"八卦天后"在此
Your one and only source
这是您了解曼哈顿名流们
Into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.
绯闻的唯一渠道
You really like Olivia, right? Yeah,Yeah, I do.
你确实很喜欢奥莉薇亚吧,是啊,很喜欢
Don't you think that
你不觉得
Dating a movie star is gonna be kind of hard?
和电影明星约会阻力重重吗
We are completely monogamous.
我们绝对是一夫一妻制
It's just one of our games.
这只不过是我们的一个游戏而已
Chuck plays the cheating bastard,
恰克扮演不忠的混蛋
And I play the scorned woman.
我扮演怨妇
What happens when one day you don't get there in time,
如果有一天你没有及时赶到
And he actually kisses someone else?
而他真的吻了别的人怎么办
My parents are artists. My sister's a musician.
我的父母都是艺术家,我姐姐是个音乐家
Just like going to an Ivy is your family's way,
就像你的家族都要去常春藤学校一样
Not going to college is mine.
我全家都不上大学
I met this woman.
我遇上了这个女人
I knew they'd take care of my debts, so I proposed.
我知道她的家族会帮我还债,于是我求婚了
So what, you just disappeared?
接着呢,你就消失了
It's the worst thing I've ever done.
这是我这辈子做过的最糟糕的事
Do you think the Buckleys would actually hurt him?
你认为巴克利们真的会伤害他吗
They might.
他们会的
They clearly want revenge.
很明显他们想要报复
But what truly defines tonight's honored guest
但今晚到来的,受人尊敬的嘉宾
Is not something that can be easily categorized...
并不是可以轻易评判的一位
The distinguished-looking gentleman at the podium
这位演讲台上受人尊敬的绅士
Is an alumnus of the university.
是一位毕业校友
He will go on speaking for a long time.
他的演讲还有很长
It is not important that you hear what he says.
有没有听到他讲的东西并不重要
In closing, those of us at the university
最后,作为学校的一员
Will have had the pleasure
我们很荣幸有这个机会
Of getting to know tonight's recipient,
了解今晚的主角
Know that she is a kind and gentle soul. Hey, you okay?
接触她亲切高尚的灵魂,你还好吧
What? No. No, I am not okay.
什么,不,我不好
...Her humility, her devotion, her love for us.
她的谦逊,她的奉献,她对我们的爱
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们
Miss Vanessa Abrams.
欢迎瓦内萨?埃布拉姆小姐
No.
不
No!
不对
No!
不对
Bad dream?
做恶梦了
Don't tell me it was "Charade" again.
别告诉我又是谜中谜
I know how terrifying you find Walter Matthau.
我知道你有多害怕去找沃尔特?马修
Worse. I was in "All about Eve."
比那还糟,我在彗星美人里面
That's not a Hepburn movie.
那不是赫本的电影
I know.
我知道
I was Bette Davis.
我就是贝蒂?戴维斯
I've never been Bette Davis before.
我以前从来没演过贝蒂?戴维斯
I'm Audrey Hepburn,
我都是奥黛丽?赫本的
Not some plain baby Jane.
并不是什么简宝贝
Who was Eve?
那谁是伊芙
I couldn't see her face.
我看不到她的脸
Blair, we both know this is about N.Y.U.
布莱尔,我们知道这都是纽约大学的事闹的
Now it may take time,
我们该慢慢来
But one day you will hold that school
总有一天你能会用你优雅的手
In the palm of your dainty hand.
把那所学校拿下
I'm Audrey.
我是奥黛丽
I'm audrey.
我是奥黛丽
Well, thank you, councilman.
谢谢您,议员先
I know my cousin appreciates your support.
我的堂兄很感谢你的支持
Yes, I'll be sure to tell him. Thanks.
我一定会转达的,谢谢您
When did Tripp decide to run for congress?
特里普何时决定参加议员竞选了
And should somebody tell him
还需要提醒下你
The election is not until next year?
大选是明年的事吗
Well, after congressman Kruger died,
自从库格议员去世了之后
A house seat opened up in Manhattan.
曼哈顿的办公室里就有了一个空位
You know grandfather. He figured, why wait?
你了解我祖父的,他想,还等什么
Well, it's nice of you to help.
你来帮忙真好
Well, Tripp's a good guy,
特里普人很好
And with the Buckleys buying up all these attack ads
鉴于巴克利家收买了所有反对
Against his campaign, I'm taking it kind of personally.
他竞选的攻击言论,我也算是公报私仇
Yeah. Have you...have you spoken to Bree lately?
是啊,你最近和布里说过话吗
No. You spoken to Carter?
没有,你和卡特谈过吗
Not since my mom's wedding.
我妈妈的婚礼之后就再没说过
I've left him a dozen messages.
我给他留了数十条信息
I don't know if he's mad at me or...
我不知道他是生我的气,还是
Well, Serena, that's why I called.
瑟琳娜,所以我才打电话找你
Supposedly the Buckleys are flying him out to Galveston
我推测巴克利家带着他飞去了加尔维斯敦
So he can work off his debt.
以抵消他的债务
Work it off, how? On one of the family oil rigs.
怎么抵消,在他们家的一个石油钻井干活
Th-that's crazy. It would take him, like, 20 years
这太疯狂了,他得干上二十年
To earn that kind of money.
才能还上那些钱
I think they're more interested in getting Carter
我觉得他们更愿意把卡特
Out to the gulf with a bunch of Texas roughnecks.
弄到海湾去,交给一群德州的无赖
So it's not like he's going to be making a lot of friends.
他和那些人可交不了朋友
No, please tell me this is a joke.
不,你是在开玩笑吧
Don't worry. I have an idea.
别急,我有个办法
Yes. Yes. Lily loves her Jefferson Airplane.
没错,莉莉喜欢杰弗森飞机乐队
So, Rufus, how is married life?
鲁弗斯,结婚的日子怎么样
Well, at the risk of sounding like a man deeply in love,
即使会被说成是热恋中的男人,我也要说
Uh, each day gets better than the one before. It must be,
天天都有新惊喜,那是当然
If you're packing these "Welcome back, Kotter" mugs.
你在包的那几个"欢迎回来,科特"的杯子
They'll look great next to Lily's china.
摆在莉莉的瓷器边上会很好看
Yeah, maybe we should hold off on the Sweathogs.
是啊,也许我们得推迟去看"流汗狗"表演了
"In just a few short months,
仅在短短几个月内
Freshman leader Vanessa Abrams
新生领袖瓦内萨?埃布拉姆
Has tackled numerous social and environmental issues."
就解决了很多社交和环境的问题
What is that?
这是什么
Oh, it's just a wildly flattering cover story
只是个登在纽约大学报上的
On Vanessa in the N.Y.U. Paper.
粗俗谄媚瓦内萨的封面故事
It doesn't mean anything.
这说明不了什么
Except that she's a shoo-in to give the toast
除了这个,她还是在家长日的
At the freshman dinner on parents' weekend.
新生晚会上敬酒致辞的人
Dan, can I borrow your muscles?
丹,你能过来帮把手吗
Is that true? About the toast?
这是真的吗,那个敬酒致辞
I... I got a message from Josh Ellis.
我收到了乔什?艾利斯的简讯
He's the alumnus who decides who gives the toast.
他是校友会里决定谁来敬酒致辞的人
Supposedly it's between me and some other girl.
估计是从我和别的姑娘里面选
I probably won't get it. Well, speech or no speech,
我可能没机会的,不管要不要致辞
I-I hope you're inviting your parents.
我都希望你请你的父母来
You're kidding, right? My parents hate
别开玩笑了,我爸妈
That I'm at a private college, "buying" an elitist education.
讨厌我上私立学院, "用钱买"优秀的教育
"Knowledge shouldn't be for sale."
"知识是不能拿来卖的"
Sure, Arlo and Gabriela are progressive,
没错,阿洛和加百莉亚都很激进
But if they knew how much good you were doing at the school,
但如果他们知道,你在学校有多出色
I'm sure they'd come around.
我保证他们会来的
It would be kind of amazing if they came
他们要是能来那可太棒了
And, you know,
要知道
Actually approved of something I was doing.
这样就证明他们认可我做的事情
But whatever. I haven't been chosen yet, so...
不过随便了,我还没被选上,所以
Well, you will be.
不,你会的
And tomorrow night,
明天晚上
Dan and I will be there front and center.
我和丹会去的
Oh, um, yeah, you know what?
你知道吗
Actually, Olivia just got back from Japan.
奥莉薇亚,才从日本回来
I was hoping we would hang out tomorrow night.
我想明天晚上我们要出去一下
So bring Olivia.
那就叫上奥莉薇亚
Or not. It's your call. I-I don't want to force you.
或者不叫,你说了算,我不强迫你
What? What? We...we just started dating.
不是吧,我们才刚刚开始
Isn't it a little soon for meet the parents?
那么快见父母有点早了吧
Not for Olivia.
奥莉薇亚是例外
She seems really easygoing and into you.
她看来很好相处而且真心喜欢你
Yeah, seriously, Dan. Play the parent card.
是啊,说真的,丹,该打出父母牌了
People like you more when they meet our family.
人们见了我们家人会更喜欢我们的
It's true.
没错
All right. Okay. A-all right. I'll invite her.
那好吧,我会邀请她的
Oh, that's awesome.
太好了
It's gonna be a great night for the Humphreys.
汉弗瑞家将会迎来美好的一夜
And who knows? Maybe the Abramses.
谁知道呢,也许是埃布拉姆家之夜
Wait. Bree's cousin hosts a poker game?
等等,布里的兄弟要举办牌局
Yeah, P.J. Buckley. Picture, like, a young J.R.
Ewing P.J?巴克利,长的好像年轻的尤因
In earnest sewn jeans.
却衣衫褴褛
And you really think he'll play for Carter's debt?
你真的认为他会赴约来帮卡特还债
Oh, I've seen his friends bet thoroughbreds,
我在塞舌尔的一个小岛上见识过
An island in the Seychelles, the Knicks.
他那些尼克斯队的朋友,可都是赌场老手
Okay, but what makes you think we'll win?
好吧,可是为什么你觉得他一定能赢
You're not exactly a card shark.
你又不是个玩牌老手
Well, this one night at the Maidstone,
在梅德斯通的一天晚上
Bree told me every one of P.J.'s tells.
布里把P.J的玄机都告诉过我了
So you'll know exactly when to call his bluff.
这样你就能什么时候该呼应
Wait. Me?
等等,我
Oh, yeah. You're gonna be playing.
对啊,你要上桌子玩牌
Nate.
内特
No.
这可不行
Well, serena, P.J. Hates me.
瑟琳娜, P.J不喜欢我
I mean, luckily, he likes blondes, though.
我是说,说不定他喜欢金发美女
And didn't you spend a summer
你不是有个夏天
in Monte Carlo with your mom
在蒙特卡洛和你妈妈度假吗
When she dated Carlos Mortensen?
她和卡洛斯?莫特森约会那会
I was 9.
我才九岁啊
Carlos taught me to play using Necco Wafers as chips.
而且卡洛斯是用华夫饼当牌教我的
Well, just imagine Carter owes the Buckleys
那就想象卡特欠了巴克利
Half a million Necco Wafers.
五十万的华夫饼
"...and Ms. Abrams has even been mentioned
埃布拉姆女士也被提名
"As a contender to deliver this year's toast
作为在今年迎新会上
At the freshman dinner."
致辞的候选人
oh, my god. Enough.
天啊,够了
I am in no mood to hear you fawn over some girl
我可没心情听你用陈词滥调
With tacky accessories who lives to recycle.
来奉承其他女孩
Blair, didn't you ask Mr. Ellis
布莱尔,你有没有问过艾利斯先生
If you could give the freshman speech?
让你来做迎新会演讲
I put out feelers. That's totally different.
我试过,那可完全是另一回事
Of course. I'd be honored, Mr. Ellis. Thank you.
当然,我非常荣幸,艾利斯先生,谢谢
You.
你
Yeah, Blair, me.
就是我,布莱尔
F.Y.I....one insipid article
一片乏味的福布斯生活时尚副刊报道
Does not mean people here like you.
不代表每个人都喜欢你
The fever will pass, like swine flu.
这就像猪流感一样,都会过去
Really? Huh. Then I wonder why Josh Ellis...
是吗,那我真想知道为什么乔什?艾利斯
He's this kind of important alumni liaison...
这位校友会的重要人物
Told me to start working on
告诉我要开始准备
my toast for the freshman dinner.
迎新晚会上的祝酒词了
What are you standing there for? Get in here!
你们还发什么呆,快点进来
I love it. You know, cobalt's my favorite color.
我喜欢这个,你知道吗,我最喜欢钴蓝色了
Push the button.
按一下按钮
It's 11:45.
现在是11点45分
Your hair is so pleasing.
你的发型真讨人喜欢
It's a compliment watch.
这可是块“恭维手表”
And it flatters in three different languages.
而且它会用三种不同语言来奉承人
Oh, my god.
我的天啊
This is the greatest watch in the history of all watches.
这可是有史以来最棒的一块手表
The Swiss should be ashamed for not thinking of it first.
瑞士人真应该为没有发明这种手表而感到羞愧
So, um, what are you gonna do this weekend to thank me?
那么你打算这个周末怎么来感谢我呢
Uh, you know, actually, um, about that,
要知道,事实上
I was thinking I would invite you
我正想约你
To the parents' weekend freshman dinner
和我还有我的父母一起
With, uh, with me and my parents.
去参加新生家长晚宴
And I-I know you're probably exhausted.
我知道你可能还比较累
I would love to.
我很乐意参加
Really? Are you sure?
真的吗,你确定
'Cause you heard the part about my parents, right?
你听到我父母也要去了吧
Dan, the last three guys I dated...
丹,过去我约会的三个男孩
I met their agent, their manager,
我可是去见他们的经纪公司和经纪人
Their publicist,
公关
A personal trainer who also read Tarot cards,
还有研究塔罗牌的私人教练
And I never met a single one of their parents.
我从来没有去见他们任何人的父母
I would love to meet yours.
我真的很愿意去见你的父母
I missed you.
我想你
It's 11:46.
现在是11点46分
Your teeth shine like diamonds.
你的牙齿像钻石般闪亮
It's true.
没错
It's very true.
说的没错
You've reached Arlo and Gabriela Abrams.
你已经接通阿洛和加百莉亚?埃布拉姆家
Pay it forward.
请讲
Hey, mom, dad.
嗨,妈妈,爸爸
Look, I know you guys aren't happy that I'm at N.Y.U.,
请听我说,我知道你们不乐意我在纽约大学读书
But I'm giving this toast tomorrow night,
但是明天晚宴上我要致辞
And it's kind of a big honor.
这是极大的荣誉
And it would mean so, so much to me if you came,
如果你们能来将会更有意义
So I hope you can.
所以我希望你们可以来
Careful, V.
小心了, V
Don't send out your invitations just yet.
不要这么早就发出你的邀请
We hear another girl has her eyes on the prize.
我们听说还有个女孩惦记着这份荣誉
Montesquieu, Churchill, Hobbes...
孟德斯鸠,丘吉尔,霍布斯
I'm thinking my toast should touch on...
我希望我的祝酒词能够囊括
Tradition, virtue,
传统,美德
The divine right of the monarchy.
君主立宪制
But, Blair, Vanessa's giving the toast.
但是,布莱尔,是瓦内萨要致辞啊
Not when I'm done.
等我完工可就不是她了
Mao, Sun-tzu, of course,
当然还有毛泽东和孙子
Napoleon's always good for a few zingers.
拿破仑总是擅长做出让人震惊的事情
Though things are rarely as simple as they appear.
但是事情往往不是看上去那么简单
This is Josh Ellis.
我是乔什?艾利斯
Well, I'm thrilled he changed your mind.
我很惊讶他居然改变了你的想法
Of course we'd still love to have you give the toast.
当然我们还是希望你来致辞
Yes, there was another girl,
是的,的确一个备选的姑娘
But we hadn't fully committed to her.
但是我们还没有完全认可她
We definitely want you.
我们当然希望你来
Great, I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Ellis.
太好了,明天见,艾利斯先生
Good-bye, jet lag. Hello, triple Ristretto.
摆脱时差,来杯超浓
Yes. What was that?
没错,打电话说什么了
Just a surprise.
一个惊喜
And something tells me we're in for a show.
预兆显示我们有表演看了
Now, Ms. Waldorf, if this is about letting you give the freshman toast,
霍道夫小姐,如果你来是想我们,让你代表新生致辞
Like I told you last week, I'd love to help you out, but
正如我上周跟你说过的,我想帮助你,但是
Actually, Mr. Ellis, I'm here to help you.
事实上,艾利斯先生,我是来帮你的
Simply put, Vanessa Abrams is a tired clich from the 7-1-8.
简单点说,瓦内萨?埃布拉姆,是7-1-8的陈词滥调
The preachy "I hate the man" toast
她脑袋里"我讨厌这个男人"
She no doubt has in mind won't inspire the kind of
的激进祝酒词对学校需要的
Deep-pocket donations this school needs.
慈善捐款没什么帮助
You need a speaker more like, well, me.
你需要一个更好的发言人,比如我
Ms. Waldorf, yes, last week I narrowed my search
霍道夫小姐,上周我是把范围缩小在
Down to two candidates. But just moments ago,
两个候选人上,但是刚刚
Our first choice, Olivia Burke, accepted our invitation.
我的首位人选,奥莉薇亚?伯克接受了我们的邀请
Then why does activist Abrams still think she's giving the toast?
那为什么激进分子埃布拉姆,还以为是她致辞
Vanessa was the other student that we were considering.
瓦内萨是我们考虑内的另一个姑娘
You see, initially, Olivia wasn't planning on attending,
因为最开始,奥莉薇亚没打算出席
But then luckily, for everyone,
但是很幸运
Her new boyfriend convinced her otherwise.
她的新男友说服了她
Yes, she is very famous.
是的,她很出名
Mm-hmm. But she's a 2-quadrant speaker.
但是她是一半合格的发言人
Is it smart to lose everyone over 25 on parents' weekend?
选择奥莉薇亚会失去25岁以上人群的兴趣
Besides, actresses are notoriously unreliable.
再说了,那些女明星们都不可靠
Ms. Waldorf, even if Olivia's schedule did change,
霍道夫小姐,就算奥莉薇亚的安排有变
Vanessa would still be my next choice.
瓦内萨仍是我的第二选择
So...I'm very busy.
所以...我非常忙
I'll see you soon, mom.
待会见,妈妈
Oh, no. You are not trying to steal my toast.
不,你不是想偷走我的致辞吧
Nobody told you.
没人告诉你吧
Olivia, your dear roommate, is giving the toast.
你亲爱的室友奥莉薇亚要去致辞
Poor Vanessa.
可怜的瓦内萨
Always the understudy, never the star.
总是在幕后默默工作,当不了明星
Olivia's the other girl?
奥莉薇亚是另一个姑娘吗
And I was the one who told Dan to bring her.
还是我叫丹邀请她的
Irony certainly can be cruel.
真是讽刺
Did I overhear your long-absent mother
我是不是无意听到你不常露面的妈
Is coming to hear you speak? Tragic.
要来听你发言,悲哀
Well, I'll just tell Olivia how much this toast means to me,
我会去跟奥莉薇亚说这个致辞对我有多重要
And then she'll step down.
然后她就会让给我
Yeah, probably. Though, then again, she might not.
也许会,但是也许不
Nice try, Blair.
做得好,布莱尔
Well, I'm just saying, we all know Olivia loves the spotlight.
我只是说,我们都知道奥莉薇亚喜欢被大家瞩目
She is an actress.
她是个演员
Then I'll ask Dan not to bring her.
那我叫丹不要带她去
Another idea with some merit.
另一个好想法
See, that's where you and I are different.
这就是我们不同的地方
I would never put my fate in someone else's hands,
我绝不会把我的命运交到别人手里
And that's why I always win, and you lose.
这也是为什么我总是赢,而你输
So good luck with your honesty.
希望你的诚实能给你带来好运
Maybe you and mom could take in a show instead.
也许你妈可以带你去看个其他的什么表演
Nate Archibald. You looking for a game?
内特?阿齐布尔德,想来玩吗
I'm afraid we don't have a seat for you.
恐怕我们没有多余的座位了
Oh, I'm not here to play. She is.
来玩的不是我,是她
That is unless you're afraid to play a girl.
除非你不敢和女生玩
Buy-in's $25,000.
加入先交2万5美金
That's a lot of money.
一大笔钱啊
So don't lose.
所以别输
Pull up a seat, darlin'.
宝贝儿,坐吧
You're kidding, right?
你开玩笑的吧
You're the one who told me to invite her. I know.
是你让我邀请她的,我知道
Remember the whole "people like you better
记得你说的"见了你的家人后
When they meet your family" thing?
她就会更爱你"吗
Exactly, you don't want to be outshone by your family,
没错,但你不想被家人抢了风头吧
And not to mention, she's been in Japan for ten days.
更不用说,她还在日本待了10天
I mean, she's probably having reverse culture shock.
也许她现在还有点逆文化冲击呢
Yeah, okay, all right.
好吧,好吧
So do you have any, uh, non-insane reasons?
你有没有什么正常点的原因
Well, I'm just saying, why don't you do something
我只是说你怎么不做点其他
More casual but also romantic?
简单而且浪漫的事
Dinner, just the two of you.
比如两人吃烛光晚餐
You can make your special chicken.
你可以给他做你的特色鸡
My special chicken? What?
我的特色鸡,什么
Vanessa, what is going on? Nothing.
瓦内萨,怎么了,没什么
Uh-huh. I need a refill.
我去续杯
Okay, but you have to promise me you won't say anything,
好吧,但是你保证你不会告诉别人
Because this officially makes me the worst roommate ever.
因为那样的话,我就成了最坏的室友了
Just tell me.
快说
Olivia's freaking out about meeting your parents.
奥莉薇亚怕见你父母
What? I talked to her, like, two hours ago,
什么,我两个小时前和她说话的时候
And she said she was looking forward to it.
她还说的她很期待的
I guess she changed her mind,
我猜她改变主意了
Or doesn't want to hurt your feelings.
或者不想伤害你的感情
She just feels that it's way, way too soon.
她只是觉得进展太快了
Yeah. You know, I knew, I knew this was gonna happen.
没错,我就知道会这样的
Really? I mean, yeah, of course. And I know this is my fault,
是吗,我是说,当然会的,我也知道是我的错
But tell her you want to have a great night,
但你得告诉她你很期待能过一个美好的夜晚
Just the two of you. And make my special chicken?
就你们俩,一起做怪味鸡吗
I'll give you a recipe. Okay.
我给你准备好菜谱,好吧
Hey, Abrams, thank you for, uh, the heads-up.
埃布拉姆,多谢你的主意
What are friends for?
我们是朋友嘛
Trip queens.
一对Q
It doesn't feel right,
赢走了大美女的钱
You know, taking a beautiful woman's money.
感觉不是很好啊
I'm getting crushed here. Hey, don't worry.
我熬不下去了,别担心
P.J.'s on tilt. This is where you hook him.
P.J.正在兴头上,是你搞定他的机会
Archibald, you want to call it a night?
阿齐布尔德,今晚就到此为止了是吗
I can spot you cab fare.
我还是可以给你留个出租车钱的
Just get him to bet Carter and remember the tells.
记住我跟你说的,尽管放马过去把卡特赢回来
Actually, P.J., we're gonna buy back in.
P.J.事实上,我们还要下注
But we're upping the stakes.
但我们要加大筹码
What are you thinking of playing for?
你们到底想怎么玩
Yeah, not likely.
嗯,怎么玩好呢
How about Carter Baizen?
赌卡特?贝森怎样
I get it. You're...you're Carter's girl.
我了解了,你是卡特的女人
Well, bad news, sweetheart,
但是亲爱的,有坏消息告诉你
Carter's debt is a lot more than you're showing.
卡特的债可远比你今天带的银子要多得多
You know, can we get some, uh, some privacy?
大伙能让我们单独聊会吗
I tell you what. You bet Carter,
你拿卡特为赌注
And I'll bet...
我拿
A photo of Tripp Van Der Bilt...
特里普?范?德?比尔特在单身派对
From the night of his bachelor party.
拍的一张照片作赌注
Your family will kill you.
你家人会杀了你的
That'll cost Tripp the election. -
这会赔上特里普的选举的
Like I said, don't lose.
就像我说的,千万别失利
Let's play some cards.
玩牌吧
I'm sorry to cancel on you like this,
很抱歉以这种方式向你取消这次活动
Mr. Ellis.
艾利斯先生
You have a backup speaker, right?
你还有替补的,对吗
Okay. Good.
嗯,好的
All right. Uh, good-bye.
好的,再见
Everything okay?
没出什么事吧
Um, Dan has decided to cook dinner for me
丹约我去他家,亲自为我做晚餐
Instead of going out with his parents.
我们不跟他父母出去了
He probably just wants more one-on-one time.
他可能是想多点你们俩私人的空间吧
I'll bet he has something special planned, like chicken.
我打赌他肯定为你准备什么特别的东西,鸡肉
Yeah. Or something.
嗯,或者别的什么
Yeah. Um, I brought you this. It's an anime goblin claw.
我给你买了这个,动画精灵的小爪子
They are huge in Japan right now.
在日本超流行的
I just thought it was kind of funny. Thanks.
看起来挺有趣儿的,谢谢
I shouldn't be freaking out, right?
我不该这么烦的,对吗
I mean, I can meet his parents anytime. Yeah.
我是说,我还有机会见他父母的,对啊
Um, I'll be right back.
我马上回来
Okay.
好
Hi, Mr. Ellis.
你好, 艾利斯先生
No.
不
I'd still love to give the toast.
我还是很乐意去致辞
Thank you.
谢谢你
Tell Machiavelli I hope she enjoys my toast.
转告"马基雅维利"但愿她喜欢我的致辞
Vanessa's giving the toast again.
瓦纳莎重新获得致辞的机会了
And she's got some big pink claw thing.
手上还抱着一个粉的爪子似的玩意儿
Well, I don't know about that.
我不知道那是什么东西
However, phase one is complete.
不过,第一阶段部属完毕了
But even with Olivia out of the way,
但是只要奥莉薇亚还不退出
You still don't have the toast.
你还是没机会
Oh, my goodness.
我的老天
You're right.
你说得太对了
Thank you, Amalia.
谢谢你,亚玛莉雅
When are you going to learn to have a little faith?
你什么时候才能学会人总要有点信念的
Chuck, my love,
恰克,亲爱的
I was thinking, remember our game from the summer?
我在想,你还记得这个夏天我们的游戏吗
Well, I have the perfect target already picked out.
很好,我现在找到了一个完美的目标
So what's a sweet girl like you
像你这么可爱的女孩
Doing with a guy like Carter Baizen, hmm?
怎么会跟卡特?贝森这种人搞在一起
You heard what happened to my sister, right?
你也听说了关于我妹妹的事了吧
Heartbroken,
伤心到极点
30 pounds fatter.
体重增加30磅
Bet.
下注
$20,000.
2万
All in.
全跟
You sure you want to play this hand for Carter?
你确定为了卡特玩这把
Fine.
好吧
I'll call.
我也跟
Kings.
方块K
Aces.
老A
You know, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
要知道,一张照片可是胜过千言万语
Or in this case,
或者这种情况下
An election.
它就意味着选举的成败
Nate, thanks for stopping by.
内特,多谢你的登门造访啊
Looks like Carter's going down to Texas,
看起来卡特要被流放去德克萨斯
And Tripp's career is going up in smoke.
而特里普的事业也将化为乌有了
Hey. You made it.
你做到了
Hey.
好啊
Rufus!
鲁弗斯
Oh! Come here. Would you let me look at you?
过来,让我好好看看你
Lay off the caffeine, huh? It's giving you wrinkles.
别喝咖啡了,看它把你整得满脸沧桑
Ah. I'm sorry Arlo couldn't make it.
真遗憾阿洛没来
He says hello.
他叫我转达他的问候
He had to finish installing the solar panels
他得把合作商店里鸡笼的
On the chicken coop at the co-op.
太阳能电池板安装妥当
We have been so busy organizing the local 72,
我们忙着联合72家当地商户
The, uh, the union for the Burlington cheesemakers.
组成伯灵顿干酪制造商协会
Aha. Yeah. Yeah.
哇,是吗,是啊
Mom, this is Lily.
妈,这是莉莉
Oh, it is such a pleasure to finally meet Vanessa's mother.
终于能见着瓦纳莎的母亲了,我很荣幸
Gabriela.
我是加百莉亚
Oh, Rufus... We're not in brooklyn anymore.
鲁弗斯,我们已经不住布鲁克林了
Uh, uh, I'm still moving in. It's lily's place.
我正在搬家,这里是莉莉的地盘
Oh, it is both of our place.
这不是咱们俩的地盘么
Uh, mom, didn't you bring that for Lily?
妈,你不是有带礼物给莉莉吗
Oh, yes, I did. Homemade strawberry rhubarb.
对,自制的草莓芋荚
Thank you. Oh. Mmm.
太感谢了,恩
Well, you and your husband must be so proud of Vanessa.
你的你先生一定很为瓦内萨感到自豪
Oh, yes. Vanessa has always been
确实,瓦内萨一直是一个
A very thoughtful and driven young woman.
善解人意又奋发向上的女孩
This school is the perfect fit for her.
这个学校实在是太适合她了
Well...
其实
Here we go. To be completely honest,
又来了,老实说
My husband and I don't believe in private universities.
我先生和我不太相信私立大学
Knowledge should not be for sale.
知识不是用来出售的
Well... Well... Yes. Oh.
呃,好吧,是的,哦
Who's hungry? Lovely.
有谁饿了吗,太好了
I must confess, I've missed our little game.
我得承认,我非常想念我们的小游戏
Though it appears your lady is late.
尽管似乎你的那位小姐迟到了
Actually, there she is now.
事实上,她已经来了
She's a guy.
"她"是个男的
Who took my speech at the freshman dinner
是他夺走了我在新生晚会上的演讲机会
And gave it to Vanessa Abrams.
还把它给了瓦内萨?亚伯拉
He double-crossed me, and I... Demand satisfaction.
他背叛了我,让他决斗吧
You still up for it?
你还同意做
Mm, my wonderful man.
真是我的好男友
I'll just go powder my nose for ten minutes?
我去下洗手间,大概10分钟
I only need five.
我只需要5分钟
Can I help you?
我能为你做点什么吗
Oh, definitely.
肯定地
I don't know if P.J. is not as stupid as he looks,
我不知道P.J并没有他看着那么笨
But, Nate, those tells were wrong.
但是,内特,那些玄机是假的
What are you gonna do?
你要怎么办
Well, of course I had to tell my grandfather what happened.
我当然得告诉我爷爷发生了什么
I mean, I have completely destroyed Tripp's political career.
我彻底毁了特里普的政治生涯
No. No, nate. Let me talk to him. Please.
不不,内特,我来跟他谈,拜托了
He needs to know that you were trying to help me.
他得知道你只是想帮我
I appreciate that, but I'm not dragging you into this mess.
我很感激,但我不想把你牵扯进来
Oh, it's William right here. Nate.
正是威廉打来的,内特
No. Serena, I can handle it.
不,瑟琳娜,我能搞定
Hello, grandfather.
你好,爷爷
Ugh.
哦
Is, uh, Nate Archibald in there?
内特?阿齐布尔德在里面吗
He's got a phone call... P.J. Buckley.
有个电话找他,叫P.J.巴克利的
Okay. Yeah. I'll tell him. Thank you.
好,我会告诉他的,谢谢
P.J. thinks he won the picture.
P.J以为他赢了那张照片
Yeah, I have the real one.
对,我有那张真的
I mean, I feel bad about lying to Serena
我是说,我很不想骗瑟琳娜
But it worked.
但是这很管用
Okay.
好的
Gabriela, this strawberry rhubarb jam to die for.
加百莉亚,这个草莓芋荚果酱太好吃了
Thank you. It's the agave. I refuse to use sugar.
谢谢,我用的龙舌兰,不爱用糖
Mmm. Mm-hmm.
恩
Oh, Rufus, will we be seeing Daniel at the dinner?
哦,鲁弗斯,晚餐时我们能见到丹吗
I had hoped so, but unfortunately not.
我希望如此,但很遗憾不能
He has a date tonight.
他有个约会
With Vanessa's roommate, Olivia Burke.
是和瓦内萨的室友, 奥利维亚?伯克
Didn't she tell you? Lily.
她没告诉你吗,莉莉
She is a very famous actress.
她是个很有名的女演员
I'm afraid I don't worship at the altar
恐怕我不太崇拜
Of shallow Hollywood celebrities. Oh.
这类肤浅的好莱坞明星,哦
But apparently your school does.
显然你的学校却是这样的
Mom, can you not do this right now?
妈妈,你能不要现在这么做吗
Honey, these institutions are businesses first.
亲爱的, 这些大学首先是商业机构
I mean, was this girl even qualified to enter...
我是说,这个女孩到底是否有资格入学
Or was it purely a publicity stunt?
或者只是个宣传噱头
Well, that's my shallow hollywood roommate...
好吧,这就是我肤浅的好莱坞室友
And also one of the nicest, smartest people
同时也是我在学校里遇到过的
I've met at college. Excuse me.
最可爱,最聪明的人,失陪一下
Hey. How is your date?
嘿,你的约会怎么样
Great.
很不错
Dan's making Indian chicken.
丹正在做印度鸡肉
Moroccan, actually.
其实是摩洛哥的
Oh. Uh, look, I know I shouldn't be asking you this.
哦,对了,我知道我不该问你的
I was just wondering,
我只是在想
Why did Dan change his mind
丹为什么改变主意
About me meeting his parents?
不让我见他父母了
I must have done something to scare him off.
我肯定是做了什么吓到他的事
You can tell me the truth. I promise.
你可以告诉我实话,我保证
No, you didn't do anything.
不,你什么也没做
Well, I must have.
我肯定有做了
You know what? I'm just gonna ask him.
知道吗,我一会要问问他
No!
别
Look, Dan's parents are just really judgmental,
丹的父母只是很喜欢对别人评头论足
And they're always going on
他们总是在说名人缺乏素质
About celebrities and the dumbing down of culture.
说世风日下
So he's worried
所以他很担心
His parents will think
他的父母会认为
I'm some shallow hollywood pinhead?
我是个肤浅没大脑的明星
No... Like Dan's embarrassed to introduce me to them?
不是的,还是丹耻于向他的父母介绍我
Olivia, Dan just wants to protect you from them.
奥利维亚,丹只是想保护你不受伤害
You know what, Vanessa?
你知道吗,瓦内萨
You don't need to make excuses for him, okay? I get it.
你不用帮他找借口,好吗,我明白的
I gotta go.
我得挂了
So where do you get your hair cut?
你在哪剪的头发
Oh, uh, Trumper's, off Piccadilly.
在特兰佩,皮卡迪利大街外面
Tut, tut.
啧啧
I'm not that kind of girl.
我可不是那种女孩
Do you have a boyfriend?
你有男朋友吗
Not exactly.
不算有
Wait. What for?
等一下,怎么了
What the... Mr. Ellis.
搞什么,艾利斯先生
Blair waldorf. Oh, lord.
布莱尔?霍道夫,哦,我的天哪
I-I have to go.
我,我得走了
Don't you run away from me.
别想逃走
Hey! Have you no sense of decency?
嘿,你没有羞耻感吗
Well, you got your kiss.
好吧,你得到一个吻了
Number 27 on the Tribeca Scavenger Hunt...
在翠贝卡清道夫亨特27号
Kiss the chuck bass.
吻到了恰克?拜斯
Check.
又要记一笔了
I expect more from a representative of a college!
我可不希望大学代表是这个样子的
And the toast?
那个致辞呢
Oh, a deal's a deal. It's all yours.
我们说好了,它是你的
I should call vanessa, break the bad news.
我应该打给瓦内萨,告诉她这个坏消息
Allow me.
让我来吧
We're rivals, but friends at heart.
我们是竞争对手也是朋友
Until tonight.
直到今晚为止
Out, you cable-knit queen!
走开,你这个同性恋
You were late.
你来晚了
I got caught in a text flurry with Dorota. I'm sorry.
我被多洛塔一堆短信给缠住了,抱歉
I have to get uptown for a dinner.
我要出城去赴一个晚宴
I assume you're skipping the parents' thing?
我想你不打算参加那个家长会了
I may pop in...
我可能会去
For vanessa's toast, just for laughs.
听听瓦内萨的致辞当消遣
Are you upset because you kissed a guy?
你因为吻了一个男人而不高兴吗
I'm upset because I kissed somebody that wasn't you.
我不高兴是因为我吻的人不是你
You really think I've never kissed a guy before?
你真的以为我以前没吻过男人吗
Love me? Always.
你爱我吗,当然
Oh, well. I tried.
好吧,我打过了
Guess I should, uh,
我想我应该
Work on keeping my opinions to myself.
努力掩饰自己的观点
You think?
真的吗
I just wanted to say, tonight I will promise
我只是想说,我发誓今晚
To keep an open mind about your school,
会以开明的态度面对你的学校
About everything.
和所有的事
When you hear my toast,
当你听到我的致辞的时候
I think you'll understand why
你就会明白
This is the right place for me.
这里是最适合我的地方
Okay.
好
Come here.
过来
I hope.
我希望你能那么想
So what do you think about going out to eat tonight?
我们今晚出去吃饭怎么样
Or we could just go to the parents' dinner.
或者我们可以去参加家长日晚宴
Are you sure? I mean, my parents are...are gonna be there.
你真的想去吗,我的父母也会出席
Well, then I better be on my best behavior.
那我可要好好表现了
Pick me up in an hour?
一小时后来接我好吗
Okay.
好
As for lonely boy,
对于寂寞男孩来说
I suspect tonight's going to be strictly a family affair...
我怀疑今晚将演变为一场真正难忘的
To remember.
家庭大事件来铭记
I'll be right back. I just have to find someone.
我必须先去找个人,很快回来
Don't you just adore the national arts club?
你不喜欢国际艺术俱乐部吗
Ahh. it's so "Age of Innocence."
就像《纯真年代》里的场景一样
Are you looking for Mr. Ellis?
你在找艾利斯先生吗
Because he asked me to give you a message.
他叫我给你捎个口信
Now what was it?
是什么来着
Oh, you're not giving the toast,
对了,你不用致辞了
I am, and there's nothing you can do about it.
我取代了你,你做什么都无济于事了
What are you talking about? I won, like always.
你说什么,我赢了,像往常一样
Please... Don't do this.
请你别这么做
Oh, my god. Are you begging?
天啊,你在求我吗
My mom is here,
我母亲在这里
And you have no idea what this speech means for me.
你不知道这个演讲对我来说有多重要
Please.
别这样
You're embarrassing yourself even more than usual.
你比平时更让自己难堪
When will you learn?
你什么时候才明白
Some people are simply better than others.
有些人天生就比别人出色
Don't worry. I'm sure they're gonna love you.
别担心,他们肯定会喜欢你的
Uh-huh. So you think they're gonna want my autograph?
你认为他们会想要我的签名吗
I-I doubt it.
也许吧
Dan, what are you doing here?
丹,你怎么在这里
Please. Miss the freshmen dinner?
因为想念新生的晚会了
Dad, Lily, this is Olivia. -Rufus Humphrey.
爸爸,莉莉,这是奥利维亚,我是鲁弗斯?汉弗瑞
Dan has told us so much about you.
丹经常跟我们说起你
Oh, that dress is beautiful.
这条裙子真漂亮
I recognize it from the Herve Leger Show. Oh, yeah?
我在荷芙妮格的时装展上见过,是吗
Except it wasn't on the runway,
但是这件没有在秀场上出现过
So that's kind of impossible.
所以那是不可能的
Max Azria's, like, one of my best friends.
麦克斯?阿兹利亚是我的好朋友
He does me crazy favors.
他帮了我的大忙
Are you feeling okay? Totes.
你还好吗,好极了
So anyone famous here?
这里还有其他名人吗
I mean, besides me.
除了我之外
You there. You're one of Blair's new minions, aren't you?
嘿,你,你是布莱尔的新随从,对吗
You're Chuck Bass. Blair said you weren't coming.
你是恰克?拜斯,布莱尔说你今晚不会来
My dinner canceled. The emir had to fly home...
晚宴取消了,举办者有事必须飞回家
Something about a revolution. Where is she?
去处理改革的事,她在哪里
Probably getting ready for her toast. Keep up, Bambi.
可能在准备致辞,你的消息过时了,斑比
Blair's not giving the toast.
布莱尔不会致辞的
Uh, yes, she is. Mr. Ellis promised if...
她会的,艾利斯先生对她承诺
Promised what?
承诺什么
Nate.
内特
Hey. What are you doing here? Serena.
你在这里做什么,瑟琳娜
I heard you talking to your grandfather.
我听到你跟你祖父打电话了
Why would you leak a fake photo?
你为什么要泄露一张假照片
Are you trying to destroy Tripp's campaign?
你想破坏特里普的竞选吗
No. That's gonna win Tripp the election.
不,这会帮助特里普赢得竞选
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Once the Buckleys leak it,
一旦巴克利家族的人把这张照片散布出去
We'll release the real photo.
我们就公布真的照片
It's gonna look like the Buckleys planted the fake one.
这看起来就像,巴克利家族伪造了照片
People are finally gonna see them as the villains they really are.
人们最终会看到,他们险恶的本质
And what happens to Carter? You...you just used him?
那卡特怎么办,你就这样利用他吗
Come on, Serena. He proposed to P.J.'s sister
行了,瑟琳娜,他向P.J.的姐妹求婚
To pay off his gambling debt.
来还清自己的赌债
Wake up. The guy's hardly innocent.
醒醒吧,他可不无辜
But I am sorry I had to lie to you.
但很抱歉对你撒谎
No, you're not, but you will be.
不,你并不觉得抱歉,但你会的
Manhattan, P.J. Buckley.
曼哈顿, P.J.巴克利
No, I'm doing the Mother Teresa movie.
不,我正在出演特里萨修女的电影
Yes. yeah, Leo's playing my boyfriend.
对,里奥演我的男朋友
I'm sure she'll be just a second.
她很快就会讲完的
Well, let's just meet at your pad in the bu.
我们在你那儿见面吧
The bu...the bu is Malibu.
这个"布"是马里布海滩
Oh, yes. You know what? Just give us a moment, please.
没错,我们先失陪一下,抱歉
Uh-huh. oh! Wait. I-I gotta go.
等等,我要挂了
I love you, too, bitch. What...what are you doing?
我也爱你,婊子,你在做什么
What do you mean?
什么意思
You're referring to the bu, you're calling your astrologer.
你提到了"布"你还打给你的占星师
Since when do you even have an astrologer?
你什么时候雇了占星家
I guess ever since
我想是
I became another shallow hollywood celebrity
从我成了肤浅的好莱坞名人的时侯
You know, the kind that
就是那种
You are so afraid your parents wouldn't approve of?
你父母不会喜欢的类型
What are you talking about?
你究竟在说什么
Vanessa told me that's why you disinvited me.
瓦内萨告诉我你取消邀请的原因了
Vanessa? I blew this dinner off because vanessa told me
瓦内萨,就是她让我取消这个晚会邀请的
That you were freaking out about meeting my parents.
她说你被见我父母的事吓坏了
What? I never said that.
什么,我从来没那么说过
Oh, my god.
我的老天
The lips, the teeth, the tip of the tongue.
嘴唇,牙齿,舌头尖
The lips, the teeth, the tip... of the tongue.
嘴唇,牙齿,舌头尖
Please tell me you're not coming here to grovel.
你不是过来对我卑躬屈膝的吧
You really think you're that much better than me?
你真的认为你比我优秀的多吗
Oh, I think we both know the answer to that.
我想咱们都知道答案
Blair, I have to talk to you.
布莱尔,我得和你谈谈
Not now. Just listen. I...
现在不行,听着,我...
Quiet! God, I've had just about enough of you.
安静点,天呐,我真是受够你了
Sophie, you're minion number one.
索菲,你现在是我的第一宠臣
Amalia, you're number two.
阿玛丽,你降到第二
So tell me once and for all,
那就一次性告诉我吧
what makes you better than me?
究竟你什么地方比我优秀
Do you really want to know?
你真想知道
Yeah.
当然
Everything.
全部
Generations of breeding and wealth
家族的教养和财富
Had to come together to produce me.
精华汇聚一身,成就了我
I have more in common
相对于你
With Marie Antoinette than with you.
我和玛丽?安东妮特有更多的共同点
And granted, you may be popular
我承认,在这二等学校里
At some step-ivy safety school, but the fact is,
你确实人缘不错,但事实上
The rabble is still rabble, and they need a queen.
乌合之众只能是乌合之众,他们需要女王的领导
You stole the toast.
你偷了我的致辞
I was willing to do what was necessary,
我乐于做必要的事
Including lying to Chuck,
包括跟恰克撒谎
The one person who trusts me more than anyone.
即使他比任何人都信任我
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to give my toast.
抱歉我得走了,我得去致辞了
Actually, Blair...
事实上,布莱尔
Congratulations. You just did.
恭喜你,你的致辞已经发布了
Oh, no.
哦,不
Oh, no.
哦,不
Sorry, ladies.
抱歉,女士们
Le jeux sont fait.
游戏结束了
Thanks for playing... Each other.
多谢你们的表演
I know I shouldn't have lied. It's just when Mr. Ellis
我知道我不该骗你们,只是艾利斯先生
Asked Olivia to give the toast instead of me
邀请奥莉薇亚致辞而把我顶替了
Wait. You were the other girl?
等等,你是另外的候选人
Wait a second, you were supposed to give the toast?
等一下,你是原本要致辞的人
Why didn't you tell me?
你怎么不告诉我
I wanted to surprise you
我本来想
With this nice toast about being here
通过完美的致辞给你和你父母
With your parents, and...and then you disinvited me.
一个惊喜,可是你后来取消邀请我了
Well, I did that because you lied to me.
我那么做是因为你骗了我
Why couldn't you just tell me you wanted to give the toast?
你为什么不直接告诉我你想致辞呢
I mean, I would have given it to you.
我肯定会让给你的
I know.
我知道
I let Blair convince me if I asked, you'd say no.
只是我轻信了布莱尔,她说你会拒绝的
When I called and asked why Dan didn't want me
我打电话给你问丹为什么不愿意
To meet his family, you said it's because they looked down
让我见他父母,你说是因为他父母
On hollywood people like...
会轻视好莱坞的演员
And they probably do now, you know.
他们现在大概是会轻视了
I mean, you were...you were pretty annoying.
我是说,你刚才...表现太差了
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I substituted my awful family
其实是我羡慕他美好的家庭
For his amazing one. I love Rufus and Lily,
而不是我那个糟糕的,我很喜欢鲁弗斯和莉莉
And I wish they were my parents.
我甚至希望他们是我的父母
Vanessa?
瓦内萨
I just want to wish you luck.
我只是想祝你顺利
Mom.
妈
Chuck?
恰克
Chuck is gone.
恰克走了
But I need to talk to him. I need to explain.
我得和他谈谈,我得解释
Blair, whatever you needed him to do,
布莱尔,无论你需要他做什么
Do you really think he would have refused you?
你认为他会拒绝你吗
No.
不
He'd never say no... to anything.
无论什么事...他没说过一个不字
I messed up, didn't I?
是我搞砸了,是吧
Yes. Yes, you really did.
对,你确实搞砸了
Lily, you're supposed to say,
莉莉,你应该说
"Everything is going to be fine."
"一切都会好的"
Where did you learn how to give a pep talk
你在哪儿学的安慰人啊
Guantanamo?
关塔那摩监狱吗
Blair, I understand a thing or two about ambitious women,
布莱尔,我对有野心的女人略知一二
But without trust, you're lost.
但缺少了信任,你就输了
Let Chuck lick his wounds.
让恰克自己舔伤口吧
You can talk to him tomorrow.
你明天再和他谈
Serena.
瑟琳娜
You came.
你来了
I'm sorry for all the things that I said to you at the wedding.
很抱歉我在婚礼上对你说了那些话
I deserved them. Um, look, Serena, I'm leaving tomorrow.
是我活该,瑟琳娜,我明天就走了
No, you're not.
不,你不用走
I settled your debt with the Buckleys.
我把你和巴克利家的债结清了
What?
什么
How?
怎么做到的
It's a long story, but...
说来话长,但是...
I helped P.J. avoid a very public fiasco.
我帮P.J.避免了声誉上的损失
Nate probably hates me now, but it doesn't matter.
内特现在大概很恨我,不过没关系
You can stay.
因为你可以留下了
I didn't ask for you to save me. I wanted to.
我没求你救我,我想帮你
Serena, this was my debt to settle, not yours.
瑟琳娜,这是我的债,不是你的
If that means I have to go work on... Work on an oil rig?
如果我得去工作,去石油钻塔吗
Carter, I wasn't gonna allow that to happen.
卡特,我不会让这样的事情发生的
You have nothing to prove to the Buckleys.
你不需要向巴克利家证明什么
I wasn't proving it to them.
我不是要向他们证明
I was proving it to you, to myself.
我是向你证明,向我自己证明
I wanted to take responsibility for what I did.
我要为我做的事负责
I have to go.
我得走了
No.
别走
I saw the way you looked at me at the wedding,
我看到你在婚礼上看我的眼神了
And I see the way that you're looking at me now.
我也看到你现在看我的眼神
I think I'd rather... have you hate me
我更愿意让你恨我
Than feel sorry for me.
也不愿让你可怜我
Please.
别走
Mom.
妈
Please.
拜托
I'm so sorry.
很抱歉
Vanessa, we are so hard on you
瓦内萨,我们之所以对你那么严厉
Because we want you
是因为我们想让你
To challenge yourself to be your own person.
挑战自我,寻找自我
Are we really wrong to...to question your decision
质疑你在此就读的决定
To attend college here?
真的是我们错了吗
I think it's time
我认为
For you to consider who this place is turning you into.
你该考虑清楚,这里可以让你成为怎样的人
Your parents hate me. I hate me.
你父母不喜欢我,我也讨厌自己
We'll just explain what happened. You'll be fine.
我们会解释清楚,没事的
Maybe she's different when they're alone.
他们独处的时候她可能表现不一样
Maybe she's totally different.
也许完全是另一人
Oh, hey. We missed you guys. Yes, very much.
嘿,我们惦记你们呢,是啊,非常惦记
Oh, god.
天啊
Dan, was that Blair on the P.A.?
丹,刚才那个现场直播是布莱尔吗
She really should have run that speech past someone.
她真的该把这个发言机会让给别人
Uh, yeah, you know, I'll... I'll...I'll get to that,
对,我会谈谈这个问题的
But, uh, before, when Olivia was,
但在此之前,当奥莉薇亚
I don't know, I guess she was being all Hollywood...
我猜她一直在扮演好莱坞...
Oh, what?
什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在讲什么
Oh, my god. I have to explain.
天啊,我得解释下
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Ladies and gentlemen,
女生们,先生们
It's time for this year's freshman toast,
下面是今年的新生致辞
And it's my honor to call upon Olivia Burke.
我很荣幸,有请奥莉薇亚?伯克
What?
什么
I was not expecting this.
我没预料到这个
Olivia, can I get a picture? Me, too.
奥莉薇亚,可以拍张照片吗,我也要
Oh, sure. Um...
当然
Nice try, ladies.
干得不错,女士们
You came out swinging but never stood a chance
你们盛装出现,但是却没有机会
Against a Hollywood heavyweight.
夺走莱坞明星的风采
Why did we do all this? You tell me.
我们做的一切都是为了什么,你来告诉我吧
Hi. I'm Olivia Burke.
大家好,我是奥莉薇亚?伯克
Okay, dan, the humiliation has got to end,
好了,丹,羞辱已经结束了
It'll be fine this time. I promise. I hope.
会没事的,我保证,但愿如此
You made it. Hey. There you are.
你们来啦,你们总算来了
Hi. I'm Jenny.
你好,我叫珍妮
It's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you.
很高兴见到你,对你我都耳熟能详了
So, uh, do you really know Leo?
你真的认识里奥吗
Um, it was just a joke to lighten the mood.
这只是调节气氛的玩笑话而已
Mr. And Mrs. Humphrey, I'm really sorry about yesterday.
汉弗瑞先生,太太,昨天真的很抱歉
Dan, already explained everything. Let's talk toppings.
丹都解释清楚了,聊点别的吧
We have whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate chips.
有生奶油,草莓,巧克力薯条
And, uh, does anyone want coffee?
有谁要咖啡吗
Jenny, wait. Um...
珍妮,等一下
My "welcome back, Kotter" mugs.
我的"欢迎回来,考特"杯
Yes, well, it wouldn't be our home without them.
没有它们,就没有家的感觉
Olivia, you get the, uh, Vinnie Barbarino.
奥莉薇亚,你用这个文尼?巴尔巴里诺杯子
You know, Travolta has, uh, a set of these.
屈伏塔有一套这杯子
He got really upset when I accidentally cracked
我不小心打破他心爱的"兴隆华盛顿"时
His Freddie "boom-boom" Washington.
他非常的沮丧
I'm just kidding. Hey, let's eat.
开玩笑的,去吃吧
Oh, you weren't kidding, were you?
你不是真的在开玩笑,对吧
No.
当然不是
What do you want, Blair?
你来干嘛,布莱尔
Forgiveness.
求你原谅
I'm so sorry, Chuck.
真的很抱歉,恰克
I made a mistake.
我做错了
I know there's no excuse, but... It was just a kiss.
我知道不该找借口,但那只是一个吻
The people you manipulate...
被你玩弄的那些人
I know how little respect you have for them.
我知道,你根本从未尊重过他们
But not you. I don't feel that way about you.
但不是对你,我从未那样对你
And I won't ever do it again. I promise.
而且再也不会那样做了,我发誓
It was a mistake. I'm in a meeting.
那是个意外,我在开会
Call you later?
那我再打给你
Hey, mom. I'm at the place. I ordered you a croissant.
妈妈,我到了,我帮你点了羊角面包
Oh, honey, thank you, but I'm already on the road.
亲爱的,谢谢,但我已经在路上了
Yeah, it's such a long drive, and I wanted to get an early
路程很长,我想早点到
No, I get it.
没事,我理解
And you know I can't leave your dad alone too long.
你知道的,我不能离开你爸爸太久
Yeah, t-tell dad I said hi.
好,帮我向爸爸问好
I will. Love you.
会的,我爱你
Me, too.
我也是
When it comes to family, we're all still children at heart.
遇到亲情时,在内心深处我们仍旧是子女
Hey.
嗨
No matter how old we get,
无论我们多大
We always need a place to call home.
永远都需要一个称之为家的地方
Because without the people you love most...
因为,若没有你最爱的人分享
You can't help but feel all alone in the world.
你在这世上会不自觉地孤独
You want it?
想吃点吗
Thanks.
多谢
Fortunately, misery loves company...
幸运的是,痛苦喜欢与人作伴
Well, for now at least.