the attack occurred before midnight,
除非你能证明袭击发生在午夜以前
I will have no choice but to dismiss the case.
否则我恐怕不得不驳回起诉
I wasn't watching the clock.
我没有看表
I was trying to get out of there without getting raped.
我只顾着从那里逃出来,别被强奸
Of course you were. That's not the issue.
我们理解,那不是问题所在
The issue is the length of the assault.
问题是性侵犯持续的时间
Meaning what?
什么意思
You said he started harassing you in the bar at the MWR? Yes.
你说他在MWR的酒吧开始骚扰你,对
And then he followed you back to the office?
然后他跟踪你回到办公室
So it could be viewed as one long attack?
所以是否能认为该侵犯行为具有持续性
I... I can't lie.
我...我不能说谎
It's not about lying.
这与说谎无关
It's about more fully remembering a past event.
这是在更完整地回忆起过去的事件
I know, it sounds like a rationalization.
我知道,这听起来像是文过饰非
It's not. You were hit on in the bar.
其实不是,你在酒吧被挑逗
You pushed him off. Maybe even laughed.
你推开了他,甚至可能有过说笑
Not because it was funny,
但并不是因为你觉得好笑
but because it's the easiest way to make him go away.
而是因为那是最快地打发他的办法
Then I went back to my office.
然后我回到我的办公室
And I wasn't afraid until he followed me there.
他跟踪我到了那我才开始感到害怕
Do you think that he had the same intent
你认为他在酒吧里的企图
at the bar as he did in the office?
与他在办公室里的企图一致吗
To have sex, or force you to have sex?
企图实施性行为,或者说强奸你
Yes, but legally, it doesn't matter.
是,但从法律角度看,这点并不重要
The only thing that matters is
唯一重要的问题是
whether I experienced it as one attack.
我是否遭到了实质性的侵犯
Laura, you need to stop thinking as a lawyer.
劳拉,你得停止像律师一样思考问题
We're your lawyers. Experience it as a woman.
我们才是你的律师,你要从女人角度来思考
So when Mr. Waters first propositioned you,
沃特斯先生初次向你提出要求时
it was at the bar at the MWR? Yes.
是在MWR的酒吧吗,是
What did you do? I said no.
你如何回应,我说了不
And he persisted? Yes.
他仍坚持,是
It was like he wouldn't take no for an answer.
他不肯善罢甘休
He'd been drinking, he was getting angry.
他一直灌酒,然后开始发脾气
Did you fear for your safety?
你担心自身安全吗
Yes. That's why I left the MWR,
是,因此我离开了MWR
because his behavior was scaring me.
因为他的行为吓坏了我
But then he followed me to my office.
但是他跟踪我到了办公室
One last question, Captain Hellinger.
最后一个问题,海灵格上尉
What time did this conduct take place at the bar?
酒吧里的行为发生在何时
It was about 23:30. Thank you.
23点30分左右,谢谢
So you're saying this was one prolonged assault, is that it?
你是说这是一次延续性的侵犯,对吗
And since it began before midnight,
并且因为事发于午夜之前
Martinel Security is, in fact, still liable? Yes.
马氏保安公司实际上仍然有责任,是
So we are to assume that
那么我可以推定
you were in fear for your safety during this whole time?
你整个时间段在都担心自身安全吗
Yes. That's very convenient, isn't it?
可以,这样说会很方便,对吗
Argumentative, Your Honor.
争论性问题,法官阁下
Sorry. I'll withdraw that and offer this instead.
抱歉,我收回上一问,换个问题
You sent a text message that same night
你当晚发了一条短信
to a Lieutenant Parisi of the JAG Corps.
给军法署的帕里西中尉
She a friend of yours?
她是你的朋友吗
Yes, that's right.
是的
Would you read it for us, please, out loud?
请把这个读给大家听,大声读
"Leaving MWR now. CK was blitzed. LMAO."
我要离开MWR了,CK烂醉,笑死我了
Would you clarify for the court what "LMAO" means?
你能向法庭阐释LMAO的意思吗
Uh, that's quite all right. I think I'm aware. LOL.
没必要了,我知道意思,大笑
Very well, Your Honor.
那好吧,法官阁下
Please, Captain, continue.
上尉,请继续
"So happy I'm off tomorrow.
明天不上班真开心
Off to catch some Zs. Night, girl."
可以多睡一下,晚安啦,亲爱的
And what's the time stamp on that text message?
短信上的时间标记呢
11:52 P.M.
晚上11点52分
11:52 P.M. So you must have sent that message
晚上11点52分,那你必然是在
while you were walking back from the MWR
MWR回到你办公室的期间
to your office at that time, did you not?
发了那条短信,对吗
Yes.
It doesn't sound like you were in fear for your safety, though,
看上去可不像是你走回办公室时
as you were walking back to your office, does it?
在担心自身安全问题啊,对吗
Damn you!
你这个混蛋
Get in line.
找我请排队
I got fired, Eli! What?
我被辞退了,伊莱,什么
My editor thought it was unprofessional
我的编辑认为我是公报私仇
that I was pursuing a personal agenda.
违反职业标准
Now I'm the story.
现在我倒成了新闻
You sicced Peggy Byrne on me like an attack dog,
你唆使佩吉·伯恩像狗似的追着我咬
and now I am out.
我被踢出局了
Well, look at it this way.
你换个角度想吧
The good thing about a 24-minute news cycle
新闻滚动周期缩短的好处便在于
is that they'll all be on to something else soon.
一会儿功夫就新闻变旧闻
If it's any consolation,
如果这样说能安慰你的话
I do feel a tiny bit bad about it.
我确实为此感到有一丁点儿难过
They say dancing the mambo is like talking to angels.
人们说跳曼波舞就像与天使对话一样
Oh, you kidder!
你在开玩笑吧
What? It's true.
怎么了,这是真的
I'll teach you the mambo. It's so easy.
我可以教你跳曼波舞,很简单
Come on. We'll be late. Let's get the car.
得了,我们要迟到了,上车吧
You were right.
你说得没错
I just had to give him a chance.
我只需要给他一个机会
I see that.
我看见了
Sometimes a mother has to listen to her son.
有时候母亲得听儿子的意见
Thank you.
谢谢你
Good evening, Mr. Gold.
晚上好,戈德先生
Indeed it is, Mrs. Florrick.
今晚确实好,福瑞克夫人
What?
怎么了
She's happy.
她很高兴
Yeah, she is.
嗯,是的
Please sit.
请坐
I...
I've given this a great deal of thought.
我对此思虑良多
And I want you to know, Captain Hellinger,
海灵格上尉,我想告诉你
that I am truly sympathetic to your plight.
我非常同情你的遭遇
To be denied justice in military court was tragic.
在军事法庭无法伸张正义是悲惨的
To be denied justice again in civilian court is just cruel.
在民事庭仍然如此则是残酷的
But I'm afraid the Supreme Court has spoken very clearly
但是恐怕最高法院在费尔一案中
in Feres, as much as I may personally disagree.
已作出明确裁定,尽管我个人不太同意
Mr. Waters was an Army reservist at the time of the attack,
侵害发生时沃特斯先生是一名预备役军人
and therefore is immune from liability.
因此而免责
As such, I'm afraid I must dismiss the case.
据此,我必须驳回起诉
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you, Bucky.
谢谢你,巴奇
No hard feelings.
别再生气了
Step back!
走开
Yes, Colonel.
是,上校
Captain.
上尉
Colonel.
上校
We'll appeal. No.
我们会上诉,不
No appeals. I'm done.
不上诉,够了
I'm so sorry.
真抱歉
We got him into court.
我们让他出庭了
That's more than I thought we'd do.
已经比我预想的好
What do you do when... when it's all over?
此事结束后,该怎么办呢
You start up again.
重新开始
Well, thank you very much.
非常感谢你
That's really great news. Okay.
真是好消息,好的
Done!
搞定
Any more money calls, Eli?
还有其他赞助方来电吗,伊莱
There are always more money calls.
总是会有赞助方来电的
Maddie Hayward...
玛蒂·海沃德
the competition.
竞争对手
Well, I couldn't just let you run away with this.
我不能放任你逃离这个问题
Your innermost feminist demanded satisfaction.
你需要满足内心深处的女权主义吧
Something like that, yes.
差不多是那样
Well, first of all, Maddie,
玛蒂,首先
I'm gonna beat you.
我会击败你
And then I'm gonna beat the Republican, Kresteva.
然后再击败共和党的克里斯特娃
No, Peter. You need money.
不,彼得,你缺钱
I have money. I'm willing to spend my own.
我有钱,我愿意为自己花钱
People are drawn to people willing to spend their own.
选民们更愿意支持经济独立的候选人
Maybe you beat me, but you'll be tapped out,
也许你能击败我,但同时你也花光了钱
and Kresteva will outspend you.
然后克里斯特娃会以财力击败你
But there is another way.
但你还可以有别的出路
I can hardly wait.
等不及洗耳恭听
You drop out and run as my lieutenant governor.
你退出,再来作为我的副州长参选
It's a good position. You'd be good at it.
是个好职位,你能胜任
You used my wife.
你利用了我妻子
You befriended her and used her.
你跟她做朋友,利用了她
I didn't use her. I befriended her.
我没有利用她,我是跟她做了朋友
I didn't know I was going to do this.
我当时并不知道我会来竞选
You know, I can trust a cynic and a con man,
我可以信任愤青和骗子
but I can't trust a hypocrite
但无法信任伪君子
because the hypocrite doesn't know when she's lying,
因为伪君子说谎而不自知
and that's the most dangerous liar of them all.
伪君子就是最危险的说谎者
So that's a no? That's more than a no.
所以你不同意,不止这次不同意
That's a never.
永远都不会同意
Okay. See you out there.
好吧,我们再会
Well?
接下来
Let's get started.
让我们开始吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
benefit ['benifit]

想一想再看

n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.

联想记忆
biography [bai'ɔgrəfi]

想一想再看

n. 传记

联想记忆
rationalization [.ræʃənəlai'zeiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 合理化

联想记忆
stamp [stæmp]

想一想再看

n. 邮票,图章,印,跺脚
v. 跺脚,盖章

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
liaison [li(:)'eizɑ:n]

想一想再看

n. 联络,(男女间)私通

联想记忆
testimony ['testiməni]

想一想再看

n. 证明,证据

联想记忆
conclude [kən'klu:d]

想一想再看

vi. 总结,作出决定
vt. 使结束,推断出

联想记忆
contrary ['kɔntrəri]

想一想再看

adj. 相反的,截然不同的
adv. 相反(

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。