手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第三季 > 正文

广告狂人第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第9集:辞掉拍摄的导演

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Hello?

Do you ever pray on a difficult problem?
你会为困难而祷告吗
Connie.
康尼
I had this Revelation
我感知到了上帝的神示
New York city is not a domestic destination like say Dallas.
纽约不会和达拉斯一样,定位为国内目标城市
I'm sorry. What?
你说什么
You know God speaks to us.
你知道,上帝赐予我们启示
We have an impulse and we act on it.
我们就有了动力,然后将之付诸行动
That's very interesting.
真有趣
How do we know to do it Don?
我们如何觉察行动时机呢,唐
How do we know to do something?
我们如何知道该不该行动呢
Instinct.
直觉
So you're just like a dog?
像狗一样靠直觉吗
I knew the patina of the Waldorf
我知道华尔道夫酒店的光芒
would shine over all my domestic properties.
在国内是熠熠生辉的
But it hasn't worked abroad.
但在国外就不行了
I know I just gave you New York
我虽然只让你管理纽约分部
But can you help me with that?
但你能帮我想办法冲向国际吗
You want me to take your international business Connie?
康尼,你想让我也负责你的国际业务吗
I want you to earn it.
我希望你帮我赢得国际市场
A little bit of "Wow"
至少应该表现出惊喜吧
as a lady friend of mine used to say.
就像我一个女性老友常做的那样
Let me think on that.
让我想想
It sounds like pride but I want Hiltons all over the world.
也许有些自大,我希望希尔顿遍布全球
Like missions.
如传教一般
I want a Hilton on the moon. That's where we're headed.
连月球上也有希尔顿,这才是我们的目标
Okay.
好吧
America is wherever we look wherever we're going to be.
目所能及,行之所至,都是美国的标志
That's very good Connie.
这目标非常伟大,康尼
You're the one who said that to me.
是你让我产生这种想法的
Well I guess it's not that memorable.
我倒记不清了
Write up a proposal for the New York Hiltons as convention spaces
纽约希尔顿即将作为会场,你写个计划书
And send it over to me by noon.
中午前发送给我
I'll take it on the plane. Done.
我会在飞机上看,行,
Goodbye.
再见
I'm sorry about that. It's okay.
不好意思,没事,
I don't think the 4:00 a.m. feedings are over yet.
凌晨四点正好是他吃奶的时间
"I want what I want when I want it"
"我饿了就得吃,管它是什么时间呢"
And you don't care what it does to the rest of us.
你才不管有没有影响到其他人呢
Like someone else I know.
和我知道的某个人一样
The baby's up every three hours.
宝宝三小时醒一次
Hilton only calls every four.
希尔顿每四小时才打个电话
I think you like it.
我觉得你喜欢那样
What are you doing?
你要干什么
I can't sleep. I'm going in.
我睡不着,上班去了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I'm running. In the dark?
跑步,在一片漆黑中跑吗,
It's cool it's quiet
很凉爽,很安静
And no one bothers me.
没人打扰
You're wrong about that.
那你错了
Let me give you a ride. Where are you going?
我载你一程,你去哪儿
I'm going home and the whole idea is to run there.
我回家,如果坐车的话,晨跑就没有意义了
Well take a break. Do you smoke?
那休息一会,你抽烟吗
Take me up to Ross Lane.
送我去罗斯街
Don't.
别关(马丁路德金《我有一个梦想》演讲)
When school starts i'm going to read it to the kids the first day.
开学后第一天我就要把这个念给孩子们听
Do you think they can understand?
你觉得他们能听懂吗
I think they already know it.
他们应该早就知道这些了
And it'd be nice for them to hear an adult say it.
再从成人嘴里听一遍比较好
Who are you?
你到底是个怎样的人
I mean...
我的意思是
Dumb or pure?
你是太蠢还是太纯洁?
Running out here in the middle of the night and I run into you.
半夜遇见你,你在黑夜里跑步
How did that happen?
怎么会有这样的人呢
What are you doing on the road?
你又在路上做什么
I don't know. I can't sleep.
不知道,我睡不着
Right or left. Just let me out up here.
左拐还是右拐,这里下就行了,
It's a nice house.
房子不错
I rent the apartment over the garage.
我租了车库上面的那间
Have coffee with me. You'll be late for work.
和我喝杯咖啡吧,你上班要迟到的,
I'm always late.
我经常迟到
It's coffee.
只是喝杯咖啡
Maybe that's why you can't sleep
这大概就是你睡不着的原因
Too much coffee.
喝太多咖啡了
Good morning.
早上好
Sorry.
抱歉
How long have you been there? I had no idea.
你躺在那多久啦,我完全不知道
Can you get me some coffee please?
能给我倒杯咖啡吗
And I need you to type this up
我要你把这个打出来
And get it to Hilton before he leaves for Europe.
然后在希尔顿去欧洲前交给他
Actually he's going to California.
其实他是要去加利福利亚
He already left two messages on the service.
他已经给你留了两次言
Do you want me to get him?
要我马上转接进来吗
This. Coffee. Hilton.
先去打印,然后倒咖啡,再说希尔顿
Of course.
好的
Mr. Draper usually brings this in.
通常是德雷柏先生取报纸的
He left early.
他一早就走了
Can we go outside now?
我们现在能出去了吗
It's raining. Go upstairs.
外面在下雨,上楼去
I did not sleep last night.
我昨晚彻夜未眠
Go take a nap. I'll shop in the afternoon.
去躺会吧,下午我去买东西(亨利,别人能看到这个吗)
It could either be the view of the acropolis
可以是雅典卫城的全景
or just these big columns like you're standing there.
也可以是些大柱子,让你感觉置身其中
Then below it "Your window on the world. Hilton Period."
下面写着:希尔顿,为您打开世界之窗
That window looks as old to me as those columns.
那扇窗户看起来和石柱一样古老
Did anybody look at a picture of the Athens Hilton?
有人看过雅典城的希尔顿酒店吗
Sliding doors don't read as windows.
滑动门和窗户是不一样的
And believe it or not we're not allowed to pretend that
不管怎样,我们不能装作
That's the view from the window of the Hilton
这就是透过希尔顿之窗看到的景色
because it's not.
因为这和事实不相符
Other than that?
还有什么建议吗
The tag is flat.
广告语太平淡了
Well that one's yours.
这广告语可是从你口中说出来的
That doesn't make it good. If it's bad don't use it.
我说的不一定就好,如果不够经典,就别用
What else?
还有事吗
There are 16 graphically perfect reduced photographs
这儿有一幅十六格画
of Hilton Hotels all on a grid.
简约地描绘了希尔顿酒店的各部分
A simple headline.
还有一个简练的标题
"You go. We'll meet you anywhere."
"您离家在外的日子,处处有我们的相伴"
Now that I can finally understand you
这下我终于能理解你们的作品了
I am less impressed with what you have to say.
可以说你们的创意非常平庸
That's your work too.
那也是你的作品
Who is "We"? "We" are Hilton.
"我们"指谁,希尔顿酒店,
And how do I know that?
我如何知道这一点
Take out a magnifying glass and look at one of those tiny hotels?
掏出个放大镜来看这些小图片吗
I write "Hilton" very big under this Greek.
希腊语下面,"希尔顿"三个字写得很大
There is no deadline.
没有最后期限
I want to see work as you think of it.
我要看到你们理想的作品
Give me more ideas to reject.
给我更多的创意,让我来否决
I can't do this all by myself.
仅靠我一人之力根本无法做到
I'm telling you it's bad for me.
我跟你说,这对我有害
What's that supposed to mean?
这话什么意思
And cut!
关机
Well I think we've finally got it.
行了,我们终于成功了
I told you
我和你说过
You had it the first time if that's what you want.
如果你要的就是这个效果,拍第一遍时就有了
And I told you I want what you want.
我也告诉过你,你想要的效果就是我所追求的目标
Where is he supposed to be looking? Onto the horizon.
他到底在看什么,地平线的尽头,
We want people to focus on the Lucky.
我们希望观众们的注意力集中在香烟上
This is what your father signed off on.
这是你父亲想要的
Let me see it again. Nathaniel again please.
让我再看一次,纳撒尼尔,请再来一次,
Watch through the camera.
透过镜头看
That's a good idea.
好主意
Action.
开始
I just don't know what he's looking at.
我就是不明白他在看什么
I want him staring right at us at the end.
我希望最后他能看着我们
There's a style for the draw on these spots
这些镜头是特殊设计过的
And it's stop inhale thousandYard stare.
停下,深吸一口香烟,再眺望远方
Tell me what you think.
告诉我你是怎么想的
I think you're the client and we should do what you want.
我认为你是客户,我们应该按你的要求做
It can make people very uncomfortable.
这样会让观众觉得很不舒服
Walter Cronkite does it every night.
沃尔特?克朗凯特每天晚上都这样(CBS名主持人)
Now let's take a risk together shall we Sally?
我们一起冒一次险吧,可以吗,萨尔
Going again.
重来
This time Nathaniel on the draw look right in the lens.
纳撒尼尔,这次直视镜头
We have to get a pencil case.
我们要买个铅笔盒
What's wrong with your pencil box?
你的旧铅笔盒坏了吗
How was the first day?
第一天怎么样
I wish I could've found the camera
我真希望手里有台相机
Just so we could see the difference on your face
就能记录下你们脸上的变化
From when you left this morning to when I picked you up.
早上离家时和接你们回家时完全不同
So you like your teacher? She's okay.
喜欢你们的老师吗,还行,
It's Mrs. Patton. All they do is draw.
是派顿太太,一整天都让他们画画
Is this today's mail? UhHuh.
这是今天的信吗,是的,
I'll get him. Would you?
我去看看他,行,
You're so quiet. You must be tired.
你很沉默嘛,一定累了吧
I'm not tired.
我不累
I really want a pencil case to put in my looseleaf.
我真的需要一个铅笔盒来放零散的东西
We'll see.
再说吧
Cut.
关,
So it's a rhythm? That's true.
这是背景音吗,是的,
Obviously it'll sound better with the announcer's voice.
要是是播音员的声音就好了
It sounded like you had half of a pastrami in your mouth.
这声音听上去像嘴里含了半块熏肉
It's a scratch track.
只是临时音轨
I didn't know you were going to show it to the client.
我不知道你会给客户听
I know I'm supposed to stay away till the screening
我知道在广告播出前我不该参与的
But I am fascinated by this process.
但我对这个过程太感兴趣了
Oh you're thinking about getting out of cigarettes
你难道有意脱离烟草业
and into the movies?
转而进军电影圈吗
Not while my father's alive.
除非我父亲死了
Well if we rerecord the sound tonight
如果我们今晚录好配音
We can probably finish this.
很快就可以大功告成了
I heard you the first time.
你已经说过一遍了
I'll be in the booth.
我去一下放映棚
I'd appreciate it if you'd...
我希望你能忘记
Forget all that nonsense I was saying before.
我刚才的胡言乱语
What are you talking about?
你指什么
The movies my father.
电影,我父亲
Forgotten.
我已经忘了
Sorry but I had a long wet lunch.
不好意思,我的午餐吃了很久,喝了很多酒
Oh really? Too much to drink?
是吗,喝的太多了吗
And other things.
还有别的事情
Secretaries nowadays they don't give you choice.
现在的秘书们,你根本没有选择的余地
You know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗
I don't have a secretary.
我没有秘书
How'd my shot turn out?
我指导的那个镜头,拍摄效果如何
I'm not sure.
我也不确定
I think it's gonna feel strange.
我觉得这会让人感觉很奇怪
Lucky Strike has a way of doing things.
幸福时光一直有着自己的风格
Look at this.
看这里
Hmm. Yeah see?
看到了吗
I don't think that's so bad.
我觉得还不错
Come on. He's not coming back for a while.
没事的,他一时半刻不会回来
I'll lock the door.
我会把门锁上
I'm married.
我结婚了
So am I.
我也是
There's been a misunderstanding.
这一定有什么误会
I know what I know.
我相信自己的感觉
Jerry should have the tracks done.
杰瑞应该弄好音轨了
You can see the whole thing tomorrow or when it's done.
你明天可以看到成品,或者等到正式播出时
I'll probably be busy tomorrow.
我明天估计会很忙
I've got it. You're at work.
我明白了,你在工作
That's too bad.
真扫兴
"Henry I'm so pleased there's a place that I can write to.
"亨利,我真高兴还有个人能听我倾诉,
The children are finally back in school now
孩子们终于回到学校了
And I must admit that I like the idea
我必须承认我很喜欢
of looking forward to the mail's arrival every day.
每天等待来信的感觉
Well not every day. Ha ha.
当然,并不是每一天,哈哈
I don't write many letters anymore
我不常写信
So I apologize in advance
所以我想先提前道歉
If I'm unable to accurately express my thoughts.
因为我怕自己不能准确表达内心的想法
But I do have thoughts
不过我确实有很多的想法
And I suppose I wonder too much
我真的很想知道
Where you are and what you're doing.
你此刻身在何方,在做何事
We've only met three times you know that?
你能想象吗,我们只见过三次
Isn't that strange?
这真是太奇妙了
I wish I had a clearer picture of you in my mind.
我希望我能清晰地记住你的样子
Anyway that's all I have to report.
好了,我的话讲完了
I hope to hear from you. B."
盼回复,贝蒂"
Don't touch it. I've seen this one.
别动,我看过这个,
It whitens. It's not about what you want to watch.
有好多雪花点,这不是为了看电视节目,
I have to make sure they run every commercial.
我必须要确保他们播出了所有的广告
My motherInLaw says I look like Perry Mason.
我岳母说我长得像佩瑞?梅森(电视剧男主角)
It's not a compliment. It means she thinks you're fat.
这不是赞美,她是觉得你很胖
Crane. Harry
克雷恩,哈里,
it's Lee Garner.
我是李?加勒
I knew you'd still be there.
我知道你还在办公室
You work hard don't you? For you? You bet.
你很尽职,因为是为你工作嘛,当然了,
Look I don't want to keep you
我不想打扰你工作
But I have a bit of a problem.
不过我有个小问题
What's wrong?
什么事
It's that Salvatore fella the director.
塞尔瓦托,那个导演
He's no good. I'd like him gone.
他不行,我想让他走人
Oh. What happened?
发生了什么事
I can't work with him. Get rid of him.
我不能跟他共事,辞掉他
Well I can't do that. Excuse me?
我不能这么做,什么,
No I'm notReally I can't.
不是,我是真的做不到
Pete and Roger handle your account.
你的业务由皮特和罗杰负责
No no. No no no harry.
不,哈里,我不是这个意思
I want you to take care of this
我希望由你来处理此事
And I want you to keep it just between us.
我希望这件事就我们两个知道
Crane are you there?
克雷恩,你还在吗
Listen Lee.
李,听我说
I hope you know the commercial's turning out beautiful.
我希望你知道这条广告一定会非常出色
You really have an eye you know.
你很有眼光
I do do I?
当然了,是吧
Are you enjoying the city?
你在城里还愉快吗
I am. Plenty to do.
很好,很多事可以干
Well you have a good night. I should get back to work.
祝你有个美好的夜晚,我得回去工作了
Sorry to trouble you.
抱歉打扰你
Good night. Good night.
晚安,晚安,
What was that? You don't want to know.
他说了什么,你不会想知道的,
I think I do.
我想知道
I can't tell you.
我不能告诉你
Now I really do.
那我就更想知道了
Lee Garner Jr. asked me to get rid of Sal.
小李?加勒让我开掉萨尔
What did he do? I didn't ask.
他做了什么,我没问,
He was drunk as a skunk and he's scary to begin with.
他醉的一塌糊涂,根本无从谈起
What are you gonna do call Campbell?
你打算怎么做,打电话给坎贝尔吗
That's the other thing. He said to keep it between us.
但问题是,他希望我保密
What are you gonna do?
那你怎么办
I'm not gonna panic and do something stupid like I usually do.
我不会惊慌失措,像以前那样做出蠢事
That's a good start.
这是个好开始
I can't really do anything can I?
我确实什么都不能做,对吧
He was really drunk.
他真的喝多了
The show's on.
节目开始了
Great I missed all the commercials.
太好了,我错过了所有的广告
Hello? Don it's conrad hilton.
喂,唐,我是康纳德?希尔顿,
Is it? Now don't be like that.
是吗,别这样,
I know it's a privilege to call you at home.
我知道允许我打到你家里算是特殊待遇了
I don't think I've worn it out.
我也没太过分
It's 11:30pm.
现在才晚上十一点半
It's not a problem Connie.
没关系,康尼
Can you come have a drink with me?
你能过来陪我喝一杯吗
Right now?
现在吗
You can say no. I've heard it before.
你可以拒绝,刚刚已经有人拒绝过我了
And for all you know you're not the first person I asked.
我想告诉你,你并不是我第一个邀请的人
I'll be there.
我会去的
Give me an hour.
给我一小时
Hello?
喂,
So what is that moonshine?
这是什么,月光威士忌吗
No but it is from prohibition.
不,但这是禁酒令时期酿造的
I have two cases and they both say "Hair tonic" on the side.
我有两箱这种酒,箱外都写着"护发素"
I remember this.
我想起来了
I think you know I'm in a bit of a crisis tonight.
我想你很清楚我今晚有点困惑
I didn't know that.
我不知道
I think about my business day and night
我日日夜夜地挂念着我的生意
And I'm a harsh critic Especially of myself.
我是一个严历的批评家,尤其是对自己
And sometimes it collects And I feel bad.
有时候各种思绪纠缠到一起,我就会感觉很糟糕
And then I realize
然后我意识到
Maybe that's the reason I'm so lonesome.
这可能就是我倍感孤独的原因
You might be working too much.
你可能工作的太多了
I'm not working enough.
我工作的还不够
It's my purpose in life
我的人生目标
To bring America to the world
就是要把美国带向全世界
Whether they like it or not.
不管他们喜不喜欢
You know we are a force of good Don
唐,我们是一种善的力量
Because we have God.
因为我们拥有上帝
The communists don't.
共产党们没有
It's their most important belief. Did you know that?
这是他们最重要的信仰,你知道吗
I'm not an expert.
我不是这方面的专家
Generosity.
慷慨
The marshall planYou remember that.
马歇尔计划,你还记得吗(美国针对欧洲的帮扶拉拢计划)
Everyone who saw our ways
所有人看到我们的发展道路以后
Wanted to be us.
都想变得跟我们一样
I'm glad you're telling me this.
很高兴你告诉我这些
After all the things we threw at Khrushchev
我们对赫鲁晓夫软硬兼施,手段用尽
You know what made him fall apart?
但你知道最让他崩溃的是什么吗
He couldn't get into Disneyland.
他无法进入迪斯尼乐园
That's good.
很有意思
You never heard that?
你没听过这笑话吗
Well I did but when I hear you say it sounds beautiful.
我听过,但是听你说起来的时候觉得很美妙
I don't want any politics in my campaign.
我不希望我的广告里含有任何政治因素
You know that.
你知道的
But there should be goodness
我的广告中应该蕴含善良美德
And... confidence.
和信任感
Thanks for listening to me Don.
唐,谢谢你的聆听
You know sometimes I look around here
有时候,我看看周围
And I think
然后会觉得
"By Golly I'm king Midas."
"天啊,我是迈达斯国王" (希腊神话中能点石成金的人物,生性贪婪)
Stop it.
别这样
You're not.
你不是
You're my angel you know that?
你知道吗,你是我的天使
You're like a son.
就像我的儿子
In fact
事实上
Sometimes you're more than a son to me
有时候,你对我而言比儿子还重要
Because you didn't have what they had
因为他们所拥有的东西,你并没有
And you understand.
但你理解
Thank you.
谢谢
I mean it.
我认真的
Come in come in come in.
进来,快进来
I drove all the way down to get the mail
我开了很远的车来拿信
And then I turned around and I debated it.
然后就在这里兜圈,思考该不该进来
I went past the exit a dozen times.
在出口来来回回了十几次
My girl is due back.
我女儿快回来了
I know I shouldn't be here.
我知道我不应该在这
It's just I wanted to see you.
我只是想见见你
I wasn't thinking.
我没想那么多
What do I say? Why are you here?
我怎么说的,你怎么会来这儿
Oh There you are.
你在家啊
Carla This is Henry Francis.
卡拉,这位是亨利?弗朗西斯
He works for governor Rockefeller. It's nice to meet you.
他为洛克菲勒州长做事,见到你很高兴,
So anyway I uh
所以不管怎么说,我
I think this is an excellent venue for a fundraiser.
我觉得这是办筹资活动的好地方
Oh. Good.
哦,好的
I'll have to check with my husband. Of course.
我要问问我丈夫,当然,
Carla will you show Mr. Francis out?
卡拉,你能送弗朗西斯先生出去吗
I think I left the bath running.
我好像忘记关淋浴了
A pleasure to meet you.
见到您很荣幸
You as well
我也是
II can't get this. Lucy do you mind?
我弄不好这个,露西,你能代劳吗
Jesus. Knock it off.
天啊,别敲啦
It's a lucky strike commercial.
这可是幸福时光香烟的广告
It's got three cuts in it.
有三段呢
So the hillbilly says "That ain't my finger."
所以那个乡巴佬说"那不是我的手指"
I'm gonna have to hear the beginning of that joke.
我可要从头听听那笑话
Lee?
李,
Lee!
李,
What's going on? II have no idea.
怎么了,我,我不知道,
Does someone know what's going on? Speak up.
有人知道出什么事了吗,说话
I know.
我知道
Lee Garner Jr. called me a couple of days ago.
小李?加勒前几天给我打电话了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Why is he calling you?
他为什么给你打电话
I don't know.
我不知道
He did and he told me to get rid of Sal.
他给我打了,还叫我开除萨尔
What?
什么
And you made an executive decision to do nothing?
然后你决定什么也不做吗
He was really drunk. I thought it would blow over.
他说的是醉话,我以为这事过了就算了
I didn't even think he'd remember.
根本没想到他还会记得
When you get in trouble you call mommy and daddy.
遇到麻烦的时候,要去找领导商量解决
He told me not to tell you so what was I supposed to do?
他让我别告诉你,我能怎么办
Everyone's an account man.
每个人都是业务员
What exactly do you think we do here Crane?
你以为我们是干什么的,克雷恩
We handle clients.
我们控制住客户
He wouldn't say a word. He just left.
他什么也没说就走了
Sal You're fired.
萨尔,你被解雇了
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Lee Garner Jr. wants you fired.
小李?加勒想让你走
We're gonna find out
我们待会儿再看
what he wants to do with you imbecile.
他想怎么处置你,白痴
Oh god.
天啊
What the hell happened?
到底发生什么事了
What is going on?
这怎么回事
Now you're gonna use your dying breath
你现在用最后一口气
to tell Don to fix this.
去叫唐来处理这事
Don?
唐,
Lee Garner has a problem with creative
李?加勒对创意有意见
Let Don solve it. He does it all now anyway.
让唐来处理,反正现在都由他负责
Now!
现在就去
What did Lee say to you?
李怎么跟你说的
Nothing. I have to talk to Don.
没什么,我得和唐谈谈
Let me talk to Don. I'm doing as I'm told.
让我和唐说吧,我在按吩咐办事,
Is he busy?
他在忙吗
I can see you and I can hear you.
我看到你了,也能听到你说话
What do you want?
找我何事
Who died?
谁死了
I... screwed up with Lee Garner Jr.
我把小李?加勒的广告案搞砸了
What? How do I explain this?
什么,让我怎么解释呢,
He told Harry to fire me. Harry?
他让哈里解雇我,哈里,
I didn't but now Roger did.
我没做,但现在罗杰做了
Roger did what? He fired me.
罗杰做什么了,他解雇了我,
Roger said to tell you to fix it.
罗杰说让你来处理这事
Those are his words.
这是他的原话
Fantastic.
太好了
That's a $25 million account
这是个2500万的大客户
you stuck your nose in Crane.
你削尖了脑袋要参加的,克雷恩
Just get out.
出去吧
What happened?
发生什么了
Lee Garner got drunk and he told Harry to fire me.
李?加勒喝多了,发酒疯让哈里解雇我
Then Roger got angry and he did.
然后罗杰生气了,就把我开了
I think if I get away from lucky strike
我想如果我放弃幸福时光香烟项目
and lay low from Roger for a day or two
然后躲着罗杰几天
everything will be fine.
就会万事大吉了
I understand what just happened.
我理清刚刚发生的事了
What happened with the cut?
在摄影棚发生什么事了
Oh the commercial's fine.
那广告拍得很不错
Sal something must have happened.
萨尔,肯定发生了什么事
I can't help you unless you tell me.
要是你不告诉我,我可帮不了你
We... had a misunderstanding.
我们,有点误会
Jesus. I'm not gonna ask again.
上帝啊,我不想再问第二次
He was drunk
他喝多了
and he cornered me in the editing room.
然后把我堵在了编辑室
Cornered you? Yes.
堵你,是的,
And I backed him off
但是我把他推开了
I told him I was married.
我告诉他我已经结婚了
He was embarrassed and he left.
他觉得很尴尬,就走了
You must've been really shocked.
你肯定很震惊吧
I was believe me.
当然了,相信我
But nothing happened
但是什么都没发生
Because nothing could've happened because you're married.
因为你是个已婚男人,所以什么都不可能发生
Don I swear on my mother's life.
唐,我以我母亲的生命发誓
Are you sure you want to do that?
你确定要这么做吗
Who do you think you're talking to?
你觉得你在跟谁说话
I guess I was just supposed to do whatever he wanted?
难道我该让他为所欲为吗
WhatWhat if it was some girl?
如果是个女孩遇到这情况呢
That would depend on what kind of girl it was
那要看是哪种女孩了
and what I knew about her.
还有我对她了解多少
You people.
你们这些人
I didn't do anything but turn him down.
我什么也没做,仅仅是拒绝了他
He's a bully.
他是个恶棍
Lucky strike can shut off our lights.
幸福时光香烟可能会断了我们的财路
I think you know that this is the way this has to be.
我想你知道这件事只能这么办
You'll do fine.
你会挺过去的
Get me to Lee Garner Jr.
给我拨小李?加勒的电话
I said I don't want salad.
我说过我不想要沙拉
Watch your tone young man.
注意你说话的语气,年轻人
Carla works for me not you.
卡拉为我工作,不是你
What do you want instead?
那你想要什么
You might as well call it a day.
你今天就做到这吧
Okay. Thank you.
好的,谢谢你
Hi daddy. Hi.
你好啊,爸爸,你好,
How was your day?
过的怎么样
Not good.
不怎么样
I didn't want to bother you with it
我本不想为这事烦你
But that man dropped by today from the governor's office.
但今天有个政府办公室的人来了
Carla met him.
卡拉见到他了
Francine sent him over here.
弗朗辛把他支过来的
They want to have a fundraiser
他们想办个筹资集会
but her house isn't big enough.
但是她的房子不够大
I don't care as long as I don't have to go.
我不介意,只要别让我出去就行
When is it? Well I should be going.
什么时候,我该走了,
Soon. Next week I think.
很快,我想下礼拜吧
A fundraiser for Rockefeller.
为洛克菲勒办的筹资活动
For the campaign.
为了竞选
I'm gonna go lay down.
我要去躺一会
Good night Carla Good night.
晚安,卡拉,晚安,
Good night children.
晚安,孩子们
Good night. Bye.
晚安,拜,
Good night Mrs. Draper.
德雷柏夫人,晚安
If you're here do I have to be here?
你在这儿工作的话,我也需要留下来吗
Because I'm leaving.
因为我要走了
No go ahead.
不用了,走吧
Good night boss.
晚安,老板
Henry Francis. Hello.
亨利?弗朗西斯,你好,
I thought I'd get the service.
我以为会是接线员接电话
This is Betty... Draper.
我是贝蒂?德雷柏
I know that.
我知道
Listen I shouldn't have come by like that.
听着,我知道我不应该就那样过去
I hope I'm not calling too late.
我希望我打的还不迟
No you're not.
不,不迟
I checked with my husband about the fundraiser.
我问过我丈夫关于筹资活动的事了
The fundraiser?
筹资活动
Yes we'd be glad to do that.
是啊,我们很乐意承办
How's Tuesday the 17th?
礼拜二怎么样,十七号
Can you make it then? Is that good for you?
能定在那天吗,那天你有空吗
Okay.
没问题
I guess you're going through with this.
我想你正在想办法应付此事
I had to.
我别无选择
I'll have my girl call you tomorrow to make it official.
我让秘书明天打给你,把这事正式定下来
I look forward to it.
我很期待
Let me know what's usually provided by the host.
告诉我主办人一般要提供什么
Sure.
当然
Goodbye.
再见
Good night Betty
晚安,贝蒂
Rome Tehran Tokyo are magnificent destinations
罗马,德黑兰,东京都是重要目的地
And that's really been the focus
而且也差不多是目前为止
of almost every campaign you've had up till now
你所有广告的重点
How to lure the American traveler abroad.
怎么把美国游客吸引出国
What more do we need than a picture of Athens
除了一张雅典的图片
to get our hearts racing?
还需要什么来让我们心潮澎湃呢
And yet
目前
the average American experiences a level of luxury
普通的美国人的生活水平
That belongs only to kings in most of the world.
在世界大部分地方,只有王室才能达到
We're not chauvinists.
我们不是盲目的爱国主义者
We just have expectations.
我们只是有所期待而已
Well now there's one word
现在,有一个单词可以承诺
that promises the thrill of international travel
在提供美妙的国际旅行的同时
with the comfort of home:
给你家庭般的舒适
"Hilton."
"希尔顿"
How do you say ice water in Italian?
意大利语里冰水怎么说
[33:24.57"Hilton."
"希尔顿"
How do you say fresh towels in Farsi?
波斯语里干净毛巾怎么说
"Hilton."
"希尔顿"
"How do you say hamburger in Japanese?
日语的汉堡包怎么说,
"Hilton."
"希尔顿"
"Hilton."
"希尔顿"
It's the same in every language.
这个词可以用在所有语言当中
Maybe fried chicken.
不如用炸鸡
I don't like the sound of "hamburger" and "Hilton".
我不喜欢"汉堡"和"希尔顿"的发音
Besides "hamburger" is already a foreign word.
另外,"汉堡"本身就是外来词(源自德语词)
We'll see.
了解
It's good.
不错
Very good.
很好
It's clever yet friendly.
聪明,友好
It draws you in.
吸引人
But what about the moon?
但月亮呢
Excuse me?
什么
There's nothing about the moon.
广告中没提到月亮
Well right now that's not an actual destination.
现在,月球还无法成为实际可达的目的地
That wasn't the point.
这不是重点
I said I wanted Hilton on the moon.
我说过要在月球上建希尔顿
I couldn't have been more clear about it.
我已经说得很清楚了
I'll admit I misunderstood that.
我承认我理解有误
I'm sure there's a way to fit that into this.
我想可以把这个想法融入到这个广告之中
Well isn't this something?
已经很了不起了,不是吗
I'd like to speak with Don in private.
我要单独和唐谈谈
This is a good campaign one of the best.
这个广告很好,是最棒的一个
It's modern it's witty it's eyecatching.
很现代,明智,吸人眼球
It will change your business. Calm down.
会让你的生意焕然一新,别激动,
I'm going to speak very honestly with you.
我跟你实话实说吧
I don't think folks do that often.
我觉得对你说实话的人应该不多
Probably scared.
可能是因为害怕
Or they trust my work.
也可能是因为他们相信我的工作
You want me to just say yes to everything you do?
你想让我赞同你的一切做法吗
Most ad men believe that clients
绝大多数广告人都认为
Are the thing that gets in the way of good work.
客户会影响优秀广告作品的诞生
I've never experienced that.
我从来没遇到过这种事
You did not give me what I wanted.
你没有如我所愿
I'm deeply disappointed Don.
我很失望,唐
This is a great campaign.
这个广告真的很棒
Fine.
好吧
What do you want from me? Love?
你要我给你什么,爱吗
Your work is good.
你的作品很不错
But when I say I want the moon
但当我说要月亮
I expect the moon.
就要月亮
I said if he ran I'd support him.
我说过如果他参加竞选,我会支持他
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定
I voted for Kennedy.
我投了肯尼迪
I'll probably vote for him again.
我可能会再投他
What a nice turnout.
你穿得真漂亮
Where's Henry Francis?
亨利?弗朗西斯在哪儿
I don't know. Someone's supposed to talk.
不知道,该有人站上去讲话才对
I don't know anything about Rockefeller.
我完全不了解洛克菲勒
That's why I did this.
所以我请他来
Well I want to know how he's going to deal with the south.
我想知道他要怎么处理南方的状况
Do you know how bad it must be for the Negroes
你知道如果像传言所说
to descend on washington like that just to be heard?
黑人将聚集到华盛顿地区,这会有多糟糕吗
Segregation is uncivilized. It's that simple.
种族隔离是野蛮的,就这么简单
You know what my father says about the south?
知道我爸爸怎么说南方的情况吗
It's not 1963 it's 1863.
不像1963而是还处在1863年
Oh thank you.
谢谢
Uh Mrs. Draper I'm Elsa Kittridge.
德雷柏太太,我是艾萨?凯特里奇
I work with Mr. Francis.
弗朗西斯先生的同事
Pleasure to meet you.
很高兴见到你
I assume he's been delayed.
我想他一定是有事耽误了
Actually he asked that I
事实上他叫我来
Address the group on behalf of the governor.
代表州长出席今天的活动
That's disappointing.
真让人失望
I mean I don't think it's going to help your fundraising
我是说,这样言行不一
When you promise one thing and deliver another.
可能不利于你们筹集资金
Well perhaps you're right
也许是这样
But he seemed to think I was a better match to the group.
但他觉得我出席更合适
And I am extremely informed.
我做了充分准备
In fact I'm the person who briefs Mr. Francis.
实际上,我就是为弗朗西斯先生汇报情况的人
I think you'll see I won't embarrass you in front of your friends.
你会看到,我不会让你在朋友面前出丑
Please begin whenever you want.
那请随时开始
Oh no you begin dear.
不,你先说,亲爱的
Excuse me my name is Betty Draper.
打扰一下,我是贝蒂?德雷柏
Welcome to my home. We're going to listen to
欢迎各位,下面有请...
Elsa Kittridge associate in the governor's information office.
州长新闻办助理艾萨?凯特里奇
First I would like to dispel the rumor
首先我要澄清一下
that there is a mandatory contribution tonight.
今晚的捐赠并非强制的
This is a taking of a pulse an exchange of ideas.
是一种号召,大家可以交换意见
Please see that we're not disturbed.
请不要让人打扰我们
Mr. Francis do you need anything?
弗朗西斯先生,需要帮忙吗
No Marjorie I dropped something.
不用,马乔丽,是我掉了东西
Where were you last night? Calm down.
你昨晚在哪儿,冷静下,
Why didn't you come?
你为什么不来
Why did you send that that woman?
为什么派那,那个女人来
I watched the door all night like a sap.
我整晚地对着门发呆
I'm sorry but I wanted you to come to me.
对不起,我是想你来找我
Oh the ego!
真自负
Would you listen to me? You had to come to me.
听我说好吗,必须是你来找我
And why is that?
为什么
Because you're married.
因为你结婚了
No Henry.
不,亨利
What's wrong?
怎么了
Please. We're locked in this office.
请不要,我们被锁在办公室呢
What? On the desk? On the couch?
在哪儿,桌上,沙发上吗
We should get a room somewhere. No.
我们找间房,不,
It's tawdry.
很低俗下流
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm very sorry I started this.
我很抱歉我引起了这一切
I don't know what you want.
我不知道你要什么
Goodbye.
再见
Mr. Sterling's here to see you.
斯特林先生找您
Send him in.
请他进来
I heard Conrad Hilton left this building in a huff yesterday.
我听说昨天康纳德?希尔顿被气走了
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
You've got your face so deep in Hilton's lap
你整天围着希尔顿转
You're ignoring everything else.
而无视其他一切
Everything's under control.
一切都井井有条
You won't even let me meet the man.
你甚至不让我见他
What do you think accounts does
你觉得业务员是干什么的
Besides limit your brilliance?
除了限制你的才华
I'd tell you but I don't want to hurt your feelings.
我本想告诉你,但不想让你伤心
Keep joking about it.
还在开玩笑
We've had two clients in one week leave here angry
一周内我们的两个客户被气走
important clients.
还都是重要客户
Is that what you want this place to be known for?
你想这公司因此而出名吗
That and some guy losing his foot in a lawnmower?
难道上次割草机事件还不够丢人吗
I want to put you on notice you are in over your head.
我明确告诉你,你现在头脑发热了
These children
这些孩子
Unoffending innocent and beautiful
无罪,无辜,美丽的孩子
Were the victims of one of the most vicious and tragic high
是人类历史上最邪恶最惨痛的事件
Ever perpetrated against humanity.
所造成的无辜牺牲品
You can leave it on your station. I don't mind.
你可以开着,没关系
It's all right. What was that?
没事,那是什么,
The funeral service for the little girls in birmingham.
为伯明翰那些小女孩儿举行的葬礼
It's so horrifying.
真惨
Are you okay?
你没事吧
Do you need a day off?
要休一天假吗
No I'm fine. Thank you.
不用,我很好,谢谢
I hate to say this
我也不想这样说
But it's really made me wonder about civil rights.
但我真怀疑公民权利
Maybe it's not supposed to happen right now.
这种事儿现在不应该再发生了
Hello Mr. Draper. Hello.
您好,德雷柏先生,你好,
You just missed bedtime.
孩子们刚上床
They're probably still awake.
可能还没睡着
No don't bother with dinner.
不,不必担心晚饭
We've got chinese takeout.
我们叫了中餐外卖
Listen Marty needs me to look over this work.
听着,马蒂要我检查工作
Don't wait up for me.
别等我了
I love you too.
我也爱你
Betts.
贝蒂
What?
怎么了
Hilton just called.
希尔顿刚打来电话
I'm going in.
我得去工作了
I didn't hear the phone.
我没听到电话
Go back to sleep.
继续睡吧
Someone's going to see you. Then let me in.
有人要见你,让我进去,
This is nice.
这儿很漂亮
What can I do for you?
有事吗
I don't know. I wanted to talk.
不知道,我想聊聊
Right.
好,
Says the man as he unbuckles his pants.
男人一边如是说,一边开始脱裤子了
What do you want me to say?
你要我怎么说
You've been flirting with me for months.
这几个月来你一直在和我调情
So what?
那又怎样
So I can't stop thinking about you.
所以我无法停止对你的思念
Because I'm new and different.
因为我新奇独特
Or maybe I'm exactly the same.
或者我也平淡无奇
Tell me you've run past that stretch of highway in the past two weeks
别告诉我你这两周在公路上晨跑的时候
and not thought me.
从来没有想到过我
Not looked for me.
没有试图寻找我的身影
But then I have the luxury of that last halfmile home
在跑回家的半英里路上,我可以愉悦享受自我
Where I go through every step of the future until it ends.
我一步一步前进,最终跑到终点
I know exactly how it ends.
我很清楚终点会怎么样
So what?
那又怎样
You live two miles from here.
你家离这儿两英里
Your daughter was my student.
你女儿是我学生
I've seen your wife in the market.
我在超市见过你妻子
I don't think you've done this before this way.
我想你之前从未这样做
I want you.
我想要你
I don't care.
我不在乎
Doesn't that mean anything to someone like you?
这些对于你难道都无所谓吗

重点单词   查看全部解释    
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
generosity [.dʒenə'rɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 慷慨,大方

联想记忆
misunderstood [,misʌndə'stud]

想一想再看

adj. 被误解的 v. 误解,误会(misunders

联想记忆
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
compliment ['kɔmplimənt]

想一想再看

n. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意
vt. 称赞,

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
accurately ['ækjuritli]

想一想再看

adj. 准确地
adv. 精确地,准确地

 
tonic ['tɔnik]

想一想再看

n. 补药,奎宁水,[音]主调音或基音, adj. 滋补

联想记忆
embarrass [im'bærəs]

想一想再看

vt. 使为难,使窘迫,使尴尬
vi. 窘迫

联想记忆
inhale [in'heil]

想一想再看

v. 吸入,吞咽

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。